Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mourinho to United... What'd you expect?

Read 2896 times
      GMM
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 31 posts |
      Mourinho to United... What'd you expect?
      Mar 28, 2016 02:23:53 pm
      While not entire certain, most news are reporting that he is most likely going to take over at ManU next season. I'd love to see pick up where he left off at Chelsea and get them relegated  >:D >:D >:D, I wonder how likely it is? He has won a lot of trophies wherever he has gone untill ultimately falling out of favour, but what are the chances he gets Utd to implode right at his first season itself? Its possible he has lost it completely? What I fear is he'd actually steady the ship and turn out to be a good short term appointment.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Mourinho to United... What'd you expect?
      Reply #1: Mar 28, 2016 03:36:00 pm
      Allegedly Ferguson and Charlton don't want him anywhere near the club, but they've been omitted from making a decision primarily due to the Moyes F**k up.

Now Ryan Giggs offering thinly veiled threats to Mourinho's impending arrival that 'whoever' the boss is, they MUST adhere to the principles of bringing through youth players - which Mourinho's record is shocking (player development in general is appalling from the Shitcoat).
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #2: Mar 28, 2016 03:53:30 pm
      Not sure except I'd prefer they got Mourinho to Simeone (and why would he leave....?) or another top class young manager.

One thing is for sure....if he does join the Manc's our games against them would have a bit more riding on them. Call it the "c**t" factor if you will.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3: Mar 28, 2016 03:56:47 pm
      F**k United.

I care more about what the F**k we do
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #4: Mar 28, 2016 03:58:34 pm
      Please don't F**k up on this one.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Mar 28, 2016 04:01:01 pm
      Arrogant tw*t managing arrogant club followed by arrogant pricks of fans. What could go wrong? Hopefully everything
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #6: Mar 28, 2016 04:38:13 pm
      Fans won't like him never mind the''special one''and the sort of crap related to it.Ferguson and Charlton want Giggs to take over. Can't wait for the mess he's gonna bring about. Looking forward to seeing him there.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2016 04:52:04 pm by nikos »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #7: Mar 28, 2016 04:49:23 pm
      Fans won't like him. Not gonna be moved by the ''special one crap. Ferguson and Charlton want Giggs to take over. Can't wait for the mess he's gonna bring about. Looking forward to seeing him there.

Haha a win win situation Nikos.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #8: Mar 28, 2016 05:00:18 pm
      Should we start thinking of making the ''Mourinho-Man ur. official laugh at thraed'' already Stuey? Futuristic one.

nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #9: Mar 28, 2016 05:05:30 pm
      Not much of a fan of surrealistic movies but this is gonna be a good one!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #10: Mar 28, 2016 05:29:03 pm
      Should we start thinking of making the ''Mourinho-Man ur. official laugh at thraed'' already Stuey? Futuristic one.

Looking forward to that one mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11: Mar 28, 2016 05:35:27 pm
      I think Mourinho is one of the most tactically astute and incredibly well prepared managers on his day. His clashes with Benitez a decade ago were masterful tactical battles.

However removing all bias from the fact I don't like him I find his potential appointment to Manchester United very strange and a little desperate on the Mancs part. Mourinho is a short term manager. He burns out within three years and leaves clubs not necessarily in prime football health condition. Whether his demise at Chelsea is indicative of a style of football that is becoming outdated and hard to comprehend for the new, more technically gifted, free thinker generation of footballers is something that we will see. I personally think Benitez suffers from that aspect now - that footballers are told to be a lot more expressive these days than a decade ago. Disciplining them to be exact to standards trained time and time again on the training field is harder for them to comprehend. I think there are hints that this is happening to Mourinho. For a club that has stated its ambition to develop youth via the mouthpieces of Giggs and Butt, there is nothing in Mourinho's gold digger history to suggest that he is anywhere near competent to bring forward and nurture the next generation of footballers. If Man Utd want the dominance they had under Ferguson, it will have to be under similar terms. An incredible burst of local talent that acted as the foundation for a generation of success. Mourinho doesn't have the long term mindset of Ferguson, nor does he have the communication on a youth level.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Mar 28, 2016 08:43:51 pm
      He'll fit right in with those bunch of cu*ts!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13: Mar 28, 2016 09:55:30 pm
      If he goes there I can see there being even more tension between us and them.

He knows how to create negative emotions and to use that to his advantage.

The bloke is a c**t.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14: Mar 28, 2016 10:47:17 pm
      Mourinho is the perfect manager for Man Utd... He will give them the "Siege Mentality" the whole "Us against the world" thing that he has given all his pervious teams that have bought out the best in them, which will make it harder for us against them...

Had not some of the players at Chelsea lead a revolt against him I truly believe that they would be top of the league today... The only two things that I like about this is (a) the Pl is a more entertaining place with Mourinho in it, and (b) Can't wait to see Mourinho stick it to Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #15: Mar 28, 2016 11:03:05 pm
      Mourinho is the perfect manager for Man Utd... He will give them the "Siege Mentality" the whole "Us against the world" thing that he has given all his pervious teams that have bought out the best in them, which will make it harder for us against them...

Had not some of the players at Chelsea lead a revolt against him I truly believe that they would be top of the league today... The only two things that I like about this is (a) the Pl is a more entertaining place with Mourinho in it, and (b) Can't wait to see Mourinho stick it to Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC

Sorry but the minute I want to see Mourinho get one over on someone - especially as manager of Man Utd - is the day you can call in the doctors and section me.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #16: Mar 28, 2016 11:10:47 pm

It is debatable which players in his many clubs, he has in fact improved.
      If that statement were true in a general sense Mourinho would have no reason to change clubs as often as he does.
      The ''us against the world'' mentality is a remnant of the Ferguson era, without the squad it took him 15 years to assemble that mind-set is unfeasible.

The players spoke out against him could see his methods were unworkable, other players ''the chosen ones'' thought the sun shone out of his arse, maybe that is the reason resentment eventually eats away at his squad.

Looking forward to him crashing good style, no team deserves it more.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Mar 28, 2016 11:42:59 pm
      If they hate a stubborn, defensive manager whilst LVG is in charge, they're gonna love the free-flowing, open-minded nature of Mourinho.

;D

At least LVG is giving their kids a go. He found Rashford, had Borthwick-Jackson in the side before his injury, given run outs to Varela and a few others.

Mourinho would never do that. He had Kenedy and Loftus-Cheek and shunned both of them.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Mar 29, 2016 09:39:05 am
      Here's a list of the fucks I could give about that c**t or that c**t of a club...

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #19: Mar 29, 2016 12:19:16 pm
      Sorry but the minute I want to see Mourinho get one over on someone - especially as manager of Man Utd - is the day you can call in the doctors and section me.
      Thats your call mate....I don't like players revolting against manager personally, I believe that they show lack of respect to the Supporters and the club in doing that... I also believe in that case the owner should all ways back the Managers, hence why I would love to see a  Mourinho/Man Utd team derail Chelsea and put them out of the 4th spot so long as Mourinho is there

It is debatable which players in his many clubs, he has in fact improved.
      If that statement were true in a general sense Mourinho would have no reason to change clubs as often as he does.
      The ''us against the world'' mentality is a remnant of the Ferguson era, without the squad it took him 15 years to assemble that mind-set is unfeasible.

Stu, I am not saying that Mourinho has improved players, but he has improve the way they play as a team and his tactic are usual sound... I can not attest to Real Madrid and his reasons for leaving, but with Inter He is on record as not liking the treatment he received from the Italian press I believe that, along with wanting to return to Chelsea (A club he loved, and felt really loved by thier supporters)) was a big part of him shifting clubs so often...

The players spoke out against him could see his methods were unworkable, other players ''the chosen ones'' thought the sun shone out of his arse, maybe that is the reason resentment eventually eats away at his squad.
      That could very well be true Mate but as I replied to Son Of A Gun ".I don't like players revolting against manager personally, I believe that they show lack of respect to the Supporters and the club in doing that..."

Looking forward to him crashing good style, no team deserves it more.
      So do I, as long as they keep sicking it to Chelsea along the way
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Mar 29, 2016 12:38:33 pm
      What do I expect?

Complete carnage and total meltdown with another wasted 3 years trying to get back to the fergie era, followed by another 3 to 5 years in the wilderness doing what they should be doing this time, which is replace VG with an up and coming young coach to build another great squad.

I can't wait  ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #21: Mar 29, 2016 03:26:43 pm
      Sorry to be a grump but the title of this thread is very misleading. I thought it was a confirmed done deal, but it is just speculation and nothing new. This should just be in the United thread anyway. I am pretty sure there is probably a Mourinho thread anyway.

EDIT: Ran a search and I couldn't be bothered to finish going through the first page of results and there are almost 40 pages.
      My estimate is there could be 250+ threads about Mourinho on this forum.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,10026.msg196701.html#msg196701
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,35879.msg1264991.html#msg1264991
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,45624.msg1620500.html#msg1620500
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,42812.msg1257956.html#msg1257956
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,36885.msg943207.html#msg943207
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,22438.msg440441.html#msg440441
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,8031.msg137098.html#msg137098
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,26982.msg558043.html#msg558043
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,14766.msg276140.html#msg276140

Quick Reply