Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who is going through to the semi finals?

Liverpool
      70 (92.1%)
      Dortmund
      6 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2016 02:07:27 pm

Pre match : Liverpool v Dortmund 14th April 2nd leg (1-1)

Read 13778 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Dortmund 14th April 2nd leg (1-1)
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2016 04:35:00 pm
      I think rather than try to keep things tight, we should go at them from the first minute. Get the crowd going get them on the back foot and hopefully get the goal or two that puts us through. If we are going to concede I would rather we concede early when we have time to recover, rather than late on when the only thing we have time for is to panic.

We have all seen many times how hard it is for a team that starts slowly to change gears when things go wrong. So start in top gear go for their throat and tear the game away from them. Why give them time to get settled and accustomed to the noise... surely that is what ALL away sides want 20mins to settle and quiet the crowd.

Don't give them that , put them on the back foot , put them under pressure and hope they crack. I remember when we played Juventus back in 2004/5 ,we hit them with 20 mins of full throttle football and the game was won before Juventus even knew it had started.

Mignolet

Clyne           Lovren           Sakho          Moreno

Allen      Can      Milner

Lallana                  Coutinho 

Sturridge   

Gone for Sturridge but could just as easily have been Origi. Bobby has been off the pace since he's been injured, so going for Lallana to start.       

Firmino in Lallana's place. He loves big games.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3914 
      Reply #24: Apr 12, 2016 04:36:17 pm
      I guess you didn't watch the Dortmund game last week then?

I've put my post into context by using the word 'home game'

I think it's a totally different story when playing a second leg at home.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2016 04:55:03 pm
      I don't give a F**k who starts as long as they fight for their lives and run their ass off. That's Klopp job and my job to support them every second of the game.

We need to qualify this to give Klopp and the team confidence for next season and I think they will do.

YNWA
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2016 08:12:21 pm
      Studge a must for this he is our best striker bar none. Firminho non starter for me has to be lallana
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #27: Apr 12, 2016 08:45:13 pm
      I'd go with:

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Origi.

Think we'll end up losing this one. Can see it being a hard luck story. Something like they score early and we push and push for an equaliser, but just fall short.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #28: Apr 12, 2016 08:49:12 pm
      I'd go with:

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Origi.

Think we'll end up losing this one. Can see it being a hard luck story. Something like they score early and we push and push for an equaliser, but just fall short.

Keep up the predictions as I'm sure you predicted we would lose in Dortmund   :)
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #29: Apr 12, 2016 08:54:20 pm
      Keep up the predictions as I'm sure you predicted we would lose in Dortmund   :)

I did! :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Apr 12, 2016 08:58:56 pm
      I'd go with:

Swop Origi for Milner and you have the same team as I picked.... we win with my team :)
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #31: Apr 12, 2016 09:01:34 pm
      Swop Origi for Milner and you have the same team as I picked.... we win with my team :)

:D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: Apr 12, 2016 09:19:48 pm
      I think rather than try to keep things tight, we should go at them from the first minute. Get the crowd going get them on the back foot and hopefully get the goal or two that puts us through. If we are going to concede I would rather we concede early when we have time to recover, rather than late on when the only thing we have time for is to panic.

We have all seen many times how hard it is for a team that starts slowly to change gears when things go wrong. So start in top gear go for their throat and tear the game away from them. Why give them time to get settled and accustomed to the noise... surely that is what ALL away sides want 20mins to settle and quiet the crowd.

Don't give them that , put them on the back foot , put them under pressure and hope they crack. I remember when we played Juventus back in 2004/5 ,we hit them with 20 mins of full throttle football and the game was won before Juventus even knew it had started.

Mignolet

Clyne           Lovren           Sakho          Moreno

Allen      Can      Milner

Lallana                  Coutinho 

Sturridge   

Gone for Sturridge but could just as easily have been Origi. Bobby has been off the pace since he's been injured, so going for Lallana to start.       

That's what I'd go with too mate, I'd refresh around the hour tho with Bobby on for Lallana, Divock on for Studge, dependant on the score of course, hopefully tho the tie will be over by then and it won't matter that much, BvB will come with a game plan but I think after last weeks fantastic result they will be more worried about us than we are of them, they would have wanted a lead coming into this leg, so their task is much more difficult than what they have liked, tactically I'd be on them from the off, play a high pressing game and don't let them f***in breath,  squeeze the life out of them,keep on them and their frustration will do a sh*t load of damage, in between of course we will create our chances and I'd like to think that we by half time we'll be two up and, game over.

2-1 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33: Apr 12, 2016 09:45:18 pm
      Would love to, but who do you drop?we need Lallana and Coutinho in my eyes.
      I think you bench Milner and go with Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Origi. as BarneyLFC said
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2016 09:47:53 pm
      Think Milner gives away too many unnecessary fouls
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #35: Apr 12, 2016 10:43:21 pm
      I think rather than try to keep things tight, we should go at them from the first minute.

Agree with this.  I can see Dortmund scoring at least twice so this isn't the game for us to try and be the world's greatest defence - because lets face it - we're not.

I'd be amazed if our away goal over there ended up counting for anything.  They've got a lot more goals in them so quite literally our only form of defence is attack. 

Think it would be reasonable for the manager to start with the one up front again like against Stoke.  He showed then that he was prepared to make a change at half time to the two up front so it mightn't be a bad strategy to try again.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3914 
      Reply #36: Apr 12, 2016 10:44:42 pm
      If we get through this round then our season is still well and truly alive!!!!

Come on Liverpool!!!!!
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #37: Apr 12, 2016 10:53:49 pm
      Think Klopp will go for 0:0 as it is, with a chance to break anytime.

Mignolet

Clyne - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno

Lucas
                   Can
                                 Lallana
           Milner                      Coutinho       
                          Firmino

with Origi and Sturridge off the bench if needed. What a strike force to have on the bench. Dortmund hardly get 2 shots on target anyway, thats my prediction ´cause Klopp never allows chances to the opposition in reverse cup game.

Jürgen f**king neutralized them at home when we were scared of 0:5 didnt he?! No chance they will have a field day at Anfield.
      1:0 Sakho/Lovren set piece.

BVB wont score in England. you can quote me on that. believe

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #38: Apr 12, 2016 11:07:37 pm
      Most important game we've had for a little while. I fancy us to win. Just go get it done.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Apr 12, 2016 11:30:52 pm
      A special request to Dortmund, please play as sh*t as PSG did tonight ;D Thanks!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #40: Apr 13, 2016 12:03:15 am
      Gonna be two mosaics going off in the ground, our usual Hilsborough mosaic tribute in the kop, but also the Dortmund fans are going to have one saying '96' in yellow and black as well.

GMM
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #41: Apr 13, 2016 06:04:44 am
      Some former Dortmund guy called Steffen Freund has just made a statement in media claiming Lovren and Sakho are our weaklest links... Obviously that nonsense but I hope they don't read about it lest they let it get to their head  :( :( :(...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,722 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Apr 13, 2016 09:49:28 am
      Let's F***ing do this. Can't wait till 4.45am Friday Morning Aussie time. F***ing pumped.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Apr 13, 2016 10:19:52 am
      Looking forward to a good Liverpool win,an early goal (or 2 ) for us would put the pressure on Dortmund.Come on you REDS we can do this. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #44: Apr 13, 2016 10:51:57 am
      Like a few of you have already said I think our best chance is to go at them and their style probably suits this as well.

They're going to score so we need to get goals as well to win this one.

Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Moreno

Can
      Allen

Lallana
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Sturridge
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #45: Apr 13, 2016 11:04:08 am
      . Think it would be reasonable for the manager to start with the one up front again like against Stoke.  He showed then that he was prepared to make a change at half time to the two up front so it mightn't be a bad strategy to try again.

I now wonder whether the Stoke game was a little tester to see how Origi and Sturridge faired as a pairing for this game.

It would have certainly given the Dortmund scouts at the game something to think about.

Quick Reply