Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Walkout 77'!

Read 30028 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,076 posts | 2750 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #23: Feb 07, 2016 08:35:02 am
      Its an awful pity that mignolet didn't join in in 77 minutes and walk out
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #24: Feb 07, 2016 08:40:29 am
      Have to say - there are a lot of naysayers on here, and in general regarding the walkout... What will it achieve, what good will it do, etc etc... I cant stand this attitude - its beyond weak. From my view it is essentially 'it wont change so why should we bother trying' - what a terrible life attitude that is.

Reality is, this issue is a lot bigger than just Liverpool... We are the first club to take a stand, but the movement needs to be Premiership wide. I did hear theat some City fans left on 77mins too (although not too sure how true this is) but this needs to be number of clubs.

If the whole league started doing this it would make a massive impact. Imagine 8 games on the same day at 80 mins with empty stadiums! Can anyone really tell me that wouldn't make a difference?

The real question is do we want better prices on tickets - or the removal of NESV?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Feb 07, 2016 08:49:54 am
      Shankly ...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,580 posts | 6916 
      Reply #26: Feb 07, 2016 08:57:03 am
      Well done to the supporters who took a stand.

Like even Alan Shearer said, in a season when clubs are getting £40M extra from TV money - NO fan should be expected to pay a penny more next season.

When I look at Liverpool handing out £20M 5 year deals to the likes of Mignolet, or paying £50M for players who are loaned abroad I feel massively angry that the club have also decided to raid ordinary fans wallets for an unnecessary £2M.

Pure greed.

If I had been there I would have walked out too.

The sooner the club backtrack and realise they are doing more than £2M worth of PR damage the better.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: Feb 07, 2016 09:06:07 am
      Right behind the 77 minute walk out, hopefully it will gain the attention & momentum and send a message to FSG enough is enough.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,076 posts | 2750 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Feb 07, 2016 09:07:45 am
      2 best sides in Europe by a distance Barce and Bayern, look at what price you can get tickets for there games or indeed a season ticket for them.

We're probably paying too much as it is for match tickets before any increase comes in. Can't see how people don't see the positive from what the supporters did yesterday. But I reiterate what I said in the match thread I'd have no bad feeling towards those that stayed to support the team, there was no wrong in that either
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #29: Feb 07, 2016 09:13:44 am
      We are a mid table team we should be paying no more than Watford supporters do for home tickets.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30: Feb 07, 2016 09:17:20 am
      The walkout was intended highlight the unfair ticket prices, it was seen all ove the world, job done as far as I'm concerned.
      I wasn't about hitting the owners in the pocket, that can't be done since the owners will not lose out unless their is a full boycott of matches, but even then it's the club's finances that will take the hit, not John Henry and his good old boys, but it may well lead to prices coming down eventually.

Ian Ayres has managed to make an even bigger pr**k of himself after his statement, for a guy that claims to be a Liverpool fan he's an embarrassment.
      kinglenny1892
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 07, 2016 09:20:56 am
      We are a mid table team we should be paying no more than Watford supporters do for home tickets.

Totally agree baz but we should have kept the ground as it is then. If we weren't redeveloping then FSG wouldnt be raising prices and would be a happy mid table team with an antique ground.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #32: Feb 07, 2016 09:21:14 am
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #33: Feb 07, 2016 09:23:02 am
      Oh I get it totally but leaving on 77th minute will not bear fruit. The owners are investing £260million on the anfield redevelopment ,interest free. Not taking into account TV money the extra revenue from the stadium expansion will take 10 years for them to recoup this investment. Don't forget this is all to move the ground out of the dark ages and make us competitive again (Which frankly we haven't been for 26 years) and won't be for a while yet. We can have it both ways! You want investment without prices going up? In times of austerity? I think a lot of people need to start supporting the TEAM and not whining because things aren't going their way.Will be very interested to hear Klopps take on this. Fans were leaving at 83 mins anyway. 6 mins earlier will not  have made one iota of difference. If we are to make a difference then boycott games. Don't go at all.

Times of austerity? ;D. You sound like a tory trying to convince the masses that the forced austerity measures are actually needed. Well, guess what? It isn't true! And the owners are pulling a similar stunt, ie, ripping people off!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #34: Feb 07, 2016 09:25:45 am
      Yes i know that,but still that is not going to change anything!

It shows how he cares! A local lad voicing his opinion!

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #35: Feb 07, 2016 09:28:34 am
      That is not mine attitude,thats a fact.
      Until this protest dont go massive we are not gonna make much impact,not unless queen walks out in sign of a protest.

It may not make a massive statement but it certainly gets news coverage and draws attention to the situation everywhere it is aired.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #36: Feb 07, 2016 09:29:23 am
      Its an awful pity that mignolet didn't join in in 77 minutes and walk out

Thought the General concensus is that he did. How else does that Free kick go in?

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Feb 07, 2016 09:32:16 am

Bit rich coming from Carra now I have no doubts in my mind that he wouldn't have ssaid a thing had he still been on the payroll. His and Gerrard's book is littered with the " I am just a player my job is to play football" during the HG terror none of them spoke about any of the issues and things were a lot more F***ing dire than prices of tickets increasing.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #38: Feb 07, 2016 09:57:48 am
      The FA needs to step in regarding ticket pricing as it will benefit them in the long run. Lower ticket pricing means a wider audience and in the long term increases participation at lower level football. It's purely a money game these days, so I can't see them stepping in until it's too late. Most sports are heading this way now. I was talking to a friend the other day and he paid £18 to watch a non league game.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #39: Feb 07, 2016 10:01:43 am
      I believe in walking out, doing whatever needs to be done. The 1% control things because we let them. FSG are not LFC, they are investors looking to make money out of us. The fans are the club. The new fans will come on board if they see us as having the kind of atmosphere we traditionally have. Ticket hikes could kill that. FSG should work harder for their money and look long term.
      ruthcity

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #40: Feb 07, 2016 10:10:34 am
      This is Liverpool. No way we'd pay London prices. Absurd to be paying prices similar to London.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,482 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Feb 07, 2016 10:11:11 am

Like even Alan Shearer said, in a season when clubs are getting £40M extra from TV money - NO fan should be expected to pay a penny more next season.

When I look at Liverpool handing out £20M 5 year deals to the likes of Mignolet, or paying £50M for players who are loaned abroad I feel massively angry that the club have also decided to raid ordinary fans wallets for an unnecessary £2M.

Pure greed.

The sooner the club backtrack and realise they are doing more than £2M worth of PR damage the better.

Absolutely. We won't go the extra mile (eg 6mill for Tex). But we'll squeeze every last drop out of the support. If there was no walkout yesterday, nobody would be talking about this today, and it should be talked about.
      Pity the lads on the pitch weren't able to show as much conviction at the end of the game, but that is down to them, not the fans.
      Roll on the next match, need this one out of the system quick...
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #42: Feb 07, 2016 10:11:24 am
      Quote from srslfc on Today at 12:27:56 AM

I, and many thousands of others, think it is justified.

I don't think you get it mate.

Oh

Times of austerity for who mate? The ordinary working man that is the heart and should of this club, that is now being asked to make further sacrifices to their lives in order to be able to go to a game.
      In FSGs world there is no such thing as austerity, the rich only get richer in times of austerity, it's the average man that feels the pinch.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #43: Feb 07, 2016 10:11:41 am

Pure greed.

This.
      RedWilly

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #44: Feb 07, 2016 10:13:49 am
      Good on everyone who walked out, its gained a hell of a lot of attention and put the spotlight back on the owners and how they are treating us.

They market us all as 'the best fans in the world' and our flags and songs etc, but what they are doing goes right in the face of that image.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #45: Feb 07, 2016 10:17:53 am
      Bit rich coming from Carra now I have no doubts in my mind that he wouldn't have ssaid a thing had he still been on the payroll. His and Gerrard's book is littered with the " I am just a player my job is to play football" during the HG terror none of them spoke about any of the issues and things were a lot more F***ing dire than prices of tickets increasing.

Pity we didn't have a few more people like Rafa and Pepe round at the time.

Quick Reply