Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Double Milestones for the Skipper

Read 2552 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Double Milestones for the Skipper
      Jan 26, 2016 11:19:47 pm
      After his appearance tonight, Jordan Henderson reached 199 games for the club. His next, likely to be the FA Cup tie against West Ham, will make him the 106th person to reach 200 games for Liverpool. A bit like Lucas, after his first couple of years, he had plenty of people wanting him gone.

But he knuckled down, worked his bollocks off and is now captain of our club. He's still got his critics, of course, but he wouldn't be a Liverpool player without them would he?

And it doesn't stop there for the former Sunderland man because his next Premier League game will be his 150th Premiership appearance for us. He'll become only the 21st player to achieve that feat with the club and take him level with the legendary Emile Heskey on 150.

Well done Jordy lad, enjoy it because you deserve it.
      +11
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Double Milestones for the Skipper
      Reply #1: Jan 27, 2016 12:09:54 am
      When you said double milestone i thought you meant he hit two passes to a teammate in one game :f_tongueincheek:

Well in skipper! Whoever he plays his milestone game against it'll be an important occasion. Could be against the Hammers and fire us through in the FA Cup or (more likely imo) against Leicester and knocking the fuckers off the top of the league and pushing us closer to top four.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Jan 27, 2016 12:11:26 am
      200 games for Liverpool.

Two hundred.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3: Jan 27, 2016 12:24:45 am
      200 games for Liverpool.

Two hundred.
      With a bit of luck he won't get 200 more .

harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #4: Jan 27, 2016 03:55:54 am

A little harsh eh?  Can't we just celebrate his achievement?  We could honestly do with upgrading on just about every player on our books, but until that happens can we just support the ones we've got ???
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Jan 27, 2016 10:31:34 am
      He seemed a bit of the pace last night not himself at all.I can't help thinking this injury is hampering him more than he is letting on.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #6: Jan 27, 2016 10:42:59 am
      He's suited to do the donkey work for a top midfielder alongside him. Brendans title challenge he sat next to Stevie and went about unnoticed but did his job very well. He was the legs of the midfield and it basically gave Stevie a free pass to play how he wanted. It worked well because we had somebody alongside Hendo who could pass, shoot, score, tackle etc and any mistakes then Hendo would mop up.

When the expectation/pressure is on him to be the top midfielder though then he falls short in my opinion. Doesn't have enough in his locker to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and go and win it for us. Doesn't score enough, doesn't tackle enough, his passing isn't bad but it's not great either - he doesn't get many assists. His biggest asset is his engine but he needs better quality next to him.  Let the better player play and cover him.

As our captain he has been too inconsistent too , one week plays well then the next he isn't involved at all.  He should be giving 7-8/10 performances weekly and he doesn't. Its usually 6-7 and rarely 8-9.

Decent enough player Hendo and I'd have him in my side but he wouldn't be captain and I think it's crucial we bring in somebody with a lot more about them to play in the middle of the park for us rather than having Jordan as our leader from midfield.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Jan 27, 2016 12:31:42 pm
      A little harsh eh?  Can't we just celebrate his achievement?  We could honestly do with upgrading on just about every player on our books, but until that happens can we just support the ones we've got ???

this.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Jan 28, 2016 06:17:19 am

Stop being a Kunt and support like you are supposedly here for, every player goes through lean spells!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2016 06:20:38 am
      He seemed a bit of the pace last night not himself at all.I can't help thinking this injury is hampering him more than he is letting on.

Could well be Walton, something is definitely amiss, just hope he can recover quickly.

YNWA
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10: Jan 28, 2016 06:31:08 am
      Henderson seem to be in the type of player we don't miss until he's injured, then we realize how much we need him.
      Just like most of the team, we could upgrade on him, but he has shown on occasions how important he can be.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Jan 28, 2016 08:12:52 am
      Well in skip!

There is absolutely no coincidence that results have been getting better as Jordan has been coming back unit the team and back to fitness.

Seems a grounded lad who's always willing to put the work in to improve. There is no rule in football that your captain has to be your best or flashiest player.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #12: Jan 28, 2016 12:54:12 pm
      Stop being a Kunt and support like you are supposedly here for, every player goes through lean spells!

YNWA
      He's not a great player mate , apart from a few flashes of brilliance that's about it . I'm here to support but i won't follow like a sheep and tow the party line . And he most certainly isn't a leader as some would portray him as .

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Jan 28, 2016 02:08:53 pm
      Well in Hendo!
      Doesn't get the credit he deserves imo. Not sure what our record is with him in/out, but reckon it's better with him in. Playing through long term injury that must be at him regularly, don't think we're seeing the best of him right now, but even still, he contributes more than most much of the time. Has a goal in him. And is not captain for nothing (though will be interested if Klopp sticks with him as captain or goes for someone else next season). He's not SG, probably doesn't have that stature, but hopefully he'll continue to improve and expect him to have another 200 (unless injury gets on top).
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #14: Jan 28, 2016 03:01:13 pm
      Congrats to Hendo! Here's a player who gives his everything, every game, and now playing through the pain barrier to be out there and represent this club. And yet, receives stick constantly from "supporters" who are desperate for him to be the next Stevie. Well , he's not. And honestly, he's not trying to be. He has skills in his locker that are different than Stevie, but that shouldn't mean we should rip him apart when he has a down game or two. While on the treadmill or bike, I often put on a YouTube mix of our 2013-2014 highlights, and am amazed how quick people are to forget that he was involved in so many goals that season. Maybe perhaps not the assist, but the pass to set up the assist or the build up. At his best, he's everywhere and can pick a pass. Let's honor is milestone, which I'm sure means the world to him as you can see how much this club (and being skipper of it) means to him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15: Jan 28, 2016 03:11:54 pm
      Well done Jordan, he isn't a top player but our team suffers when he is not in the team.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #16: Jan 28, 2016 04:06:54 pm
      Here's a little stat for Jordy's Premier League record with us;

In the previous four years, he'd missed just 15 Premier League games. One in both 11/12 and 14/15, three in 13/14 and the other eight in 12/13.

This season alone, he's missed 13 already.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #17: Jan 29, 2016 11:34:42 pm
      He's suited to do the donkey work for a top midfielder alongside him. Brendans title challenge he sat next to Stevie and went about unnoticed but did his job very well. He was the legs of the midfield and it basically gave Stevie a free pass to play how he wanted. It worked well because we had somebody alongside Hendo who could pass, shoot, score, tackle etc and any mistakes then Hendo would mop up.

When the expectation/pressure is on him to be the top midfielder though then he falls short in my opinion. Doesn't have enough in his locker to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and go and win it for us. Doesn't score enough, doesn't tackle enough, his passing isn't bad but it's not great either - he doesn't get many assists. His biggest asset is his engine but he needs better quality next to him.  Let the better player play and cover him.

As our captain he has been too inconsistent too , one week plays well then the next he isn't involved at all.  He should be giving 7-8/10 performances weekly and he doesn't. Its usually 6-7 and rarely 8-9.

Decent enough player Hendo and I'd have him in my side but he wouldn't be captain and I think it's crucial we bring in somebody with a lot more about them to play in the middle of the park for us rather than having Jordan as our leader from midfield.

He had the most assists from open play in the premier league the last two years I believe.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #18: Jan 30, 2016 12:26:24 pm
      200 games for Liverpool.

Two hundred.

Unbelievable isn't it? All those games and all those great performance's. Just think of the DVD of all the highlights of his career?
      It would be BLANK!!.
      A serial bottler of no real attributes, other than running around like a scared chicken. First player to disapear when a game starts to go against us.
      A travesty that he is our Captain, and no achievement in hiding in most of his 200 games.
      200 games? Big deal.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #19: Jan 30, 2016 03:03:11 pm
      Unbelievable isn't it? All those games and all those great performance's. Just think of the DVD of all the highlights of his career?
      It would be BLANK!!.
      A serial bottler of no real attributes, other than running around like a scared chicken. First player to disapear when a game starts to go against us.
      A travesty that he is our Captain, and no achievement in hiding in most of his 200 games.
      200 games? Big deal.

Which begs the point, a thread for Henderson! Could have gone in the player thread.

:f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply