Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Pre match: Liverpool Vs West Ham Utd. FA Cup 4th Rd. Sat 30 Jan 2016

Read 12863 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool Vs West Ham Utd. FA Cup 4th Rd. Sat 30 Jan 2016 (Edited)
      Reply #46: Jan 28, 2016 10:46:34 am
      Unfair not to play young lads. We wouldnt have a game this Saturday or we wouldnt have been able to field fit 11 first teamers at Norwich and yesterday. They helped Klopp a great deal vs Exeter.

Thats not me saying play all the kids. But some of them deserve another start, and we deffo need to refresh the side as we look exhausted with such a heavy schedule or Jürgen risks more injuries.

Ward - Milner, Caulker, Lovren, Smith - Stewart, Brannagan, Allen - Ibe, Benteke, Teixeira

Subs: Mignolet, Flano, Kolo, Lucas*, Can, Lallana, Ojo, Sinclair

edit: *Ilori. Leiva needs a well deserved rest. But you always tend to have him around, he is a glue.

Are you for real?

This is West Ham we are playing a team that has beaten us very easily in the last 2 games.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool Vs West Ham Utd. FA Cup 4th Rd. Sat 30 Jan 2016 (Edited)
      Reply #47: Jan 28, 2016 11:00:37 am
      Only midfield looks a bit youngish and lightweight as you see. Allen is the freshest of our first-team players, Stewart has tennacity and a solid quick pass and Branno is the captain of the Academy.

My defence is strong and experienced enough (I put Milner in as Flano needs to be managed), Smith is a no brainer and that leaves just Tex who has been in around first team.

Or you want to play Sakho, Kolo, Lucas, Hendo, Can, Firmino etc. really? Then you badly underestimate the load these players have had to manage and I reckon you was the first to point why we´re always the second best to win a ball against Stoke. Madness or you must be a very fit fella, having a daily jog but never play a game on a weekly basis.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Jan 28, 2016 12:11:02 pm
      One thing is for sure we need more attacking threat if we are to have any hope of winning this because one thing is for certain they will score, therefore we need to somehow score more.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #49: Jan 28, 2016 12:14:20 pm
      I'd like to see the following

Ward

Flanagan Lovren Caulker Smith

Lucas

Allen Teixeira

Ibe   Benteke   Ojo
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #50: Jan 28, 2016 12:16:49 pm

Ward

Lucas

Allen Teixeira

Ibe   Benteke   Ojo

Agree with that team mate other than perhaps Flanno.

105 mins after 20 months might have taken it's toll, if Clyne is available I'd probably put him in instead.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #51: Jan 28, 2016 12:17:37 pm
      Agree with that team mate other than perhaps Flanno.

105 mins after 20 months might have taken it's toll, if Clyne is available I'd probably put him in instead.

Fair point on Flanno Luke and I suppose Clyne got a rest midweek.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #52: Jan 28, 2016 12:19:53 pm

Ward

Lucas

Allen Teixeira

Ibe   Benteke   Ojo

Which Teixeira? ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #53: Jan 28, 2016 12:22:04 pm

I'll play safe and say the one we already own. ;D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #54: Jan 28, 2016 12:26:37 pm

Ward

Lucas

Allen Teixeira

Ibe   Benteke   Ojo

I'd be pretty happy with that line-up mate, Clyne in for Flanno if he is fit but apart from that it looks pretty good to me.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #55: Jan 28, 2016 12:27:03 pm

Ward

Lucas

Allen Teixeira

Ibe   Benteke   Ojo

Rafa, is that you?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #56: Jan 28, 2016 12:51:49 pm
      Just had as squizz on a WH forum.

They are supremely confident to say the least. A few oldens on there reckon they are playing the worst LFC they've ever seen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #57: Jan 28, 2016 01:06:33 pm

You've lost me Beer?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #58: Jan 28, 2016 01:12:02 pm
      Not overly bothered which team is put out, with our depleted squad having playing as much as they have something has to give eventually.

League Cup Final, Europa league and finishing as high up the league is a higher priority for me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #59: Jan 28, 2016 01:17:47 pm
      Don't think we are in any position to be knocking any cup opportunity on its head. Its going to be a mix of youth, fringe and experience. I'd like to see Smith, Caulker Allen, Henderson, Ibe and Benteke starting because of fitness with the gaps being filled in from there. Ojo on the bench.

Migs in goals for me
      Aspi
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #60: Jan 28, 2016 01:30:41 pm
      Given the fact that the game on Tues went to ET and we have the trip to Leicester on Tuesday next week, suspect there will be changes for this one.

Personally, I'd mix it up a bit and go for (assuming Clyne and Lovren are back):

Ward, Clyne Caulker Lovren Smith,   Allen Hendo Tex,  Ibe Lallana Benteke

Subs:  Migs Sakho Moreno Lucas Brannagan Ojo Firmino   

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #61: Jan 28, 2016 01:57:56 pm
      Would like us to play strong team, but Klopp will probably stick with many of the guys who played last round. Can look at it one way and be disappointed that maybe he won't play the strongest team ... on the other hand, can respect Klopp for sticking by most of the lads who got through the last round - albeit against Exeter, this will be much tougher.   Lot of matches coming, and though I'd like to do well in the FA Cup, think not much choice but to freshen the starting XI up.

Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Caulker Smith
                Allen Can
           Ibe Texiera Lallana
                Benteke

Regards Migs, would start him if Klopp thinks Ward not up to it (Bogdan was a disaster)
      Clyne sat out last match, expect him to come back. Lovren also on bench in last match, give him a run. Caulker too
      Give Hendo a break, and Milner
      Bring in Ibe and Tex - though have doubts he'll start Tex, might stick in Brannigan instead
      Ben up front, but Ojo on bench to come on if needed.

We're due to give WH some payback, whether it'll be on Sat not so sure, but really hope we do.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #62: Jan 28, 2016 02:01:44 pm
      Want this win on me Birthday, Big 3 0   :couch:
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #63: Jan 28, 2016 04:13:40 pm
      Unfair not to play young lads. We wouldnt have a game this Saturday or we wouldnt have been able to field fit 11 first teamers at Norwich and yesterday. They helped Klopp a great deal vs Exeter.

Thats not me saying play all the kids. But some of them deserve another start, and we deffo need to refresh the side as we look exhausted with such a heavy schedule or Jürgen risks more injuries.

Ward - Milner, Caulker, Lovren, Smith - Stewart, Brannagan, Allen - Ibe, Benteke, Teixeira

Subs: Mignolet, Flano, Kolo, Lucas*, Can, Lallana, Ojo, Sinclair

edit: *Ilori. Leiva needs a well deserved rest. But you always tend to have him around, he is a glue.

West Ham have twatted us the past two times they've played us. I'd also rather give the FA Cup a good go and finish 7th, than finish 6th without giving it a crack.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jan 28, 2016 06:47:36 pm
      I think Can needs resting against west ham. He looked fatigued against Stoke. I wouldn't even  have him on the bench.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #65: Jan 28, 2016 07:00:18 pm
      Liverpool FC v West Ham: Klopp set to ring the changes for Anfield FA Cup clash
      Jürgen Klopp is set to make significant changes to his Liverpool side for Saturday’s FA Cup fourth round tie with West Ham at Anfield.

It will be the Reds’ fifth game in the space of just 13 days and comes in the wake of the gruelling League Cup semi-final second leg with Stoke City.

A number of stars will be rested with one eye on Tuesday night’s trip to Premier League leaders Leicester City.

It won’t be as youthful as the team which beat Exeter City in the third round but Klopp is expected to turn to those on the fringes of his first-team squad.

Steven Caulker is in contention to make his full debut for Liverpool. The centre-back has so far made three substitute appearances following his loan move from Queens Park Rangers.

Dejan Lovren is set to make his comeback from injury but Daniel Sturridge’s absence is set to continue.

Sturridge, who has missed the past 13 matches since suffering a hamstring strain at Newcastle on December 8, is still struggling to convince Klopp that he’s ready for a return.

Penalty shootout hero Joe Allen is expected to be rewarded with a start along with the likes of Christian Benteke, Jordon Ibe and Brad Smith. Joao Carlos Teixeira and Cameron Brannagan will also come under consideration.

Jon Flanagan came through unscathed after his first start for 20 months against Stoke and Klopp must decide whether to retain his services at right-back.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-v-west-ham-10805286
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #66: Jan 28, 2016 07:03:04 pm
      It's on BT sport 2 if yer wondering .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #67: Jan 28, 2016 07:39:55 pm
      Liverpool FC v West Ham: Klopp set to ring the changes for Anfield FA Cup clash
      Jürgen Klopp is set to make significant changes to his Liverpool side for Saturday’s FA Cup fourth round tie with West Ham at Anfield.

It will be the Reds’ fifth game in the space of just 13 days and comes in the wake of the gruelling League Cup semi-final second leg with Stoke City.

A number of stars will be rested with one eye on Tuesday night’s trip to Premier League leaders Leicester City.

It won’t be as youthful as the team which beat Exeter City in the third round but Klopp is expected to turn to those on the fringes of his first-team squad.

Steven Caulker is in contention to make his full debut for Liverpool. The centre-back has so far made three substitute appearances following his loan move from Queens Park Rangers.

Dejan Lovren is set to make his comeback from injury but Daniel Sturridge’s absence is set to continue.

Sturridge, who has missed the past 13 matches since suffering a hamstring strain at Newcastle on December 8, is still struggling to convince Klopp that he’s ready for a return.

Penalty shootout hero Joe Allen is expected to be rewarded with a start along with the likes of Christian Benteke, Jordon Ibe and Brad Smith. Joao Carlos Teixeira and Cameron Brannagan will also come under consideration.

Jon Flanagan came through unscathed after his first start for 20 months against Stoke and Klopp must decide whether to retain his services at right-back.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-v-west-ham-10805286
      I think it is the best thing. It was a long night against stoke. I think we might rest all the players that started with against Stoke.. but who would we have at right back?

Benteke

Ibe     Teixeira  Ojo

Hendo  Allen   

Smith Lovren Caulker ? ? ? ?

Ward
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #68: Jan 28, 2016 08:43:14 pm
      I think it is the best thing. It was a long night against stoke. I think we might rest all the players that started with against Stoke.. but who would we have at right back?

Benteke

Ibe     Teixeira  Ojo

Hendo  Allen   

Smith Lovren Caulker ? ? ? ?

Ward

Be very very surprised to not see mig at goalie for the remainder of the year unless he gets injured.

Quick Reply