Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Leicester v Liverpool Tues 2nd Feb 19:45KO

Read 7115 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Pre-Match: Leicester v Liverpool Tues 2nd Feb 19:45KO
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2016 09:04:30 pm
      I know Coutinho's missing but we need to try and play the same game as we did at Man City and play high up from the off..

Jürgen's starting eleven, whoever they are, will know their task and will have been well drilled..

A few players i'm expecting a much improved performance from are Moreno, Can and Ibe , We've all witnessed what their capable of so i'm hoping to see a bit more of it in what's gonna be a very open game..perfect for their style of play.

Looking forward to this...

All these games are coming fast...one after the other.. let's hope we can keep the pace..

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2016 09:09:13 pm
      Excited to see the new lads play...
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2016 09:18:15 pm
      Question. If he drops the lads who done well v West Ham I.e. Brannigan! Stewart, Teixera and Caulker would it be justifiable?

Especially Brannigan in the middle

In both my and I would think the majority opinion, yes it would be completely justifiable. Cup games are cup games and league games are league games even if it's similar opposition.

If we'd gone and won that game 8-0 against a top league team like WH or better then yeah I'd say lets go with them, but it was a 0-0 game and none of the aforementioned players are senior, first squad level players who have shown any consistency of strong performances against top tier opposition with the exception of maybe Caulker and IMO to bring in wholesale change to a league match would based on a few decent results would be questionable.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2016 09:51:07 pm
      In both my and I would think the majority opinion, yes it would be completely justifiable. Cup games are cup games and league games are league games even if it's similar opposition.

If we'd gone and won that game 8-0 against a top league team like WH or better then yeah I'd say lets go with them, but it was a 0-0 game and none of the aforementioned players are senior, first squad level players who have shown any consistency of strong performances against top tier opposition with the exception of maybe Caulker and IMO to bring in wholesale change to a league match would based on a few decent results would be questionable.

How then do you ever know if young/fringe players are good enough? Why bother with having academy's if you can't trust the players produced can step into the first team for league games? How do they learn if they only play early round league cup ties or an fa cup tie because of injuries?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2016 09:52:39 pm
      Looking forward to this one. Have a feeling we may be on edge of a wee run
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2016 10:01:27 pm
      How then do you ever know if young/fringe players are good enough? Why bother with having academy's if you can't trust the players produced can step into the first team for league games? How do they learn if they only play early round league cup ties or an fa cup tie because of injuries?

Chances will come in the first team on an individual basis. Granted I don't think that we've done nearly a good enough job of doing that at this club in transitioning our most talented youngsters to first team consistency.

But I do think there's a massive difference of doing something like that and making wholesale changes to our league squad based on a couple of results, especially when playing against a team that's ahead of us on the table.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2016 10:29:41 pm

That's what happens when a club spends 300 mil on a squad , the young lads get marginalised and sent out on loans . the only reason we're seeing the youngsters now is because of injuries . As soon as the seniors start getting fit and games then we'll hardly see them again this season . Pity really they've shown real intent .

MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2016 11:57:04 pm
      Looking forward to this with anticipation...This is like a home game for me and I will be at the King Power with the travelling REDS, if we play like we did on Boxing Day, we'll be ok, we'll stiffle and frustrate them, they will come at us from the start though and hope to get a lead, we must keep them under control, tbh we'll do really well to get any kind of result tomorrow night, I'd be happy with a draw but a win will be brilliant.....strongest team tomorrow night please Jürgen and let's rip them foxes to pieces !!!
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2016 01:28:35 am
                            MIGS

CLYNE      LOVREN    SAKHO    MORENO

LUCAS               ALLEN                       
                            HENDO

MILNER                                  LALLANA

FIRMINO

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2016 07:47:17 am
      Same attitude and tactics as last time. 0:1 the Red men
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2016 08:49:22 am
      Despite being the leaders Leicester are the only team we can realistically beat to top 4. It requires just one little thing - beat them tonight and go on a decent run. But I was saying the same before we played them at Anfield and it has not changed much since.

Not sure who to start - there is solid options now in all areas bar maybe in attack. Would not like to see a Hendo-Lucas-Can midfield triange though.

Massive game for FSG. Nothing better silencing the critics after a poor transfer window and the ticket announcement debacle than a win away to league leaders.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2016 09:29:09 am
      Mignolet; Clyne, Lovren, Caulker, Flanagan; Lucas, Allen, Brannagan; Milner, Firmino, Lallana.

Don't see a reason to change most of the back four to be honest, as long as they are all match fit. Flanagan coming in might be a good option against Mahrez cutting inside and I think Allen and Brannagan have done more than enough to keep their place as well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #35: Feb 02, 2016 09:42:00 am
      Do not think this game is on tv tonight, or does anyone know different. Anyhow think it will be a 1  1 draw, a win for the Reds even better.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #36: Feb 02, 2016 10:17:35 am
      Who needs fancy transfers when we've got this free scoring midfielder in our team?

Yes. I was being sarcastic.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2016 10:34:40 am
      Poor Merson not knowing how we'll deal with Vardy in this game. Watch the last game you dumb F**k :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Feb 02, 2016 11:01:34 am
      If I remember rightly we matched up against these in a 442 set up on Boxing Day and got the win so I'm guessing we'll do the same again this time.

If this is the case then I'm guessing it'll be a midfield of Ibe, Milner, Lucas with either Hendo or Allen making up the 4 with probably Firmino and Lallana up front.

I can't see Jürgen playing Flanno at lb like some are suggesting as he doesn't really play players out of position so I'm expecting either Moreno or Smith to start on the left.

I can't see Toure starting now that Lovren is back but will it be Lovren and Caulker or Lovren and Sakho?  Do they have any "big" players where we need to be wary of set pieces?  I know defending set pieces is our achilles heel but I don't think they have the same aerial threat that other teams do.

They're at home too so they'll want to go all out at us, which should play into our hands and leave plenty of space for us to exploit.

Can't come quick enough for me, get us talking football again rather than who we didn't sign.

COYR
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #39: Feb 02, 2016 11:13:48 am
      If we lose then Leicester go 16 clear of us and I think we can kiss top four goodbye. If we win then there is a slim chance of us creeping in there.

Mignolet

Clyne     Lovren     Sakho     Moreno

Lucas      Can

Ibe        Lallana     Milner

Firmino

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2016 12:37:31 pm
      Henderson has been absolute rubbish several weeks running, he's even been subbed TWICE in a row, even Klopp sees he's been sh*te.  Yet he still walks into everyone's starting XI whilst Joseph, who's put in several strong performances, can't get a look in.

tbf he has had injuries. But yea I agree Allen deserves a start.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2016 01:09:21 pm
      Henderson has been absolute rubbish several weeks running, he's even been subbed TWICE in a row, even Klopp sees he's been sh*te.  Yet he still walks into everyone's starting XI whilst Joseph, who's put in several strong performances, can't get a look in.

It's only someone's opinion Fed.

Get over it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Feb 02, 2016 03:29:14 pm
      If we are serious about making a push for top4 we need to be winning these.
      Leicester are doing well, but I think at their ground we might get space and chances to score.
      As long as we can keep them out at our end, we should be good :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2016 03:36:52 pm
      Don't care who or how, just win.

Getting sick of seeing all these overnight Leicester fans popping out of nowhere and giving me lessons on how a club should play and how they're better than us.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #44: Feb 02, 2016 04:03:41 pm
      Don't care who or how, just win.

Getting sick of seeing all these overnight Leicester fans popping out of nowhere and giving me lessons on how a club should play and how they're better than us.
      Don't you know that there are millions of "football managers" around the world?
      Just as there are easily hundreds or thousands of "Liverpool managers" like you and I on there. :lmao:

I'll be around to play "Liverpool Manager" in a couple of hours time! Please join me.
      :mad:  :clap: :holyshit: :action-smiley-035: :celebrate: :soccer_h4h: :champ: :rasp:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2016 04:08:21 pm
      Don't you know that there are millions of "football managers" around the world?
      Just as there are easily hundreds or thousands of "Liverpool managers" like you and I on there. :lmao:

I'll be around to play "Liverpool Manager" in a couple of hours time! Please join me.
      :mad:  :clap: :holyshit: :action-smiley-035: :celebrate: :soccer_h4h: :champ: :rasp:

At least we've been around with the team for the majority of our lives.

Got a mate who supported Arsenal and then stopped to support Leicester. Give me a F***ing break.

Quick Reply