Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Walkout 77'!

Read 29844 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #207: Feb 08, 2016 02:33:18 pm
      They'll see the protests escalate then Walt. 

Emails are already being sent en masse to sponsors and plans are underway to organise more walkouts during the City and Chavs games.  They need to come up with something substantial as the fans groups, nor the matchgoing fans will accept a bit of tinkering now.

never mind listening to Ayre or SOS sit down with some families in the area and explain to them why its now too expensive to go to the match even though they are spitting distance away. I hope this is the start of fans claiming back the game..faint hope but that's all we have at times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #208: Feb 08, 2016 02:35:02 pm
      I'm willing to bet mate that JWH is oblivious to the mayhem 3,000 miles away, he will be content in the knowledge that the damage absorbers ie Ayre, the manager, the TC etc etc will erode the crap long before his mobile gets a transatlantic message.

I don't think so Stuey but if that's what they think, they'll be in for more shocks.  This is more than a damage limitation excercise for them now, they've totally misjudged things, whoever took the decision, it was a monumental fuckup.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #209: Feb 08, 2016 02:36:00 pm
      No way would Ayre be thrown to the Lions although never under estimate the ability of scousers to gate crash a party. I think FSG will now just look to shuffle things about and by the time its all sorted the season will be all but over.[/size]

Again!!
      Surely to F**k JWH&Co can see their influence and modus operandi is the very reason success is eluding LFC.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #210: Feb 08, 2016 02:40:18 pm
      never mind listening to Ayre or SOS sit down with some families in the area and explain to them why its now too expensive to go to the match even though they are spitting distance away. I hope this is the start of fans claiming back the game..faint hope but that's all we have at times

That's what I meant about "the golden opportunity" mate.  They could come out of this like F***ing heroes not just for our fans but fans all over the land.  Let's try and keep as well as build on the local support that made the Club what it is today and I'm not meaning that only locals get tickets but at least give them the chance to get a ticket, instead of syphoning off more and more tickets out of the GA allocation for hospitality.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #211: Feb 08, 2016 02:41:06 pm
      I don't think so Stuey but if that's what they think, they'll be in for more shocks.  This is more than a damage limitation excercise for them now, they've totally misjudged things, whoever took the decision, it was a monumental fuckup.

We'll see what the ''acceptable'' solution is mate, with the benefit of hindsight any optimism is hard to conjure up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #212: Feb 08, 2016 02:44:15 pm
      That's what I meant about "the golden opportunity" mate.  They could come out of this like f**king heroes not just for our fans but fans all over the land.  Let's try and keep as well as build on the local support that made the Club what it is today and I'm not meaning that only locals get tickets but at least give them the chance to get a ticket, instead of syphoning off more and more tickets out of the GA allocation for hospitality.

They need to get out of Anfield and look around the area and let them consider how they expect people to bring their families to games.
      If they want more money double or treble  the Corporates fees lets see how much we can make them squeak,
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #213: Feb 08, 2016 02:45:48 pm
      We'll see what the ''acceptable'' solution is mate, with the benefit of hindsight any optimism is hard to conjure up.

Same here mate I just think they will be working on a PR campaign and will probably spend a lot of money doing so money which could have helped the ticket price issue. Being a cynic I think they will find a way to achieve there objectives
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #214: Feb 08, 2016 02:46:28 pm

They've taken the first step mate, the outcome is up to them now.  They know what the fans groups want, it's been discussed many, many times in the last 13 months let's see how far they're prepared to go to meet those requests.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #215: Feb 08, 2016 02:50:46 pm
      Absolutely it does mate.  As I said earlier there is an opportunity here for them to make a real statement, let's hope they take it.

Or they're too afraid to face the questioning.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #216: Feb 08, 2016 02:54:20 pm
      Same here mate I just think they will be working on a PR campaign and will probably spend a lot of money doing so money which could have helped the ticket price issue. Being a cynic I think they will find a way to achieve there objectives

Nothing cynical about it mate, given the 5 years of diversion, lack of progress and porky pies your reservation is completely understandable.
      Let's see if FSG can turn a corner with this latest F**k up.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #217: Feb 08, 2016 04:06:57 pm
      First off let me say well done to those that did walk it seems that it may already of had the desired effect.

One thing I did disagree with were the chants of "Get out of our club" I understand peoples emotions are high but I struggle to see why we should be asking to get rid of the owners. For one, they actually invest in the club, admittedly poorly but one could argue that they are signing cheques based on the opinions of others. Opinions that have been based on business first and football a distant second. They are not perfect and there are quite a few things they could do differently but I believe the problem lays further down the hierarchy with the likes of Tom Werner and Ian Ayre both of which seem to know so little about football it's amazing that we are not worse off. Without the FSG money we could quite easily be relegation fodder.

What i'd like to see is a complete reshuffle. For starters I'd like to see the abolishment of the so called transfer committee as they are not fit for purpose. Secondly, I'm actually in favour of having a DOF if said person can actually translate the needs of the team to the suits above them. Last but not least is the two people that do the day to day running of the club. I'd sack Ayre as I believe the job is too big for him and i'd get Werner working with someone that understands the game, after all he is the eyes and ears of FSG (even though I get the feeling the first time FSG even heard about the protest was on the news afterward.)

FSG can be absent owners all they wish, I couldn't care less. We do have one thing in common however, we both want to see Liverpool Football Club succeed. We have a lot of good parts but we are being let down by a few weak links that are costing us points, but more importantly to FSG, money.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2016 06:08:50 pm by xBooniex »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #218: Feb 08, 2016 04:38:00 pm
      Well done to everyone for Saturday, not a victory yet, but a very nice bloody nose for FSG. For those such as Christ, the rafa-hater and the other FSG shithouse apologists, how you all feeling today? Has not been a good weekend. The hero Ayre has cancelled his triumphant address tonight - one may say they're panicking a bit now - they genuinely thought they could carry on taking and taking and we wouldn't get narky at some point. I noticed the last couple of pages the cranks and tory-loving gobshites have cooled their jets a little bit. I'll mention Christ again because after reading a couple of his posts - I'd just like to say you should feel ashamed of yourself boy, if you have supported this club  since you were three, probably around the same as me and I'm 38 now - you should know better. You should know we, the scouse cu*ts that are left sh*t smarmy yank businessmen for fun - especially those that wilt at the first sign of confrontation.

This is not a victory. This is the start of a negotiation. One FSG weren't willing to have until you fine ladies and gentlemen and 15000 other close mates showed them quite how much you all wanted a chat.

YNWA
      Kopite78
      Reply #219: Feb 08, 2016 05:12:48 pm
      I am proud of us as a fanbase for standing up to these issues again and the forerunners of supporters. I don't get the negativity regarding it, to an extent it was bigger than the result.

Ive read that even some of our own are questioning it and questioning if the "best fans in the world" would or should do this, but its a reason we are the best fans because we wont stand for being walked all over, by those within our own club or a game wide issue such as this.

This is bigger than just Liverpool Football Club, this is a game issue and im proud of us that we fight it and make ourselves heard.

Im a match goer, I was there Saturday and I walked, I was always going to, its the first time ever ive left before the final whistle but I wanted to show my support to the Spion Kop and SOS boys. My auld fella has been telling me for years that money is killing the game and I always shrugged my shoulders and said well its in the game now, its part of it, what can we do? Well he was right, the game is dying if the game as a whole feel they can keep squeezing more and more from us, especially when its not needed, years ago clubs relied on us going through the gates to survive, now to charge what they do is an insult and pure greed. Money in the game has gone mad but the man on the street, the beating heart of the clubs aren't following suit and earning massive wages to justify what they want to try to squeeze from us, again out of pure greed.

Liverpool could have won the publicity war here had they taken a stand and given us something back, they could have won more than the extra couple of million a year from the increases by going slightly the other way by having the good publicity, potential sponsorship deals incoming from being the first club in the country to realise that its becoming too much to keep squeezing money out of fans who don't live in their financial worlds.
      If they had been the first club to flat rate at say £30 for aways, what would that have done for them on a PR basis? And do we really think had Liverpool not done it that others wouldn't follow once the press and their own fans started to ask why they weren't following Liverpool's lead?

The rest would have eventually fallen into line with us id almost guarantee it as the wave of public pressure would have forced it had we shown the bollocks to do so.

Clubs make money nowadays from TV deals and commercial activities, they don't rely on us and I say again that the increases from us and the general level of cost for fans is nothing but extra greed and im seriously considering jibbing the lot football and my club doesn't wake up and give us something back. I cant take my kids to the game as I cant afford a couple hundred quid on tickets, it was a dream of mine to take them when they became old enough but the clubs are making it unaffordable, they will lose my kids if they aren't lucky as they wont be able to afford to go like I could when I was a kid and if this continues ill not have the passion to drill into them all that is Liverpool football club and about the beautiful game.

Id keep the pressure up, keep walking out, don't bring in the banners on the KOP that they sell to commercial companies as Liverpool's 12th man.. If they wont listen stop singing You'll Never Walk Alone as we should leave them to do so as they are leaving us to do so.

Corperate greed is killing the game, and as one of the banners said Saturday, football is nothing without fans.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #220: Feb 08, 2016 05:57:59 pm
      Well done to everyone for Saturday, not a victory yet, but a very nice bloody nose for FSG. For those such as Christ, the rafa-hater and the other FSG shithouse apologists, how you all feeling today? Has not been a good weekend. The hero Ayre has cancelled his triumphant address tonight - one may say they're panicking a bit now - they genuinely thought they could carry on taking and taking and we wouldn't get narky at some point. I noticed the last couple of pages the cranks and tory-loving gobshites have cooled their jets a little bit. I'll mention Christ again because after reading a couple of his posts - I'd just like to say you should feel ashamed of yourself boy, if you have supported this club  since you were three, probably around the same as me and I'm 38 now - you should know better. You should know we, the scouse cu*ts that are left sh*t smarmy yank businessmen for fun - especially those that wilt at the first sign of confrontation.

This is not a victory. This is the start of a negotiation. One FSG weren't willing to have until you fine ladies and gentlemen and 15000 other close mates showed them quite how much you all wanted a chat.

YNWA

I feel exactly the same, i think the protest was a mistake. but thanks for your concern.

I'm more ashamed of gobs***e fans on here who cant accept a difference of opinion.. but hey imagine a world where everybody thinks the same regardless of right or wrong.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #221: Feb 08, 2016 05:58:44 pm
      And maybe once the grumble weeds get their way.. maybe they will sing a bit or smile.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #222: Feb 08, 2016 05:58:48 pm
      I'm not sure you're in such a privileged position, that you can comment on what effect an extra £30 is to anyone. Wether they sit on the kop, in the annie road or the corporate seats.
      I stood on the kop for years, and I would like to taste the luxury of a corporate box with my die hard LFC mates before I depart this planet. But I can assure you, £30 will make a difference to us all. The cost of travel from the west country for one, Hotel room for the night for two, and a belly full of beer and chips and gravy for another. Toss £30 aside, and it's ANOTHER £30 for either of the above.
      I prefer to decide where I spend my money, and not many fans can toss aside £30 without care.

Well said Gerns.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #223: Feb 08, 2016 06:02:57 pm
      I feel exactly the same, i think the protest was a mistake. but thanks for your concern.

I'm more ashamed of gobs***e fans on here who cant accept a difference of opinion.. but hey imagine a world where everybody thinks the same regardless of right or wrong.

your making quite an impression well done for that.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #224: Feb 08, 2016 06:04:56 pm

Why waste an opinion if you already know it's the wrong one?

Seems clear to me you know it's the wrong choice, but you want to be different. I can appreciate not following the flock, but only when they're wrong. As you are.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #225: Feb 08, 2016 06:28:25 pm

Yet if you had your way there would have been no protest and therefore no review of the ticket structure and people would still be handing money hand over fist.

What gets me most is EVERYONE has the right to express their feelings over anything, be that in the form of a protest or otherwise but, despite you banging on about how people should accept different opinions, YOU aren't accepting others right to express their opinion how they see fit (through protest).

You and anyone with your view is wrong, simple as!

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #226: Feb 08, 2016 06:32:05 pm
      [quote author=Kopite78 link=topic=48515.msg1890421#msg1890421 date
      its the first time ever ive left before the final whistle but I wanted to show my support to the Spion Kop and SOS boys. My auld fella has been telling me for years that money is killing the game.
      [/quote]

Great first post mate and just want to quote you on the above.
      My auld fella has been telling me and my brother exactly the same thing.
      My auld man is 86 & has been going the match for 70years ,he walked On
      77 as did my brother.
      When I seen him after the game
      He said to me & our kid
      'We have a maxim at this great club of ours it's ynwa' and I  just didn't want my fellow supporters to walk alone.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #227: Feb 08, 2016 06:32:49 pm

Your opinion does not reconcile itself with the vast majority on this forum, I would go as far as stating Liverpool supporters in general.
      That being the case it is futile to attempt to promote your opinion or yourself as anything but flawed.
      Let it go JC your religion isn't appreciated around here.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #228: Feb 08, 2016 06:48:11 pm
      Yet if you had your way there would have been no protest and therefore no review of the ticket structure and people would still be handing money hand over fist.

What gets me most is EVERYONE has the right to express their feelings over anything, be that in the form of a protest or otherwise but, despite you banging on about how people should accept different opinions, YOU aren't accepting others right to express their opinion how they see fit (through protest).

there would be a negotiation or a show of support that doesn't effect the game especially one we are 2-0 up in with our gaffer in a hospital bed.
      You and anyone with your view is wrong, simple as!

There would be a new negotiation or a show of support that doesn't effect the game especially one we are 2-0 up in with our gaffer in a hospital bed. But then so called fans had given up on the season after Leicester hadn't they. Protest is my least favourite way of solving anything, but then i understand business and its clear on here people don't. As they have no suggestion of preferred owners etc or even really what the new ticket scheme really means. The only thing they care about is that their seat doesn't change in price and getting angry at anyone who doesn't join their mob, which is funny because most the time the stadium sounds empty anyway.. 

but lets not spend the next ten pages of this thread playing I'm right you're wrong... life goes on i'll still be attending Liverpool games with or without your consent.  thats a fact and i will pay whatever the price is because for some thats the only way of getting in. The world is changing, the current demand outweighs the supply thats what happens with a global franchise whether we like it or not. 

Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #229: Feb 08, 2016 06:49:40 pm
      This article from lachesis on RAWK is spot on.. ( in my opinion) but not one response from anyone. Like it was never even wrote. I wonder why? because some forums are not open to debate and that's pretty pathetic.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325934.1000

£77 is a ridiculous price to watch a game of football.

However, I have to say this is really too little, too late from my perspective. The working class man was priced out ages ago. Those who still go to the match regularly cannot say they are on a working class man's income (I don't mean that in a disdainful way). Obviously a lot of us are from working class backgrounds and have working class political influences so probably do align more with the 'working class'. But economically the real working class folk were priced out years ago. And not just from football. My dad is on a proper working class income, let's just say he is supporting three lads 17-21 who are either trying to go to uni or just starting apprenticeships and my mum works part time. I won't disclose his income but it's far below £20,000. It's a struggle to treat the family to a day out at the pictures for example. So a while back, my money went into helping them out a bit. I could have been dismissive and carried on going the match. To be honest I can probably still squeeze most in, but priorities change as you get older and so they should do. There's more value in me paying £400 to take my brother to career fairs in London than attending 6/7 matches.

Coupled with poor ticketing policies for younger people, this has led to the apathetic, aging Anfield that we know today. If something effective was going to be done, it needed to be done 15-20 years ago. Because nothing was done years ago, a lot of people now find themselves the target. For years 'in's in' and 'I'm alright Jack' is pretty much the philosophy of how you got the match. You didn't care it was someone else's loyalty, you got in by hook or crook and used any advantage/spares to get in. Now the pinch will be felt at these more affluent regular match goers. However, whatever falls out that pinch is actually subsidising that 17-21 group, the free tickets here and there and keeping other ticket prices frozen or thereabouts. The complexity of the scheme and uncertainty of numbers means you can pretty much rattle the statistics and numbers to support pro or anti.

Further to this, most people seem to agree on the model. Just not the price. I've seem comments about 'divide and conquer'. That was done years ago, by the fans themselves. I'm not sold on the method of protest either. A few weeks ago we had the new manager make a political observation that 'he felt very alone'. You can read it how you want but there was a barb meant for the early darters in there as well. The commonality, as above, is a tiered pricing structure - its just the prices at dispute so I think the response is excessive. And to be honest, will probably be lost as it's only about 5-8 minutes before 'all rise' commences anyway (though there has been somewhat of an improvement since Klopp's comments). But you know, on the one hand we've got Klopp trying to build up that relationship between fans and club, and now we've got this campaign going on where players wages will come into it no doubt (of under performing players no less) and drive a wedge between it. I think it's a knee jerk response and someone needs to take a step back and actually think this through.

I think people are having too narrow a focus on the actual mechanics at play here. We have no refresh of fans coming through, as they can't get into the ground. For a refresh to happen, there has to be a purge. We've accumulated more seats so those who can afford to pay more, do pay more. This benefits the much reduced and free tickets and also keeps tickets in the Kop frozen and cheaper in some cases. It's certainly the lesser of two evils compared to what we have now in my opinion.

I've seen mention of already having tiered prices. I think that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe a price differential based on a forty year old economy just about covers what we have now.

I agree with the sentiment on the surface, but the target audience that will be affected by this will be those lower middle class people (economically speaking) who attend or attempt to attend most home games. It won't be the corporate whales - it never will be. They make up a small proportion anyway of the actual ticket numbers and bring in a lot of money. They wine and dine and seduce investors and sponsors. It's just the meta game behind the on-the-pitch stuff that we don't really have to concern ourselves with. The Main Stand Lower has now become premium seating basically. Centenary Lower has dropped in prices - where the matchday camera actually points as well. It basically looks as though the Paddock is going to be where the bulk of premium seating will be allocated as well.

Either way, the real benefit of this is only going to be felt ten years along the road. I think it's short sighted just to be so dismissive and reactive. This ticketing policy  has a way in to the club for young fans, and then a multi tiered approach to enable them to tailor their matchday experience according to the job/salary they end up in. If they can stretch to more expensive tickets, then the cycle of subsidisation begins again.

However, if you want to sit at the negotiating table then you have to have a real alternative. This threads around 30 pages and the most compelling argument is a feeling that 70% of the seats should be £30 (a page per pound). I mean, someone else can surely shout that's too expensive we want £20 tickets. The club has the difficult act of balancing club income, player wages, ticket prices along with fan expectations and sorting out a complete mess in temrs of match day attendance demographic. It seems a bit facetious that the current proposal makes no attempt to balance their ticket price demands against the same backdrop. So yes, in principle we'd all love £30 tickets, is it a realistic aim? Possibly, but it will cost the club possibly sinking into the championship.

Quick Reply