Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool, Sunday 17th April, 13:30

Read 5529 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool, Sunday 17th April, 13:30
      Apr 16, 2016 09:08:57 am
      Can the lads get up again after such a high on Thursday, we need to keep the momentum going till the end of the season.

I would go with

Migs
      Clyne
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Flanno

Lucas
      Allen
      Milner

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Sturridge
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool, Sunday 17th April, 13:30
      Reply #1: Apr 16, 2016 11:18:36 am
      I think we'll see a fair bit of rotation for this game.  Only 2 days since a gruelling 90 minutes against Dortmund with another tough game against the bitters on Wednesday and it didn't effect us against Stoke last weekend. 

Midfield has to change anyway but it wouldn't surprise me to see Stewart start instead of Milner, Firmino and Studge probably start as they need minutes but maybe Cou will get a rest and be a bench option alongside Origi.

They're a decent footballing side who won't park the bus or kick lumps out of us so it should be a good game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Apr 16, 2016 11:24:59 am
      I think we'll see a fair bit of rotation for this game.  Only 2 days since a gruelling 90 minutes against Dortmund with another tough game against the bitters on Wednesday and it didn't effect us against Stoke last weekend. 

Midfield has to change anyway but it wouldn't surprise me to see Stewart start instead of Milner, Firmino and Studge probably start as they need minutes but maybe Cou will get a rest and be a bench option alongside Origi.

They're a decent footballing side who won't park the bus or kick lumps out of us so it should be a good game.

The good thing about the midweek game is that Everton will be resting players for their FA Cup game next weekend.

I'd like to see a little rotation for tomorrow but not too much. I'd like to see Flanagan and Smith get some game time, start Sturridge from the off, Allen for Milner and then we'll probably see Lucas for Can in the midfield.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3: Apr 16, 2016 11:27:23 am
      I'd like to see Sturridge and Origi start up front together and if that happens, I think we'll win comfortably.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Apr 16, 2016 11:32:36 am
      I'd go with a 4-1-4-1 of:
                        Migs
        Flanno Lovren Sahko Moreno
                      Lucas
        Lallana  Allen Firmino Ibe/Ojo
                     Sturridge
      Subs: Ward, Toure, Clyne, Stewart, Milner, Origi, Coutinho

One of the many fatigue mgt rotations I expect for a busy week.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Apr 16, 2016 11:53:03 am
      The good thing about the midweek game is that Everton will be resting players for their FA Cup game next weekend.

I'd like to see a little rotation for tomorrow but not too much. I'd like to see Flanagan and Smith get some game time, start Sturridge from the off, Allen for Milner and then we'll probably see Lucas for Can in the midfield.

You may be right about Everton but their fans will be livid to see a weakened side in the derby, regardless of the semi final.

Who knows mate we could see a few 21s in the squad, their game was postponed on Thursday and they don't play again till the 25th.

We might see the fbs rested especially Clyne, likewise the cbs.  Still think the midfield will be Lucas, Stewart and Allen with Firmino and Studge up top with possibly Ojo getting another start or replacing Lallana.

Like I said earlier we made 7 changes last weekend against a tough Stoke team, so we have the squad to rotate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6: Apr 16, 2016 12:04:03 pm
      We have 3 matches between 17-23 and 4 matches between 17-28. I think players that played full games against dortmund must be rested. That means resting Milner, Origi, Moreno, Clynne, Lovren, Sakho. That could leave us looking something like;

Ojo.    Firmino     Lallana           
        Allen    Lucas     Stewart
      Flanno Toure  Caulker  Smith       
                    Mignolet

Subs: Ward, Sturridge, Teixeira, Skrtel, bench fillers.

It is not that bad because we are playing against Bournemouth and we don't want injuries or burnouts before Villarreal or above could be our lineup against Villareal instead of Bournemouth. People need to have some faith in our squad players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Apr 16, 2016 12:29:22 pm
      There should certainly be some rotation for this match, but our "B team" didn't do to badly against Stoke so we should be able to beat Bournemouth I would think.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Apr 16, 2016 12:35:43 pm
      You may be right about Everton but their fans will be livid to see a weakened side in the derby, regardless of the semi final.

Who knows mate we could see a few 21s in the squad, their game was postponed on Thursday and they don't play again till the 25th.

We might see the fbs rested especially Clyne, likewise the cbs.  Still think the midfield will be Lucas, Stewart and Allen with Firmino and Studge up top with possibly Ojo getting another start or replacing Lallana.

Like I said earlier we made 7 changes last weekend against a tough Stoke team, so we have the squad to rotate.

They're going to get beat fielding their strongest team, might as well give them a rest :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Apr 16, 2016 12:40:51 pm
      They're going to get beat fielding their strongest team, might as well give them a rest :D

Agreed mate but their fans won't see it that way and they're already on his back.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #10: Apr 17, 2016 12:50:17 am
      I know it does not matter any more but i am allways hoping for a win.
      Last time we had some trouble against the,.i dont think it will be that case again.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11: Apr 17, 2016 03:07:46 am
      I know it does not matter any more but i am allways hoping for a win.
      Last time we had some trouble against the,.i dont think it will be that case again.

It matters alright. Damn right it does.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #12: Apr 17, 2016 03:35:50 am
      We have to be careful especially in the CM now with both Can and Hendo out.

Migs
      Flanno  Skrtel  Toure  Smith
                Stewart    Lucas
      Lallana      Firmino      Ojo
                       Sturridge
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #13: Apr 17, 2016 07:14:39 am
      It matters alright. Damn right it does.

It matters hugely. Finishing 5th or 6th looks a lot better than finishing 9th or 10th for player recruitment.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Apr 17, 2016 07:49:47 am

I don't think your far off the mark Debs,we seen last week the faith Jürgen has playing fringe players when required,.....

Migs
          Flanagan Skrtle Toure Smith
                      Lucas Stewart
              Firmino Allen Lallana
                         Sturridge

Bench ; Ward, Clyne, Milner,Brannagan, Ojo, Pedro, Ibe

2-0 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15: Apr 17, 2016 08:10:07 am
      We can (or at least should) do this lot, irrespective of which team Jürgen picks.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #16: Apr 17, 2016 08:15:24 am
      Hope Jürgen goes for a strong team, keep pressing for as high a finish as possible
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Apr 17, 2016 08:28:41 am
      Hope to see Ojo get more time in this game, was really encouraged by his game the other day and would probably start him on the left hand side. Also our fullbacks are in need of a rest, wouldn't be too surprised to see one or both given a rest as it's only a few days since the Dortmund game:

Migs
       Clyne     Lovren   Sakho  Smith
                     Lucas   Allen
             Lallana    Firmino   Ojo
                         Sturridge

Probably not strong enough on the left defensively but could overwhelm them too. Perhaps CBs rested also but they tend to get through less work in terms of running so it might be a case of go again.

Expect us to win this one, especially on the back of the high of Thursday night.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Apr 17, 2016 08:37:09 am
      Migs
          Flanagan Skrtle Toure Smith
                      Lucas Stewart
              Firmino Allen Lallana
                         Sturridge

I'm not so sure that Lucas, Allen and Stewart will all start now mate. 

We're basically down to our last 3 senior centre mids with the injuries to Can and Hendo out for the season.  Stewart isn't registered for the EL and we've 2 games a week till the end of the season, so with Lucas and Allen not being the most reliable injury wise and struggling when they have to play 90 minutes it's going to be a juggling act for Jürgen.

I'd have thought that Stewart will get plenty of PL games, rotated with Lucas as the only 2 DMs but we could see a fair bit of Pedro and Branners rotated for Allen.

It's all about the squad now and a chance for some of them to seal their places for next season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #19: Apr 17, 2016 08:39:49 am

We're basically down to our last 3 senior centre mids with the injuries to Can and Hendo out for the season.  Stewart isn't registered for the EL and we've 2 games a week till the end of the season, so with Lucas and Allen not being the most reliable injury wise and struggling when they have to play 90 minutes it's going to be a juggling act for Jürgen.

I'd have thought that Stewart will get plenty of PL games, rotated with Lucas as the only 2 DMs but we could see a fair bit of Pedro and Branners rotated for Allen.

It's all about the squad now and a chance for some of them to seal their places for next season.

Get the impression Jürgen really likes Pedro, good shout that Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Apr 17, 2016 08:53:47 am
      Get the impression Jürgen really likes Pedro, good shout that Debs.

Technically both he and Branners are on a par with Allen mate but like Allen their size might be against them, although they're both taller than him already  :D

The way I see it is we have 2 hopefully 3 massive EL games and I'd hate for us to be going into them with Pedro and Branners as our midfield 2.  Not that I don't think they're capable but the pressure on them to perform would be huge.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #21: Apr 17, 2016 09:25:10 am

Great points mate just shows how much I know 😂, yes looking at it from that perspective it's too much of a risk, I suppose in a good way it gives the young lads the chance to impress and you never know unveil some great potential for the future,
      The experience they gain also will be immeasurable, and open the door for other young lads that if they work hard enough they will get opportunities,

Great shout Debs.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #22: Apr 17, 2016 09:27:21 am
      Technically both he and Branners are on a par with Allen mate but like Allen their size might be against them, although they're both taller than him already  :D

The way I see it is we have 2 hopefully 3 massive EL games and I'd hate for us to be going into them with Pedro and Branners as our midfield 2.  Not that I don't think they're capable but the pressure on them to perform would be huge.

Again great shout Luke!

YNWA

Quick Reply