Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who is going through to the semi finals?

Liverpool
      70 (92.1%)
      Dortmund
      6 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2016 02:07:27 pm

Pre match : Liverpool v Dortmund 14th April 2nd leg (1-1)

Read 13781 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Dortmund 14th April 2nd leg (1-1)
      Reply #46: Apr 13, 2016 11:41:03 am
      Some former Dortmund guy called Steffen Freund has just made a statement in media claiming Lovren and Sakho are our weaklest links... Obviously that nonsense but I hope they don't read about it lest they let it get to their head  :( :( :(...

You mean former Dortmund, Tottenham, Leicester and German International, Stefan Freund.

Big Dunc had the right idea  :D

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #47: Apr 13, 2016 01:17:21 pm
      we are bound to let a goal in so we must attack to get 2 or 3.  i'm  sure Klopp will have a plan. CMON Redmen!!!!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #48: Apr 13, 2016 02:00:36 pm
      Looking on the Dortmund Forums - then with a bit of my awful translating they seem worried about this game... I hope that feeds through to the players on the night.

Will be a really tough game and whilst we have seen some amazing nights at Anfield - we have also seen some shockers. Lets just go out there and do us all proud. If the team loses but gives a great account of themselves I will still be a happy fan...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Apr 13, 2016 02:12:43 pm
      Looking on the Dortmund Forums - then with a bit of my awful translating they seem worried about this game... I hope that feeds through to the players on the night.

Will be a really tough game and whilst we have seen some amazing nights at Anfield - we have also seen some shockers. Lets just go out there and do us all proud. If the team loses but gives a great account of themselves I will still be a happy fan...

I've just been on a Dortmund forum and it's basically just a load of Dortmund supporting Americans who don't have much of a grasp on the whole situation.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #50: Apr 13, 2016 05:28:04 pm
      Fighting talk.

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/720286333768314881

Whatever the result I think we're in for one hell of a game of football.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #51: Apr 13, 2016 05:40:57 pm
      Fighting talk.

Pity he didn't think of that when they played at home  ;D

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #52: Apr 13, 2016 05:57:17 pm
      Fighting talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu5JdmsLWVk

Jürgen's reply after we win.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #53: Apr 13, 2016 06:05:19 pm
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #54: Apr 13, 2016 07:39:17 pm
      Amazing how the clubs supporters are so alike. We like them and they like us, I like that.
      However my German friends we are going through as our name is on that trophy.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #55: Apr 13, 2016 07:46:19 pm
      Game could even go to extra time and penalties. Just hope that the lads don't bottle another big game. Otherwise our season will be well and truly over
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #56: Apr 13, 2016 10:36:13 pm
      Second leg at Anfield
      Qtr final of a European competition
      Evenly balanced.
      Doesn't get much better really..

We've been involved in great games like these for over 50 years..
      and they've all given us the jitters..but that's what we're all about.

gonna be the best game of footy on the telly this week by a mile..

Hope all you who are going have a brilliant time.

MsGerrard
      Reply #57: Apr 13, 2016 10:44:58 pm
      Massive massive game this, to say I'm buzzing is an understatement, doubt I'll sleep a wink tonight with the butterflies already kicking in  ;)

Really looking forward to being in Liverpool for a couple of days for the game and the final Hillsborough memorial service on Friday, very emotional two days to contend with, because whatever the result tomorrow, it's gonna be a heart stopping game with raw passion from both teams on the night, the respect that Dortmund have shown to Jürgen and LFC and the JFT96 has been second to none and like Huyton Red said above there will be a mosaic at both ends of the ground, should be a spectacle to see.

Gonna be a tight cracking game, Jürgen, just like in the first leg will set us up brilliantly and it's down to them to come at us, which I'm certain they will, they definately have goals in them and I can see them scoring without a shadow of a doubt, just hope we score more !! Strongest team possible to play this one and substitutions could be key to the game. Everyone will be up for this match and I can't wait to stand on the KOP and saviour every single moment.

There is a meeting at the King Harry pub to bring the coach into Anfield, throwback to 2014 when we did this for the last few games of the season....can just imagine how pumped up all the fans will be for this  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Enjoy the game everyone and lets hope the result is the right one and our name is in that hat for Friday.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #58: Apr 13, 2016 10:48:29 pm
      Massive massive game this, to say I'm buzzing is an understatement, doubt I'll sleep a wink tonight with the butterflies already kicking in  ;)

Really looking forward to being in Liverpool for a couple of days for the game and the final Hillsborough memorial service on Friday, very emotional two days to contend with, because whatever the result tomorrow, it's gonna be a heart stopping game with raw passion from both teams on the night, the respect that Dortmund have shown to Jürgen and LFC and the JFT96 has been second to none and like Huyton Red said above there will be a mosaic at both ends of the ground, should be a spectacle to see.

Gonna be a tight cracking game, Jürgen, just like in the first leg will set us up brilliantly and it's down to them to come at us, which I'm certain they will, they definately have goals in them and I can see them scoring without a shadow of a doubt, just hope we score more !! Strongest team possible to play this one and substitutions could be key to the game. Everyone will be up for this match and I can't wait to stand on the KOP and saviour every single moment.

There is a meeting at the King Harry pub to bring the coach into Anfield, throwback to 2014 when we did this for the last few games of the season....can just imagine how pumped up all the fans will be for this  :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Enjoy the game everyone and lets hope the result is the right one and our name is in that hat for Friday.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Get in too late to meet up, but if you're on The Kop, I'll give you a wave from the Upper Centenary.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #59: Apr 13, 2016 10:52:12 pm
      Get in too late to meet up, but if you're on The Kop, I'll give you a wave from the Upper Centenary.

Nice one Rodders  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: I am in the Kop  ;) be having a couple of drinks after the game which will make a nice change as I normally have to rush back for the coach if you fancy a bevy or two  :ernaehrung004:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #60: Apr 13, 2016 10:56:19 pm
      Migs
      clyne,lovren,sakho,Moreno
      can, Allen, milner
      sturridge, firmino,coutinho

with gundogan likely to start in midfield just think we need extra cover in midfield or risk being overrun
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #61: Apr 13, 2016 10:59:14 pm
      So Tuchel says he's coming to attack, that's just perfect, playing into our hands, I honestly think we will do these reasonably comfortably, you know, the kind of after thought when you wonder what all the fuss was about,

Re- the apprehension going to the Bernabau, or to the camp nou, all those years ago,we came out of there ok didn't we, yep I know we're at home but still, no f**ker gave us a earthly, no f**ker gave us a earthly last fooking week either,

Herr Tuchel and his merry men are quality, but we are capable of matching them and then some, we stick with Jürgen's plan, to the letter, and let them worry about us, like last week, we will score, no doubt about that, we just need to get two, and kill them off, if only Divock had got that second just before the break eh !

2-1 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #62: Apr 13, 2016 11:09:55 pm
      I am expecting the Kop to oblige Klopp tomorrow with something like

http://youtu.be/XlP9KGjqXf4
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #63: Apr 13, 2016 11:13:01 pm
      I am looking forward to this one - as others have said this should be the best European game on this week!

8th in the league and the Quarter Final of the UEFA Cup - let's face it - not quite an above average season just yet!

Going to be very difficult tomorrow.  It's been a long time since I've seen the bookmakers so clearly place the opposition as favourites at Anfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #64: Apr 13, 2016 11:18:43 pm
      I am looking forward to this one - as others have said this should be the best European game on this week!

8th in the league and the Quarter Final of the UEFA Cup - let's face it - not quite an above average season just yet!

Going to be very difficult tomorrow.  It's been a long time since I've seen the bookmakers so clearly place the opposition as favourites at Anfield.

Anfield - where dreams are destroyed for opposition teams.

I have a feeling we are heading back to that position.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #65: Apr 14, 2016 04:45:42 am
      Dortmund are coming here to score 2 or 3, that much is obvious. The encouraging thing is we haven't conceded 2 goals or more outside of the Skrtel horror show in 12 games; including 5 clean sheets. Our defensive organisation (Skrtel horror show aside) has been really good but that doesn't mean I think we'll get through the 90 without conceding, I don't.

I think we're actually going to go into extra time, if I had to place a bet now on the score I'd say 1-1 would be a massive favourite.

The other thing people can take encouragement from is that we are scoring well right now, in the last 12 games we've scored 2 or more 6 times and only failed to score in 1 of those games (which was away from home).

Finally, Dortmund aren't as good away from home, in terms of both conceding (concede almost double) and scoring (less of a difference). So there are plenty of reasons to feel we've got through the hardest part of the task, but I re-iterate it is far away from job done.

Team selection, I'd go with:

Migs
         Clyne     Lovren    Sakho   Moreno
                        Allen   Can
             Milner      Lallana    Coutinho
                          Sturridge

Reasons being, I think at home we're going to get much more of the ball and they're going to over extend much more. I think we'll get much more meaningful possession in and around their box with Allen in the side, plus if Milner can turn up like he did against Stoke then putting him on this side (him and Allen worked excellently together) could really work in our favour. That's what leads me to choose Sturridge over Origi but that call is definitely a close one and really does depend how you see the game panning out. Firmino is the one to lose out right now, since returning from injury he hasn't looked quite up to the pace yet, I can see plenty of reasoning for putting him in the 10 role instead of Lallana and those are clearly the two key decisions that Jürgen has to make.

1-1 With us winning 2-1 in extra time would be my prediction right now and I honestly think whichever team wins this is likely to go on to win the tournament.

Come on Red men, do us proud.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #66: Apr 14, 2016 05:28:28 am
      Dortmund are coming here to score 2 or 3, that much is obvious. The encouraging thing is we haven't conceded 2 goals or more outside of the Skrtel horror show in 12 games; including 5 clean sheets. Our defensive organisation (Skrtel horror show aside) has been really good but that doesn't mean I think we'll get through the 90 without conceding, I don't.

I think we're actually going to go into extra time, if I had to place a bet now on the score I'd say 1-1 would be a massive favourite.

The other thing people can take encouragement from is that we are scoring well right now, in the last 12 games we've scored 2 or more 6 times and only failed to score in 1 of those games (which was away from home).

Finally, Dortmund aren't as good away from home, in terms of both conceding (concede almost double) and scoring (less of a difference). So there are plenty of reasons to feel we've got through the hardest part of the task, but I re-iterate it is far away from job done.

Team selection, I'd go with:

Migs
         Clyne     Lovren    Sakho   Moreno
                        Allen   Can
             Milner      Lallana    Coutinho
                          Sturridge

Reasons being, I think at home we're going to get much more of the ball and they're going to over extend much more. I think we'll get much more meaningful possession in and around their box with Allen in the side, plus if Milner can turn up like he did against Stoke then putting him on this side (him and Allen worked excellently together) could really work in our favour. That's what leads me to choose Sturridge over Origi but that call is definitely a close one and really does depend how you see the game panning out. Firmino is the one to lose out right now, since returning from injury he hasn't looked quite up to the pace yet, I can see plenty of reasoning for putting him in the 10 role instead of Lallana and those are clearly the two key decisions that Jürgen has to make.

1-1 With us winning 2-1 in extra time would be my prediction right now and I honestly think whichever team wins this is likely to go on to win the tournament.

Come on Red men, do us proud.

Don't think Origi will lose his place personally. I'd play them both but then again I'm no tactician. I just think we need to score a few here to ensure a victory.

Otherwise, agree with pretty much the rest of your post mate. :)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #67: Apr 14, 2016 05:40:51 am

Beats an FACup reply on a wednesday night in London that's for sure !!

I'm glutten for punishment me!
      I've got my German friend (Dortmund Fan ) coming over from Germany just to watch the match at ours (and consume bountiful amounts of Alcohol as well!)!

COYR gone for a conservative 2-1 to the reds tonight !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: Apr 14, 2016 06:24:46 am
      Friday off and drinkypoos mate?

As for the game, I'm gonna have to go for us to get 2/3 with the crucial one coming in the late 80/early 90 minute mark. We don't do f**king easy do we now.

Get ready Red-folks and set your hearts to stun.

Don't drink much but will indulge in other things as per pre game ritual.  ;)

Don't know if the old ticker coulde handle a close game, hope you are right and we score 2 or 3 and they score f**king zippo.

F***ing PUMPED.

Quick Reply