Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool Tickets Go Fund Me

Read 1759 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Liverpool Tickets Go Fund Me
      Feb 08, 2016 09:08:41 pm
      As some of you know I was behind the infamous " Get Rodgers sacked" go fund me campaign. To be honest it was setup between me and a few of the lads as a piss take.What I didn't expect was the sheer amount of media coverage it received. It was everywhere from L'equipe to the Taiwan Daily Express now before anyone asks I didn't profit from it or have any intention of withdrawing the funds (maybe if It got to the £10m mark  :f_tongueincheek:)

This got me thinking about the possibility of setting up a campaign with the possibility of embarrassing FSG into reviewing there ticket prices. The idea would be to raise money for the local fans that have been priced out of the game the monies received would then be used to supplement regular match day goers and at the same time embarrass FSG by having the world media print about the fact that Liverpool fans have setup a charity in order to allow regulars to afford to go to matches.

The goal would be unrealistic to raise £2m (the same as the increase in revenue FSG project for 2016/17) but that isn't the point as its highly unlikely we will ever get to a stage where we will have the luxury of having to decide how to implement this plan. We could however include a clause that all monies will be returned to borrowers in the event that FSG review ticket prices or that all money will be donated to HJC if the goal is not reached.

I think with the coverage this campaign is getting as it is there wouldn't be a media outlet in the world that won't want to print this story. If there's someone who wants to set this up feel free to do it because I think it will need someone that will be able to give regular updates and possible interviews and I think there may be better people suited to this than me.

What do people think? Good idea ? Terrible? all opinions welcome I'll happily start of with a £10 donation
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Re: Liverpool Tickets Go Fund Me
      Reply #1: Feb 08, 2016 09:11:34 pm
      There was a go fund me to get Rodgers sacked? First I've ever heard of it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #2: Feb 08, 2016 09:19:47 pm
      As some of you know I was behind the infamous " Get Rodgers sacked" go fund me campaign.

I wouldn't go bragging about that one mate.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Feb 08, 2016 09:21:14 pm
      I wouldn't go bragging about that one mate.

I know hence the use of the word infamous...
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #4: Feb 08, 2016 09:28:07 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Feb 08, 2016 11:39:12 pm