Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Ticket Working Group - Statement

Read 17652 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Re: Ticket Working Group - Statement
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2016 11:47:56 pm
      If they don't keep whacking the prices up, the revenue falls, and they then fall foul of the financial fair play ethos, then we have to settle for lesser quality, cheaper players to stay within the bounds. They will argue, they have to up the prices, to up the revenue, to compete for better players.

My argument is, with the extra seating, the revenue will automatically go up without increasing the prices. The cost of the stadium refurb will just come off the tax liabilities next financial year. So no loss there.

And as for the player buys, we seem to pay top dollar for second rate players anyway, so no change in quality there.
      Would our prices be in line with Citeh, Utd and Rentboys ? If so, then no excuse why we can't compete for the top players as well !
      And bollocks to the Cat A Cat B Cat C nonsense. Lets get back to all ticket prices the same. Go to the match, enjoy, whoever it is, go home. There were only different prices for seating and standing, or kids and OAP's concessions.
      As its all seating, the prices should be the same, except for kids and OAP's.

The financial fair play goons, could make allowances on income for the reduction in seat prices, so no loss in that respect, and it would encourage all clubs to follow suit as well.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #24: Feb 02, 2016 10:32:20 am
      F**k them!!!
      I watch all our games now on the foreign channel . I get Sky Sports for F**k all too!.
      They aint gettin another f***in penny out of me.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2016 10:46:50 am
      I stand to be corrected here but last season they were touting hospitality for £99 + Vat and the other day i looked it was £137 + Vat.

I think it depends on the game Ian.  I know I looked at going hospitality last season for the spuds game but it was near enough £500 and it was sold out  :o

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2016 11:14:06 am

Eventually they will kill the goose that laid the golden egg , £70 a pop could see the end of me .
      On the ale in Southampton here and just had a text so popping in without reading it all properly so excuse please.

My mate just text me saying it can be £70 a ticket next year. That true folks?

grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2016 11:34:58 am
      Outrageous really and I am not even from there. Someone was bang on when they said raise the hospitality and corporate. If I was flying to the UK again and wanted to watch us play, I won't give a s*** if I had to pay an extra 10-15 pounds. It's you guys the local supporters who were born red and are blood cells of the club, and they are betraying you.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2016 12:00:39 pm
      Just thinking, it'd be cheaper to fly to an away match in Russia than watch that spuds game at home.

:o

Quite probably mate but it's not just our tickets that are stupidly priced. 

My brother is into Rugby Union and gets to Twickenham as often as possible for the England games, this year he wants to take his 2 girls to a 6 Nations game for the first time and realised it's cheaper to go on holiday to Rome with them and get tickets for the England v Italy game there than paying for 4 tickets at Twickenham  :o

Also my daughter is a massive Sheffield Wednesday fan (yes I know  :roll:) and went hospitality with a mate for their 21st birthdays, they hated it 'cos they're both singers/shouters and they kept getting dirty looks from all the suits but anyway they paid £100 per ticket and that was 7 years ago  :o

To answer your other question on how many tickets are reserved for hospitality, I don't think anyone knows and I'm not sure how you could work it out.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2016 01:19:07 pm
      The question still stands though, how many tickets are allocated to hospitality only?

I was at Isla Gladstone for the boxing day fixture, they had 20, 10 seater tables there, considering some other venues like the Titanic can host a lot more, and the fact that there are 8 different packages to pick from, my guess would be anywhere between 1500-2000
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2016 01:32:07 pm
      On the ale in Southampton here and just had a text so popping in without reading it all properly so excuse please.

My mate just text me saying it can be £70 a ticket next year. That true folks?

Scandalous if true.

As many of you have said in here it is unacceptable with his new deal coming in that the club isn't prepared to do anything meaningful to reduce ticket prices.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2016 02:40:05 pm
      Just stop going the game. It really is that simple. They will continue to screw their customers as long as their customers keep saying " Thank you sir, please may i have another? ".
      The single most frustrating thing about this is that, The power has and always will be with the fans . The solution is staring them in the face , yet they choose to look the other way.
      They play on our selfishness. If a healthy number of fans did decide to boycott, to make a stand. Their sacrifice would be made redundant by the very same people they would hope to help.
      Someone would always gobble up their seats , then complain about how much they had to pay.
      WE made this bed, now we have to lie in it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2016 02:44:16 pm
      Has any Premier League club lowered its ticket prices? Price gouging seems more of an epidemic in the league than Liverpool being a bunch of slimy, greedy bas**rds (LFC undoubtedly still is, but so are the other clubs). Britain needs to adopt the Bundesliga's approach to tickets.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2016 03:02:50 pm
      Here's the PR spin from the club

Ahead of Anfield's new Main Stand opening for the start of the 2016-17 season, Liverpool FC have released the pricing and ticket structure, with the club maintaining its focus on bringing more local supporters and young people into the stadium.

64 per cent of season ticket prices will decrease or freeze.
      45 per cent of matchday tickets will see a price decrease.
      Local fans given priority access to over 20,000 tickets across the Premier League season, with prices starting from as little as £9.
      Over 20,000 extra tickets allocated across the Premier League season, in a new pricing category, for fans aged between 17 and 21.
      Over 1,000 free tickets across the Premier League season to local kids through a new Young Fan Initiative scheme.
      13 months' consultation with the Ticket Working Group listening to what are priorities for match-going fans.
      Local fans will now be able to attend a category C game for as little as £9 following the introduction of over 20,000 tickets across the season with priority access given to local supporters.

Young fans also remain a focus and the club will introduce a new concession category for 17 to 21-year-olds which will provide over 1,000 extra tickets for each Premier League match for young supporters during next season.

The club will launch a new initiative working in partnership with local schools based in and around Merseyside to offer over 1,000 free incentive-based tickets.

The club has continued the practice of stretching prices across the ground to reflect seat location, resulting in 64 per cent of season tickets freezing or going down in price. Season ticket prices will range from £685 (£36 per game) to £1029 (£54 per game). Matchday tickets have also stretched, making the cheapest matchday ticket just £9 and the most expensive £77 depending on seat location. The under 17s junior season ticket remains at £180 (£9.47 per game). The club's new Young Adult price band will see 17 to 21-year-old season ticket holders enjoy a 50 per cent discount whilst our disabled season ticket holders and other concessions will continue to receive a 25 per cent discount on their seats.

Today's announcement follows a 13-month consultation with the Ticket Working Group, a sub-group of the official Liverpool FC Supporters' Committee, which has met regularly with the club over the last year to discuss affordability and accessibility of tickets.

Ian Ayre, chief executive officer, Liverpool FC, said: “With the opening of our expanded Main Stand, the club is heading into a new chapter and we want as many of our fans right there with us to support the team at Anfield.

“We always carefully consider ticket pricing to ensure the long-term sustainability and competitiveness of the club, while listening to the views of our match-going fans to understand the priorities around accessibility and affordability.

“The feedback has been clear that having more local and young people at Anfield is a priority and we are delighted to be launching these new ticketing initiatives. The redevelopment of our Main Stand and increased capacity has given us flexibility to freeze or reduce more than half of all tickets across the stadium, which is reflected in our longer-term plan to give fans more choice on what price they pay to attend a game.

“We would like to thank our fans in the Ticket Working Group for their commitment, engagement, cooperation and time throughout this process. There was agreement from the start that compromise was essential in working together to find solutions to increase accessibility and affordability of tickets. We recognise the incredible importance of ticket pricing to our match-going fans and we take the responsibility very seriously in determining pricing at Anfield.

“We are excited about our new Main Stand opening and look forward to welcoming 8,500 additional fans to Anfield next season to support the team.”

Over the coming days and weeks, the club will be writing to all Main Stand season ticket holders to provide them with detailed information about their seating options for next season. A full breakdown of the 2016-17 ticket pricing structure can be found here.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2016 03:10:24 pm

Paddock up to £77 for Cat A games.  I was there for Arsenal the other week and I think my ticket was £58 which was the most I'd ever paid at Anfield for a game.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #35: Feb 02, 2016 03:26:45 pm
      Here's another interesting couple of images.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #36: Feb 02, 2016 03:32:38 pm
      So the '£9' tickets are for 3 games a season in a block with 527 fans at the very back corners of the main stand.  So that's 1581 tickets out of around 1,050,000 in a Premier League season.

0.14% of Anfield tickets.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2016 03:49:41 pm
      £77 for the F***ing paddock.....worst view in the ground unless you like looking at their knees!

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38: Feb 02, 2016 04:05:21 pm
      What's the real scandal is the average fan can't get into Anfield because people sit on season tickets for a lifetime.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Feb 02, 2016 04:08:42 pm
      What's the real scandal is the average fan can't get into Anfield because people sit on season tickets for a lifetime.

I wonder how many season ticket holders don't actually use the ticket themselves it is something I am aware of. We sell out so no a chance in hell of any reduction in prices.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2016 04:43:34 pm
      Scandalous if true.

As many of you have said in here it is unacceptable with his new deal coming in that the club isn't prepared to do anything meaningful to reduce ticket prices.

What's more shocking is that if I didn't get a mention notification I would have never known I posted that.

Hic.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2016 06:34:56 pm
      18319 General Tickets
      27094 Season Tickets
      8,500 now 'Hospitality'.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2016 08:09:22 am
      If you average all those prices together what is your average LFC ticket price next season? I reckon its around £40

There's a lot of cheaper tickets there, many many options. What about the 1000 free tickets they are giving to kids schools etc? 20,000 priority tickets to local fans, Is that bad.?

Might get shot down here, but as a non match day fan, this does not look as bad as folk are making out.

The EPL is the most watched league in the world !! , Prices of certain tickets are going to go up, I heard ray parlour saying it was £90 for some seats at arsenal.

To me, the pricing structure looks quite balanced.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2016 09:12:23 am
      Looking at that map, my main stand season ticket - which has a wonderful view of a f***ing great pillar over the half way line - is now £959 i think from £870 this year... so up £5 per game minimum
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2016 09:28:34 am
      If you average all those prices together what is your average LFC ticket price next season? I reckon its around £40

Just under £45.  Club aiming for £39M from the 46,247 'general admission seats'. (+£4M increase). £2M is from the fact there are 3,000 extra seats - £2M is from the price rises.

The other 7/8000 or whatever 'corporate' seats are extra on top.

Might get shot down here, but as a non match day fan, this does not look as bad as folk are making out.

Nobody's going to shoot you down if that's your opinion - I suppose the point of others is that when the club are going to be getting an extra £20M or whatever from corporate seats.  When they are going to be getting an extra £40M from TV money, and when they don't sniff about paying £20M for a player who they loan to Turkey - was there really any need to screw £2M out of 'regular fans'.

Maybe people think that is fine.  Maybe I'm wrong to think that's just greed. Who knows?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2016 04:21:20 pm
      Just under £45.  Club aiming for £39M from the 46,247 'general admission seats'. (+£4M increase). £2M is from the fact there are 3,000 extra seats - £2M is from the price rises.

The other 7/8000 or whatever 'corporate' seats are extra on top.

Nobody's going to shoot you down if that's your opinion - I suppose the point of others is that when the club are going to be getting an extra £20M or whatever from corporate seats.  When they are going to be getting an extra £40M from TV money, and when they don't sniff about paying £20M for a player who they loan to Turkey - was there really any need to screw £2M out of 'regular fans'.

Maybe people think that is fine.  Maybe I'm wrong to think that's just greed. Who knows?

Fair doos I can see the point about the TV money and other revenue, but at the end of the day they are trying to get back to the top table, i.e. champion's league and premiership winners, maybe they feel we need to match our rivals on all fronts.

The whole of the EPL could be reducing tickets, as they all have a share of the 1.5 billion

To me it looks like they have spread the cost and the folk who can afford it will end up paying for the more expensive seats.

But maybe on further analysis its not spread out enough for lower end prices.

Quick Reply