Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.2%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.2%)
      Martin Skrtel
      26 (15.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.2%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.6%)
      Emre Can
      6 (3.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.2%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      39 (23.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      77 (46.4%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: Nov 25, 2015 10:55:20 pm

Man City 1:4 Liverpool, In game & post match debate.

Read 38679 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Man City 1:4 Liverpool, In game & post match debate.
      Reply #667: Nov 23, 2015 01:50:45 pm
      Brendan Rodgers:
      Liverpool 0 - 3 West Ham
      Manchester United 3 - 1 Liverpool
      Jürgen Klopp:
      Chelsea 1 - 3 Liverpool
      Manchester City 1 - 4 Liverpool

But... in Brendan we trust.

Watching the match yesterday, brought back memories of the demolitions when S&S, Cou etc. were at their best.
      The speed of attack, the quick interplay, clinical passing.

Whatever about BR's final season and a bit, he tried to have the side playing a good style of football for most of his time.
      We definately lost the passion and belief toward the end, and BR himself changed things to mix in long balls, which was one of the last straws.

Klopp has done great so far and has turning things around, the players have bought into what he's trying to do, they are playing with a passion and energy haven't seen for a long time.
      But the style of play BR played for most of his time, imo has stood to the players, and to what Klopp is doing now.
      Don't think BR could've done what Klopp has recently, absolutely no way.  His time had definately come.
      But there are some elements of the work BR did that is standing to the players now.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #668: Nov 23, 2015 01:56:52 pm

I'll never forget his scream of delight when Martial scored for Scumchester earlier this season, yet he's supposed to be impartial, if your the last side in Europe and a goal is scored you can perhaps forgive a expression of glee, but this was a premier league encounter with nothing more than 3 pts at steak, yet his expression was as if it were the winner in a CL final, the simple fact was, it was against LFC which he was so delighted with, a KUNT of the highest order is Tyler, always will be.

YNWA

That pissed me off no end. He sounded surprised at Benteke's overhead kick, which for me is going to be in the goal of the season competition, but his orgasmic scream when Martial scored was pathetic. Like some bitter little angry sh*t shouting at his fellow fan for the sake of shouting. He even said "well I didn't think Benteke's goal would be bettered any time soon but Martial has just done that..." Martial's finish was a very good finish following a a bit of luck, Benteke's was piece of superb acrobatic skill that's so rare to see. What a total c*** that Tyler is.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #669: Nov 23, 2015 03:03:49 pm
      That pissed me off no end. He sounded surprised at Benteke's overhead kick, which for me is going to be in the goal of the season competition, but his orgasmic scream when Martial scored was pathetic. Like some bitter little angry sh*t shouting at his fellow fan for the sake of shouting. He even said "well I didn't think Benteke's goal would be bettered any time soon but Martial has just done that..." Martial's finish was a very good finish following a a bit of luck, Benteke's was piece of superb acrobatic skill that's so rare to see. What a total c*** that Tyler is.

Agree Ozi, although Martial's goal was decent it no way out shone Benteke's, as for yesterday, it was the snide little comments like  'Liverpool might need a fourth', as if to say once City get a second they will then get a third and bring the game to parity, I think it's called covering his Arse just in case it happened, the 'I told you so' theory,

Neville to be honest did praise when it suited but there was still a degree of hesitancy in his voice, not surprising being a Manc, but he was droneful, and if I'm honest I've heard folk at funerals sound cheerier.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #670: Nov 23, 2015 03:12:57 pm

Agree Ozi, although Martial's goal was decent it no way out shone Benteke's, as for yesterday, it was the snide little comments like  'Liverpool might need a fourth', as if to say once City get a second they will then get a third and bring the game to parity, I think it's called covering his Arse just in case it happened, the 'I told you so' theory,

Neville to be honest did praise when it suited but there was still a degree of hesitancy in his voice, not surprising being a Manc, but he was droneful, and if I'm honest I've heard folk at funerals sound cheerier.

YNWA

thought Neville was really spot on. He actually said we could be three up before City wake up and he praised the football we played.
      what will really make the City result important is if we go and do the same on thursday at Anfield then we will know the players have bought into this new era
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #671: Nov 23, 2015 03:33:54 pm
      Watching the match yesterday, brought back memories of the demolitions when S&S, Cou etc. were at their best.
      The speed of attack, the quick interplay, clinical passing.

Whatever about BR's final season and a bit, he tried to have the side playing a good style of football for most of his time.
      We definately lost the passion and belief toward the end, and BR himself changed things to mix in long balls, which was one of the last straws.

Klopp has done great so far and has turning things around, the players have bought into what he's trying to do, they are playing with a passion and energy haven't seen for a long time.
      But the style of play BR played for most of his time, imo has stood to the players, and to what Klopp is doing now.
      Don't think BR could've done what Klopp has recently, absolutely no way.  His time had definately come.
      But there are some elements of the work BR did that is standing to the players now.

'' There are some elements of the work BR did that is standing to the players now ''

you mean... that's why conceded a goal, right? ;D.

Well I agree with you mate... but Klopp is definitely a better coach, he's a proven winner, we're better off without Rodgers, let's be happy. Rodgerd doesn't have the right personality to manage a big club. Just watch his interviews, he made excuses all the time... Klopp is a winner!

No wonder the players didn't believe in him anymore.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #672: Nov 23, 2015 04:04:42 pm
      Brendan Rodgers had a very good philosophy and was a good manager, but he lacked experience. He did not know how to manage his players and to give them credit when it is due(his comments were sometimes too disproportionate), and he did not know what to do defensively. Saying that all the team should defend while it was clear that the issue was in the defense was(IMO) ridiculous.

Klopp is much better but Rodgers is a good manager which lacks experience, however, give credit where it is due, he brought some very good players(Coutinho, Firminho, Benteke, Sturridge, Can, Clyne), made Sterling become what he is today and made us second of the EPL with a team which terribly lacked depth.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #673: Nov 23, 2015 04:54:05 pm

YNWA

I must admit, I do enjoy the little moments of hesitancy with Nevile when it comes to Liverpool and to be fair, he usually snaps out of it and remembers he is actually a good pundit. Never liked him as a player obviously, but he's one of a few commentators out there I can say are actually generally impartial and observant. He does come alive when he's got Carra beside him, our Carra has a habit of bringing a bit of life to everything he does ;)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #674: Nov 23, 2015 05:22:17 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #675: Nov 23, 2015 06:25:30 pm
      Brilliant result and great to destroy Sterling, he was missing all game.

Can't fault the lads, they were up for it and looked like Liverpool of old.

However, I again found myself getting pissed off with Lovren, he was noticeably our worst player IMO. The team played so well which for me, made his mistakes a lot more obvious.

The goal they scored was a mess of our own making but the finish by Aguero showed why he's regarded as world class.

Disappointed in Benteke, when he was through 1v1 he seemed to have no confidence which was strange.

Feels good knowing we really took a team apart, they couldn't handle Firmino or Coutinho and even Can who played a big part in one of the goals.

Great stuff lads, now don't let yourselves down against Swansea.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #676: Nov 23, 2015 08:27:57 pm
      Brilliant result and great to destroy Sterling, he was missing all game.

Can't fault the lads, they were up for it and looked like Liverpool of old.

However, I again found myself getting pissed off with Lovren, he was noticeably our worst player IMO. The team played so well which for me, made his mistakes a lot more obvious.

The goal they scored was a mess of our own making but the finish by Aguero showed why he's regarded as world class.

Disappointed in Benteke, when he was through 1v1 he seemed to have no confidence which was strange.

Feels good knowing we really took a team apart, they couldn't handle Firmino or Coutinho and even Can who played a big part in one of the goals.

Great stuff lads, now don't let yourselves down against Swansea.

Just on Lovren, thought he was really good in the air. But a bit like Migs, still a bit apprehensive when the ball's at his feet. Has shown improvement though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #677: Nov 23, 2015 10:12:21 pm
      Carragher and Neville analysis from tonight's Monday Night Football:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f77dz
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #678: Nov 24, 2015 02:11:00 am
      I loved every minute of the game. I would even go as far as to say it was a better performance than the one against Chelsea. The way we press the opposition as soon as they get the ball is brilliant,such determination to get it back and start an attack. Firmino got MOTM for me,his best game since signing for us. He's taken time to settle but now it seems that him and Coutinho have struck a lethal partnership.
      I couldn't help but think city looked very average,they seemed to panic as soon as we got on the ball and ran at them,wither that's because they were without Kompany and Otamendi or not is a discussion for another place and another day. Our lads were superb from start to finish,can't wait for the next couple of games. Bring on Bordeaux and Swansea!!

Oh and has anyone contacted the local police over the disappearance of a young man? Goes by the name of Raheem Sterling,he was meant to be at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday but never showed up ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #679: Nov 24, 2015 08:45:10 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #680: Nov 24, 2015 12:18:15 pm
      they have certainly set the bar high for the next few games all of them winnable. Win lose or draw if they put in the same effort as Saturday they will not go far wrong.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #681: Nov 24, 2015 11:22:23 pm
      I watched the Carragher - Neville match analysis yesterday, and although I was elated with our performance and the result, It was a bit scary, them showing how we COULD have been undone, with a number of 3 on 1 counters city could have launched with a quite simple pass. But they never got it together, maybe because of our pressing un nerved them individually, or maybe we just got  lucky they never spotted the opening.
       No doubt others would have seen it and hopefully Jürgen can make sure we fill the gaps so no one else can take advantage of similar situations in future.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #682: Nov 25, 2015 08:42:17 am
      Quote from billythered
      Agree Ozi, although Martial's goal was decent it no way out shone Benteke's, as for yesterday, it was the snide little comments like  'Liverpool might need a fourth', as if to say once City get a second they will then get a third and bring the game to parity,

YNWA

We did need a fourth. This club has lost three goal leads away from home before. Palace, Southampton anyone??? I even go back further to Leeds in 91. 4-0 up with 20 minutes to go by  demolishing the opposition, limping home 5-4 at the end.

Tyler is one of the most in-demand commentators in the world, at the top of his profession since 1974. When he's not on Sky, he's commentating for someone else. And as pointed out before, he's neither a Red nor a manc, he's a Woking head.

But if his comments bother you, all you have to do is move your thumb. One click and he's gone.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #683: Nov 25, 2015 11:51:31 am
      We did need a fourth. This club has lost three goal leads away from home before. Palace, Southampton anyone??? I even go back further to Leeds in 91. 4-0 up with 20 minutes to go by  demolishing the opposition, limping home 5-4 at the end.

For Palace we had a different manager.
      I think I saw quoted on here that an observer at Melwood said of BR .....
      "hes a good manager when the team have the ball but without it ?"

Which was proved by having 50 goals scored against us and no one can win a title with that stat.

At least the defence has tightened up with ... dare I say ... the very same players ... which proved it didn't take much to do it.

It only needs one goal to win a match if the other team doesn't score .

Quick Reply