Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Walkout 77'!

Read 30072 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #299: Feb 10, 2016 11:17:42 pm
      I'm absolutely convinced that with stronger/more intense crowd support, we could have at least 10 more points from our home games this season alone.

And if we win more at home, we will have more success.  Which means more revenue.  From finishing higher up in the table, from qualifying for CL, etc etc.

To that end, I really would love FSG to have an experimental game, just pick one game out of the league season and make every single ticket GA 9 quid.  Just once.  And let's see what happens.  Let's see if the atmosphere improves, let's see if we can really make Anfield a fortress again.  if it doesn't work, fair play, we tried, we know it's not a money issue.

But if it does work, and we can make Anfield the most intimidating place to play in the world, then it will make us so much better on the pitch and FSG will more than make up for any "lost" profits from matchday tickets with the revenue that our success will bring us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #300: Feb 11, 2016 08:16:55 am
      I'm absolutely convinced that with stronger/more intense crowd support, we could have at least 10 more points from our home games this season alone.

And if we win more at home, we will have more success.  Which means more revenue.  From finishing higher up in the table, from qualifying for CL, etc etc.

To that end, I really would love FSG to have an experimental game, just pick one game out of the league season and make every single ticket GA 9 quid.  Just once.  And let's see what happens.  Let's see if the atmosphere improves, let's see if we can really make Anfield a fortress again.  if it doesn't work, fair play, we tried, we know it's not a money issue.

But if it does work, and we can make Anfield the most intimidating place to play in the world, then it will make us so much better on the pitch and FSG will more than make up for any "lost" profits from matchday tickets with the revenue that our success will bring us.

We already got the answer to that during the Sunderland game.

A walkout was happening and for 76 of 77 minutes it was dead atmosphere. The one time the fans make a stand to show football is nothing without fans, i expected a F***ing ripper atmosphere to show the owners what fans are made of. But nothing happened.

The only thing that will bring the atmosphere back is success on the pitch. No club, certainly not in England, would've turned out like our fans the season we nearly won the title. Pre game was just immense seeing the team bus surrounded with Reds and that Man City game at Anfield was F***ing something else.

Until we get success though, nothing will change.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #301: Feb 11, 2016 09:24:35 am
      Victory for the fans and common sense over the greed of FSG who try to treat LFC as simply a money making enterprise. Well done to all the fans that staged the protest walkout, to my mind.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #302: Feb 11, 2016 10:35:05 am
      A great victory for the fans who took the initiative to put things right. We still lead the way in fan power in England.

Now can we have a protest the next time Migs and Moreno start  :P
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #303: Feb 11, 2016 12:54:12 pm
      Quote from RedWilly
      just seen your post in the Leicester thread where you walked out on the 75th minute and yet you have a problem with fans who walked out the Sunderland game!

I don't have any problem with it. What I said was, nobody that walked would ever need to pay the maximum price, therefore there was no need for them to protest. It may be an "I'm alright Jack" attitude, but blood is always thicker than water.

In the Leicester game, my own walkout was not from a football stadium, and had nothing to do with ticket prices. And I missed nothing. So any comparison you make is invalid.

FSG apparantly climbed down. However, it was another conjob.

1. Loaded tourists ("those least sensitive to affordability") who were going to pay the new rate for the most glamorous games, will now pay the same rates as the local working man allegedly "being priced out of the game" for the next two years.
      2. The cost to watch the most glamorous home games will now cost the same as to watch relegation candidates, allowing FSG to profit from ex-Cat B/C games by up to 15 quid per seat.

And that is apparently a "victory"?
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #304: Feb 11, 2016 12:55:15 pm
      End of season is another record payout coming to all Premier League clubs from tv deal.  Would it be too much to ask that some of that money could be used to reduce ticket prices across the board?  Even a few percent of it would make a difference.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #305: Feb 11, 2016 03:16:07 pm
      I don't have any problem with it. What I said was, nobody that walked would ever need to pay the maximum price, therefore there was no need for them to protest. It may be an "I'm alright Jack" attitude, but blood is always thicker than water.

In the Leicester game, my own walkout was not from a football stadium, and had nothing to do with ticket prices. And I missed nothing. So any comparison you make is invalid.

1. Loaded tourists ("those least sensitive to affordability") who were going to pay the new rate for the most glamorous games, will now pay the same rates as the local working man allegedly "being priced out of the game" for the next two years.
      2. The cost to watch the most glamorous home games will now cost the same as to watch relegation candidates, allowing FSG to profit from ex-Cat B/C games by up to 15 quid per seat.

Unless the loaded tourists have a members card with 15+ games on it then no they won't. 

They'll be paying the tourists rates via Thomas Cook or Hospitality prices as otherwise they won't get any tickets.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #306: Feb 11, 2016 04:16:29 pm

No fan is forced to go the game but should fans be priced out of the game altogether? The new TV deal means your Sky subscription has to increase to pay for it so even if you don't go the game, you're still hit in the pocket. If the grounds empty of local support, catering only to day trippers where does our 'famous' atmosphere go? With a flat atmosphere, do you think those day trippers will continue to show up? So grounds empty and the clubs lose money.

We're lucky right now that inflation is at 0% but when it begins to rise, people can no longer justify Sky. With falling subscriptions, Sky's advertising revenue drops and therefore they can no longer afford to offer huge sums for TV money, therefore clubs lose even more money. Foreign owners who have no emotional ties to the cities or the clubs will pull out of a failing business leaving clubs and communities up the creek without a paddle.

The entire situation in football right now is unsustainable and ultimately self defeating. It's not just clubs, agents and players are as much to blame as well but ultimately, unless someone takes a stand and says "enough is enough", Football in its current form will implode under the weight of its own greed. You should be proud that it was your club's fans that took the first stand. We can only hope other club's fans follow suit for the good of Football the country over.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #307: Feb 11, 2016 04:25:19 pm

Excellent, thought provoking sentiment. Let's hope someone takes due notice.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #308: Feb 11, 2016 04:26:38 pm
      Which club sells the most expensive season ticket in the Premier League?

1. Arsenal - £2,013

2. Tottenham - £1,895

3. Chelsea - £1,250

4. West Ham - £955

5. Manchester United - £950

Which club sells the cheapest season ticket in the Premier League?

1. Stoke - £294

2. Manchester City - £299

3. Aston Villa - £335

4. Leicester - £365

5. Sunderland - £370

And who sells the cheapest matchday ticket to adults?

1. £22 - Leicester City

2=. £23 - Aston Villa and Crystal Palace

4=. £25 - Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, West Ham

What about the most expensive matchday ticket for adults?

1. £97 - Arsenal

2. £95 - West Ham

3. £87 - Chelsea

4. £81 - Tottenham

5. £59 - Liverpool

Can't see the Gooners doing anything .
      Apathetic Arsenal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35549173
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #309: Feb 11, 2016 11:19:57 pm
      The only thing that will bring the atmosphere back is success on the pitch.

I disagree.  Have you watched any Palace games recently? their supporters sing throughout the entire ninety minutes of the game.  The atmosphere is incredibly intense, from start to finish.  And it's been like that for the last several seasons, and they've not had any success whatsoever.  They're just another mid-table team right now.  They've not had any "success."  There are all sorts of sh*te teams out there with great support.  Conversely look at places like Real Madrid and Barca---their grounds are like libraries these days.  And yet they're two of the most successful clubs in the world!

There are unsuccessful clubs all over the world with great support.  So that can't be an excuse for us.  On top of it, strong support can lead to success.  In the last 5 minutes of a drawn game vs relegation fodder, if the crowd sounds like a deafening wall, that intimidates the opposition, making it easier for us to score, making us more likely to have success.

No club, certainly not in England, would've turned out like our fans the season we nearly won the title. Pre game was just immense seeing the team bus surrounded with Reds and that Man City game at Anfield was f**king something else.

Agreed, that was a special atmosphere but for many times during that season the atmosphere was just like it is now.  Also there was something different about us nearly winning the title; we hadn't done it for so long that it made it all that more electric.  When City's fans get near the title, or Chelsea or the Mancs, of course they don't pour out into the streets on a title decider because (unfortunately for us) they are used to winning titles.  For us it was going to be a historic moment.  If City win the title this year, well... so what, they won it a couple of seasons ago.  I'd say that the atmosphere at the Etihad was pretty electric on the final day of the season a few years ago when they won the title in the last few seconds for the first time in god knows how long. 

Also: if Leicester keep this up and they end up having a game at their place towards the end of the season, where if they win it, they win the league, then I'm pretty sure you'll see scenes similar to what you saw with us at Anfield when we nearly won it.  It would be at least as monumental for them as it would've been for us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #310: Feb 11, 2016 11:47:56 pm
      I disagree.  Have you watched any Palace games recently? their supporters sing throughout the entire ninety minutes of the game.  The atmosphere is incredibly intense, from start to finish.  And it's been like that for the last several seasons, and they've not had any success whatsoever.  They're just another mid-table team right now.  They've not had any "success."  There are all sorts of sh*te teams out there with great support.  Conversely look at places like Real Madrid and Barca---their grounds are like libraries these days.  And yet they're two of the most successful clubs in the world!

There are unsuccessful clubs all over the world with great support.  So that can't be an excuse for us.  On top of it, strong support can lead to success.  In the last 5 minutes of a drawn game vs relegation fodder, if the crowd sounds like a deafening wall, that intimidates the opposition, making it easier for us to score, making us more likely to have success.

Great.

What does this have to do with Liverpool fans? Ours don't make noise unless we're winning.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #311: Feb 12, 2016 12:28:57 am
      Great. What does this have to do with Liverpool fans? Ours don't make noise unless we're winning.

I'm saying that we should make noise regardless of whether we're winning.  In fact we should probably make even more noise especially when we're not winning, to spur the lads on.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #312: Feb 12, 2016 12:40:41 am
      I'm saying that we should make noise regardless of whether we're winning.  In fact we should probably make even more noise especially when we're not winning, to spur the lads on.

I agree with you 100% but our support at Anfield doesn't seem to think so. It's just how they are.

Away support is top notch, though.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #313: Feb 16, 2016 08:38:45 am
      Quote from reddebs
      Unless the loaded tourists have a members card with 15+ games on it then no they won't. 

They'll be paying the tourists rates via Thomas Cook or Hospitality prices as otherwise they won't get any tickets.

I'm not talking about the Thomas Cook crowd, I'm talking about the independent travellers who go a couple of times a year, which invariably are the most glamorous games. These people are ready and willing to pay three figures for Hospitality tickets if necessary, so 20 quid is nothing to them.

Quote from 5timesacharm
      If the grounds empty of local support, catering only to day trippers where does our 'famous' atmosphere go? With a flat atmosphere, do you think those day trippers will continue to show up? So grounds empty and the clubs lose money.

The entire situation in football right now is unsustainable and ultimately self defeating. Football in its current form will implode under the weight of its own greed. You should be proud that it was your club's fans that took the first stand. We can only hope other club's fans follow suit for the good of Football the country over.

They took a stand. The response they got, amounted imo to little more than a goodwill gesture at best, and a conjob at worst. Removing categorisation in the case of ex Cat B/C games, smacked of giving a fiver and taking a tenner back.

Since Sky came on board in 92, there has been much talk that football will implode. Instead, the clubs have got richer, the stadiums are bigger and better, the amount of live tv games have increased from 1 game a week during the winter months to 4-5 games per week. So it hasn't imploded and won't implode.

The atmosphere at the most glamorous home games is not an issue. When day trippers go to less glamorous games, they go there to see us win, not for the  atmosphere.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #314: Feb 16, 2016 11:48:51 pm
      I meant more recently, mate. Something like comparison of 2-3 years ago and next season.

I found a big pile of my old tickets the other day and I had Champions League tickets for £36 in I think 2009. They would easy be about £55+ now.

And we're shi**er.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #315: Feb 17, 2016 09:21:56 am
      I'm saying that we should make noise regardless of whether we're winning. 
      In fact we should probably make even more noise especially when we're not winning, to spur the lads on.

As a standing Kopite I can't believe this conversation is even taking place
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #316: Feb 17, 2016 11:07:16 am
      Great.

What does this have to do with Liverpool fans? Ours don't make noise unless we're winning.

the crowd at Anfield always need something to believe in before it gets going and that hasn't been the case these last two seasons.
      Its not the same as it was but with a team that doesn't look like its up for the fight you couldn't blame them
      Kopite78
      Reply #317: Feb 17, 2016 11:16:49 am
      the crowd at Anfield always need something to believe in before it gets going and that hasn't been the case these last two seasons.
      Its not the same as it was but with a team that doesn't look like its up for the fight you couldn't blame them

I'm not sure it's just that mate, we simply need to believe that we are all together as one from top to bottom, that there is a one club mentality through owners, management, players and fans.

Unfortunately we haven't really felt that as much over the last decade and it's become worse and worse over that time.

It may seem fanciful but we need to feel like a family and to stand in a corner fighting for each other.

I don't think the fans feel that they are fully appreciated and that leads to a bit of US and them and that's not what this club was built on nor should it be
      This is and always should be more than just a normal football club and certainly more than a business or brand.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #318: Feb 17, 2016 11:46:55 am
      You're both right gents. Naturally, fans need to feel inspired and on the flip side the organisation need to value the fans to see that atmosphere at the games.

Hopefully Klopp is the catalyst.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #319: Feb 17, 2016 12:23:56 pm
      We need to turn the clock back if you want a proper atmosphere imo, Back to the days where there was all standing terrace, if it works in Germany ie the Bundesliga it will work here too,
      Unfortunately the health and safety Gestapo, the Feds, and that f***in useless lot at Soho Sq, won't allow it,

If you have a crowd of ppl altogether as one stood shoulder to shoulder they are more likely to sing,shout,scream and generally be one big choir, sat down you are more inclined to be reserved in your manner, and less likely to part take in the singing & shouting,

Standing areas should always be part and parcel of stadia where supporters can vent there opinions and express what they really want to, it's the same notion of letting off steam down the alehouse,  getting away from the hum drum of life's pressure, to escape the missus for a few hours, that kind of thing,

The way it is now it seems the powers that be want total control where we are all corralled into seated sections more easily manageable by the nuckle dragging SS disguised as stadium security,

LFC should take the lead and advocate the return of at least a all standing terrace,  I doubt it will happen but why the F**k not, if it's properly organised and policed I don't see a problem, for me it would bring back a semblance of what going on to the Kop was like back in the good old days.

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #320: Feb 17, 2016 08:49:52 pm
      We need to turn the clock back if you want a proper atmosphere imo, Back to the days where there was all standing terrace, if it works in Germany ie the Bundesliga it will work here too,
      Unfortunately the health and safety Gestapo, the Feds, and that F**kin useless lot at Soho Sq, won't allow it,

If you have a crowd of ppl altogether as one stood shoulder to shoulder they are more likely to sing,shout,scream and generally be one big choir, sat down you are more inclined to be reserved in your manner, and less likely to part take in the singing & shouting,

Standing areas should always be part and parcel of stadia where supporters can vent there opinions and express what they really want to, it's the same notion of letting off steam down the alehouse,  getting away from the hum drum of life's pressure, to escape the missus for a few hours, that kind of thing,

The way it is now it seems the powers that be want total control where we are all corralled into seated sections more easily manageable by the nuckle dragging SS disguised as stadium security,

LFC should take the lead and advocate the return of at least a all standing terrace,  I doubt it will happen but why the f**k not, if it's properly organised and policed I don't see a problem, for me it would bring back a semblance of what going on to the Kop was like back in the good old days.

YNWA

Is right Billy.

Back to standing for this club is and will be a sensitive issue.
      If it were to have legs then various groups would need consultation.

Why not?
      Why again should we not take the lead in proposing a return to limited standing.

Its right. Sitting on your arse compared to being shoulder to shoulder is a different world.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #321: Feb 18, 2016 04:36:06 pm
      Quote from billythered
      Unfortunately the health and safety Gestapo, the Feds, and that f***in useless lot at Soho Sq, won't allow it,

LFC should take the lead and advocate the return of at least a all standing terrace,  I doubt it will happen but why the F**k not, if it's properly organised and policed I don't see a problem, for me it would bring back a semblance of what going on to the Kop was like back in the good old days.

YNWA

Not going to happen, at this of all clubs. For reasons unique to this club which we're all well aware of.

However, a section(s) of seats could be marked as Unreserved, where those who want to sing or wave flags can get tickets for that section and sing all game, without anyone bothering them. The seats would still be in place, just without numbers, so it still complies with regulations. Of course with UEFA European games, there are no standing areas allowed, even in Germany.

Quick Reply