Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Walkout 77'!

Read 30037 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Walkout 77'!
      Feb 07, 2016 12:18:43 am
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/in-pictures-anfield-walkout-ticket-price-protest
      Liverpool supporters staged a walkout protest in the 77th minute in reaction to the club announcing ticket prices of up to £77 for next season.

OK i know that the ticket prices are ridiculously expensive and that you have to do something about it,but what good came out of it?Nothing!
      We sent the message to our owners that we are unhappy with the prices but they dont give a F**k,all that we did with that gesture is that we have left our players out on the cold,alone,and they conceded two goals and dropped two points today.
      Your gonna say that its not the fans fault for keepers bad keeping or defences bad defending,but you dont know that,maybe the things could be different if the stands stayed packed today all 90 minutes.

All i am trying to say is that this protest is not doing any good to anyone,we should try something else like send a fans representative,let him talk to the owners representative,let them work something out,maybe something good comes from it.

You just cant leave the stadium before the end of the match,you allready payed full price to enter so i dont see a purpose of that protest.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #1: Feb 07, 2016 12:20:53 am
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/in-pictures-anfield-walkout-ticket-price-protest
      Liverpool supporters staged a walkout protest in the 77th minute in reaction to the club announcing ticket prices of up to £77 for next season.

OK i know that the ticket prices are ridiculously expensive and that you have to do something about it,but what good came out of it?Nothing!
      We sent the message to our owners that we are unhappy with the prices but they dont give a F**k,all that we did with that gesture is that we have left our players out on the cold,alone,and they conceded two goals and dropped two points today.
      Your gonna say that its not the fans fault for keepers bad keeping or defences bad defending,but you dont know that,maybe the things could be different if the stands stayed packed today all 90 minutes.

All i am trying to say is that this protest is not doing any good to anyone,we should try something else like send a fans representative,let him talk to the owners representative,let them work something out,maybe something good comes from it.

You just cant leave the stadium before the end of the match,you allready payed full price to enter so i dont see a purpose of that protest.

Maybe you should do a bit of research Pear.

There have been supporters groups taking to the club for well over a year now.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2016 12:23:04 am

Well guess what, we F***ing did!!

Suck it up, scouse solidarnosc is here to stay  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2016 12:24:45 am

And what happened?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2016 12:24:54 am
      Well guess what, we F***ing did!!

Were you at the game HR?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2016 12:26:50 am

It still does not justify the act of leaving the stadium in the middle of the game.
      kinglenny1892
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 07, 2016 12:27:28 am
      E
      Well guess what, we f**king did!!

Erm ...The owners still got their money. Don't really think they give a toss but hey at least you missed the 2 goals conceded.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #7: Feb 07, 2016 12:27:56 am
      It still does not justify the act of leaving the stadium in the middle of the game.

I, and many thousands of others, think it is justified.

E
      Erm ...The owners still got their money. Don't really think they give a toss but hey at least you missed the 2 goals conceded.

I don't think you get it mate.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #8: Feb 07, 2016 12:30:46 am
      And if you we really wanna make a statement than every single fan should leave the game,not less than half...Think that is something that would make owners question their decisions.
      I was a part of the boycott when every single fan left the stadium at the half time,maybe 50 fans stayed,and we did that more than once and we did it,chairman stepped down not long after that.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #9: Feb 07, 2016 12:33:46 am

Yeah,like 3-4 thousands think that its wrong and really like what you did there,but we have to do something about the 30.000 that stayed there...
      At least the majority of the fans most do that and protest after,until that happens i dontthink that FSG will pay any attention to the fans :( i am sorry to say that
      kinglenny1892
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #10: Feb 07, 2016 12:46:10 am

Oh I get it totally but leaving on 77th minute will not bear fruit. The owners are investing £260million on the anfield redevelopment ,interest free. Not taking into account TV money the extra revenue from the stadium expansion will take 10 years for them to recoup this investment. Don't forget this is all to move the ground out of the dark ages and make us competitive again (Which frankly we haven't been for 26 years) and won't be for a while yet. We can have it both ways! You want investment without prices going up? In times of austerity? I think a lot of people need to start supporting the TEAM and not whining because things aren't going their way.Will be very interested to hear Klopps take on this. Fans were leaving at 83 mins anyway. 6 mins earlier will not  have made one iota of difference. If we are to make a difference then boycott games. Don't go at all.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Feb 07, 2016 01:53:34 am
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #12: Feb 07, 2016 02:02:52 am
      Yes i know that,but still that is not going to change anything!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #13: Feb 07, 2016 02:04:09 am

Hes a good lad! I agree with the sentiment, I just dont see the point though. What is the next step? Same thing for next match? or is this it?

Is there a follow through plan? Or was this it?

Like I said before, it wont make a jot of difference, money talks. If everyone agrees thats it, no more matches, until they change the stance on prices, then that will work. However, as far as things stand, the next match, everyone has their ticket, and they will attend, and will stay, and will make this protest defunct.

And its no use preaching about the "point" of this particular protest, because how I see it, if the next match is same as old, then it was pointless. What has this achieved? For one match, thousands have shown they are not happy, next match, those seats are filled again.

And this protest will be forgotten as quickly as the 2-0 lead we had.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #14: Feb 07, 2016 02:20:59 am
      Hes a good lad! I agree with the sentiment, I just dont see the point though. What is the next step? Same thing for next match? or is this it?

Is there a follow through plan? Or was this it?

Like I said before, it wont make a jot of difference, money talks. If everyone agrees thats it, no more matches, until they change the stance on prices, then that will work. However, as far as things stand, the next match, everyone has their ticket, and they will attend, and will stay, and will make this protest defunct.

And its no use preaching about the "point" of this particular protest, because how I see it, if the next match is same as old, then it was pointless. What has this achieved? For one match, thousands have shown they are not happy, next match, those seats are filled again.

And this protest will be forgotten as quickly as the 2-0 lead we had.

It's the damage to the image of FSG and their commercial viability that hurts them mate, not losing a few quid from seats that they would just sell elsewhere. Losing £20million because a company decides they would rather not sponsor a club in a highly publicised fight with the supporters IS the way to hurt FSG, or at least make them think twice about the paltry couple of million they are trying to squeeze out of supporters.

We all saw the way Standard Charter whined like little girls over the Suarez incident, they will be whining again once they read the headlines about the walkout.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Feb 07, 2016 02:22:34 am
      Yes i know that,but still that is not going to change anything!

Quit the shitty attitude. I don't post based on what you may or may not already know.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #16: Feb 07, 2016 02:31:35 am
      Quit the shitty attitude. I don't post based on what you may or may not already know.
      That is not mine attitude,thats a fact.
      Until this protest dont go massive we are not gonna make much impact,not unless queen walks out in sign of a protest.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #17: Feb 07, 2016 02:33:07 am

Yes.

As for the other 'I'm alright Jacks' and the "it won't make any difference" crew, we know, most know the game and match we used to love and enjoy attending is gone, we're slowly being eradicated in favour of the bland 'customer' fanbase armed with their liverworld bags and camera phones to film everything, but you and others forgot we're the city that dares to fight back, judging by today, the fightback is starting.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #18: Feb 07, 2016 02:40:32 am
      Yes.

As for the other 'I'm alright Jacks' and the "it won't make any difference" crew, we know, most know the game and match we used to love and enjoy attending is gone, we're slowly being eradicated in favour of the bland 'customer' fanbase armed with their liverworld bags and camera phones to film everything, but you and others forgot we're the city that dares to fight back, judging by today, the fightback is starting.
      I hope this will go massive and it change something.
      I am the guy that likes to see true hard core fans on the stands rather than any other with phones and cameras in their hands,those fans that just wanna take a picture and tag themselves on facebook and sh*t like that.
      I wish this makes a difference against modern football.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #19: Feb 07, 2016 02:44:03 am
      Yes.

Is it a fightback? or a one off?

Whats the next step?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20: Feb 07, 2016 02:47:44 am

Whats the next step?

Contacting the sponsors

Subway is apparently the first on the list.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #21: Feb 07, 2016 02:50:31 am

Whats the next step?

Who knows, I'm not actually involved in any groups, I just go the match and decided that it was the right thing to do.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #22: Feb 07, 2016 03:16:44 am
      Fair enough mate, and I do agree with the sentiment, I just want to see something that will work. This got attention, as it should have, but if this is all there is, then what was the point? It needs a follow up, it needs to be sustained, it needs a constant jab in the direction of FSG that we are not happy.

Anything that can get us all involved, because as many have mentioned, not all of us can get to matches, but we all love the club, we will support it, but for me im tired of empty gestures all around. To me, the SOS offer one off "lets get under the skin" kind of rallies without a clear goal, this 77 minute thing being the latest. We need to be able to get a plan together, SOS have never been able to do that.

I think all supporters should boycott paying for seats. Its the simplest thing, however like I have said before, there are always people ready to pay for that ticket that is left.

I dont have the brains to find the solution which is why I am asking, what is next?

Quick Reply