Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Ticket Working Group - Statement

Read 17673 times
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Re: Ticket Working Group - Statement
      Reply #46: Feb 04, 2016 11:35:28 am
      Walk out on 77

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #47: Feb 04, 2016 11:55:39 am
      If the lack of competition on the pitch continues for too much longer, supporters WILL stop turning up. Just watch a championship game on the tv to see the less than half full stadia. Even with big teams such as Leeds.

Who wants to waste their hard earned watching a bunch of tarts who don't deserve their "hard earned"? I certainly don't want to and I'm not a seasoned regular. A couple of times a season is all I can afford with taking my eldest daughter.

It's clear the owners are making a mint, but without properly investing in the team. They don't seem to have worked it out that by being competitive on the field, that'll make them more money, not fleecing loyal regulars out of the little cash MOST of us have.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #48: Feb 04, 2016 12:10:50 pm
      "Walk out on 77"

Understand the cause and all but not comfortable with the sense of entitlement there reinforced by a false claim of rambunctious support.

The place is a library most of the time would hate to imagine Klopp's reaction.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #49: Feb 04, 2016 12:14:44 pm
      Would love to see it happen and not just at our ground. Lets not hold our breath but,  i'm behind any of those brave fans who do it.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #50: Feb 04, 2016 12:24:48 pm
      Probably missing the obvious but why 77?

Tickets are going up to £77.

Don't really see the point as FSG will still still be getting their money.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #51: Feb 04, 2016 12:35:49 pm
      Can't afford to keep going as it is, think I'll have one blowout on hospitality and stay in Liverpool for a few days, rather than make 8-10 trips up and the odd away.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #52: Feb 04, 2016 01:10:12 pm
      Just under £45.  Club aiming for £39M from the 46,247 'general admission seats'. (+£4M increase). £2M is from the fact there are 3,000 extra seats - £2M is from the price rises.

The other 7/8000 or whatever 'corporate' seats are extra on top.

Nobody's going to shoot you down if that's your opinion - I suppose the point of others is that when the club are going to be getting an extra £20M or whatever from corporate seats.  When they are going to be getting an extra £40M from TV money, and when they don't sniff about paying £20M for a player who they loan to Turkey - was there really any need to screw £2M out of 'regular fans'.

Maybe people think that is fine.  Maybe I'm wrong to think that's just greed. Who knows?

Its greed of the highest order mate.

Was listening to The Anfield Wrap on the way to work and Jay McKenna was on and went into detail about his dealings with the club over the last 18 months and FSG don't come out of it in a great light.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #53: Feb 04, 2016 01:44:57 pm
      Tickets are going up to £77.

Don't really see the point as FSG will still still be getting their money.

We'll continue feeding their ego. Paying for a 90 minute match but using its value only till the 77th minute.

It's the same with Mario. Paying  £16m for a £50m player.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #54: Feb 04, 2016 01:55:01 pm
      Not even being subtle about it are they?

http://www.fenwaysportsmanagement.com/portfolio/#sales-and-representation

Sorry only just realised this been brought up in the owners thread.

F**k them now!!

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #55: Feb 04, 2016 02:07:51 pm

F**k them now!!

Reached the same conclusion they are alienating a lot of genuine fans two headed fcking snakes they are .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #56: Feb 04, 2016 02:18:57 pm

Genuinely surprised that they haven't even been arsed to take it down!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #57: Feb 04, 2016 02:21:52 pm
      A while ago, the penny dropped for me, I will never see LFC play again.

In fact the only way is to buy a season ticket from EFC, and at least I'll see some EPL games including the derby, crazy as it seems, this is the only option.

Membership schemes, ballots, etc, no chance of getting a season ticket, of which I will not afford. £1000 plus for 19 games, seriously, WTF has happened.

The NAPM by my sig is a little old now, and I was going to remove it, but bollocks to that.

The only time you see a comment on twitter by the owners squeeze is when we win, other than that they are absent. But I bet they appear for the League Cup Final.

Time to get this bad boy out again?

£77 even if I had an opportunity to get one of those, I'd decline.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #58: Feb 04, 2016 02:33:13 pm
      "Walk out on 77"

Understand the cause and all but not comfortable with the sense of entitlement there reinforced by a false claim of rambunctious support.

The place is a library most of the time would hate to imagine Klopp's reaction.

Can see the logic behind it but it's not even a televised game.  It will have very very little impact.

Far more impact is in the televised games - the absence of the flags and banners before big games is something definitely noticeable.  I can agree with the thought process behind this walkout - and to be fair if I was going this weekend I'd join in - but I think the wrong game and tactic has been picked
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #59: Feb 04, 2016 02:37:36 pm
      There seem to be a lot of dodgy practices and decisions going on within our club. For example, I have stopped buying shirts because of the affiliation with Standard Chartered and my involvement with the Greenpeace movement. This lot are completely all about greed first and foremost. They'll continue to hike prices, regardless of actual team progress of not. The days of LFC being a great institution are over. It's been turned into nothing more than a corporate entity, sucking the soul out of it and alienating the people who care most.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #60: Feb 04, 2016 02:44:10 pm
      Can see the logic behind it but it's not even a televised game.  It will have very very little impact.

Far more impact is in the televised games - the absence of the flags and banners before big games is something definitely noticeable.  I can agree with the thought process behind this walkout - and to be fair if I was going this weekend I'd join in - but I think the wrong game and tactic has been picked

There is a televised game on Sunday 28th February 2016, that would make an impact. :D

The few and far between games I have been to, seem to have a walkout around the 85min mark.

I agree this game is a lame duck as I'm sure it won't make much news.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #61: Feb 04, 2016 04:30:48 pm
      Its pointless.

People travel far to watch us play. They spend a fortune on a ticket and a lot don't go every week so they aren't going to walk out with 15mins of the game remaining. It will be a handful of people in the Kop and I doubt anyone will notice as people get off around that time anyway.

Protests before and after the games just like we did under H&G is the way to go. Put some real pressure of FSG. Get lots of media coverage.

Fortunately I can afford to go the match every week so from a personal perspective I don't mind the ticket increase providing FSG back Jürgen properly in the summer. If we go out and spend a F***ing wedge and bring in some top quality players then I expect the increase in prices and Im happy with that.

If we sell our best players and replace them with premiership dross like we always do though, I wont be F***ing happy. FSG brought in a proper manager so they need to back him and bring in some proper players. I cant help but think we will sell coutinho and replace him with Shane Long though.

This summer is massive and if FSG don't pull their finger out then their will be anger amongst the Kop.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #62: Feb 04, 2016 04:52:59 pm
      Its pointless.

People travel far to watch us play. They spend a fortune on a ticket and a lot don't go every week so they aren't going to walk out with 15mins of the game remaining. It will be a handful of people in the Kop and I doubt anyone will notice as people get off around that time anyway.

Protests before and after the games just like we did under H&G is the way to go. Put some real pressure of FSG. Get lots of media coverage.

Fortunately I can afford to go the match every week so from a personal perspective I don't mind the ticket increase providing FSG back Jürgen properly in the summer. If we go out and spend a F***ing wedge and bring in some top quality players then I expect the increase in prices and Im happy with that.

If we sell our best players and replace them with premiership dross like we always do though, I wont be F***ing happy. FSG brought in a proper manager so they need to back him and bring in some proper players. I cant help but think we will sell coutinho and replace him with Shane Long though.

This summer is massive and if FSG don't pull their finger out then their will be anger amongst the Kop.

They don't need the ticket increase to back Jürgen mate.

And personally I'd sooner see a reduction in tickets for fans that splashing out countless more millions on footballers.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #63: Feb 04, 2016 05:03:14 pm
      Can get behind a walkout protest, no doubt it will look doubly effective by the 83rd minute when half of Anfield leaves then anyway.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #64: Feb 04, 2016 06:08:46 pm
      I'm going to the game with my kid on sat and I have paid a fortune as it is for 2 tickets. As much as I agree with the sentiment there is no way I'm walking out after 77 minutes. I've paid my money and I want my money's worth.......albeit the players won't provide that anyway.
      It's still a special occasion for me each and every time I go to Anfield and the fact my little one will be here for the first time means I will be supporting the team to the bitter end of the match.
      I'll be happy to support the cause in any other way tho.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2778 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #65: Feb 04, 2016 07:00:09 pm
      Walking out in the 77th minute achieves nothing, sure look at th amount of fans who leave around then anyway!

Don't reappear from the bars and shops for the second half might be more eye catching but would word spread quick enough to have the majority join in?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #66: Feb 04, 2016 07:17:16 pm
      It has achieved already. Its all over the media.

Its just a start anyway.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #67: Feb 04, 2016 07:51:13 pm

F**k them now!!

Just posted this in the FSG thread.

https://twitter.com/jaymckenna87/status/695286994507808768

They are treating LFC like a KFC franchise.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #68: Feb 05, 2016 12:35:22 am
      I'm going to the game with my kid on sat and I have paid a fortune as it is for 2 tickets. As much as I agree with the sentiment there is no way I'm walking out after 77 minutes. I've paid my money and I want my money's worth.......albeit the players won't provide that anyway.
      It's still a special occasion for me each and every time I go to Anfield and the fact my little one will be here for the first time means I will be supporting the team to the bitter end of the match.
      I'll be happy to support the cause in any other way tho.

Don't need to explain yourself mate, have a boss time with your lad.

I took my lad for the first time in Boxing Day against Leicester and had the protest been then I wouldn't have got off mid game either.

We should protest before and after games, not during games. Once we kick off we should all get behind the team until the final whistle goes.

Quick Reply