Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 84622 times
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #46: Feb 17, 2016 01:05:30 pm
      Interesting signing, read reports and he seems a huge talent! Good luck to the lad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Feb 17, 2016 04:41:39 pm
      F**k me, he's huge!

Looks like that kid growing up who should be playing u18's but is 12 years old.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #48: Feb 24, 2016 11:53:28 am
      Marko Grujic reveals his Liverpool role, hints at Lazar Markovic’s future

Jack Lusby on 24.02.2016

Speaking ahead of his summer move to Merseyside, Marko Grujic has explained how Jürgen Klopp sees him as a box-to-box midfielder at Liverpool.

Grujic has spent much of his career at Red Star Belgrade in a deep-lying midfield role, but has since been move forward into the No. 10 position, with manager Miodrag Bozovic utilising his power and long-range shooting ability.

But when the 19-year-old makes his move to Liverpool this summer, he is likely to be moved back into more familiar territory.

Grujic’s £5.1 million switch was set in motion by a phone call from Klopp, with the German detailing his plans for his development at the club.

“He did most of the talking and told me about the plans that he had for me,” the midfielder told Serbian outlet Blic.

“His vision is that I should be something between a No. 6 and a No. 10. What they call a box-to-box midfielder.

“My only request was that I didn’t want to be loaned out, I just want to play for Liverpool.

“He was very open, told me about how he sees my development.

“When a coach like that calls you on the phone personally, that’s the greatest privilege.

“That call really cemented my desire to join Liverpool.

“He is famous as someone who likes to work with young players. He has made Subotic, Lewandowski, Kagawa.”

KINGSTON-UPON-HULL, ENGLAND - Tuesday, April 28, 2015: Liverpool's Lazar Markovic in action against Hull City during the Premier League match at the KC Stadium. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Another young player who could join Grujic in Klopp’s developmental plans is Lazar Markovic, with the Serbia international set to return to Liverpool after a season-long loan with Fenerbahce.

Klopp was reportedly keen on recalling the winger during the January transfer window, but the terms of his deal with the Turkish club made this impossible.

Grujic continued to explain how Markovic played a key role in convincing him to move to Liverpool, suggesting that not all is lost for the 21-year-old.

“I spoke with Lazar Markovic and he told me good things about the club,” he said.

“He told me that Liverpool is a great club, that the pressure and expectations are enormous, and that the first two to three months are the most important.

‘I will have to prove myself during that period and show my qualities.

“I will have to show what I am made of. I am very confident.”

Grujic also told how his “heart almost stopped” on meeting the Liverpool squad at Melwood, with Dejan Lovren influential in helping him settle.

“Dejan Lovren really cheered me up and impressed me. He is good friends with Lazar,” he continued.

“He welcomed me with the words: ‘Is it finally over? We Balkan boys have to stick together!’.”

Now aiming to finish off the season in style with Red Star, and bulk up ahead of a tough first season in the Premier League—”I want to be able to go into a duel with anyone”—Grujic will endear himself to supporters with his closing statement.

“I would choose Liverpool over Real Madrid and Barcelona. I love them!” he said.

“I love the Premier League because of the energy and the atmosphere.”

The stage is set for Grujic to shine in the Premier League, and Klopp may be hoping that Markovic will be operating alongside him.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #49: Feb 24, 2016 01:32:48 pm
      Typical first 'good' interview.

Looking forward to seeing this lad play. I don't want to pin my hopes to him as he's only young but by God are we crying out for a gem of a midfielder. Fingers crossed Marko's the one.
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #50: Feb 28, 2016 04:06:14 pm
      Not so impressive performance from Marko in "eternal derby" Partizan - Red Star. He is much better as a box-to-box midfielder than as AMC. In last 2 matches he plays as AMC because the Red Star bring Damian LeTallec (brother of former Liverpool player Anthony) to play on Marko's position. The manager Miodrag Bozovic thought that he will be more dangerous when he is closer to the goal, but it turned out that his greatest strength is the ability to pass the ball from defense to attack, in which he is very, very good. Definitely his rightful place is in the middle of the pitch.

Red Star won 1:2 . Partizan was in the same group with Augsburg in UEFA cup this season. Clubs are about the same quality (Augsburg - Partizan 1:3, Partizan - Augsburg 1:3). Former Manchester City player Valeri Bojinov plays as a striker for Partizan.

Marko was involved in action which preceded the second goal. You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-maSF0SNS8w

Highlights from the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8RzoS8H65s

RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #51: Mar 05, 2016 10:07:35 pm
      Another bad game from Marko today. He definitely cant play as offensive midfielder. The only thing worth mentioning is really amazing shot from the distance on 2:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWDIwPhmqC0
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #52: Mar 05, 2016 10:36:27 pm
      I don't get why the manager would go from playing him in his natural position to then playing him behind the striker.
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #53: Mar 06, 2016 12:11:15 pm
      I don't get why the manager would go from playing him in his natural position to then playing him behind the striker.

Manager thought that he would be more dangerous there, because of strong shot and good dribbling skills, but he lacks agility for that position IMO. Players of his size rarely have agility to play behind the striker.

He doesn't play bad, to be clear, he just play very bad comparing to his performance as box-to-box midfielder.

RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #54: Mar 08, 2016 09:00:36 pm
      Marko Grujic is injured (light injury).

And I kid you not....Hamstrings   :lmao:

Definitely witchcraft.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #55: Mar 09, 2016 05:26:23 am
      Marko Grujic is injured (light injury).

And I kid you not....Hamstrings   :lmao:

Definitely witchcraft.

Bet Jürgen has a hand in it too.  :roll: :roll:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #56: May 05, 2016 02:20:34 am
      Congratulations!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marko-grujic-prepares-liverpool-fc-11280183?

Marko Grujic is ready to start his Liverpool career this summer after realising his “dream” of winning the title with his boyhood club Red Star Belgrade.

The 20-year-old midfielder was signed by Jürgen Klopp in a £5.1million deal back in January but insisted on remaining in his homeland on loan until the end of the campaign in order to help them clinch silverware.

Grujic achieved that target on Tuesday when Predrag Sikimic's goal secured a 1-0 win over Vozdovac and gave Red Star an unassailable nine-point lead over closest rivals Cukaricki Belgrade in the Serbian Super League.

Marco Grujic celebrates title win on Facebook

It's a record 27th league title for Red Star and Grujic will cherish the achievement forever.

The youngster posted on his Facebook page: “Champions!!!!!!! One of my dreams has come true.

“A title with the greatest club in the world. I love these people. Thank you!”

It was Red Star's third title since Serbia became an independent nation in 2006. They won 19 in the former Yugoslavia and five in its successor, the state union of Serbia and Montenegro.

Red Star currently have to play their home games behind closed doors after being hit with a three-game crowd ban following fan violence in last month's derby with bitter city rivals Partizan.

Grujic, who became the first signing of Klopp's Anfield reign, will link up with the Liverpool squad for the start of pre-season training in early July
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #57: May 05, 2016 08:36:53 am
      Excellent!  Another League winner joins the ranks.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #58: May 05, 2016 03:20:50 pm
      Well done Marko, maybe the EPL next season?
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #59: May 07, 2016 06:02:42 pm
      Good game after long time for Marko today. First game on his natural position (MC) after few months (he was injured for a month and played as AMC few games in the meantime).

Scored very, very beautiful goal today. You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnDfqxXD-RE
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: May 07, 2016 06:11:28 pm
      Good game after long time for Marko today. First game on his natural position (MC) after few months (he was injured for a month and played as AMC few games in the meantime).

Scored very, very beautiful goal today. You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnDfqxXD-RE

Is it normal for him to be captain or did something happen to the original captain?
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #61: May 07, 2016 06:37:59 pm
      Is it normal for him to be captain or did something happen to the original captain?

Red Star already won the league, so the team today wasn't complete. Unimportant game for Red Star, but important for the opponent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: May 07, 2016 06:52:12 pm
      Red Star already won the league, so the team today wasn't complete. Unimportant game for Red Star, but important for the opponent.

Aaahh ok :) Thanks for that mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #63: May 09, 2016 05:29:45 pm
      Looks to have bulked up a bit, can you imagine Can and Grujic in midfield next season, two monsters!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: May 09, 2016 05:59:37 pm
      Looks to have bulked up a bit, can you imagine Can and Grujic in midfield next season, two monsters!

Suddenly become a man in a mans body mate, happens regularly to 20 somethings  ;)
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #65: May 09, 2016 07:59:47 pm
      I expect big things from grujic, serbia/croatia producing some top class players lately.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #66: May 10, 2016 11:05:29 am
      I hope he can deal with the pressure of delivering consistently for a bigger club, bigger team, hungry crowds and not require a full season to adjust.

#Plug&Play
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: May 10, 2016 11:15:19 am
      I hope he can deal with the pressure of delivering consistently for a bigger club, bigger team, hungry crowds and not require a full season to adjust.

#Plug&Play

He should be fine mate. 

Red Star are one of the biggest Clubs in Serbia with nearly 50% of the population as fans.  The expectations at the Club are huge having won 24 Titles and 24 Domestic Trophies, more than any other team across Serbia and the old Yugoslavia.

He's also a local lad, so understands those expectations well.  If anything it'll be the intensity, power and speed of the League that'll take time to adjust to.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #68: May 10, 2016 11:24:08 am

#Plug&Play

Why is it a bad thing if he takes a full season to adjust? He's a young kid who is not used to the speed of the Premier League so I think we should all lower our expectations of him for a season or so for him to develop. You see plenty of experienced professionals who have been around the block 10 times come to this league and struggle. Fans need to start being patient again.

Quick Reply