Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Ticket Working Group - Statement

Read 17678 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Ticket Working Group - Statement
      Feb 01, 2016 05:34:52 pm
      Statement following the conclusion of the Ticket Working Group from representatives of Spirit Of Shankly, LFC Supporters Committee and Spion Kop 1906

On Saturday 30 January representatives of all three supporters groups that make up the Ticket Working Group, met with LFC for the last time following 13 months of discussion about ticket prices and accessibility. The club presented their final proposal and plan to announce next-season’s prices for the entire stadium this week.

The outcome is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity for LFC to lead in a fairer approach to ticket prices. After months of time and effort, meetings and debate of ideas and plans to lower supporters’ costs, the owners have chosen to increase prices for many. In the context of the huge income rises the club will receive next year, to up their revenue from fans through season and matchday tickets is both unnecessary and morally unjustifiable.

At a time of ever increasing commercial and media revenues, the club’s reliance on ‘general-admission’ returns is diminishing, and this is a lost opportunity for LFC to begin the reversal of the effects of inflation-busting prices that have forced out many loyal fans over recent years. We had hoped to find a solution to better accessibility to Anfield for younger and future generations through reduced ticket prices.

We began our engagement with the club in a spirit of cooperation and a willingness to compromise. To give the process the best chance of success we presented ideas and agreed to their requests for confidentiality, agreeing a Terms of Reference by which we have abided.

Our proposals going into the negotiation were as follows:

1. At least 70% of the ground to be paying an affordable price (£30 in our view);

2. An end to match categorisation and;

3. Increases in the number of young supporters inside Anfield.

We believe it is right and fair to lower ticket prices in order to sustain our support and subsequently the atmosphere inside Anfield.

Unfortunately, the decisions of the ownership are based purely on economics with no compromise. They have tried to frame the debate from the view that ticket prices as they stand are fair and that their planned rises somehow supports this fairness. This is an unsustainable argument being put by the owners. Fairness is not making more money than ever before from supporters.

There will be some new initiatives, but the major issues of ticket cost and categorisation remain unresolved, unappreciated by the owners and a further setback for loyal supporters trying to afford to watch their team play.

We will make further detailed comment once the new prices are released in the coming days.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/ticket-working-group-statement-conclusion
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Ticket Working Group - Statement
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2016 06:42:06 pm
      With the new TV deal set to start next year, with the increased capacity, it is nothing short of a scandal that LFC will continue to increase their prices.

But ultimately it comes down to the people choosing to buy the tickets doesn't it.

It seems their only weapon currently is not taking flags into the ground - which the club probably don't give two shits about.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2016 06:46:49 pm
      With the new TV deal set to start next year, with the increased capacity, it is nothing short of a scandal that LFC will continue to increase their prices.

But ultimately it comes down to the people choosing to buy the tickets doesn't it.

It seems their only weapon currently is not taking flags into the ground - which the club probably don't give two shits about.

Some might say top flight prices for mid-table sh*te!!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2016 07:30:04 pm
      Haven't been to a game this season. Looks likely to be the same next season.

Not paying it. Just hope more take up the same view. With the team struggling, the capacity increasing, and the prices going up more and more people WILL stop going. It just needs to happen en masse.

Won't happen though.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2016 07:31:00 pm

Some might say top flight prices for mid-table sh*te!!

They need all that money to invest in a world class team.

Because they'll absolutely definitely be signing loads of those guys.

Definitely.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #5: Feb 01, 2016 07:38:41 pm
      As long as they can get the seats filled they don't give a sh*t, the fact they are going to increase prices again (when even just a price freeze for a few seasons would give them goodwill) is a disgrace.

I'm not sure what proportion ticket prices make of our overall income but I'd imagine it's a very small amount, this club was built on looking out for each other and this spits in the face of that image, which the club is happy to use to profit off.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2016 07:51:37 pm
      This also coming from a football club who doesn't pay it's lowest paid employees the living wage.

How anyone can still believe this is their football club boggles me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2016 08:05:03 pm
      They need all that money to invest in a world class team.

Because they'll absolutely definitely be signing loads of those guys.

Definitely.

seen the same argument on Rawk with knobheads saying we need to keep raising prices to remain competitive, it's absolute sh*te. Nothing more than greed.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2016 08:07:22 pm
      Well it seems we really are dancing with the devil American sports owners you just got to love them , not to taint the thread but , they are like the other leeches only better clued up .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2016 08:08:25 pm
      I thought he was being sarcy H? The 'absolutely definitely' bit?

Quite possibly, apologies if he is, bit tired at the moment
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #10: Feb 01, 2016 08:09:08 pm
      I thought he was being sarcy H? The 'absolutely definitely' bit?
      I thought the same mate think you might have got this one wrong HR.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Feb 01, 2016 08:12:05 pm
      I cant believe that anyone is surprised. they want every penny they can extract from the fans, They have from day one been here to make money for themselves in a period of time of their choosing. Whilst we sell out the prices will go up end of story.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #12: Feb 01, 2016 08:25:12 pm
      Have a kip mate, one things for sure, you won't miss any transfers. ;)

Haha mate we can still crack a joke about it that tit on sky waiting for lfc transfers really picked the short straw
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #13: Feb 01, 2016 08:27:50 pm
      seen the same argument on Rawk with knobheads saying we need to keep raising prices to remain competitive, it's absolute sh*te. Nothing more than greed.

Yeah, the above posters are right. I was attempting gallows humour.

Being charged extra to go the game while the new TV deals make justifing charging fans as much as they currently do (never mind increases) in harder. Frankly it's a disgrace.

Using the mythology of the atmosphere to market the club while freezing out those who make the atmosphere. Look it up, the same happens at Fenway. They got a mascot too!

On top of all of that we've seen virtually no appetite to pay the wages or the fees which make the club competitive... that was their most basic promise.

It's not like other clubs aren't f**king their fans over too.

But the free pass Fenway seem to get is astounding.

Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #14: Feb 01, 2016 08:29:10 pm
      FairPlay to the supporter groups for giving it a good go, sounds like they gave it everything. Unfortunately they never stood a chance. The modern game of football has little to no room for sentiment. It's simple supply and demand and everything just goes up and up and up, tickets, TV deal money, TV subscription, player wages, transfer fees , agent fees. The whole fookin thing just seems to spiral and spiral.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #15: Feb 01, 2016 08:38:00 pm
      I'm not sure what proportion ticket prices make of our overall income but I'd imagine it's a very small amount,

The £40M extra TV money from next season would probably mean they could let everyone in for about a fiver and still have same revenue.

Pure greed.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16: Feb 01, 2016 09:25:06 pm
      On the ale in Southampton here and just had a text so popping in without reading it all properly so excuse please.

My mate just text me saying it can be £70 a ticket next year. That true folks?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #17: Feb 01, 2016 09:45:56 pm
      Time for fan ownership...
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #18: Feb 01, 2016 09:54:23 pm
      They should bang up the corporate and hospitality and bring down the true support prices , the greedy cu*ts .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19: Feb 01, 2016 10:26:46 pm
      Why would FSG give a sh*t about supporters? They're businessmen after all, they won't be asking what the atmosphere was like, only how many seats were filled!
      Typical rich people, happy to spend everyone's money, but not their own!

For those of you who support the way FSG are running the club, if this doesn't sicken you, you need you're head checked!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #20: Feb 01, 2016 10:35:55 pm
      Yeah, the above posters are right. I was attempting gallows humour.

Realised that second time I read it  :D

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #21: Feb 01, 2016 10:38:52 pm
      On the ale in Southampton here and just had a text so popping in without reading it all properly so excuse please.

My mate just text me saying it can be £70 a ticket next year. That true folks?

Quite possibly the prices for the new stand and probably upper centenary. But wouldn't surprise me one bit if that'll be the main price for Cat A league games next season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #22: Feb 01, 2016 10:39:09 pm
      they are just laughing at us.

Quick Reply