Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool, Sunday 17th April, 13:30

Read 5515 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool, Sunday 17th April, 13:30
      Apr 16, 2016 09:08:57 am
      Can the lads get up again after such a high on Thursday, we need to keep the momentum going till the end of the season.

I would go with

Migs
      Clyne
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Flanno

Lucas
      Allen
      Milner

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Sturridge
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Pre match : Bournemouth v Liverpool, Sunday 17th April, 13:30
      Reply #1: Apr 16, 2016 11:18:36 am
      I think we'll see a fair bit of rotation for this game.  Only 2 days since a gruelling 90 minutes against Dortmund with another tough game against the bitters on Wednesday and it didn't effect us against Stoke last weekend. 

Midfield has to change anyway but it wouldn't surprise me to see Stewart start instead of Milner, Firmino and Studge probably start as they need minutes but maybe Cou will get a rest and be a bench option alongside Origi.

They're a decent footballing side who won't park the bus or kick lumps out of us so it should be a good game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Apr 16, 2016 11:24:59 am
      I think we'll see a fair bit of rotation for this game.  Only 2 days since a gruelling 90 minutes against Dortmund with another tough game against the bitters on Wednesday and it didn't effect us against Stoke last weekend. 

Midfield has to change anyway but it wouldn't surprise me to see Stewart start instead of Milner, Firmino and Studge probably start as they need minutes but maybe Cou will get a rest and be a bench option alongside Origi.

They're a decent footballing side who won't park the bus or kick lumps out of us so it should be a good game.

The good thing about the midweek game is that Everton will be resting players for their FA Cup game next weekend.

I'd like to see a little rotation for tomorrow but not too much. I'd like to see Flanagan and Smith get some game time, start Sturridge from the off, Allen for Milner and then we'll probably see Lucas for Can in the midfield.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3: Apr 16, 2016 11:27:23 am
      I'd like to see Sturridge and Origi start up front together and if that happens, I think we'll win comfortably.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Apr 16, 2016 11:32:36 am
      I'd go with a 4-1-4-1 of:
                        Migs
        Flanno Lovren Sahko Moreno
                      Lucas
        Lallana  Allen Firmino Ibe/Ojo
                     Sturridge
      Subs: Ward, Toure, Clyne, Stewart, Milner, Origi, Coutinho

One of the many fatigue mgt rotations I expect for a busy week.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Apr 16, 2016 11:53:03 am
      The good thing about the midweek game is that Everton will be resting players for their FA Cup game next weekend.

I'd like to see a little rotation for tomorrow but not too much. I'd like to see Flanagan and Smith get some game time, start Sturridge from the off, Allen for Milner and then we'll probably see Lucas for Can in the midfield.

You may be right about Everton but their fans will be livid to see a weakened side in the derby, regardless of the semi final.

Who knows mate we could see a few 21s in the squad, their game was postponed on Thursday and they don't play again till the 25th.

We might see the fbs rested especially Clyne, likewise the cbs.  Still think the midfield will be Lucas, Stewart and Allen with Firmino and Studge up top with possibly Ojo getting another start or replacing Lallana.

Like I said earlier we made 7 changes last weekend against a tough Stoke team, so we have the squad to rotate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6: Apr 16, 2016 12:04:03 pm
      We have 3 matches between 17-23 and 4 matches between 17-28. I think players that played full games against dortmund must be rested. That means resting Milner, Origi, Moreno, Clynne, Lovren, Sakho. That could leave us looking something like;

Ojo.    Firmino     Lallana           
        Allen    Lucas     Stewart
      Flanno Toure  Caulker  Smith       
                    Mignolet

Subs: Ward, Sturridge, Teixeira, Skrtel, bench fillers.

It is not that bad because we are playing against Bournemouth and we don't want injuries or burnouts before Villarreal or above could be our lineup against Villareal instead of Bournemouth. People need to have some faith in our squad players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Apr 16, 2016 12:29:22 pm
      There should certainly be some rotation for this match, but our "B team" didn't do to badly against Stoke so we should be able to beat Bournemouth I would think.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Apr 16, 2016 12:35:43 pm
      You may be right about Everton but their fans will be livid to see a weakened side in the derby, regardless of the semi final.

Who knows mate we could see a few 21s in the squad, their game was postponed on Thursday and they don't play again till the 25th.

We might see the fbs rested especially Clyne, likewise the cbs.  Still think the midfield will be Lucas, Stewart and Allen with Firmino and Studge up top with possibly Ojo getting another start or replacing Lallana.

Like I said earlier we made 7 changes last weekend against a tough Stoke team, so we have the squad to rotate.

They're going to get beat fielding their strongest team, might as well give them a rest :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Apr 16, 2016 12:40:51 pm
      They're going to get beat fielding their strongest team, might as well give them a rest :D

Agreed mate but their fans won't see it that way and they're already on his back.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #10: Apr 17, 2016 12:50:17 am
      I know it does not matter any more but i am allways hoping for a win.
      Last time we had some trouble against the,.i dont think it will be that case again.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11: Apr 17, 2016 03:07:46 am
      I know it does not matter any more but i am allways hoping for a win.
      Last time we had some trouble against the,.i dont think it will be that case again.

It matters alright. Damn right it does.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #12: Apr 17, 2016 03:35:50 am
      We have to be careful especially in the CM now with both Can and Hendo out.

Migs
      Flanno  Skrtel  Toure  Smith
                Stewart    Lucas
      Lallana      Firmino      Ojo
                       Sturridge
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #13: Apr 17, 2016 07:14:39 am
      It matters alright. Damn right it does.

It matters hugely. Finishing 5th or 6th looks a lot better than finishing 9th or 10th for player recruitment.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Apr 17, 2016 07:49:47 am

I don't think your far off the mark Debs,we seen last week the faith Jürgen has playing fringe players when required,.....

Migs
          Flanagan Skrtle Toure Smith
                      Lucas Stewart
              Firmino Allen Lallana
                         Sturridge

Bench ; Ward, Clyne, Milner,Brannagan, Ojo, Pedro, Ibe

2-0 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15: Apr 17, 2016 08:10:07 am
      We can (or at least should) do this lot, irrespective of which team Jürgen picks.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #16: Apr 17, 2016 08:15:24 am
      Hope Jürgen goes for a strong team, keep pressing for as high a finish as possible
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Apr 17, 2016 08:28:41 am
      Hope to see Ojo get more time in this game, was really encouraged by his game the other day and would probably start him on the left hand side. Also our fullbacks are in need of a rest, wouldn't be too surprised to see one or both given a rest as it's only a few days since the Dortmund game:

Migs
       Clyne     Lovren   Sakho  Smith
                     Lucas   Allen
             Lallana    Firmino   Ojo
                         Sturridge

Probably not strong enough on the left defensively but could overwhelm them too. Perhaps CBs rested also but they tend to get through less work in terms of running so it might be a case of go again.

Expect us to win this one, especially on the back of the high of Thursday night.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Apr 17, 2016 08:37:09 am
      Migs
          Flanagan Skrtle Toure Smith
                      Lucas Stewart
              Firmino Allen Lallana
                         Sturridge

I'm not so sure that Lucas, Allen and Stewart will all start now mate. 

We're basically down to our last 3 senior centre mids with the injuries to Can and Hendo out for the season.  Stewart isn't registered for the EL and we've 2 games a week till the end of the season, so with Lucas and Allen not being the most reliable injury wise and struggling when they have to play 90 minutes it's going to be a juggling act for Jürgen.

I'd have thought that Stewart will get plenty of PL games, rotated with Lucas as the only 2 DMs but we could see a fair bit of Pedro and Branners rotated for Allen.

It's all about the squad now and a chance for some of them to seal their places for next season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #19: Apr 17, 2016 08:39:49 am

We're basically down to our last 3 senior centre mids with the injuries to Can and Hendo out for the season.  Stewart isn't registered for the EL and we've 2 games a week till the end of the season, so with Lucas and Allen not being the most reliable injury wise and struggling when they have to play 90 minutes it's going to be a juggling act for Jürgen.

I'd have thought that Stewart will get plenty of PL games, rotated with Lucas as the only 2 DMs but we could see a fair bit of Pedro and Branners rotated for Allen.

It's all about the squad now and a chance for some of them to seal their places for next season.

Get the impression Jürgen really likes Pedro, good shout that Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Apr 17, 2016 08:53:47 am
      Get the impression Jürgen really likes Pedro, good shout that Debs.

Technically both he and Branners are on a par with Allen mate but like Allen their size might be against them, although they're both taller than him already  :D

The way I see it is we have 2 hopefully 3 massive EL games and I'd hate for us to be going into them with Pedro and Branners as our midfield 2.  Not that I don't think they're capable but the pressure on them to perform would be huge.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      Reply #21: Apr 17, 2016 09:25:10 am

Great points mate just shows how much I know 😂, yes looking at it from that perspective it's too much of a risk, I suppose in a good way it gives the young lads the chance to impress and you never know unveil some great potential for the future,
      The experience they gain also will be immeasurable, and open the door for other young lads that if they work hard enough they will get opportunities,

Great shout Debs.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      Reply #22: Apr 17, 2016 09:27:21 am
      Technically both he and Branners are on a par with Allen mate but like Allen their size might be against them, although they're both taller than him already  :D

The way I see it is we have 2 hopefully 3 massive EL games and I'd hate for us to be going into them with Pedro and Branners as our midfield 2.  Not that I don't think they're capable but the pressure on them to perform would be huge.

Again great shout Luke!

YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23: Apr 17, 2016 09:32:00 am
      Win by 2/3 clear goals or more and we climb up to 7th, 1 point off West Ham in 6th with a game in hand, its imperative we get 3 points today, even a 1-0 will do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #24: Apr 17, 2016 09:32:29 am

Migs
                Stewart    Lucas
                       Sturridge

That's what I'd go for.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Apr 17, 2016 09:34:18 am
      Win by 2/3 clear goals or more and we climb up to 7th, 1 point off West Ham in 6th with a game in hand, its imperative we get 3 points today, even a 1-0 will do.

Just need WH not to win today Daz but we're slowly catching those above us.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Apr 17, 2016 09:43:54 am
      I think it is important that we keep winning our league matches,it does not matter who we play or rest the lads will be fired up.Keep that winning habit going and bring the 3 points back to Anfield.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Apr 17, 2016 09:46:48 am
      Just need WH not to win today Daz but we're slowly catching those above us.

Aye forgot to say that in my post, West Ham need to lose.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Apr 17, 2016 09:54:07 am
      Really hope we don't see a post Europe hangover. Ojo is a must to be starting, same with Firmino to get him back to full fitness.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Apr 17, 2016 10:05:12 am
      I think it is important that we keep winning our league matches,it does not matter who we play or rest the lads will be fired up.Keep that winning habit going and bring the 3 points back to Anfield.

Exactly mate, keep the momentum going and Win every game left in the Season. Finish it off in style.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #30: Apr 17, 2016 10:13:55 am
      It seems the Echo have been thinking about our midfield options too.  It's such a shame for Rossiter that he's missed so much playing time this season, we could really have done with him over the last few months.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emre-can-injury-how-liverpool-11196696
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31: Apr 17, 2016 10:20:08 am

Good call Blud - there's really no valid reason for us not doing just that. It should go without saying but we're way better than Bournemouth.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016 10:33:14 am by bad boy bubby »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #32: Apr 17, 2016 10:25:46 am
      Personally, I think this will be one of the toughest games for us this season. Not because Bournemouth are great but our minds are still on Thursday and Dortmund. We may get that hangover from last Thursday.

I would like us to win this 1-0 with flukey goal but perhaps we may end up with 1-1.

Sorry everyone.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Apr 17, 2016 10:33:38 am
      Personally, I think this will be one of the toughest games for us this season. Not because Bournemouth are great but our minds are still on Thursday and Dortmund. We may get that hangover from last Thursday.

I would like us to win this 1-0 with flukey goal but perhaps we may end up with 1-1.

Sorry everyone.

I'd probably agree with you if we were to field a similar starting 11 but I think there'll be quite a few changes some of whom should be determined to show they deserve to be here next season.

They play good football, the type we tend to play well against.  They don't park the bus, 10 behind the ball type games especially not at home.  It'll be tough, of course it will but we should have too much for them.

I've gone for a 1-3 win to the Reds with Studge getting on the score sheet.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #34: Apr 17, 2016 10:36:45 am
      Can see us completely changing the team for this one, could only be Migs and maybe Firmino that keep their place.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35: Apr 17, 2016 10:46:50 am

Migs
                Stewart    Lucas
                       Sturridge
      Like the look for that team, but if i may be so bold, Ibe for Lallana ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36: Apr 17, 2016 11:48:06 am
      I think Sturridge, Stewart and Firmino are the only certainties for today. Would love to see a bit of Brannagan and Ojo.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2016 12:04:29 pm
      If Smith isn't injured I'd like to see him play, Moreno deserves a bit of a rest, he mightn't always run where you want him to but no-one can deny that he never stops sprinting all over the gaff.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Apr 17, 2016 12:06:40 pm
      I think Sturridge, Stewart and Firmino are the only certainties for today. Would love to see a bit of Brannagan and Ojo.

I agree on those certainties mate, Studge and Firmino still need minutes to get their sharpness back even if they don't last the full 90.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2016 12:08:32 pm

Studge and Firmino best be certainties, my fantasy team relies on them being :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #40: Apr 17, 2016 12:17:14 pm
      I agree on those certainties mate, Studge and Firmino still need minutes to get their sharpness back even if they don't last the full 90.
      Sturridge looks okay to me. I think maybe Firmino and Sturridge could have half the game each. They both featured against Dortmund. There is still time before villrreal so no rush to get them fit, but they must not get injured.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: Apr 17, 2016 12:26:52 pm
      Sturridge looks okay to me. I think maybe Firmino and Sturridge could have half the game each. They both featured against Dortmund. There is still time before villrreal so no rush to get them fit, but they must not get injured.

The only way I see Firmino playing less than a half today is if he's going to play for close to 90 minutes in the derby. Since coming back Firmino has played 13 minutes, 63 minutes and 62 minutes. Sturridge only played 32 minutes (inc. stoppage time) against Dortmund so it's not as though he needs a rest.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #42: Apr 17, 2016 12:30:20 pm

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Apr 17, 2016 12:30:37 pm
      Studge and Firmino best be certainties, my fantasy team relies on them being :D

:D

He's looked better since the Stoke game but he's not at his best yet and he only had around 30 minutes against Dortmund.  Firmino still needs to get a full 90 in his legs since his last injury.

We've got Everton on Wednesday night and Newcastle next weekend to get them ready for Villareal and as for getting injured, injuries can happen to any player at any time, you deal with them after they happen not before.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #44: Apr 17, 2016 12:30:52 pm
      Flanno and Skrtel may well start today giving Lovren and Sakho a well deserved rest, with the derby coming up on Wednesday. Bournemouth no great shakes at home. The Reds could well pull off a narrow victory.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #45: Apr 17, 2016 12:32:22 pm
      Live match thread here

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,48675.0.html

But you know that!

Quick Reply