Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion

Read 31025 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion
      Reply #759: Feb 06, 2016 09:40:35 pm
      just watched Defoe out muscle Sakho what a joke
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #760: Feb 06, 2016 10:15:33 pm
      The only world class talent that we've sold under Rodgers/FSG has been Suarez. And that was after they did everything they could to keep him another year. If you want to include Sterling, we can, but he effectively made his position untenable by behaving like a c**t with his agent. We weren't a world class team before FSG came in, we're not a world class team now. To blame it on them is a F***ing nonsense.

You're entitled to your opinion.
      I said Fighters/Lunatics/World Class Talent

Of course if you want to go ahead and claim that's the only point I'm making or that FSG haven't made keeping tight reins on the wage bill their priority then that is what's F***ing nonsense.

A team of Yes Men, and average ones at that.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #761: Feb 06, 2016 10:15:37 pm
      We are reaping the results of epic mismanagement
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #762: Feb 06, 2016 10:22:05 pm
      We are reaping the results of epic mismanagement

I would love someone to come and give you an argument. 5 years on lying in mid table AGAIN I want to know what FSG are doing .
      They want people to pay even more next season to watch a team that struggle to beat most teams at Anfield.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #764: Feb 06, 2016 10:49:22 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #765: Feb 06, 2016 10:55:54 pm
      I can't think of anything more depressing than losing a 2 goal lead to Sunderland in the last 10 mins and to top it all their manager if Fat Sam
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #766: Feb 06, 2016 10:57:03 pm
      Think I'll pass on that one OR, but thanks anyway.

Likewise.

I'll struggle through the highlights on MOTD.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #767: Feb 06, 2016 11:10:31 pm
      Well seen the highlights, looking like we should have been out of sight, but old habits die hard! Migs was dirt as usual, Klopp's faith in him has actually got me worried now, you can't build a house out of sh*t!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #768: Feb 06, 2016 11:16:43 pm
      Some 6 hours later and I still feel like it was a loss.

Getting harder and harder to keep walking on with hope in our hearts!

These clowns running around the pitch last night, bar Firminio, need to fix this sh*t and soon.

Breaking our hearts every F***ing 3 days!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #769: Feb 06, 2016 11:22:43 pm
      Havent been commenting a lot on this forum lately. Never was a very active memeber, usually just enjoyed the good read. Most people here know that i usually only write when i feel i have something important to say.

This team has been sub par for years. It was when Suarez was here and it still is. Most people here used to praise the talent oh Henderson, Sterling, and a lot of others. Perhaps being from a way different backround than you i see football in a different way, but thats what i always percieved.

Think most of the lads here have finally realized that most if not all of the squad is average at best. And its not the players fault. Ever. Its not Mignolets fault hes playing for LFC anymore than it is Sakho. Bad transfer decissions are not the players fault.

We as a club has squandered our immediate future. Sick and tired of the "other clubs spend more than us" crap.With far less money than Liverpool has spent in the last 5 years, i bet you could find dozens if not hundreds of clubs that did way better. Poor eye for talent has and will cost us the immediate future, i dont see a short term solution to get us to where we belong, bar a massive cash infusion by the owners, again.

Unfortunately i think Suarez hurt the club in making some believe there was talent where there wasnt. At least 9 LFC players wouldnt walk into any Spanish, Italian, and German ( jury still out on English) clubs. That says a lot, and its the sad truth if we intend to return to the spot where we belong. A spot we never should have left. We are F***ing European Royalty

We have one of the best managers in the world, and i think he can turn this around next season with a team OF HIS CHOOSING, not the average bunch of players he inherited . Why he didnt hit the winter market is beyond me but he must have his reasons and i respect them, after all, im just an armchair manager and hes, weel, hes JK!

Sorry for the rant, cheers

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #770: Feb 06, 2016 11:24:44 pm
      I can't think of anything more depressing than losing a 2 goal lead to Sunderland in the last 10 mins and to top it all their manager if Fat Sam

Real low point in the season for me this:(
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #771: Feb 06, 2016 11:33:33 pm
      At the minute, the nearest captain is Jon Flanagan.

Am I being biased because he's born and bred Liverpudlian? No, because he's shown far more guts and bravity than all combined in his short appearance so far this year.

Says it all when our most captain like at the minute is one who hasn't played in 18 months. Brad Smith has shown more balls than wimps like Moreno, for goodness sake.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #772: Feb 06, 2016 11:37:19 pm
      So I finally got to watch the game. You know the sad part, when we went up 2-0 and the announcer said that would do it, I was saying to myself....nope, Sunderland will get back in this.

Is there any way that we get Ward in between the sticks against West Ham?

Really thought we played pretty well most of the game and I like the understanding that Lallana and Firmino seem to be developing, but why do we roll over when we get a lead?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #773: Feb 06, 2016 11:38:34 pm
      At the minute, the nearest captain is Jon Flanagan.

Am I being biased because he's born and bred Liverpudlian? No, because he's shown far more guts and bravity than all combined in his short appearance so far this year.

Says it all when our most captain like at the minute is one who hasn't played in 18 months. Brad Smith has shown more balls than wimps like Moreno, for goodness sake.

I'm not sure what Flanagan has ever shown to be considered a captain. I know you are frustrated but that doesn't even make any sense. If I was going to give the armband to any of the players that aren't wearing it, it'd be Firmino or possibly even Joe Allen.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #774: Feb 06, 2016 11:43:08 pm
      Game went exactly as I expected. Allardyce has never won a league game here. Why would he with the way he sets his teams up? So it was one way traffic for 80 odd minutes, they contributed nothing to the game even when we were 2-0 up. Even still, Hendo against Sunderland was well, Hendo against Sunderland. He's just not up for it.

YNWA was belted out at 75 mins, a sure sign that the protest was going ahead as planned. The rest of the game was played in a surreal atmosphere, and I think it did affect the players concentration. Under no pressure, Moreno gives away a free kick and well, you know the rest. With two more injuries to rub it in.

Last year it finished 0-0, and was every bit as frustrating as this one. Since Rodgers left, we have won 2 home games from 8 in the league, a win rate of 25%. The next 4 games are away, should we beat West Ham for the final time at Upton Park. If not, it's just 3 games until Augsburg show up for 6pm on a Thursday night.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #775: Feb 07, 2016 12:37:30 am
      Don't think it was that bad of a performance. We largely played well and intelligently, but were let down through two individual errors from Sakho and Mignolet. I thought we showed patience, were calm, and we created four or five good chances against a Sunderland side that defended with 10 men. If Mignolet doesn't make the mistake on the free kick, it ends a totally different game.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #776: Feb 07, 2016 08:10:59 am
      We are all victims of confirmation bias. John Flanagan is a perfect example of it... people think he's the best thing ever, don't get me wrong he's got heart and will bust a tackle and that's better than some, but he is average at best. We have 4 players maybe who are better than good but we are asking them to play with less than good players, ya get me? Suarez for instance is now at a whole new level...cause he's playing with top players.

Example of our bias at its worst won us 50m on sterling who defys the suarez logic above. He wasnt brilliant at us, he was just better than our avg good. Now he's shown to be poorer than the average of very good but that I'm itself doesn't lift you up to very good.

Basically we are where we are because of very very poor signings. 13/14 should have been the year of a change of the sh*te. We made 9 transfers for "first team" "GOALSCORERS" for LIVERPOOL.... and got average at best.

As insanity is repeating the same mistake again and again. Hopefully Grujic is the start of a full mindset change and in 3 windows we will have 8\11 very good / great players instead of 2/11 in our starting 11.

1st up out the door in summer - I'll be pragmatic;
      Lovren - lack of confidence
      Skrtel - common denominator
      Toure - it's time. cheers
      Lucas - it's time
      Milner - nice guy
      Allen - nice guy
      Ibe - see sterling comment above. 1  year loan now to a BPL and if he doesn't light up the league, sell
      Benteke - zero confidence

Replace all above with hard better and confident.

Drop and replace:
      Migs - good no.2. Or sell
      Hendo - no longer captain / cup captain
      Lallana - good impact sub / cup team

That's enough for 1 window.

I'll be very happy but for now it's dig your heels in and try retain ~7th because that is the best Klopp can get from this lot.

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #777: Feb 07, 2016 09:20:57 am
      We are all victims of confirmation bias. John Flanagan is a perfect example of it... people think he's the best thing ever, don't get me wrong he's got heart and will bust a tackle and that's better than some, but he is average at best. We have 4 players maybe who are better than good but we are asking them to play with less than good players, ya get me? Suarez for instance is now at a whole new level...cause he's playing with top players.

Example of our bias at its worst won us 50m on sterling who defys the suarez logic above. He wasnt brilliant at us, he was just better than our avg good. Now he's shown to be poorer than the average of very good but that I'm itself doesn't lift you up to very good.

Basically we are where we are because of very very poor signings. 13/14 should have been the year of a change of the sh*te. We made 9 transfers for "first team" "GOALSCORERS" for LIVERPOOL.... and got average at best.

As insanity is repeating the same mistake again and again. Hopefully Grujic is the start of a full mindset change and in 3 windows we will have 8\11 very good / great players instead of 2/11 in our starting 11.

1st up out the door in summer - I'll be pragmatic;
      Lovren - lack of confidence
      Skrtel - common denominator
      Toure - it's time. cheers
      Lucas - it's time
      Milner - nice guy
      Allen - nice guy
      Ibe - see sterling comment above. 1  year loan now to a BPL and if he doesn't light up the league, sell
      Benteke - zero confidence

Replace all above with hard better and confident.

Drop and replace:
      Migs - good no.2. Or sell
      Hendo - no longer captain / cup captain
      Lallana - good impact sub / cup team

That's enough for 1 window.

I'll be very happy but for now it's dig your heels in and try retain ~7th because that is the best Klopp can get from this lot.

Mate the only way we are getting rid of some of those players mentioned above is if we get them kidnapped by the sas while they are asleep.

We will literally have to take massive losses on most of them. Or pay most of their wages in a loan deal.

Plus I would certainly not get rid of Ibe or Lucas.

Lucas would be my captain if it was my choice.

The good news is the sas could probably take Mignolet during a match and he or we wouldn't even notice.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #778: Feb 07, 2016 09:34:05 am
      Mate the only way we are getting rid of some of those players mentioned above is if we get them kidnapped by the sas while they are asleep.

We will literally have to take massive losses on most of them. Or pay most of their wages in a loan deal.

Plus I would certainly not get rid of Ibe or Lucas.

Lucas would be my captain if it was my choice.

The good news is the sas could probably take Mignolet during a match and he or we wouldn't even notice.

Understand the sentiment toward Lucas, but he isn't captain material in my book. I don't think we have anyone worthy of that privelage if I'm totally honest.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #779: Feb 07, 2016 09:59:58 am

This is the problem.  We have overpaid massively on a lot of players and have effectively wasted things like the Suarez and Sterling money and the last 4 years worth of sponsorship deals/TV money.

Total transfer fees for our current squad are around £300M.

I honestly think we would struggle to get half that for them.

The fact the transfer committee remains is probably the biggest scandal at Liverpool at present - and they have some pretty big headaches to deal with!
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #780: Feb 07, 2016 10:20:33 am
      Just watched the highlights, they had 3 chances, put one in the side netting and scored from the other 2, so we could have lost. It literally is a case of we may as well play without a goalkeeper. I know he makes the odd save, but we need more than that don't we?

What the F**k is going on with our defence
      , its heart breaking.

See you next season, I am off now.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #781: Feb 07, 2016 10:38:13 am
      This is the problem.  We have overpaid massively on a lot of players and have effectively wasted things like the Suarez and Sterling money and the last 4 years worth of sponsorship deals/TV money.

Total transfer fees for our current squad are around £300M.

I honestly think we would struggle to get half that for them.

The fact the transfer committee remains is probably the biggest scandal at Liverpool at present - and they have some pretty big headaches to deal with!

They might still think they're doing well. Higher ground capacity, ticket prices, sponsorship, TV rights, moderate wage bill, lower transfer outlay, etc...

No let up in entertainment value as well, individual errors, narrow score lines and such.  :mad:

Quick Reply