Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Respectable Team??

Read 1622 times
      TheForge
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 22 posts |
      Respectable Team??
      Feb 03, 2016 10:37:32 pm
      Barcelona just put up a 7 Burger on Valencia in the Copa Del Rey with Suarez-Messi-Neymar.  I am pretty sure they would be no match for the attacking dynamo of our three headed monster: Lallana-Benteke-Milner.

I have long since given up the idea that we are a big or world-class club, but can we at least field a respectable starting 11 out there?  Our squad is actually markedly inferior to Spurs.  How sad is that?  Get rid of the transfer committee.  Let's live and die by Klopp and not have him worry about whose feelings he hurts.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2016 10:54:58 pm by TheForge »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,186 posts | 832 
      Re: Respectable Team??
      Reply #1: Feb 03, 2016 10:42:55 pm
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2: Feb 03, 2016 10:59:29 pm
      We need players of the Gundogan ilk in our midfield . To see Danny Drinkwater bully our captain off the ball was the pits , F***ing embarrassing to say the least . We need to start with the defence and GK , Clyne the only one i'd keep , Sign Ter Stegen , a lunatic cb like Popadopoulis from Leverkausen , we're a bunch of pussies at defending .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #3: Feb 03, 2016 11:04:22 pm
      No idea what point this thread is trying to make.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Feb 03, 2016 11:05:40 pm

I'm not alone then :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #5: Feb 03, 2016 11:07:54 pm
      There is at least 3 of these threads already open.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #6: Feb 03, 2016 11:11:00 pm
      By the time I wake in the morning I would think this thread will be history , no need .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #7: Feb 03, 2016 11:11:49 pm

Absolutely pointless.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #8: Feb 03, 2016 11:14:39 pm

Someone wants their own slice of the piss and moan pie.
      TheForge
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 22 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 03, 2016 11:14:41 pm

I'll make it a little easier to understand.  There are many threads about "which players we should keep or let go?"  I am saying that, given the recent shambolic deterioration of the squad, that is the wrong question to be asking.  We shouldn't be talking about overhauling the whole squad but rather overhauling our decision-making process and the individuals behind it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #10: Feb 03, 2016 11:31:47 pm
      I'll make it a little easier to understand.  There are many threads about "which players we should keep or let go?"  I am saying that, given the recent shambolic deterioration of the squad, that is the wrong question to be asking.  We shouldn't be talking about overhauling the whole squad but rather overhauling our decision-making process and the individuals behind it.
      And that discussion isn't going on in at least two or three other threads?

(Klopp, Transfer Committee and FSG threads)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #11: Feb 03, 2016 11:37:54 pm

Very good post on this by 5timesacharm in "The Summer Clearout and Rebuilding the Squad" topic.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48503.0.html
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #12: Feb 04, 2016 03:47:54 am

That Gary Neville has literally no clue what he is doing?

See you Monday night for some slow-motion analysis of the goals Gary!  :lmao:
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #13: Feb 04, 2016 09:30:35 am
      Yet you just couldn't help yourself. Twice.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14: Feb 04, 2016 11:23:58 am
      Barcelona just put up a 7 Burger on Valencia in the Copa Del Rey with Suarez-Messi-Neymar.  I am pretty sure they would be no match for the attacking dynamo of our three headed monster: Lallana-Benteke-Milner.

I have long since given up the idea that we are a big or world-class club, but can we at least field a respectable starting 11 out there?  Our squad is actually markedly inferior to Spurs.  How sad is that?  Get rid of the transfer committee.  Let's live and die by Klopp and not have him worry about whose feelings he hurts.
      I mention this someway back......Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      → Reply #21975 : July 19, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »

[/quote]Just feel that we could be and should be doing so much better in the transfer market, Tottenham are coming on leaps and bounds player wise while we a creeping along,Both Man Utd and Chelsea have vastly improved thier squad, Arsenal have made major improvements in the Goal keeping  area, City are the only ones in the Top 4 who has made little to no progress this window yet we know how strong they are... Realistically It is 5th spot that we are *fitting for* this season, when it should have been so much better[/quote]
      N.B.* should have read "fighting for"..... and was answered with this "What have spurs done to deserve so much praise? Take Kane out of that team and you remove most of their goal threat.".... too many here see things happening around them yet still believe that we are still a team to contend with, were as in truth we have not been  a team to contend with on a regular basis since 2008/09... everyone seems to be stealing a march on us, we have even traded places with Stoke as to being a mid table team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #15: Feb 04, 2016 11:28:32 am
      Yet you just couldn't help yourself. Twice.

That's right mate.

I'll go for a third if you like?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #16: Feb 04, 2016 12:06:43 pm
      Yawn.

Quick Reply