Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match: Man City v Liverpool Sat 21st November 17:30 Kick Off

Read 15475 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Re: Pre Match: Man City v Liverpool Sat 21st November 17:30 Kick Off
      Reply #69: Nov 19, 2015 06:35:55 pm
      Ok  Im sure this is going to kick off .
      I make no apology. Someone needs to say it.

Its relevant to the City game.

Just read that we are going to have the Marseillaise sung before every Premier League game this weekend.
      That everyone is going to join hands in the centre circle.
      Arranged by The FA.  Scudamore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34872166

We had this in the England game at Wembley in "solidarite" with those across La Manche ie (The Drain as the French call it ) or the English Channel as we call it.
      We gave over the whole of our national stadium.  A nation united in sympathy.
      Wonderful stuff.
      Made you feel proud. Showed the French how we do this thing.

This is the English Premier League.
      Stuff happens.

Move on.

Isn't there sympathy overkill now?

Anyone out there know that a player who was born in Liverpool and joined the Reds in 1957 .... who went on to be a 1st (Premier) division manager .... died two weeks ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Campbell_%28English_footballer%29

Bobby Campbell ?

Are we wearing black armbands for him ?

Did the French and the rest of the world light up their buildings with a hologram of the Union Jack 10 years ago when we had the 7 / 7 bombings when 56 innocent victims where killed in London.
      Did they all stand round their centre circles in Toulouse , in Lyon , in Nantes , in Marseille ... in Paris?
      No they didn't.
      Or as a result of 7/ 7 an innocent man was killed by our security services on a Tube train by mistaken identity.
      No.

Its been happening for some time now.

Sympathy overkill gone mad.

Out of control.

We've done this stuff a few nights ago in some style with the national team at Wembley.

Is this necessary ? 

Really ?

In spite of my absolute solidarity and sympathy with the people who have experienced this horror, I have to agree.  We are becoming a (western?) world obsessed with commemoration. 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #70: Nov 19, 2015 07:19:53 pm

Just read that we are going to have the Marseillaise sung before every Premier League game this weekend.

We had this in the England game at Wembley in "solidarite" with those across La Manche ie (The Drain as the French call it ) or the English Channel as we call it.
      Wonderful stuff.

Stuff happens.

Move on.

Anyone out there know that a player who was born in Liverpool and joined the Reds in 1957 .... who went on to be a 1st (Premier) division manager .... died two weeks ago?

Bobby Campbell ?

Did the French and the rest of the world light up their buildings with a hologram of the Union Jack 10 years ago when we had the 7 / 7 bombings when 56 innocent victims where killed in London.
      Did they all stand round their centre circles in Toulouse , in Lyon , in Nantes , in Marseille ... in Paris?
      No they didn't.
      Or as a result of 7/ 7 an innocent man was killed by our security services on a Tube train by mistaken identity.
      No.

Out of control.

We've done this stuff a few nights ago in some style with the national team at Wembley.

Is this necessary ? 

Really ?

Agree completely and FMS's reply sums it up perfectly in my opinion.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #71: Nov 19, 2015 09:37:00 pm
      We can wrap Sturridge in cotton wool until game time but some k*nt from Shitty may just take him out as soon as he on the pitch. :(

Perhaps, we can give him body pads (similar to shin pads) just to keep him safe from Ibe. ;)

Sturridge, unfortunately , is finished as a top flight footballer IMO. I cannot remember any player having so many injury problems and then going on to thrive. Especially with his history.
      He quite simply cannot be relied upon. Nothing personal against the lad, we just need to cash in as soon as he has a decent run of games.

It's a pity because on his day he is superb, but them are just the breaks i suppose.  You want to win? You gotta be ruthless.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #72: Nov 19, 2015 09:51:02 pm
      Sturridge, unfortunately , is finished as a top flight footballer IMO. I cannot remember any player having so many injury problems and then going on to thrive. Especially with his history.
      He quite simply cannot be relied upon. Nothing personal against the lad, we just need to cash in as soon as he has a decent run of games.

It's a pity because on his day he is superb, but them are just the breaks i suppose.  You want to win? You gotta be ruthless.

Thanks for your medical opinion Dr Nick........
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2015 07:41:41 am by HScRed1 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Nov 19, 2015 10:18:19 pm
      I cannot remember any player having so many injury problems and then going on to thrive. Especially with his history.

Ronaldo done his cruciate, twice in the prime of his career...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #74: Nov 19, 2015 10:47:58 pm
      Call me a cynic but what the Paris attacks have shown is that every person, every city and every country, every online network is trying to outdo one another on who cares the most.

Just quoted this bit as I've seen on Twitter and Rawk calls for a mosaic next Thursday over the Paris thing as we're playing a French team.

It's nuts, can understand if we were playing PSG, but were not, it's Bordeaux and that's a different city to Paris and it would be just under two weeks since the attack happened. What happened at Wembley was a perfect response, so why can't we leave it at that.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #75: Nov 19, 2015 11:33:41 pm
      Just quoted this bit as I've seen on Twitter and Rawk calls for a mosaic next Thursday over the Paris thing as we're playing a French team.

It's nuts, can understand if we were playing PSG, but were not, it's Bordeaux and that's a different city to Paris and it would be just under two weeks since the attack happened. What happened at Wembley was a perfect response, so why can't we leave it at that.

Agree HR and with the Premier League playing the French national anthem just screams of them feeling left out and wanting to get the league in the spotlight more than any thought of showing sympathy or support to the victims.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Nov 19, 2015 11:37:38 pm

Bordeaux is a five  hour drive away from Paris.
      Done it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #77: Nov 20, 2015 01:38:10 am
      I also agree that it's going on a bit over the top. Especially as most don't know the words anyway, and if they are printed in programmes, the lack of french accent and expression make it sound a bit dour as well.
      Best left for the French I think.
      Respect and condolences to them all, an awful  series of event we wouldn't wish on anyone, but we also have to move on.
      Not forget, just move on.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #78: Nov 20, 2015 08:30:19 am
      Ronaldo done his cruciate, twice in the prime of his career...

That's true. But Ronaldo had long spells before and between those jnjuries  were he was fit and playing.
      Sturridge always seems to have a niggle or a twinge. For whatever reason, some player's bodies just can't handle the demands of a top flight athlete.

I don't think many Reds fans think that his injury problems are over. Nor do i believe that the management think this  either.

The lad is now taking up a strikers berth. I would hope Jürgen  makes this point to FSG in January . As to convince them that we need another top quality striker.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #79: Nov 20, 2015 12:19:39 pm
      I hope to see further improvement in the shape and style of the team. Without the ability to score goals freely we need to be really tight tomorrow and I think a draw would be a fantastic result.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #80: Nov 20, 2015 01:08:58 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #81: Nov 20, 2015 01:22:14 pm
      Have a good feeling well do these over
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #82: Nov 20, 2015 01:42:21 pm

The French Branch of supporters have been coming to Anfield as a group for over 10 years now and we try to get over to Liverpool at least 5 times a season and every time we come we put our yellow LFC flowers on the Hillsborough Memorial, you may of seen them, to show our respect and have a prayer for the 96. We do this because the people at HJC said it would be more fitting than to give donnations as they feel it shows all football supporters that we will never forget the members of the big Red family who lost their lives at Hillsborough.

The next time we are in Liverpool as a group is for the Swansea game, we are 34 at Anfield and 26 on the KOP. There will be 14 members at the Bordeaux game aswell, all on the KOP and making the best of two home games in four days, so we will try to get our flowers to the Hillsborough Memorial for that game to show some respect and say a prayer for the people who lost their lives in Paris aswell as the 96. The flowers have been organised for the Swansea game since June and the recent events in Paris and the Bordeaux games timming, is pure coincendence. Next up is Sunderland for us in 2016.

I will be going to Goodison aswell and putting a French Branch and Everton scarf there for the poor French Everton supporter who lost his life at the Bataclan in Paris. I will be doing this on behalf of all the members of the French Branch to show our support for the French Toffees and as a sign of respect for the lads support of the Toffees. Merseyside is Mersey Pride !

Obviously we have already shown our respect here in Paris and we look forward to doing so in Liverpool. If LFC decide to organise anything they can count on our full support !

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=323943.80
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #83: Nov 20, 2015 02:30:50 pm

We had this in the England game at Wembley in "solidarite" with those across La Manche  (The Drain as the French call it ) or the English Channel as we call it.
      Wonderful stuff.

Stuff happens.

Move on.

Bobby Campbell ?

Did the French and the rest of the world light up their buildings with a hologram of the Union Jack 10 years ago when we had the 7 / 7 bombings when 56 innocent victims where killed in London?
      No they didn't.
      Or as a result of 7/ 7 an innocent man was killed by our security services on a Tube train by mistaken identity?
      No.

Out of control.

Is this necessary ? 

Really ?

Sacre Bleu Skip, you been eating too much Lescargot, ?

Yanno what ze frenchies are like, dwelling on their sympathies, must be a Euro thingy, we Brits just get on with it don't we, we have our moments to respectfully remember those innocent victims, and never forget our heroes who paid the ultimate sacrifice, but we never wallow in self pity,

We are of course all United (hate that word) in support for those Parisiens and everyone involved, and that was shown quite rightly at Wembley, but to carry it thru to another week is ott,

Don't want to sound callous, but sh*t happens, and Isis took a massive sh*t on Paris last Friday, for me it's best to just carry on as normal, don't give those cowardly jihadist mother fuckers the air time, let the French, British, Yank, German and any other Special forces take these kunts out bit by bit, oh and did I forget to mention the daily carpet bombing of their wee secret hideouts,

Everything you said is spot on, sympathy overkill indeed !

RIP Bobby Campbell, God bless, YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #84: Nov 20, 2015 02:35:39 pm

Should of saved yourself the time and effort there lad, already seen that on RAOTL two days ago, still stand by what I said, would of meant more if we were playing PSG. And next time don't bother with the rawk links - I can't stand that shithole and majority of the wankers that post there.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #85: Nov 20, 2015 02:51:36 pm
      Should of saved yourself the time and effort there lad, already seen that on RAOTL two days ago, still stand by what I said, would of meant more if we were playing PSG. And next time don't bother with the rawk links - I can't stand that shithole and majority of the wankers that post there.

Well, considering you spoke of RAWK in your initial post, I thought I'd post. How was I supposed to know that you know what's said on RAWK, but don't want it reposted back to you?  :D

Anyway, just thought I'd post it. No harm intended or done, as you were lad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #86: Nov 20, 2015 02:56:23 pm
      Well, considering you spoke of RAWK in your initial post, I thought I'd post. How was I supposed to know that you know what's said on RAWK, but don't want it reposted back to you?  :D

Anyway, just thought I'd post it. No harm intended or done, as you were lad.

I didn't look on rawk, I saw someone from there mention it on twitter, which is were I originally saw the idea.

Good luck to them,  haven't got a ticket for the Europa League games this year, so I won't be there anyway.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #87: Nov 20, 2015 03:12:07 pm
      I'm guessing there isn't much confidence for tomorrow seeing as we're already turning this into a pre-Bordeaux match thread?

After beating Chelsea I had this down as a free hit.  Palace defeat complicates it though.

Right now I'd take a draw - although obviously not one of those draws were we are winning 3-0 and then chuck it away.

Looking ahead to the fixtures - Klopp's real work starts Sunday IMO.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #88: Nov 20, 2015 03:12:19 pm

Sacre Bleu Skip, you been eating too much Lescargot, ?

Yanno what ze frenchies are like, dwelling on their sympathies, must be a Euro thingy, we Brits just get on with it don't we, we have our moments to respectfully remember those innocent victims, and never forget our heroes who paid the ultimate sacrifice, but we never wallow in self pity,

We are of course all United (hate that word) in support for those Parisiens and everyone involved, and that was shown quite rightly at Wembley, but to carry it thru to another week is ott,

Don't want to sound callous, but sh*t happens, and Isis took a massive sh*t on Paris last Friday, for me it's best to just carry on as normal, don't give those cowardly jihadist mother fuckers the air time, let the French, British, Yank, German and any other Special forces take these kunts out bit by bit, oh and did I forget to mention the daily carpet bombing of their wee secret hideouts,

Everything you said is spot on, sympathy overkill indeed !

RIP Bobby Campbell, God bless, YNWA

dodgy bottle of Red probably but he is right who decides how we show our emotions or support it should be a personal thing. I thought the singing at Wembley was a damp squib unless you could read French quick enough to keep up with the music.
      There is no doubt of our support for the Victims that is a given but we need to be careful we dont go into empathy overdrive I am minded of another tragic event some 26 years ago the families are still seeking justice.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #89: Nov 20, 2015 03:13:48 pm
      I want to see if Jürgen beat his personal best for leaping during a goal celebration I hope to witness it about 3 times tomorrow.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #90: Nov 20, 2015 05:08:46 pm
      dodgy bottle of Red probably but he is right who decides how we show our emotions or support it should be a personal thing. I thought the singing at Wembley was a damp squib unless you could read French quick enough to keep up with the music.
      There is no doubt of our support for the Victims that is a given but we need to be careful we dont go into empathy overdrive I am minded of another tragic event some 26 years ago the families are still seeking justice.

I hear you Walton, I don't think anyone for a minute knows how the families of our lost 96 feels irrespective of their own personal grief, losing a close relative will always be heart wrenching pain, to lose loved ones thru either unnatural events such as last Friday or in our case a blatant failure from those trusted to protect us is harder to swallow, the 96 families seeking justice and indeed those poor souls out enjoying themselves last Friday will find it harder to move on than most ?

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #91: Nov 20, 2015 05:25:55 pm
      With Kompany out tomorrow, I definitely hope Benteke plays.

Quick Reply