Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)

Read 74633 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #92: Apr 22, 2016 10:00:49 pm
      I think we'll all be in for a rude awakening come August when we discover Klopp hasn't gone for big name signings , at Dortmund he turned these players into household names . Just like Liverpool of old did . He can turn a bad player into a decent player and a decent player into a world class player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #93: Apr 22, 2016 11:16:26 pm
      and why don't you tell us how he has taken the premier league by storm with his goals

Firmino has been one of our best players since Klopp's arrival.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #94: Apr 23, 2016 01:16:20 am
      I'd rather Reus, but Goetz will do :)
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #95: Apr 23, 2016 01:42:52 am
      I think we'll all be in for a rude awakening come August when we discover Klopp hasn't gone for big name signings , at Dortmund he turned these players into household names . Just like Liverpool of old did . He can turn a bad player into a decent player and a decent player into a world class player.

I think you'll be in for a shock if you don't think he'll spend money. He's already shown he's not afraid to by chasing Teixeira, now it's clear he's also interested in expensive players like Mo Dahoud and Mario Gotze.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #96: Apr 23, 2016 02:54:13 pm

I'm pretty cool with that. What he and his men have already done with players some of us thought nothing of or knew very little about their potential at this club has been outstanding. 
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #97: Apr 23, 2016 07:09:23 pm
      I think you'll be in for a shock if you don't think he'll spend money. He's already shown he's not afraid to by chasing Teixeira, now it's clear he's also interested in expensive players like Mo Dahoud and Mario Gotze.
      Well obviously he's going to spend money , if you took the time to read my post you'll see exactly what i posted .

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #98: Apr 23, 2016 09:32:36 pm
      Well obviously he's going to spend money , if you took the time to read my post you'll see exactly what i posted .

Gotze is a massive name and Dahoud isn't exactly an unknown player either.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #99: Apr 23, 2016 09:47:02 pm
      Gotze is a massive name and Dahoud isn't exactly an unknown player either.
      Don't get sucked in by the big names is all i'm saying, I can guarantee you Klopp won't be . If like you say Klopp is interested in Gotze  it's because he's worked with him , it won't be because he's Mario Gotze who plays for Bayern . Any way who we want and who we get are two different things . 

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #100: Apr 26, 2016 03:15:21 pm

Only players I want are the ones that'll fit into his system and on board with his philosophy, whether big name or not. There's always someone better or just as good as the next big name imo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #101: Apr 26, 2016 08:24:49 pm
      at Dortmund he turned these players into household names .

Mkhitaryan...
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #102: Apr 26, 2016 10:21:42 pm
      fairy snuff mate, but Klopp didn't buy too many players with a big price tag .

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #103: Apr 27, 2016 03:40:46 am

you reckon he was a household name? sure he cost a lot but that's typical shaktar. mkhitaryan (and aubameyang the same window) was the first time they could splash serious money and it was only because they had to sell gotze. it was still a clever buy for a clever group of people that were managing that club at the time. sometimes when you lose someone as big as gotze you have to compensate, we as liverpool supporters knows what happens when you don't..!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #104: Apr 27, 2016 08:32:19 am

Rodgers wanted him if I'm not wrong. Shame we did not get him, not a spectacular but very effective player(assists, goals, pace).
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #105: Apr 28, 2016 07:38:53 pm
      A lot of the German press reckon he's going to head back to Dortmund.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #106: Apr 28, 2016 07:44:34 pm
      A lot of the German press reckon he's going to head back to Dortmund.
      Their supporters don't want him , they've made that clear of late .

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #107: Apr 29, 2016 12:44:42 am
      Their supporters don't want him , they've made that clear of late .

It's a tough spot because to them he is a traitor...much easier sailing in Ingerland with Jürgen.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #108: Apr 30, 2016 02:15:10 pm
      It's a tough spot because to them he is a traitor...
      Much like Owen with us... so maybe their owners won't give a F**k and sign him anyway. Fickle fans are easily swayed; Dortmund or Liverpool - we're all the same.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #109: Apr 30, 2016 08:28:29 pm
      Much like Owen with us... so maybe their owners won't give a F**k and sign him anyway. Fickle fans are easily swayed; Dortmund or Liverpool - we're all the same.

We are!! Remind us how that went when our own board foisted the hodge on us?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #110: May 01, 2016 12:38:27 am
      We are!! Remind us how that went when our own board foisted the hodge on us?

That's not even close to being the same.

If Torres had rejoined us from Chelsea and scored 20 goals on the way to us winning the league, do you think any of us would have held a grudge over him?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #111: May 01, 2016 02:02:27 am
      That's not even close to being the same.

If Torres had rejoined us from Chelsea and scored 20 goals on the way to us winning the league, do you think any of us would have held a grudge over him?

You sure, apart from the nobheads that wanted Rafa gone, don't remember too many who wanted that tw*t as manager and those that did very much regretted it.

Neither was mentioning Torres resigning as it would never have happened.

The perfect example would be Paul Ince, cheered on by everyone when he signed until he sh*t out at Old Trafford.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #112: May 02, 2016 07:37:59 pm
      It looks like he is returning to Dortmund according to Honigstein. That's a blow.

We probably did need someone with more pace, but I don't think we'll sign anyone as good as him this summer especially for that price.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #113: May 02, 2016 11:35:16 pm
      It looks like he is returning to Dortmund according to Honigstein. That's a blow.

We probably did need someone with more pace, but I don't think we'll sign anyone as good as him this summer especially for that price.

That guy has said all sorts of stuff regarding Gotze in the past couple of months. I wouldn't believe anything until he's signed a contract for somebody.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #114: May 02, 2016 11:40:27 pm
      That guy has said all sorts of stuff regarding Gotze in the past couple of months. I wouldn't believe anything until he's signed a contract for somebody.

He's just the German version of Guillem Balague!!

Quick Reply