Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Summer Clearout and Rebuilding the Squad

Read 34394 times
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Re: The Summer Clearout and Rebuilding the Squad
      Reply #161: Feb 13, 2016 12:04:21 pm
      If history repeats itself, I feel a massive clear out will happen, and a lot of unknown quantities will replace them that hopefully will replicate the success' of Lewandowski, Kagawa etc.

But it's a big if. I feel that Klopp has realised that this league is a lot more difficult then he first thought, the gap in quality between teams is much less, no winter break to fully realise his playing style. All are factors. But the biggest factor of all is if we can negotiate the right deals, at a fair price, and not get shafted.

For me, Goalkeeper, CB, DM, at least one winger is needed. If he gets rid of Big Ben, then a replacement. But if he has a fit Sturridge, Ings than it could be a different story. I feel Ings could have the same impact as Vardy this season played in the right system.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #162: Feb 14, 2016 06:00:04 pm
      I think most on here know my thoughts on the squad and I think we don't need another summer of rebuilding.

If I was in charge of transfers and was working with Jürgen I would be looking at signing four players this summer, with the likelihood we have Grujic and Matip, and only shipping out those players that haven't been used much this season.

I'd buy the following

GK

CB

CM

ST

Nothing more than that.

Kind of show us all what can happen when we get a couple of our best players back (Couts, Studge) working with our best player so far this year (Firmino)....elevates the entire squad.

Proves your point about not needing a massive revamp...just 3-4 quality players that will slot in right off.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #163: Feb 14, 2016 06:42:43 pm
      Markovic Grujic is going to be a talent!

Players out- Bogdan (maybe ward)
      Toure
      Alberto
      Maybe Markovic
      Wisdom
      Lallana
      Balotelli
      Maybe Benteke

Positions in- GK
      CB
      Winger
      CM
      CDM
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #164: Feb 14, 2016 07:21:07 pm
      Markovic Grujic is going to be a talent!

Players out- Bogdan (maybe ward)
      Toure
      Alberto
      Maybe Markovic
      Wisdom
      Lallana
      Balotelli
      Maybe Benteke

Positions in- GK
      CB
      Winger
      CM
      CDM

Markovic, Ward Lallana I doubt are going anywhere...the rest are more than likely.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #165: Apr 24, 2016 12:13:04 am
      I'd sell: Mignolet, Bogdan, Toure, Skrtel, Ilori, Allen, Milner, Lallana, Benteke, Balotelli, Wisdom, Enrique and Alberto. We'd probably get good money for Lallana, Benteke, and Allen. I'd try and sign a goalkeeper, that Matip lad or another lad on a free to come in at centre back, a centre midfielder, two wide players, and a striker. Six signings might be a bit excessive, however, so maybe only buy one wide lad and take a chance on Ojo, Kent, or Wilson as being good enough to be the sixth.

This was my list at the time. Looking at it now, I'd make a few changes.

Currently, my list would look like:
      Mignolet, Bogdan, Enrique, Toure, Ilori, Caulker, Stewart, Skrtel, Randall, Smith, Allen, Rossiter, Teixeira, Ibe, Benteke, Sinclair, Yesil, Balotelli, Wisdom, and Alberto.

As for signings a goalkeeper, a young left back like Chilwell, Matip, a centre midfielder, a winger, and someone like Gotze would sort us out IMO. Six players, four of which walk into the first team (the goalkeeper, Matip, the midfielder, and Gotze).
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #166: Apr 24, 2016 09:18:20 am
      Don't think Mignolet will go, he maybe second choice but if he can handle that then that's fine. I think Enrique, Caulker, Texeira, Ballotelli, Ilori, Sinclair, Yesil and Benteke are probably "shoe ins" to go. I think Klopp will look at Alberto, Wisdom and Markovic when they return. I think the youngsters will stay, some loaned, not sure on Randell cos I think Wisdom would be a better shout at back up.
      So if Klopps favoured formation is the 4 2 3 1 then we deffo need to strengthen on the 2 in midfield. Allen and Hendo are back up IMO. I think Can and another for the midfield 2. If we get Gotze then I think that's enough in that 3 attacking midfield roles with Lallana and Markovic as back up. I think Origi will be the main striker so that leaves us with the question what will Sturridge decide he wants to do, will he stay or sulk and ask to leave. Ings will also be back so do we need another striker...yes. Matip will strengthen our defence so its who will partner Lovren next season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #167: Apr 24, 2016 09:57:45 am
      Can we have our Luis back please ?

Just scored another four in a game ........... second game on the bounce hes done it.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #168: Apr 25, 2016 03:41:29 pm
      This was my list at the time. Looking at it now, I'd make a few changes.

Currently, my list would look like:
      Mignolet, Bogdan, Enrique, Toure, Ilori, Caulker, Stewart, Skrtel, Randall, Smith, Allen, Rossiter, Teixeira, Ibe, Benteke, Sinclair, Yesil, Balotelli, Wisdom, and Alberto.

As for signings a goalkeeper, a young left back like Chilwell, Matip, a centre midfielder, a winger, and someone like Gotze would sort us out IMO. Six players, four of which walk into the first team (the goalkeeper, Matip, the midfielder, and Gotze).

Mmmmm interesting Barney, sell 20 players buy 6 only.....I get most are not first team players but we would then be left with younger even less Academy players to fill the gap if we suffer injuries.

Stewart and Allen I would keep.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #169: Apr 25, 2016 05:48:42 pm
      Mmmmm interesting Barney, sell 20 players buy 6 only.....I get most are not first team players but we would then be left with younger even less Academy players to fill the gap if we suffer injuries.

Stewart and Allen I would keep.

Of the players listed there, Mignolet, Toure, Stewart, Skrtel, Randall, Smith, Allen, Ibe, and Benteke are the only ones who will play five or more games for us this season. That's just 9 players.

I'd make those six signings, but what you also have to remember is that we've got Markovic and Grujic coming in too. That's 8. It's really not a big clear out. Also, the likes of Adam Phillips will be moving up to the u21s next season so we can give someone like him a chance. Also the likes of Chirivella, Ojo, Wilson, Kent, Branagan, etc. all need more chances next season too.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #170: Apr 28, 2016 04:53:44 pm
      Buy
      GK - Ter Stegen  - 20-25mil , a 25Mil LB , Mario Gotze - 25-30mil ,Striker - Lacazzeti - 25mil = total roughly 120 Mil with fee etc

Sell
      Skrtel - 8-10mil
      Bogdan - 2mil
      Benteke (if JK dont want to play him) - 25mil
      Lucas - 8- 10 mil
      Allen - 10 mil
      Henderson - 15-20 mil
      Anyone who's deal has ran out we let go so wages off the books, Enreque, kolo etc

evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #171: Apr 28, 2016 05:42:57 pm
      Can we have our Luis back please ?

Just scored another four in a game ........... second game on the bounce hes done it.

Would be nice, but I don't think he fully enjoyed his time at Liverpool. I think he prefers being in Barca
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #172: Apr 28, 2016 05:47:08 pm
      Buy
      GK - Ter Stegen  - 20-25mil , a 25Mil LB , Mario Gotze - 25-30mil ,Striker - Lacazzeti - 25mil = total roughly 120 Mil with fee etc

Sell
      Skrtel - 8-10mil
      Bogdan - 2mil
      Lucas - 8- 10 mil
      Allen - 10 mil
      Henderson - 15-20 mil
      Anyone who's deal has ran out we let go so wages off the books, Enreque, kolo etc

Firstly, what left back is there that is worth 25m that we'd actually be able to get? Secondly, there's not a chance that we sign an expensive striker without getting rid of someone + Benteke. Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Firmino, and another would be excessive.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #173: Apr 28, 2016 05:47:30 pm
      Buy

Sell
      Skrtel - 8-10mil
      Bogdan - 2mil
      Lucas - 8- 10 mil
      Allen - 10 mil
      Henderson - 15-20 mil

Wouldn't be too sad if the players on your list got sold tbh, because there surely are better players than them, many more really.
      Time to improve on the standard of player we place in the starting 11, being sentimental won't really give us what we all desire.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #174: Apr 28, 2016 05:53:01 pm
      I think most on here know my thoughts on the squad and I think we don't need another summer of rebuilding.

If I was in charge of transfers and was working with Jürgen I would be looking at signing four players this summer, with the likelihood we have Grujic and Matip, and only shipping out those players that haven't been used much this season.

I'd buy the following

GK

CB

CM

ST

Nothing more than that.

We need competition for Moreno.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #175: Apr 28, 2016 06:03:44 pm

R.Rodriguez is the only one I can really think of.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #176: Apr 28, 2016 06:07:48 pm
      Buy

Sell
      Skrtel - 5m. Not worth more than 5, we want shut of him we can't ask for 8m.
      Bogdan - 2mil
      Lucas - 8- 10 mil
      Allen - 10 milHe earn't another couple of seasons with his performances this season
      Henderson - 15. We over paid for him, we won't get near 20m for him.
      Mostly agree, my alterations in red.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #177: Apr 28, 2016 06:21:18 pm
      Would be nice, but I don't think he fully enjoyed his time at Liverpool. I think he prefers being in Barca

I lived there until recently and my oldest ...now 14 ...was born there.
      Great city. Always a surprise around every corner.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #178: Apr 29, 2016 12:11:53 am
      Kolo, Skrtel, Enrique, Ilori, Alberto, Texiera, Ibe, Benteke and whoever is on loan (other than Markovic) ought to be sold. Not big on Ibe. Think he's one dimensional and predictable at the best of times. Maybe a loan is the best option for him (given his age), although I cannot see him making it here.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #179: Apr 29, 2016 12:17:59 am
      Kolo, Skrtel, Enrique, Ilori, Alberto, Texiera, Ibe, Benteke and whoever is on loan (other than Markovic) ought to be sold. Not big on Ibe. Think he's one dimensional and predictable at the best of times. Maybe a loan is the best option for him (given his age), although I cannot see him making it here.

Not sure about Kolo. Apparently a big personality and voice around the squad. You need that.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #180: Apr 29, 2016 01:12:57 am
      Not sure about Kolo. Apparently a big personality and voice around the squad. You need that.

I echo this. I would love to bring Kolo back for another season. Not a bad backup CB at all in my opinion.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #181: Apr 29, 2016 02:12:50 am
      I echo this. I would love to bring Kolo back for another season. Not a bad backup CB at all in my opinion.

hes not good enough anymore, he does not push any current defender (who are all pretty average) for a starting position.

give him a season ticket and the mascot uniform.

but we need to improve - keeping players that are over the hill is not the way forward
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #182: Apr 29, 2016 02:22:10 am

he is nott telling them how to stay calm when in the lead, the basics of defending or being a calming influence on the pitch. but im sure hes a giggle around the squad so lets not get better for the sake of the jokes he brings  :mad:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #183: Apr 29, 2016 06:22:37 am
      Lucas - 8- 10 mil
      Allen - 10 mil
      Henderson - 15-20 mil

Why really would we sell Lucas, Allen and Hendo..we are trying to build a team and have quality depth.

BTW Pep already said he wants Ter Stegen and undoubtedly he will get him no matter the cost.

Quick Reply