Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mario Balotelli (to China? Sampdoria?)

Read 37080 times
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Re: Mario Balotelli (to China? Sampdoria?)
      Reply #161: Jul 15, 2016 02:02:19 pm
      He could go to the blue sh*te for all I care.  Just get rid!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #162: Jul 15, 2016 03:19:19 pm
      There were even some posters who suggested Rodgers "misused" Mario. Almost as daft as the f****** idiots who suggested signing the daft c*** was a good idea :lmao:. Anyways, it seems Jürgen agrees with Rodgers on this one, another TC flop.

Just a second Mick I thought you always credited or blamed the manager for signings?

Now suddenly with Markovic and Balotelli the blame falls squarely on the TC?

For what it's worth it's exactly my view that while the TC were clearly more influential in the signings of Markovic/Balotelli/Alberto etc Brendan should still share the responsibility as he still signed off on them. The same as every signing that is made under Jürgen he will have culpability for, thankfully I think he also has much more power in target and selection of our current crop so I'm much happier with how things stand right now.

As for misuse with the clown that is Balotelli, if you're referring to me, I made the point that Brendan misused the strikers he had available which included Balotelli. He had a total fall out with Borini as he wouldn't move and basically treated him like a black sheep, in doing so he also played Balotelli as a loan striker. The only times he played as a two he looked much more effective, such as against Spurs with Sturridge.

So yes playing Balotelli as a loan striker was misuse.

Keeping Borini out of the side when we were so clearly struggling for any goals was misuse.

Using Lambert as a last 5 minute sub when he was looking our most effective striker was misuse.

3 terrible strikers that I still believe we never got the most from. A good manager makes use of all talents available to achieve the greatest possible results, no matter how poor the players are he can still be judged by his effective use of that 'talent' and Brendan failed. He failed in recruitment, development and application.

Jürgen has come in and is immediately correcting the mistakes of the previous regime. He's said to Mario, do one lad, you're not wanted. Exactly what should have been said before, especially after he had the long sit down chat with Brendan. He never should have arrived, no matter how little Brendan was involved in the process, no matter how much he "categorically stated" that he'd never be a Liverpool player he still oversaw his arrival and had the final say, for that he carries the full weight of responsibility for that choice.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #163: Jul 15, 2016 05:11:53 pm
      don't think i knew about any of them (maybe i don't read enough bad newspapers). one of them is just "balotelli got caught speeding", so what? anyway, none of that is anything like the bullshit that used to get printed about him.

Well considering the Liverpool Echo printed all the above plus a few other stories, it was obvious those stories were told to the press BY the club.

He's hugely over-rated and should never have been bought, sell him as fast as possible and go let him be a c**t elsewhere.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #164: Jul 15, 2016 07:02:10 pm
      I did 120 once...for the same reason...for a laugh and because I could. Thank goodness I wasn't representing a football club at the time, Lord have mercy!!

So - your saying its ok that our players (and people in general) are driving in excess of 100mph..?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #165: Jul 26, 2016 06:25:18 am
      The reality is Ballo needs to grow up and fast - the way he is going the gravy train will stop for him if it hasent already.

No chance of that .
      Been left behind to train with Under 23s and if no one comes in for him  under the new rules that is where he will play this season.

Just a second Mick I thought you always credited or blamed the manager for signings?

Now suddenly with Markovic and Balotelli the blame falls squarely on the TC?

For what it's worth it's exactly my view that while the TC were clearly more influential in the signings of Markovic/Balotelli/Alberto etc Brendan should still share the responsibility as he still signed off on them. The same as every signing that is made under Jürgen he will have culpability for, thankfully I think he also has much more power in target and selection of our current crop so I'm much happier with how things stand right now.

As for misuse with the clown that is Balotelli, if you're referring to me, I made the point that Brendan misused the strikers he had available which included Balotelli.
      He had a total fall out with Borini as he wouldn't move and basically treated him like a black sheep, in doing so he also played Balotelli as a loan striker. The only times he played as a two he looked much more effective, such as against Spurs with Sturridge.

So yes playing Balotelli as a loan striker was misuse.

Keeping Borini out of the side when we were so clearly struggling for any goals was misuse.

Using Lambert as a last 5 minute sub when he was looking our most effective striker was misuse.

3 terrible strikers that I still believe we never got the most from. A good manager makes use of all talents available to achieve the greatest possible results, no matter how poor the players are he can still be judged by his effective use of that 'talent' and Brendan failed.
      He failed in recruitment, development and application.

Jürgen has come in and is immediately correcting the mistakes of the previous regime.

He's said to Mario, do one lad, you're not wanted.
      Exactly what should have been said before, especially after he had the long sit down chat with Brendan.
      He never should have arrived, no matter how little Brendan was involved in the process, no matter how much he "categorically stated" that he'd never be a Liverpool player he still oversaw his arrival and had the final say, for that he carries the full weight of responsibility for that choice.

Yes Luke. Is right .

Entirely agree with every word mate.

-------------------------------------

I did 126 mph.
      Three month ban .
      Not clever.

Racer will know the car.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #166: Jul 26, 2016 10:01:39 am

-------------------------------------

I did 126 mph.
      Three month ban .
      Not clever.

Skip you have got to stop speeding on your mobility scooter.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #167: Jul 26, 2016 10:19:21 am
      We need to get this idiot out of the club, him training with the kids will do nothing for their development. Off him out free to whoever will have him and we'll pay all his wages. Either that or pay him off and f*ck him off, the lads a f****** waste of space.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #168: Jul 26, 2016 10:25:23 am
                   Skip you have got to stop speeding on your mobility scooter.

Just for that one Billy  ....... it was my Merc Brabus .
      Racer will update you  ;D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #169: Jul 26, 2016 01:15:51 pm
      We need to get this idiot out of the club, him training with the kids will do nothing for their development. Off him out free to whoever will have him and we'll pay all his wages. Either that or pay him off and f*ck him off, the lads a f****** waste of space.

To be fair, I see him as a great example -- heralded as one of the most naturally gifted players of his generation, a future Ballon d'Or winner, yet almost completely forgotten about by his mid twenties. 

Take note kids, talent means nothing without application.  Potential is wasted if you don't put in the work to nurture it. 
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #170: Jul 26, 2016 07:52:09 pm
      Bloody hell, even the Chinese don't seem to want him. Still loads of time left for teams to get desperate enough to scrap *under* the barrel (he's lower than the bottom)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #171: Jul 26, 2016 10:37:03 pm

Meanwhile in Turkey, Fanatik are reporting that Besiktas want to sign Mario Balotelli, but are being put off by the Italian's wage demands.

Unsurprisingly, the report claims Besiktas would be keen to secure a loan deal, with Liverpool contributing a portion of Balotelli's salary.

In other news, I'd love a holiday to the Maldives, but I've only got a tenner, so if someone can pay the rest for me that'd be great.

Another Benteke regarding money .

Thats where the simliarity  finishes though.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-rumours-joao-mario-11666291
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #172: Jul 26, 2016 11:07:27 pm
      Laughed when I saw the title of this thread, ("to China? Sampdoria?); subtly captures our collective sense of "we don't care where he goes, just please F***ing take him, someone, please, anyone?!".
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #173: Jul 27, 2016 11:09:20 am
      C'mon to F**k... surely there's one... just one F***ing mug manager, out there, who still believes that anyone he can 'get the best' from this goat.  :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #174: Jul 27, 2016 05:38:04 pm
      Can someone on Merseyside pay for a taxi to the airport?

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/758325558522613760
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #175: Jul 28, 2016 10:07:26 pm
      Reportedly turned down Besiktas. Apparently after a move to one of the big 3 leagues.

Got to be offended if you are Besiktas.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #176: Jul 28, 2016 10:13:28 pm
      Reportedly turned down Besiktas. Apparently after a move to one of the big 3 leagues.

Got to be offended if you are Besiktas.

I get that he doesn't want to move to Turkey BUT nobody else wants him.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #177: Jul 28, 2016 10:32:19 pm
      Perhaps if he made a go of it in Turkey, better offers would come, money is his motivation, not bettering himself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #178: Jul 29, 2016 12:31:46 am
      Perhaps if he made a go of it in Turkey, better offers would come, money is his motivation, not bettering himself.

Due to the political situation in Turkey can understand why Mario can't be arsed going there.

Mario Gomez was due to join either Beskitas or Fenerbache (can't remember which) after being on loan there last season, but due to the ongoing situation he has said he won't be returning.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #179: Jul 29, 2016 07:51:10 am
      https://www.instagram.com/p/BISFBwnBKgR/?taken-by=mb459

When Mario is posting pics of himself on Instagram with the youth team you have to ask a lot of questions... Is this him showing how willing he is to work to get back on track - or more dissolution..?

Personally, I am not a fan of him influencing the youth team - and they all seem pretty keen to be around him.

If he is not sold soon I can see him playing more games than we want next season - and being on the bench a lot.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #180: Jul 29, 2016 08:26:50 am
      Is he still here,everyday I look at this thread hoping to see he has left Anfield for good.He should not be allowed anywhere near the kids,they do not need his kind of influence.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #181: Jul 29, 2016 09:50:19 am
      Is he still here,everyday I look at this thread hoping to see he has left Anfield for good.He should not be allowed anywhere near the kids,they do not need his kind of influence.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #182: Jul 29, 2016 12:20:03 pm

Personally, I am not a fan of him influencing the youth team - and they all seem pretty keen to be around him.

They're just after a new i-phone ;)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #183: Jul 29, 2016 10:07:30 pm

When Mario is posting pics of himself on Instagram with the youth team you have to ask a lot of questions... Is this him showing how willing he is to work to get back on track - or more dissolution..?

I've laid into Mario as much as anyone, but fair play to the lad for not going into his shell and moping.

Still don't think we should hang onto him, but I've warmed to him a bit ... until the next pic with of him wearing chandeliers in his ears ...

Quick Reply