Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre Match: Liverpool V Bordeaux - 26/11 - 20:05 ko

Read 9072 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool V Bordeaux - 26/11 - 20:05 ko
      Reply #23: Nov 24, 2015 11:48:46 am
      Should be an easy win, also a good oppurtunity to improve our home form which has been fairly average since the start of the season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24: Nov 24, 2015 01:31:53 pm
      I think this game will be one of those games where the longer we take to score the more difficult it will get. Get an early goal and I think we may score 4 or 5.

Mignolet

Clyne          Skrtel               Kolo            Morino

Lucas        Allen

Ibe                    Firmino              Lallana

Benteke                     
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: Nov 24, 2015 01:52:45 pm
      I think this game will be one of those games where the longer we take to score the more difficult it will get. Get an early goal and I think we may score 4 or 5.

Mignolet

Clyne          Skrtel               Kolo            Morino

Lucas        Allen

Ibe                    Firmino              Lallana

Benteke                     

Lucas is out mate too many Refs give him ~Yellow cards for nothing. I cant see us changing much from Saturday with Allen coming in for Lucas.
      When we have Sturridge,Benteke and Henderson all fit we are going to have a very decent team and a strong bench.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26: Nov 24, 2015 02:02:21 pm
      Lucas is out mate too many Refs give him ~Yellow cards for nothing. I cant see us changing much from Saturday with Allen coming in for Lucas.
      When we have Sturridge,Benteke and Henderson all fit we are going to have a very decent team and a strong bench.

I thought he was going to be suspended for the Swansea game mate ?
      Anker Rose Skov
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 24, 2015 02:14:06 pm
      Defenetly a must win game. Id go with Benteke and Firmino to score one each. 2-0 .
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #28: Nov 24, 2015 02:18:27 pm
      I don't see the need to change the back-5. Bogdan can come in for the Saints game if needed. Lucas is suspended only for Swansea; Would probably give Can and Lallana a breather. Not too sure about Studge starting though.

Migs
      Clyne-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
      Allen-Lucas
      Milner-Firmino-Ibe
      Benteke

Subs - Bogdan, Randall, Toure, Can, Lallana, Studge, Origi
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015 03:36:08 pm by Vicks86 »
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 43 
      Reply #29: Nov 24, 2015 05:58:35 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Milner (c)
      Allen
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Benteke
      Lallana

Subs: Bogdan; Randall, Toure; Lucas; Firmino; Sturridge, Origi.

3-0 to us!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Nov 24, 2015 09:49:05 pm
      Looking forward to a bit of a party atmosphere on the Kop when we celebrate qualification into the next round, have a feeling we'll get a decent win and the kopites will be bouncing  8)
      Can see a mixture of first teamers and fringe players on Thursday, whoever pulls on the red shirt. Klopp will have them running their socks off and pressing nice and high up that pitch, actually really excited about being there....come on you mighty reds !!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #31: Nov 24, 2015 11:06:10 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Moreno

Milner (c)
      Allen
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Benteke
      Lallana

Subs: Bogdan; Randall, Toure; Lucas; Firmino; Sturridge, Origi.

3-0 to us!

We may be lacking the ability to unlock their defence if they park the bus, without our bit of Brazilian magic.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #32: Nov 25, 2015 09:52:49 am
      I think Klopp will play pretty much his strongest 11, remember what he said a few weeks back...

We are not tired until we say we are tired. All this talk of giving rests is a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Play as close to the team that played city and let them build more confidence together. The confidence gained in that match will have every single player who played energised and raring to go.

Also let's not forget this is a competition we could have a real chance in and it also gives us another route into the Champs League.

Start with the strongest team and then start resting people mid match if we need to. But in reality these are all professional athletes and playing games is what they are paid to do.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #33: Nov 25, 2015 10:21:19 am

Their badge is F***ing sh*t!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Nov 25, 2015 02:29:27 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Nov 25, 2015 06:24:33 pm
      I think Klopp will play pretty much his strongest 11, remember what he said a few weeks back...

We are not tired until we say we are tired. All this talk of giving rests is a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Play as close to the team that played city and let them build more confidence together. The confidence gained in that match will have every single player who played energised and raring to go.

Also let's not forget this is a competition we could have a real chance in and it also gives us another route into the Champs League.

Start with the strongest team and then start resting people mid match if we need to. But in reality these are all professional athletes and playing games is what they are paid to do.

This.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #36: Nov 25, 2015 06:34:33 pm

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: Nov 25, 2015 06:45:08 pm

I'm not sure I understand what the problems are now Huyton ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #38: Nov 25, 2015 07:01:07 pm
      I'm not sure I understand what the problems are now Huyton ?

From "The Huge Anfield Problem" thread:

Statement On Flags And Banners On The Kop

Below is a statement, hosted here, on behalf of the supporters responsible for many flags and banners as an update to the current situation.

Last weekend, supporters from Spion Kop 1906, On The Kop forum, the owner of the large Kop surfer flag and others responsible for the majority of flags and banners, met to discuss the recent issues that ultimately led to the removal of flags and banners prior to the Crystal Palace match at Anfield last week.

That decision had been taken by Spion Kop 1906 and was supported by all others, as sign of disapproval at recent events. Many have sought to pin this decision to one incident, but as was discussed on Sunday, this was in fact the culmination of a number of incidents that supporters felt left them with no choice.

It is a matter of record that at the final home game of last season, a supporter was involved in an incident with another supporter which has recently led to a supporter being banned from all football matches for three years, fined and subject to a curfew via electronic tag. Many have commented on this matter and the severity of the punishment for an incident that many have previously bore witness to, both inside football stadiums and elsewhere.

However, not previously discussed are the incidents that contributed to this matter and have subsequently taken place which has left supporters angry. These include:

Ahead of the Crystal Palace match, the club indicated their willingness to do a mosaic to mark the last Anfield appearance of Steven Gerrard. They spoke to Spion Kop 1906 about this and the supporters planned the mosaic along with subsequent banner displays to take place. This was agreed with the club. On the day of the match, stewards were unaware of the plans. The club had failed to communicate the plans to stewards ahead of the match and there were various disagreements and arguments that took place with threats made by stewards. Many feel this was a contributing factor to the incident that occurred.

During the summer, Spion Kop 1906 were invited to a meeting with the club. They understood this to be a discussion to rectify the stewarding issues at the Crystal Palace match. The supporters were accompanied by a Spirit Of Shankly representative and it became apparent that the meeting was to discuss the incident at the Crystal Palace. Supporters were confronted and asked to name the supporter involved as the matter had now been passed to the police. The club later apologised for how the matter had been handled.

One of the supporters involved in Spion Kop 1906 was regularly contacted by Merseyside Police, asking for information and applying pressure to name the individual, with threats that Spion Kop 1906 would find their names in the local paper and would be linked to a disability hate crime. This was particularly concerning and offensive to the individual who has a relative in a wheel chair.

Even after the individual involved in the Crystal Palace incident had spoken to the police, Spion Kop 1906 were asked to meet with Merseyside Police’s Football Intelligence Officer. They met in the police cells within Anfield stadium and were told that they should be grateful for being allowed to do the flags. They were also told that the police had been asked to speak to the supporters but would not say who by. It is assumed that as this meeting took place on club property, the club were aware of it.

There was the subsequent proposals for supporters with flags and banners to be ‘accredited’ which were later dropped after a meeting with the club.

The supporter involved in the Crystal Palace incident, was banned by Liverpool FC, following two complaints from the other individual involved in the incident. This was ahead of any court hearing. The supporter was banned without any contact from the club and was informed by letter. When he contacted them to discuss this, the club refused to enter into dialogue with him and said they would not take representations from him and that this matter was separate to the court case ongoing at the time. This has caused concern for Spirit Of Shankly and the club have so far failed to respond appropriately to discuss this matter to put in place a fair and transparent process for supporters.

The above incidents have left some supporters angry and with a fear and threat of being unfairly targeted and even banned if they find themselves in a disagreement with a supporter or if the club do not like what they are doing. It is worth remembering that all these supporters produce these flags and banners in their own time and often at their own expense or from contributions from other supporters. They plan and choreograph displays, often arriving in the ground early forsaking activities that may take place pre-match. These images are used by the club, framed with sponsors logos around the Kop, to sell merchandise and a vision of Anfield - a spectacle to come and marvel at, the traditions of Anfield and LFC in full flow. Supporters are now left questioning if LFC value them, or just the image they provide.

Supporters feel these issues need addressing if they are to continue to provide one of the few remaining high points of an Anfield atmosphere. It is with this in mind that they have contacted LFC to ask for a meeting to seek a positive resolution, one that gives them the reassurances they need and deserve so there is no repeat of these incidents moving forward and the club can learn lessons.

Supporters plan to bring back the flags and banners providing LFC respond positively to the request to meet.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/statement-on-flags-and-banners-on-the-kop
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Nov 25, 2015 07:10:19 pm
      Can't wait for this game! Such a good feeling looking forward to games again instead of dreading them.
      Hopefully we go at them like we did City and secure qualification. Before after a good performance we would let ourselves down in the next game, hopefully times really have changed and we can soon be talking about another really good result. Winning and doing so confidently stands you in good stead for the upcoming games and could get us on a good run of results.

Will be a strong line up, it's clear Klopp is taking this seriously and rightly so. Feeling confident of a win and a clean sheet. 3-0 win.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #40: Nov 25, 2015 07:51:17 pm
      I think we'll line up with Benteke and Sturridge up front..
      Think he'll give Sturridge as close a role to what Coutinho has been doing..

No point in holding back now we've discovered our mojo..

We'll batter these , gonna go for another 4-1 and qualification out of the group... 8)

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #41: Nov 25, 2015 08:36:05 pm
      I'm not convinced Benteke or Sturridge should start. Sturridge isn't match fit, Benteke missed a lot against palace and if he netted his chances we would  have got something from that game. Coutinho, Flamino and Ibe front 3 would be best going on form. I know they're not traditional strikers..  but I'm sure there's goals in them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #42: Nov 25, 2015 08:50:42 pm
      I'm not convinced Benteke or Sturridge should start. Sturridge isn't match fit, Benteke missed a lot against palace and if he netted his chances we would  have got something from that game. Coutinho, Flamino and Ibe front 3 would be best going on form. I know they're not traditional strikers..  but I'm sure there's goals in them.

How do you get a player match fit if they are fit enough to sit on the bench?

Flamino? 

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #43: Nov 25, 2015 09:15:37 pm
      Didn't think Coutinho was fit.. a slight hamstring problem Jürgen said..
      Got the impression he would rest him with Swansea in mind.. could be wrong but a wise decision if he does..
      Therefore give Sturridge and Benteke a shout and rest Firmino..
      The month of May is a long way off and we have to play Sturridge sooner rather than later even if its for an hour.
      I'm not suggesting drop Firmino as the fall guy but he has developed a definite understanding with Coutinho...maybe it's Studge and Bens turn?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #44: Nov 25, 2015 09:30:31 pm
      How do you get a player match fit if they are fit enough to sit on the bench?

Flamino?
      sorry it's the predictive text.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #45: Nov 25, 2015 09:33:16 pm
      Didn't think Coutinho was fit.. a slight hamstring problem Jürgen said..
      Got the impression he would rest him with Swansea in mind.. could be wrong but a wise decision if he does..
      Therefore give Sturridge and Benteke a shout and rest Firmino..
      The month of May is a long way off and we have to play Sturridge sooner rather than later even if its for an hour.
      I'm not suggesting drop Firmino as the fall guy but he has developed a definite understanding with Coutinho...maybe it's Studge and Bens turn?
      I guess we do need to rotate players. Aslong as we win! Klopp takes these games serious so I think we'll be fine.

Quick Reply