Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)

Read 74619 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #414: May 27, 2016 04:16:35 pm
      Might not happen for us but Gotze won't be at Bayern next season.

A lot depends on what happens between now and the end of the Euros. Like I said before, I can only believe his rationale in this is that after the Euros, other clubs will be in for him. If they're not, given what Bayern have said, given that there is a sizeable number of Dortmund fans who think he's a tw*t, he may end up here. I have the feeling there is life left in this saga yet.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #415: May 27, 2016 04:51:15 pm
      I can only believe his rationale in this is that after the Euros, other clubs will be in for him

It will be interesting, though personally I think we will have moved on by that time.

There is always a situation. I come from a club where the best players are always picked by other teams and in the end you have to accept a few things. You always need to have a Plan B or a Plan C.

These are problems you don't need during a season. A player is never good enough for you to have to cope with problems like that for an entire year.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/13822/news/2016/03/20/21514752/klopp-only-wants-committed-players-at-liverpool

"I always tell players if when you are 35 or 36 and look back on your career and you think about the one year you didn't play Champions League then you are really a poor boy.

"There are so many things you can do and reach if you go together with the team. You can qualify for the Champions League, play Champions League, maybe win it or whatever. It is a much more satisfying thing than all the rest. That is what I would say.

"It is pushing the train, not jumping on the running train. That is what we need here. If somebody says 'you don't play Champions League next year' then goodbye and thank you, have fun next year wherever you will be.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-transfer-news-Jürgen-klopp-not-looking-sign-players-who-only-want-champions-league-1552954

RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #416: May 27, 2016 06:56:31 pm
      You know what? I feel gutted by him not committing to us, because I really think he is the exact calibre of quality wer need and crave at our great club.

However, if he cannot commit to such a storied institution, then F**k him! We have Klopp, his mentor of sorts, a club on the rise and rebuilding...........(mark my words, we are eventually going to become a bastion again), then he can take a running jump.

He is growing mould at Bayern, where he is just another good player. I cannot ever see him become an ever-present. It just smells that way.

This is a chance for him to rebuild his brand and become the class act that he should be known as, yet has not sustained it for long enough.

He will be kicking himself, long-term if he passes up this chance for a modern-day Renaissance with us and be adored and appreciated by the Anfield faithful. I will be disappointed cos I'd love him to don our shirt, however I'm hoping Dahoud is a chance and he looks the part, given time.

Coming or not, Mario?........................ ........................ ................next!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #417: May 27, 2016 07:16:36 pm
      there is a sizeable number of Dortmund fans who think he's a tw*t

And a growing number of LFC ones...me included ;D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #418: May 27, 2016 11:04:13 pm
      And a growing number of LFC ones...me included ;D

I think he's being badly advised by his father, personally.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #419: May 27, 2016 11:31:16 pm
      I think he's being badly advised by his father, personally.

Well you can't say badly at this point. It's about the bigger picture in their eyes I imagine. If he waits a few more months then he'll be able to sign a pre-contract deal with whatever club he wants really and he'll be able to demand bigger wages as that club wouldn't have had to pay a transfer fee for him. He may even be able to move there in the January for a small fee.

There is also the case that there is a European Championship coming up and any appearances may help boost interest in him considering not many clubs seem to want him at the moment.

It's not bad advice, it just came at a stupid time after he'd already agreed details etc. with us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #420: May 27, 2016 11:46:14 pm
      Probably end up at the Scum knowing our luck.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #421: May 28, 2016 12:32:30 am
      Probably end up at the Scum knowing our luck.

Was thinking the same thing mate
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #422: May 28, 2016 06:25:14 pm
      i hope he comes as he is a top quality player and sends out a message to the rest of the prem and our current crop that were a big deal and we can attract the top players.

the top players we have will want to play with other top players, not with the likes of Mane coming in to add more average faces to the team.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #423: May 28, 2016 11:15:24 pm
      Not fussed to be honest
      Clearly shows that we need players 100% committed to the cause and not those swayed by money and europe
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #424: May 29, 2016 10:13:26 am
      Not fussed to be honest
      Clearly shows that we need players 100% committed to the cause and not those swayed by money and europe

It's all about money now. There are few players who will want to come at LFC for less money or prestige, we should stop being naive. If Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino got better offers at ManUtd or ManCity when we had bid for them, they would play there now.

We are no more considered as a great European club, we are prestigious but we're not a successful club anymore. What we need is luck and money.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #425: May 29, 2016 12:15:04 pm
      Not fussed to be honest

That's easy to say but hard to achieve. The thing is that there are players out there who are 100% committed to the club, and give everything everytime but even those players take money into consideration when signing for a club.

We are Liverpool fans, and we would have just jumped on the chance to play for the club.
      There are some players who need convincing, we can't be arrogant and say oh you need time to think or the money isn't enough. Piss off.

We will lose with a attitude like that, talented players are always in demand and the club need to convince them to trust our on going project. Not meaning throw the money at them but maybe look at every Transfer target as its own case and try to think outside the box.

Not following the same guide lines for different targets and not giving up on targets easy is the way to go imo.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #426: May 29, 2016 03:54:38 pm
      Gotze starting vs Slovakia on BT sports 2 at 16:45 BST if anyone is interested!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #427: May 29, 2016 04:01:20 pm
      Gotze starting vs Slovakia on BT sports 2 at 16:45 BST if anyone is interested!

Good shout, might give that a watch after the Barnsley - Millwall playoff is finished.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #428: May 29, 2016 05:34:24 pm
      Looks a bit slugging tbh. Not impressed atm. However, I do like Sane!!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #429: May 29, 2016 10:16:04 pm
      Clearly.  :-\

I'm 100% committed Lester and would happily play for a grand a week. I doubt very much tho' that, (with a team full of Bubbies),  we would win much but you would (at least) have your wish.  :laugh:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #430: May 31, 2016 04:35:04 am
      It's all about money now. There are few players who will want to come at LFC for less money or prestige, we should stop being naive. If Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino got better offers at ManUtd or ManCity when we had bid for them, they would play there now.

We are no more considered as a great European club, we are prestigious but we're not a successful club anymore. What we need is luck and money.

for YOU it's all about money. you are a fan that has grown up on sky sports, you have been conditioned for 15 years to believe the world is a certain way but in reality the world is what you make of it which is why Liverpool FC is such a successful club, by constantly defying the odds and people like you who have had their expectations lowered - almost entirely through print media too, merely reading things and being scared of them, quite impressive on their behalf... this drives down our club culture, our club mentality, believing nonsense like "we are prestigious but not successful" what the hell does that mean? do you even know what you mean by that or are you just typing something to lower everyones expectations as yours have been? go and follow Everton if you just want to moan and whine about what we can't change because of some fantasy rules you live by. have you EVER mused on the idea that a football game isn't won in the transfer window but on the park?

just a ridiculous statement about those four players. living in this paranoid fantasy world where you try to justify what you're saying in regards to us being unsuccessful by pretending that if these clubs you're scared of because you read too many sh*t newspapers were in for our talent when we bought them then they would have got them just like *that*. how do you know they weren't in for them? because you didn't read it in a newspaper? how do you know Dan Sturridge, who was looking for a place to play that January, would have chosen manchester united? why would he have gone back to manchester city? they had Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez that year - what makes you think he would have gone there considering 1) he left chelsea to play football 2) he first left city to play football! how do you know Coutinho wasn't scouted hard by the mancs? how do you know how close anyone else came to buying him? how do you know what the player decided? it's dangerous living in a world of paranoia and generalisations. how do you expect to be a regular football fan that thinks about his team and where it's heading when you fill your mind with nonsense about how all players universally think and how money rules every single human mind in world football. i feel sorry for you man. you need to stop reading news media for a while, you've forgot entirely what a Liverpool supporter is..!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #431: May 31, 2016 10:23:05 am
      I'm not actually bothered about Gotze as much as other people.

Coutinho for me is the better player out the two.  Coutinho blows hot and cold but I see a lot of frustration in him which makes him shoot from range or dribble too much. We have very few players on Coutinhos wave length. Gotze has just been in far better teams teams than Coutinho meaning hit's easier to be consistent.  Sign a couple of top players and watch Coutinho flourish. A bit like in the title chasing season when he had Suarez and Steven alongside him, and to some extent Raheem too.

Overall I've been impressed with Firmino too. Wouldn't say he has shook the kop yet but he has got on the score sheet plenty of times and I've seen enough of him to say confidently that there is a player in him. I expect him to really push on next season and become a proper player for us.

So having Gotze would of course strengthen our squad, I'd welcome him with open arms, but should we miss out then it's not something to sulk about in my opinion.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #432: Jun 01, 2016 12:18:19 pm
      I'm not actually bothered about Gotze as much as other people.

Coutinho for me is the better player out the two.  Coutinho blows hot and cold but I see a lot of frustration in him which makes him shoot from range or dribble too much. We have very few players on Coutinhos wave length. Gotze has just been in far better teams teams than Coutinho meaning hit's easier to be consistent.  Sign a couple of top players and watch Coutinho flourish. A bit like in the title chasing season when he had Suarez and Steven alongside him, and to some extent Raheem too.

Overall I've been impressed with Firmino too. Wouldn't say he has shook the kop yet but he has got on the score sheet plenty of times and I've seen enough of him to say confidently that there is a player in him. I expect him to really push on next season and become a proper player for us.

So having Gotze would of course strengthen our squad, I'd welcome him with open arms, but should we miss out then it's not something to sulk about in my opinion.

I don't think missing out on Gotze has ever been the source of unhappiness with people, but rather the alternative. We've seen it time and again since this committee was put in place. Fail to buy at Harrods so go shopping at Poundland and its failed each and every time. Its like being stuck in groundhog day, keep repeating the same failed process in the hopes that this time it works. We're supposed to have professional scouts and the best they can come up with is a world cup winner or a player from Southampton. Any one of us can do that with Football manager; in fact we'd probably do it better.

Anyway, I still think there is life left in this story post-Euros. We're too close to the tournament for anyone involved to worry about their club futures so I doubt we'll see much movement this side of the competition.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #433: Jun 01, 2016 12:22:36 pm
      I don't think missing out on Gotze has ever been the source of unhappiness with people, but rather the alternative. We've seen it time and again since this committee was put in place. Fail to buy at Harrods so go shopping at Poundland and its failed each and every time. Its like being stuck in groundhog day, keep repeating the same failed process in the hopes that this time it works. We're supposed to have professional scouts and the best they can come up with is a world cup winner or a player from Southampton. Any one of us can do that with Football manager; in fact we'd probably do it better.

Anyway, I still think there is life left in this story post-Euros. We're too close to the tournament for anyone involved to worry about their club futures so I doubt we'll see much movement this side of the competition.

The best they can come up with is a World Cup winner? How dare they  :o
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #434: Jun 01, 2016 06:18:38 pm
      If he wanted to come, this would be a done deal. He doesn't.

There are more worthy fish out there.

If he does come, with this apparent reluctancy to sign, will he give his all? I doubt it.

Spend the money on someone else.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #435: Jun 01, 2016 09:01:56 pm
      Its clear he does not want a Liverpool move...sportBild is now claiming that if he leaves Bayern he wants a move to real madrid, barcellona or arsenal
      So, move on, I am sure Klopp does not want a player ,who is not happy to play for him
      YNWA
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #436: Jun 01, 2016 09:07:41 pm
      Its clear he does not want a Liverpool move...sportBild is now claiming that if he leaves Bayern he wants a move to real madrid, barcellona or arsenal
      So, move on, I am sure Klopp does not want a player ,who is not happy to play for him
      YNWA

Does he really thinks he could get more playing time at Barca or Real than in Bayern? :)

Quick Reply