Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Ian Ayre to step down

Read 11406 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Ian Ayre to step down
      Reply #46: Mar 15, 2016 12:26:04 pm
      Were you also applauding when he suggested Hodgon as the replacement for Rafa, was that part of the good job he did, how about all the transfers he fu**ed up on, another example of good job?
      He's a middle manager promoted way beyond his abilities and the sooner we get someone competent in the better, just a shame he'll still be around for another 18 months.

tbf. Hodgson was a disaster us as fans never took to him, he may have done well given a longer spell. But we all wanted Kenny.

As discussed above, perhaps the football side of ceo should have been left to someone like Kenny and Ayre left to do the business side, which he has performed very well in.

And not all all transfers were fu%$ed up, some were very good, some failed etc. same at all clubs.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #47: Mar 15, 2016 12:54:12 pm
      I'm guessing you haven't watched any england matches of late, death by boredom springs to mind.  ;D

The man (even for one so vastly experienced at managing big teams  ;) ) is f**king useless.

No I'm Scottish, don't watch England (much). But I would swap qualifying for every tourni if it meant Hodgson was manager of Scotland. ;D.

His tactics were awful with us tbf, hated him as well I did. Was just saying it might have panned out and his CV was decent. Sometimes things look good on paper but just don't work in reality.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #48: Mar 15, 2016 01:44:37 pm
      I think that first of all Ian Ayre thanks for your work but I also think that this should have been done many years ago.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #49: Mar 15, 2016 01:59:23 pm
      It'll be interesting to see who we can recruit as his replacement considering we're a bit stingy on wages. 

His salary last season, according to the latest accounts (2015), was £1.2m which is approximately £1m less than other CEOs at top PL Clubs and in 2014 the average salary of FTSE CEOs was just shy of £4m, elsewhere it's around £250k.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2016 02:41:31 pm
      It'll be interesting to see who we can recruit as his replacement considering we're a bit stingy on wages. 

His salary last season, according to the latest accounts (2015), was £1.2m which is approximately £1m less than other CEOs at top PL Clubs and in 2014 the average salary of FTSE CEOs was just shy of £4m, elsewhere it's around £250k.

How about me? I'm willing to work for £10k.  :f_tongueincheek:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2016 02:48:10 pm

No real comparison between a FTSE 100 companies earnings and ANY prem league club though Debs. 
      Manchester United are expected to turn over £500 million this financial year, the first British club to do so. That is the equivalent of a couple of sizeable retail hypermarkets.

Given the financial scale of the businesses they control, what football CEOs could expect to earn were they employed in the real world would be something around a third of what they do now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/10/margaret-byrne-shows-that-ceos-life-in-football-is-nice-work/

A slightly older article gives a little more detail and shows that Ayre has actually been doing pretty well.
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/01/premier-league-accounts-club-by-club-david-conn 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2016 03:35:11 pm
      How about me? I'm willing to work for £10k.  :f_tongueincheek:

I'm sure if you have the relevant experience they'd jump at the chance for that salary  ;D

No real comparison between a FTSE 100 companies earnings and ANY prem league club though Debs. 
      Manchester United are expected to turn over £500 million this financial year, the first British club to do so. That is the equivalent of a couple of sizeable retail hypermarkets.

Given the financial scale of the businesses they control, what football CEOs could expect to earn were they employed in the real world would be something around a third of what they do now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/10/margaret-byrne-shows-that-ceos-life-in-football-is-nice-work/

A slightly older article gives a little more detail and shows that Ayre has actually been doing pretty well.
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/01/premier-league-accounts-club-by-club-david-conn 

Course there's no comparison to the money controlled by FTSE CEOs mate but there's a hell of a lot of CEOs with similar turnovers to football clubs on a hell of a lot less.

As with all things in football the pay doesn't reflect the skills.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2016 04:02:21 pm
      How hard would it be to sell LFC to potential sponsors?...  Too much credit given to Ayres...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2016 04:04:52 pm
      Not sure why anyone thinks this is good news. He gets the piss taken out of him and takes all sorts of abuse, but he's obviously good at his job.

That fella at Dortmund, Willian, the ticketing pricing fiasco, his appearance in front of the camera the friday before the walkout..........nah he wasn't very good at his job. He should of stuck to the one he was promoted from sorting out commerical sh*t such as Dunkin Donuts, Warrior, New Balance etc etc!

He can F**k off on his Harley in 18 months time into the sunset, but please no F***ing mosiacs.

The ultimate 'yes' man departs to be replaced by an equally agreeable employee.

Mike Gordon or that Hogan fella if he can be arsed getting used to life ooop north instead of hiding in our office down south!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2016 04:37:34 pm
      Mike Gordon or that Hogan fella if he can be arsed getting used to life ooop north instead of hiding in our office down south!

Maybe Christian Purslow , after all he did a great job last time he was here.

:)

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2016 04:45:27 pm
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #57: Mar 15, 2016 06:19:39 pm

Go on then i'll play...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #58: Mar 16, 2016 02:37:35 am
      A weight off Robbie Fowler's shoulders........

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #59: Apr 19, 2016 04:00:36 pm
      Bernstein's resigned at Villa, would anyone take him as Ayres replacement?
      Redangel

• 8,213 posts | 1000 
      Reply #60: Apr 19, 2016 04:37:34 pm
      Bernstein's resigned at Villa, would anyone take him as Ayres replacement?

Sorry Deb, no, he's a bit too smarmy for my liking!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #61: Apr 19, 2016 05:12:38 pm
      Sorry Deb, no, he's a bit too smarmy for my liking!

Aren't most top execs hun  ;D

I doubt we'll go for someone on this side of the pond anyway.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #62: Apr 20, 2016 09:58:44 am
      I wonder if Ayre knows something about the ownership of the club that we don't.
      Redangel

• 8,213 posts | 1000 
      Reply #63: Apr 20, 2016 04:07:22 pm
      Aren't most top execs hun  ;D

I doubt we'll go for someone on this side of the pond anyway.

Yep, you're right, but he's smarmier than most and he was a complete *rsehole when he was at the FA.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Apr 20, 2016 04:13:40 pm
      Yep, you're right, but he's smarmier than most and he was a complete *rsehole when he was at the FA.

True.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #65: Apr 21, 2016 07:16:24 am
      I'd prefer exec's who would have the club in their hearts, not some ex FA no mark who's sole purpose was accepting his monthly cheque,
      We need ppl top to bottom who sing from the same songsheet, no egotistical glory hunters allowed!

YNWA
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #66: Apr 21, 2016 09:26:21 am

what about him? wait, who? what?

chelsea offered him wages we could not - what's the problem there?

oh yeah that was 1 man's fault ;D

his appearance in front of the camera the friday before the walkout..........

??? don't let the media play you

nah he wasn't very good at his job.

i've honestly barely seen proof of that. don't we have a great young squad? where did they all come from? look at our squad before he got here and now, which would you rather?

He can f**k off on his Harley in 18 months time into the sunset

i always see comments like this. they start by mentioning the failure to sign mkhitaryan and willian then take a pot shot at how ayre rides harleys. it's like everyone runs on memes. they post memes of him and pictures of him riding a motorbike and think he's some stupid idiot, based on what, the fact that people make memes about him and get played by the media into thinking we're an inch from signing someone we were actually miles from signing.

it actually makes me uncomfortable that people are so happy to talk about things we really have no idea about, they go "this guy's a piece of sh*t nothing man hates our club just collects his monthly cheques", that is an alarming thing to say about someone you've never met and haven't got a clue about isn't it? anyway, good luck to the next guy in the job, hopefully he doesn't ride a harley...
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #67: Apr 21, 2016 11:55:35 am
      Taking off his high heels is he?  ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #68: Apr 22, 2016 06:30:13 pm

The walkout, you do remember when we fu**ed off out of the ground on 77 minutes. Do you even go the match?

I'll be honest I couldn't be arsed responding to the rest as I didn't have a clue what you were wittering on about.

Quick Reply