Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match: Man City v Liverpool Sat 21st November 17:30 Kick Off

Read 15476 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre Match: Man City v Liverpool Sat 21st November 17:30 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Nov 18, 2015 03:27:41 pm
      Why are we so quick write Sterling off? 6 goals in 15 total matches this season for City is pretty damn good for a 20-year-old winger.

maybe because he gave us the finger because he thought he was too big for this club.....just a thought
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #47: Nov 18, 2015 05:33:07 pm
      I'd take a draw if it was to be offered but a win would be a lovely bonus.

Yeah absolutely. Even though we need to start getting wins (we've got quite a bit of ground to make up), a draw at the Etihad is a good result. A win is like being able to eat ice cream for desert.

maybe because he gave us the finger because he thought he was too big for this club.....just a thought

You're right, actually. People were quick to hop on a notion of "he's not that good anyway" once Sterling wanted out or once he asked for more money. If he had stayed and put those numbers up here, people would be all positive and talk about how great he is.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #48: Nov 18, 2015 06:13:26 pm
      We will be like ants/wasps attacking these glory hunting plebs, plus it'll be nice if Henderson is back/ Sturridge too. Hope so.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #49: Nov 18, 2015 06:30:26 pm
      We will be like ants/wasps attacking these glory hunting plebs, plus it'll be nice if Henderson is back/ Sturridge too. Hope so.

those two players could make a huge difference to our team.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #50: Nov 18, 2015 09:39:03 pm
      Glad that the International breaks are over, would be nice to start off, with a win at City. Although have gone for a draw in the prediction league. I would love to see the Reds grab all three points with a win.
      Jake70
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #51: Nov 18, 2015 11:41:27 pm
      those two players could make a huge difference to our team.

Just checked for an injury update and came across this in the echo -

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-henderson-sturridge-warned-10465670

Hodgson pisses me off.

Jake70
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #52: Nov 18, 2015 11:42:59 pm
      Obviously i wouldn't want to see either in an England shirt, especially with their injuries.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #53: Nov 19, 2015 01:41:41 am

Even if fit, neither seem likely to start. At best we get a handful of minutes near the end from one or both....
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #54: Nov 19, 2015 07:47:37 am
                                Migs
      Clyne    Skrtel              Lovren     Moreno

Lucas        Can

Coutinho          Firmino

Ibe       

Benteke
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #55: Nov 19, 2015 10:44:07 am
      Even if fit, neither seem likely to start. At best we get a handful of minutes near the end from one or both....

True, I know how great Sturridge is but I just cant wait for Henderson to come back into the team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #56: Nov 19, 2015 10:53:19 am
      @TeleFootball: Daniel Sturridge claims he's 'fit and ready to go' after injury lay-off - @_ChrisBascombe
      https://t.co/ejFzj9O1v8 https://t.co/BlJKY3kzD6
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #57: Nov 19, 2015 11:36:02 am
      @TeleFootball: Daniel Sturridge claims he's 'fit and ready to go' after injury lay-off - @_ChrisBascombe
      https://t.co/ejFzj9O1v8 https://t.co/BlJKY3kzD6

Ready to go where? ;)
      It would be nice it was on the football pitch and not a beach in West Indies.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #58: Nov 19, 2015 11:45:38 am
      Ready to go where? ;)

Yeah shame the match is not today because anything could happen to Danny in two days time  :)

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #59: Nov 19, 2015 11:49:21 am
      Surely Danny hasn't done the required training sessions Klopp likes so I'd expect him to be on the bench at the very most.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #60: Nov 19, 2015 11:57:17 am
      We can wrap Sturridge in cotton wool until game time but some k*nt from Shitty may just take him out as soon as he on the pitch. :(

Perhaps, we can give him body pads (similar to shin pads) just to keep him safe from Ibe. ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #61: Nov 19, 2015 12:20:24 pm
      Ready to go where? ;)

Ha .

Lest we forget .....

That was Rodger's "man management" for Sterling. Give the poor tired boy a holiday in Jammers.
      Talk about piss take.

City going to give him a mid season break to play at being Rasta Man again?  F**k that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #62: Nov 19, 2015 01:47:37 pm
      I think we can go there and f***in do them, their not that special imo and I believe with Klopp's tactical nous and a bit of extra endeavour we can get a result,
      I think the first half JĂŒrgen will play it safe and suss out the strength/ weaknesses and then adapt accordingly, I have an idea he may set up thus.....

Mignolet
                  Clyne    Skrtle   Lovren  Moreno
                                   Lucas(c)
                           Milner          Can
                                 Coutinho
                      Lallana              Benteke

Bench;   Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Henderson, Sturridge, Firmino,Ibe.....

I think he'll want to keep it tight as possible for as long as possible, at some point I'd like to see Hendo replace Milner, depending how Coutinho is doing, perhaps Firmino on for him, Ibe could replace Lallana, I honestly can't see Klopp risking Sturridge just yet, especially in such a high profile game, personally I'd give him a few more training sessions yet before chucking him in there,

If we can get in and around them with the high pressing and capable of the counter attack, we can restrict their movement, get them worried about us and force mistakes in the final third areas,

Klopp will have our lads fired up in the belief stakes, the players want to play for him and will want to continually impress, I'm confident we can win this,

Oh and I hope that wee KUNT Sterling gets F***ing clobbered.

1-2 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #63: Nov 19, 2015 02:56:58 pm
      Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC  1 hr1 hour ago
      Klopp: "I don’t care about if Man City are the best team in the league. All I care about is if #LFC are the best team in the league."
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #64: Nov 19, 2015 03:10:41 pm
      Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC  1 hr1 hour ago
      Klopp: "I don’t care about if Man City are the best team in the league. All I care about is if #LFC are the best team in the league."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFyTx7_5g2w

It was another good press conference for the boss. I loved how he dismissed Man City saying how he's never lost them in two times meeting them with Dortmund and how he didn't care if they were the best team in the league as long as Liverpool can be the best team in the league.

One thing I picked up on is the removal of targets from all players in terms of goals, something I was calling for with Coutinho and am really pleased to hear he doesn't have that added pressure on his game. I understand both sides of target setting but feel with a lad like that the removal of this will allow him to relax more in a game and basically play his natural game more often.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #65: Nov 19, 2015 04:06:29 pm
      Ok  Im sure this is going to kick off .
      I make no apology. Someone needs to say it.

Its relevant to the City game.

Just read that we are going to have the Marseillaise sung before every Premier League game this weekend.
      That everyone is going to join hands in the centre circle.
      Arranged by The FA.  Scudamore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34872166

We had this in the England game at Wembley in "solidarite" with those across La Manche  (The Drain as the French call it ) or the English Channel as we call it.
      We gave over the whole of our national stadium.  A nation united in sympathy.
      Wonderful stuff.
      Made you feel proud. Showed the French how we do this thing.

This is the English Premier League.
      Stuff happens.

Move on.

Isn't there sympathy overkill now?

Anyone out there know that a player who was born in Liverpool and joined the Reds in 1957 .... who went on to be a 1st (Premier) division manager .... died two weeks ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Campbell_%28English_footballer%29

Bobby Campbell ?

Are we wearing black armbands for him ?

Did the French and the rest of the world light up their buildings with a hologram of the Union Jack 10 years ago when we had the 7 / 7 bombings when 56 innocent victims where killed in London?
      Did they all stand round their centre circles in Toulouse , in Lyon , in Nantes , in Marseille ... in Paris?
      No they didn't.
      Or as a result of 7/ 7 an innocent man was killed by our security services on a Tube train by mistaken identity?
      No.

Its been happening for some time now.

Sympathy overkill gone mad.

Out of control.

We've done this stuff a few nights ago in some style with the national team at Wembley.

Is this necessary ? 

Really ?

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2015 11:40:04 pm by eurored »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Nov 19, 2015 06:22:16 pm
      Ok  Im sure this is going to kick off .
      I make no apology. Someone needs to say it.

Its relevant to the City game.

Just read that we are going to have the Marseillaise sung before every Premier League game this weekend.
      That everyone is going to join hands in the centre circle.
      Arranged by The FA.  Scudamore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34872166

We had this in the England game at Wembley in "solidarite" with those across La Manche ie (The Drain as the French call it ) or the English Channel as we call it.
      We gave over the whole of our national stadium.  A nation united in sympathy.
      Wonderful stuff.
      Made you feel proud. Showed the French how we do this thing.

This is the English Premier League.
      Stuff happens.

Move on.

Isn't there sympathy overkill now?

Anyone out there know that a player who was born in Liverpool and joined the Reds in 1957 .... who went on to be a 1st (Premier) division manager .... died two weeks ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Campbell_%28English_footballer%29

Bobby Campbell ?

Are we wearing black armbands for him ?

Did the French and the rest of the world light up their buildings with a hologram of the Union Jack 10 years ago when we had the 7 / 7 bombings when 56 innocent victims where killed in London.
      Did they all stand round their centre circles in Toulouse , in Lyon , in Nantes , in Marseille ... in Paris?
      No they didn't.
      Or as a result of 7/ 7 an innocent man was killed by our security services on a Tube train by mistaken identity.
      No.

Its been happening for some time now.

Sympathy overkill gone mad.

Out of control.

We've done this stuff a few nights ago in some style with the national team at Wembley.

Is this necessary ? 

Really ?

I absolutely agree with you. It is sympathy overkill. I blame the hyper sensitive nature of social media to be honest. It's become a vulgar arena for virtue signalling and competitive grievance as if to show that you are better than that individual. I suppose we're taking the virtual reality of social media into REALITY now. We could do without and allow ourselves to mourn in private.  Diego marked the ones who are banging on about other terrorist attacks in Lebanon etc and putting all the flags of these affected countries on their profile pics - he called them 'tragedy hipsters'. Perfect description.

10-15 years ago we could move on from it. I remember the Ashes in 2005 started at Lords just a week or so after the London bombings. We had started our Champions League qualification campaign against TNS around that period - we remembered the victims 7/7 bombings with a well observed minute silence. It was the best means to do so and then we got on with the game.

Call me a cynic but what the Paris attacks have shown is that every person, every city and every country, every online network is trying to outdo one another on who cares the most. All these landmarks draped projected by the tricolour is overkill. A flag at half mast is surely respectful enough no? I'm surprised not one nation hasn't projected the French flag on to the moon! Doing so trivialises the horror of what happened last Friday night and by doing that it starts to get a bit disrespectful where the obvious motive is selfish to show that you care most/your city cares most/your country cares most.

Can't we just stand in respectful silence for the victims? Remember them. The individuals.
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2015 07:33:15 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,689 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #67: Nov 19, 2015 06:31:03 pm
      We need this game so much for me. A draw is a minimum!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #68: Nov 19, 2015 06:33:05 pm
      Shame we cant bring Danny Agger back for one match for Raheem to feel that sweet forearm.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m587AQCL0rU

Quick Reply