Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Ticket Working Group - Statement

Read 17564 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Ticket Working Group - Statement
      Reply #69: Feb 05, 2016 01:09:21 am
      Quote from RedPuppy
      A while ago, the penny dropped for me, I will never see LFC play again.

In fact the only way is to buy a season ticket from EFC, and at least I'll see some EPL games including the derby, crazy as it seems, this is the only option.

There is the ticket exchange. Since I took out a membership earlier in the season, there's only been two home games where I couldn't get a ticket on it at all. I didn't buy any yet, so had to release them back into the system, but even with all the priority schemes and criteria in place, there was a ticket there eventually if I wanted one.

As regards protests, the owners won't go and the ticket prices won't change, so what is the point? It's not really the same as the protests to help get the previous yankers out the door.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #70: Feb 05, 2016 01:40:05 am
      There is the ticket exchange. Since I took out a membership earlier in the season, there's only been two home games where I couldn't get a ticket on it at all. I didn't buy any yet, so had to release them back into the system, but even with all the priority schemes and criteria in place, there was a ticket there eventually if I wanted one.

As regards protests, the owners won't go and the ticket prices won't change, so what is the point? It's not really the same as the protests to help get the previous yankers out the door.

Quite right. The whole thing seems pointless, prices will rise, its a given. Complain and bi*ch all you like but for me its typical SoS BS. This is only happening because the SoS want to appear to do something right. The simple fact is, they are as voiceless and pointless now as they ever have been. You will get people arguing now about what im writing, there is no argument, they never had a say, and never will, but let them maintain themself, they will soon get into their heads they are as pointless as fighting whoever is in charge of LFC.

They can put out statements until they are blue in the face, they can get angry, they can propose whatever actions they like. The fact is, they have no influence whatsoever.

Hate to say it, but deal with it. Pay or not, it wont make a jot of difference for each seat.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #71: Feb 05, 2016 02:30:01 am

Quite right. The whole thing seems pointless, prices will rise, its a given. Complain and bi*ch all you like but for me its typical SoS BS. This is only happening because the SoS want to appear to do something right. The simple fact is, they are as voiceless and pointless now as they ever have been. You will get people arguing now about what im writing, there is no argument, they never had a say, and never will, but let them maintain themself, they will soon get into their heads they are as pointless as fighting whoever is in charge of LFC.

They can put out statements until they are blue in the face, they can get angry, they can propose whatever actions they like. The fact is, they have no influence whatsoever.

Hate to say it, but deal with it. Pay or not, it wont make a jot of difference for each seat.

I know this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But, that said, you two have made a show of yourselves here...

Prices rise, it's a given? Yes, care to hazard a guess at how far over inflation Premier League ticket prices have been rising?

You can get a ticket on the exchange? Yes you may well be able to do so. But that sort of implies the current prices are at a reasonable and acceptable amount.

Normal Spirit of Shankly moaning? They weren't voiceless or pointless... The club went out of their way to acknowledge issues and invited them to be part of a process to look at dealing with the terrible atmosphere at the ground and ticket prices. The club approached them. And then they ignored them. They ignored the counter proposal and the owners apparently not even provided a reply to that proposal. The Anfield Wrap podcast on the Ticket Working Group suggested that the Liverpool based staff acknowledge the grievances but the American owners didn't approve changes that could have dealt with ticketing.

The atmosphere is terrible, I can only think of a handful of times I have been in my life and it's been genuinely as good as I hoped for. I'm not a local and there are a huge number of ageing moaners in the ground who don't help and are largely locals. It isn't purely about dividing locals vs. traveling fans but you have to remember that long before people from abroad gave a sh*t about Liverpool the local fans still did.

Part of the mystic of the club is the Kop, the atmosphere and emotion. I'm guessing neither of you are locals either, can you honestly say that the draw of the passion isn't part of why you support the club? Increasing prices do have an impact on who can and who can't attend matches.

Ultimately the club belongs to the fans, to everyone. It's not just some faceless cereal brand you can pick and choose to purchase. But you shouldn't be increasing the ticket prices at a time when you don't need to in order to achieve profits. The new television deal, including international rights, is huge. They increase every time. Yet as the need to charge fans more and more is ebbing away the trend towards raising prices continues.

It's simply taking people for a ride. Liverpool Football Club would be nothing without the fans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But pricing out people who cannot afford to keep paying rising prices, especially people who live in the community without which the club wouldn't be what it is, just doesn't sit well with me.

We have an official Printing partner or something now, I saw it on the flashing electronic advertising boards. We have an official airline and an official club tailor and all these things. These are ways of the club acknowledging the need to be a forward thinking business while not putting an unnecessary burden on those wish to support the club by attending games.

I'm Scottish, my father is a Scouser. I have only been to Anfield using a ticket in my own name a once or twice. Every other time it has been through uncles who I can beg a season ticket off of but they've had to give theirs up over time. I've never been what I consider a regular so this isn't the moaning of someone from SoS.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I find both of your posts baffling at best and frankly embarrassing at worst. They amount to 'shut up and accept it, pay up or shut up' which is not only flippant but a little arrogant.

We are all entitled to our say as fans, but I just think it always stinks a little of hypocrisy when people attack the groups which are trying to maintain the atmosphere and values of the club.

The same atmosphere and values which attract so many people from outside the city of Liverpool to start caring about the club in the first place. The clue is in the name, Liverpool Football Club.

It's absolutely vital that the club remains routed in the community which helped it grow into what it is today. It isn't a f**king NFL franchise to move around to a bigger 'market' where people can pay more for a ticket.

And if it was just a normal club where the atmosphere and values didn't matter to supporters as much, I doubt you'd be here posting.

And finally. Even leaving aside the club specific stuff. A huge part of the success of football and the reason it is loved worldwide is that it is the sport of the people. It doesn't have as many barriers to participation like other sports. It used to be but increasingly isn't a sport for the common man. When you continually raise the prices well above inflation, due to greed, you are slowly pricing out people. You are making it less about participation for everyone and more like the opera, for those who can afford the finer things...

Football clubs need to remember how it is that they got to be in this incredibly lofty position they now find themselves. They got there by generating loyalty and firing the emotions of the people who support the club for life.

And you know what? Even if all the other clubs don't bother to respect their fans, I think Liverpool should.

The game should be as affordable as possible for as many as possible.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2016 02:49:33 am by KS67 »
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #72: Feb 05, 2016 04:52:07 am
      It's been months since I have felt happy as a kopite. I attended my first game at Anfield on boxing day, It was a dream come true but every since its been all downhill, performances and now this behind the scenes sh*t. How many more false dawns before we actually come out of these dark ages? As much as it pains me to write this, seems like the only fans groups across the league that are happy right now are the two rich owner clubs.

I understand how important the ticket issue is, but the timing of the protest couldn't be worse off, I cringe at the thought of Klopp reading the BBC header or worse watching the 'walk out' when the game might be finely balanced. It's been a proper depressing start to the year for any LFC fan. YNWA
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #73: Feb 05, 2016 06:33:28 am
      I can understand that some people have paid a fortune to watch the game, or this could be one of the few games they get to see, so walking out on 77 minutes is unreasonable for them.
      The season ticket holders that are there regularly could maybe do the walk out and it would still get the necessary attention.
      I believe that picking one game of the season to completely boycott when the cameras are there would send out a huge message, still don't think the owners care though.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #74: Feb 05, 2016 07:51:21 am
      I can understand that some people have paid a fortune to watch the game, or this could be one of the few games they get to see, so walking out on 77 minutes is unreasonable for them.
      The season ticket holders that are there regularly could maybe do the walk out and it would still get the necessary attention.
      I believe that picking one game of the season to completely boycott when the cameras are there would send out a huge message, still don't think the owners care though.

I'm genuinely concerned that on sat if me and my little one don't walk that we are somehow criticised for it.
      A proper organised protest at a more appropriate time would surely have more of an impact rather than a last minute walk out during a match that to be honest the owners won't be that arsed about.
      During the 90 minutes we should be supporting Klopp and the players. They didn't raise the price of the tickets and by walking out will more than likely affect them rather than the owners.
      Sorry I just don't agree with it.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #75: Feb 05, 2016 11:00:57 am
      Also everyone who is watching Sunderland game on a stream shall turn off their PC on 77min.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #76: Feb 05, 2016 12:04:14 pm
      Quote from KS67
      I know this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You can get a ticket on the exchange? Yes you may well be able to do so. But that sort of implies the current prices are at a reasonable and acceptable amount. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I find They amount to 'shut up and accept it, pay up or shut up' which is not only flippant but a little arrogant.

And finally. Even leaving aside the club specific stuff. A huge part of the success of football and the reason it is loved worldwide is that it is the sport of the people. It doesn't have as many barriers to participation like other sports. It used to be but increasingly isn't a sport for the common man. When you continually raise the prices well above inflation, due to greed, you are slowly pricing out people. You are making it less about participation for everyone and more like the opera, for those who can afford the finer things...

Football clubs need to remember how it is that they got to be in this incredibly lofty position they now find themselves. They got there by generating loyalty and firing the emotions of the people who support the club for life.

The game should be as affordable as possible for as many as possible.

I'm sorry, but the only place where ticket prices are affordable, is Germany. This isn't Germany however, and if you want to go to a game in England, you'll have to fork out for it.

As it stands, the maximum ticket price for a home game is €80. Next year, it will be €100. Nobody is arguing that it is affordable, and I couldn't pay it either, but it's just one section of the stadium. We have 5 other sections at more affordable prices. It's not like the ticket scenario in my local league, where every seat is exactly the same price for every game, a long established and failed "take it or leave it" model. Then the clubs wonder why their grounds are deserted every week.

Back here, the yankers will argue that it's a broadly similiar rate to what other clubs charge. Certainly there are clubs that charge their fans more than us, but they still pay it. While that's the case, it's not going to change.

As regards the local community, they have their own comforts. No flight costs, no boat costs, no hospitality costs, minimal transport costs, not many souvenir shop costs, no tour/museum costs, no getting up at 3am to get to home games, no worrying if they'll make it back in time for the return boat, bus, train, or plane. These are all factors for non locals to consider before booking, and that's before ko times are changed. Without them, Anfield would look as full as the stadium in Wigan every week, with performances to match. Nobody wants that either.

On the ticket exchange, home cup tickets are readily available, and relatively cheap. Those who took advantage of it are rewarded in later rounds with greater demand. But there are ways and means of getting to home games, that don't involve the rather extreme measure RedPuppy suggests.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #77: Feb 05, 2016 12:14:38 pm
      Walking out in the 77th minute achieves nothing, sure look at th amount of fans who leave around then anyway!

Don't reappear from the bars and shops for the second half might be more eye catching but would word spread quick enough to have the majority join in?

Do they think this token protest will make anybody think again about anything?
      The only thing that matters is the gate receipts to whoever it concerns.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #78: Feb 05, 2016 12:35:10 pm
      I'm sorry, but the only place where ticket prices are affordable, is Germany. This isn't Germany however, and if you want to go to a game in England, you'll have to fork out for it.

As it stands, the maximum ticket price for a home game is €80. Next year, it will be €100. Nobody is arguing that it is affordable, and I couldn't pay it either, but it's just one section of the stadium. We have 5 other sections at more affordable prices. It's not like the ticket scenario in my local league, where every seat is exactly the same price for every game, a long established and failed "take it or leave it" model. Then the clubs wonder why their grounds are deserted every week.

Back here, the yankers will argue that it's a broadly similiar rate to what other clubs charge. Certainly there are clubs that charge their fans more than us, but they still pay it. While that's the case, it's not going to change.

As regards the local community, they have their own comforts. No flight costs, no boat costs, no hospitality costs, minimal transport costs, not many souvenir shop costs, no tour/museum costs, no getting up at 3am to get to home games, no worrying if they'll make it back in time for the return boat, bus, train, or plane. These are all factors for non locals to consider before booking, and that's before ko times are changed. Without them, Anfield would look as full as the stadium in Wigan every week, with performances to match. Nobody wants that either.

On the ticket exchange, home cup tickets are readily available, and relatively cheap. Those who took advantage of it are rewarded in later rounds with greater demand. But there are ways and means of getting to home games, that don't involve the rather extreme measure RedPuppy suggests.

It seems to me from reading this that you're happy just to accept that tickets will increase and because everyone else does it we can't complain.

I live in NI so only get to the occasional game but if I did live in Liverpool I wouldn't be able to afford to go regularly or justify the ludicrous amount it takes to go to football these days.

There will always be people willing, and able, to pay these extortionate prices but that doesn't make it right and we shave been on the slippery slope that we are proving out the regular fan who simply cannot keep paying there prices to watch their team play a game of football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #79: Feb 05, 2016 02:01:51 pm
      I'm genuinely concerned that on sat if me and my little one don't walk that we are somehow criticised for it.
      A proper organised protest at a more appropriate time would surely have more of an impact rather than a last minute walk out during a match that to be honest the owners won't be that arsed about.
      During the 90 minutes we should be supporting Klopp and the players. They didn't raise the price of the tickets and by walking out will more than likely affect them rather than the owners.
      Sorry I just don't agree with it.

Or show your kid the proper community spirit of Liverpool and what it means to be a Liverpool fan by joining in the protest, show him that at Liverpool, those that get it stand together in times of need. My season ticket are one of those on a price freeze until the end of next season, so I could play the I'm alright Jack routine, but it's about something bigger it's about showing them cu*ts there are a collective that are pissed off with them. There is nothing that planned in this, this is about seeing if there are numbers there to move forward with a protest or whether we simply sit back and comply. Up to you really, but if everyone think's the same, we might as well give up and show the apathy them cu*ts are expecting from at least half that crowd. I'd love for them to get a big shock.

And for those F***ing crying about it not being on telly, well yeah only in this country, it's still shown live around the rest of the world. As for Klopp, someone tell him, he's German, he'll understand.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2016 02:21:10 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #80: Feb 05, 2016 02:04:39 pm

I'm Spartacus!!
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #81: Feb 05, 2016 02:27:42 pm
      I've haven't done any research but i'm guessing you could watch almost any team in europe for £77.

77 pounds for 90 minutes of football.
      It makes me sick to my stomach.

Supporters need to put aside old rivalries and work together because this trend will not stop unless there is cooperation between all supporters.

We however are Liverpool football club and so we must lead the way. I have no right to ask this of any match going supporter but please show solidarity with your fellow reds and send a message to these yanks that they ignore us at their peril.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #82: Feb 05, 2016 02:28:56 pm
      Also everyone who is watching Sunderland game on a stream shall turn off their PC on 77min.

Streaming is already stealing, technically, unless it's through one of the league's TV partners. Why should anyone shut the stream off? They're already taking money away :laugh:
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #83: Feb 05, 2016 02:33:46 pm
      Or show your kid the proper community spirit of Liverpool and what it means to be a Liverpool fan by joining in the protest, show him that at Liverpool, those that get it stand together in times of need. My season ticket are one of those on a price freeze until the end of next season, so I could play the I'm alright Jack routine, but it's about something bigger it's about showing them cu*ts there are a collective that are pissed off with them. There is nothing that planned in this, this is about seeing if there are numbers there to move forward with a protest or whether we simply sit back and comply. Up to you really, but if everyone think's the same, we might as well give up and show the apathy them cu*ts are expecting from at least half that crowd. I'd love for them to get a big shock.

And for those f**king crying about it not being on telly, well yeah only in this country, it's still shown live around the rest of the world. As for Klopp, someone tell him, he's German, he'll understand.

Mate I agree with almost every single word you say in that post. It is a total disgrace what the club is doing.
      Im just putting the time I have with my kid at a football match, which is extremely rare, above everything.

That's my only priority so sorry if it upsets people that I won't be taking part in any walk out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #84: Feb 05, 2016 02:37:36 pm
      the only way to make them notice if is we don't buy tickets in the first place. Having given them your money whats the point of protesting?.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #85: Feb 05, 2016 02:41:31 pm
      Mate I agree with almost every single word you say in that post. It is a total disgrace what the club is doing.
      Im just putting the time I have with my kid at a football match, which is extremely rare, above everything.

That's my only priority so sorry if it upsets people that I won't be taking part in any walk out.

Nah that's fair and no one would knock you for that.

xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #86: Feb 05, 2016 02:49:56 pm
      the only way to make them notice if is we don't buy tickets in the first place. Having given them your money whats the point of protesting?.

Because an empty stadium is a sh*t image for one of the biggest clubs in the world to project.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #87: Feb 05, 2016 03:57:14 pm
      Local fans should do their best to stage whatever protests are necessary, but I will say as an outside (i.e. non-local and yankee b***ard) observer....there will be people to take the place of any of those that decide not to go to games anymore. LFC is so big globally, that there will always be people to pay.

Hell if you compare the price of tickets to match in England to say the cost of tickets to see an NFL game over here in the states...it's not even close. I could see two LFC  games for the price of one NFL game.

But I fully understand the issue, NFL clubs don't have the bond with their supporters that EPL clubs did (or still do in some cases).
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #88: Feb 05, 2016 06:16:20 pm
      100 % behind the fans who decide to walk out in the 77th minute, it is high time a stand was made against the owners, who seemingly care little about fleecing the supporters with obscene ticket price increases.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #89: Feb 05, 2016 07:32:58 pm
      Quote from srslfc
      It seems to me from reading this that you're happy just to accept that tickets will increase and because everyone else does it we can't complain.

I never said I was happy about it. I am however realistic. We're not going to get to pay German prices for league games. If you're going to games, everyone accepts they will pay standard English league prices to do so.

Taking a leaf out of Bayern's book, this displayed after 77 minutes would be more effective. Change the figure and it's all done for you.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #90: Feb 05, 2016 08:31:08 pm
      Ian Ayre said today nobody is being priced out of Anfield.

I am.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #91: Feb 05, 2016 08:32:25 pm
      Ian Ayre said today nobody is being priced out of Anfield.

I am.

GET A JOB! ;)

Quick Reply