Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      30 (38%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      3 (3.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      5 (6.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      James Milner
      7 (8.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Christian Benteke
      3 (3.8%)
      Joe Allen
      13 (16.5%)
      Joao Teixeira
      7 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Feb 06, 2016 09:50:26 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate

Read 34698 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #828: Feb 03, 2016 03:57:44 pm
      I did not and have no intension to, sometimes I wonder who of most the squad give a f*ck about our club, and do not give a sh*t were we finish , as long as the paycheck arrives in time

an example of high earners does not always give you results, commitment and hungry for those results DOES
       yearly wages of PL clubs
      NO# CLUB            2013-14       2014-15       2015-16
      5      Liverpool       Â£140m         Â£144m         Â£152m

17    Leicester C     -------          £36.6m         Â£48.2m

YNWA

Not for one second say that Big Sam A was a great manager, BUT what was great about him was he kept Bolton Wanderers In the prem and competitive longer than they should have, on a shoe string, with Loan deals and some great cheap buys... Now unless FSG changes it's Re-salable policy with the new TV rights deal teams like Leicester, (Stoke being another) will find it easier to buy quality players due to the extra revenue and weak Euro and we will sink further and further down the table. Remember Leicester bought in Esteban Cambiasso last season and helped keep them up) sometime FSG would never have done as he was 34 at the time). And with the money and with some smart buys Look were they are now... Maybe our first summer buy should be their head Scout
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #829: Feb 03, 2016 04:02:59 pm
      Football is a game of opinions isn't it. I read Jürgen pointed out we had played 3 more games in January than Leicester and they had 10 days off . Also we had enough of the game to create more chances but we didn't and Vardy scored a wonder goal on such details success and failure are determined.
      Going to the league leaders and restricting them to 35% possession is a fair achievement but did this play to their strengths.
      henrycolpk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #830: Feb 03, 2016 04:09:21 pm
      Seasons of bad decisions and we're here.

I said this during the match, but I'll say it again: The most annoying thing about this season overall is that we could be better if we had 2 or 3 quality player to play along with Firmino and Coutinho. I could mention Sturridge, but, well, you know...

So, It amazes me how terrible we planned this season. The committee, Rodgers and whoever else is responsible for this should be held accountable for the sh*tty season we're having. We're having the same problems we had last season: No backups(starter) for Sturridge, lack of creativity in our midfield, our defence is terrible. So, how come nobody fixed this?

One word. AYRE
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #831: Feb 03, 2016 05:19:55 pm
      Don't know why but found my LFC v Real Madrid (2009) programme in my lads bedroom last night before our game.

Page 5 was 'A word with the boss' - obviously Rafa at the time.

Headline: "Giant clubs coming to Anfield shows we're challenging for the big prizes".

Some sentences to note, sentences that would have had us then nodding:

"Generally, we know what to do in the Champions League and showed that in the Bernabeu"

"The team was really well organised and everybody had a clear idea of his role."

Last two sentences: "The main thing right now is for us to progress past Real Madrid to the last eight of the Champions League. That would set us up nicely for this weekend's trip to Old Trafford."

We beat Madrid 4-0 and then United 4-1 if I remember rightly.

In the season of Hodgeball we had 35 points after 25 games.  We've currently got 34 from 24 games.

How have we been so badly mismanaged from the top down in such a short space of time.

As a club we have never been the same since Rafa was unfairly sacked & it's going to take a while to recover, I hope Klopp gets us to those European nights once more..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #832: Feb 03, 2016 08:36:51 pm
      Two strikers fit at the same time? Are you having a laugh?

You really need to read properly. Did you read the line before or are you having a laugh?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #833: Feb 03, 2016 08:45:12 pm
      And people still go right out of their way to slag Rafa off. It's a joke. Just read those quotes. Liverpool fans go out of their way to slag him off.

Leicester fans singing that we live in the past. They're not wrong are they?

Not one of those looked like a Liverpool player. Anybody saying any of them did just has to ask themselves if they are clutching at straws and answer honestly.

As bad as I can remember.

The sports side of the club is on its f**king arse and I'm worried that with each sh*te performance and result we're slowly pulling ourselves further away from a position that where a couple of good windows could help us.

I can't envisage the possibility of being able to see a light at the end of a tunnel.

Sh*t.

You never know what you've lost til it's gone...

And some quarters wanted Rafa gone? Utter madness...

However, we have Jürgen now and he IS a top manager. Once he has his team in place, we will see what he can do. I think we'll see at least half a dozen players leaving in the summer and rightly so. Can't wait...!

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #834: Feb 03, 2016 10:03:13 pm
      Just back from a mates house, he hadn't seen the 'highlights' so I watched them (I'd not seen them either) too :( Watching the game, we had good amount of possession, but looking at the recap, they had all the good chances. Vardy and Mahrez ... shows what just two form players can do for a side ...
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #835: Feb 04, 2016 07:13:43 am
      Just back from a mates house, he hadn't seen the 'highlights' so I watched them (I'd not seen them either) too :( Watching the game, we had good amount of possession, but looking at the recap, they had all the good chances. Vardy and Mahrez ... shows what just two form players can do for a side ...

Consider our squad and the money we paid for their signature and the wages,
        Now look at teams like Leicester, Watford etc  I am sure they don't have better players than the reds
        BUT they have something LIVERPOOL do not have at the moment, Teamwork, commitment , passion, they fight for every ball, aggression, organisation
         when we played with that mentality these Liverpool players were very good and WE ALL praised them , look at the Chelsea, city games for example , those were the same players we (me included) are criticizing now
        My point is, do we have a stellar squad,? certainly NO, but I think we have a decently good squad to better our results
      If we have the right mentality , teamwork and a good fit striker
      YNWA
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #836: Feb 04, 2016 11:26:02 am
      Might I suggest they have a complete club where the Owner goes to games and cares about the results on the pitch rather than the balance sheet

This half of your post doesn't compute with this half:

But Leicester took 22 points from the last 10 games of last season which is CL top four standard then they sack the manager.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #837: Feb 05, 2016 12:18:07 am
      Completely ripped through us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu-qnzXcnJ4
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #838: Feb 05, 2016 07:15:31 am

Looking at that again confirms in my mind what a terrible match Lucas had, he was so easily bypassed a few times where he could have got a foot in to challenge.
      There again Can was just as culpable.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #839: Feb 05, 2016 12:23:38 pm
      Looking at that again confirms in my mind what a terrible match Lucas had, he was so easily bypassed a few times where he could have got a foot in to challenge.
      There again Can was just as culpable.

Mate, about 8 of our players were getting completely torn apart there.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #840: Feb 05, 2016 01:22:57 pm
      Mate, about 8 of our players were getting completely torn apart there.

Your right but it's specifically the job of Lucas and Can to break up that play rather than standing around admiring the play.
      Those should be the screen for the defenders not having to face opposition runners pouring through.

Your sentiment is right though we are not defending as a unit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #841: Feb 05, 2016 11:07:30 pm
      Your right but it's specifically the job of Lucas and Can to break up that play rather than standing around admiring the play.
      Those should be the screen for the defenders not having to face opposition runners pouring through.

Your sentiment is right though we are not defending as a unit.

Yeah Lucas and Can are in there to stop that but after getting past them I'd have liked to have thought we'd have other players capable of making amends for their mistake. Not defending as a unit is an understatement. I can't remember a game for a while now where we have been carved through like that. It was all nearly 1 touch and at a good tempo. Play a team like Barca and I would expect it likely to happen but Leicester, a team with about 3 decent players completely and utterly humiliated us there and made everyone of our players look like amateurs.

I miss the days of Mascherano because then I can confidently say that wouldn't be happening.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #842: Feb 06, 2016 11:21:33 am
      The performance wasn't bad while it was 0-0. Indeed we were arguably on top until the goal. But once we go behind, they collapse like a pack of cards. I walked out of where I was watching the game after 75 minutes, as I knew there was no hope of getting one back, let alone get a result, and I had other things to do, so I wasn't going to waste the last 15 minutes watching them feel sorry for themselves. Nothing changed.

Leicester have shown everyone that it's possible to be competitive in this league without breaking the bank to get there. No matter how much you spend, you can only ever put 11 players on a pitch at any one time to face 11 others. Indeed many of their current players are not "his" players, but there's no talk of mass clearouts needed, is there?

As for us, not particularly looking forward to the next game. As if facing Allardyce's "if it moves, kick it" rugby squad isn't difficult enough, I'm dreading Henderson's "performance" against his idols also. I will sit it out for the duration, but I think it's going to be another day of frustration on the way.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #843: Feb 06, 2016 01:10:29 pm
      The performance wasn't bad while it was 0-0. Indeed we were arguably on top until the goal. But once we go behind, they collapse like a pack of cards. I walked out of where I was watching the game after 75 minutes, as I knew there was no hope of getting one back, let alone get a result, and I had other things to do, so I wasn't going to waste the last 15 minutes watching them feel sorry for themselves. Nothing changed.

It's part time supporters like you and those who walk out early at Anfield that are a huge problem for the club right now.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #844: Feb 06, 2016 01:44:18 pm
      It's part time supporters like you and those who walk out early at Anfield that are a huge problem for the club right now.

what a great point mate he had to leave so he could write more sh*t about Rafa.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #845: Feb 06, 2016 01:47:51 pm

Not much worse than the ones who stay the whole time but don't make a sound.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #846: Feb 06, 2016 11:43:20 pm
      Quote from Magillionare
      It's supporters like you and those who walk out early at Anfield that are a huge problem for the club right now.

We have incompetent owners, a mediocre side in mid table, a full treatment room, confidence low, morale poor, players that collapse like a pack of cards at going behind, and apathy in the stands. Just for starters.

That's just the start of the huge problems we have to deal with. I'm not one of them.

Quick Reply