Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Danny Ward
      5 (4.4%)
      Connor Randall
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (0.9%)
      Brad Smith
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      44 (38.9%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (0.9%)
      Jordon Ibe
      3 (2.7%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      5 (4.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      53 (46.9%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Apr 21, 2016 04:45:44 pm

Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 30948 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #414: Apr 17, 2016 11:48:30 pm
      Forgot to say earlier on after the game, loved hearing the outbreak of Bob Marley from our away mob today.

Forgot to mention something earlier on in the game, well pre match to be precise. Bournemouth's tribute to the 96 was absolutely fantastic. Playing YNWA and laying a wreath, it was really quite emotional to watch. Amazing tribute by the club and the fans. Class off the pitch and class on the field. What a fantastic asset they have been to the Premier League. Look forward to playing them for hopefully many years to come.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #415: Apr 17, 2016 11:53:28 pm
      Forgot to mention something earlier on in the game, well pre match to be precise. Bournemouth's tribute to the 96 was absolutely fantastic. Playing YNWA and laying a wreath, it was really quite emotional to watch. Amazing tribute by the club and the fans. Class off the pitch and class on the field. What a fantastic asset they have been to the Premier League. Look forward to playing them for hopefully many years to come.

Sounds good that, missed the first couple of minutes of the game, was making a bacon sarnie, although their fans attempts to boo Lallana was a bit sh*t.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #416: Apr 18, 2016 02:17:18 am
      Credit to AFC Bournemouth for the touch of class their club showed before the game to the 96.

Decent game, good result.

Joe Allen, MoTM he was everywhere making interceptions, tackles, retaining possession and showing he can do the bizz over 90 mins.

Apart from two high crosses which Ward struggled with, the youngster had a good game in goal.

Sturridge - it was good to see him get 90mins and looking sharper all the time.

Disappointments - Conceding a goal late on, Firmino who even though scored was invisible the second half, and Randall who looks out of his depth at this level.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #417: Apr 18, 2016 02:29:34 am
      I got the result part :D

I should have said how did we perform

Good enough to win 2-1.

;D
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #418: Apr 18, 2016 03:38:00 am
      A bit concerned about his ability in the air though. Was a bit troubled by it at times.

Aside from that he looked very good.

Yea, I noticed that as well mate. I think he needs to make up for the lack of height through some gym work, he's still young so he might just gain some mass naturally too. His distribution though, was a breath of fresh air, he's also very quick on his feet which would also help make up for that heigh disadvantage. Well in Danny lad !
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #419: Apr 18, 2016 09:46:02 am
      I didn't see most of it except perhaps last few minutes. Good to get a win after such a huge game last Thursday.

One question. Why is Flanagan not playing? Is he injured? For me he would have been a perfect back up to Clyne. I must be missing something?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #420: Apr 18, 2016 09:46:24 am
      Cant complain with the result. 10 changes, still 3 points. Pity couldnt keep a clean sheet, or sturridge hat trick, but job done

Now onto the bitters on wednesday, where Klopp will probably make another 8-10 changes
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #421: Apr 18, 2016 10:15:59 am
      One question. Why is Flanagan not playing? Is he injured? For me he would have been a perfect back up to Clyne. I must be missing something?

Somebody suggested yesterday that seeing as Flanagan is not registered for the Europa League - Randall is backup for Clyne there - thus maybe the manager wanted to give Randall the opportunity for more first team experience.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #422: Apr 18, 2016 10:16:14 am
      Haven't seen any of the game at all so can't comment on how we played but very pleased with the result. Sorry to be negative but its quite common of Liverpool to get a fantastic result against a good side and then let themselves down just days later against opposition we should be beating. After seeing the team before kick off I wasn't fully confident of leaving here with 3 points so well done lads.

Posting in this thread because Im starting to worry about Danny. He was left out of both Dortmund games in favour of a young inexperienced Origi and for an established experienced international with a record such as Dannys then this is only going to piss him off surely. Before anybody jumps on my back as usual in this forum, Im not for one second suggesting Jürgen made the wrong decision. Divock played very very well in both legs and he is on fire at the moment. Obviously he is a different type of player to Danny too - bigger, stronger, and runs the channels a lot more. Against Dortmund where we were the underdogs, we probably needed a bit more strength and work rate than we did quality.

I love Danny, I think he's an exceptional player, but I just have a feeling about him that he won't accept being a squad player at all and the second this happens he will leave. We saw his reaction to being subbed against Spurs the other week (coincidentally for Origi). Imagine if we make it to the Europa League final. Who does Jürgen start? You could play both but it would completely change our usual set up. So if we play with one upfront then at the moment you would probably go with Divock who you would have to say has earned his place in the team.

Against Bournemouth yesterday then Jürgen has quite clearly fielded a second team. A team that aren't regular starters for us at the moment.  Danny featured in this line up so I'm wondering what his thoughts are at the moment. For a player of his quality then Im sure he isn't happy being left out of the Dortmund games and then put with the kids/second team against Bournemouth.

Hopefully Im just thinking too much into things but I'm starting to doubt whether Danny has a future here under Jürgen.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #423: Apr 18, 2016 10:25:29 am
      He was left out of both Dortmund games in favour of a young inexperienced Origi and for an established experienced international with a record such as Dannys then this is only going to piss him off surely.

I think we all saw exactly why Origi was picked over Sturridge in those two games because of the runs he made, and I think that tactical decision is why we are in the semi final.

I also think if Sturridge had been playing the full 90 every 3 days in recent weeks he would almost certainly be on the treatment table.  Maybe Danny isn't pissed off - maybe he's pretty pleased that being eased back in to the side has kept him fit and thus involved?

Against Bournemouth yesterday then Jürgen has quite clearly fielded a second team. A team that aren't regular starters for us at the moment.  Danny featured in this line up so I'm wondering what his thoughts are at the moment.

Was still a Premier League game though.  It's not like he's being left out of the big games and being played in the League Cup 3rd round like Jose Enrique is it? 

EDIT: In fact that was the first time in 2 years that he's started 4 league games in a row.  What's he got to be pissed off about!?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #424: Apr 18, 2016 11:08:05 am
      Haven't seen any of the game at all so can't comment on how we played but very pleased with the result. Sorry to be negative but its quite common of Liverpool to get a fantastic result against a good side and then let themselves down just days later against opposition we should be beating. After seeing the team before kick off I wasn't fully confident of leaving here with 3 points so well done lads.

Posting in this thread because Im starting to worry about Danny. He was left out of both Dortmund games in favour of a young inexperienced Origi and for an established experienced international with a record such as Dannys then this is only going to piss him off surely. Before anybody jumps on my back as usual in this forum, Im not for one second suggesting Jürgen made the wrong decision. Divock played very very well in both legs and he is on fire at the moment. Obviously he is a different type of player to Danny too - bigger, stronger, and runs the channels a lot more. Against Dortmund where we were the underdogs, we probably needed a bit more strength and work rate than we did quality.

I love Danny, I think he's an exceptional player, but I just have a feeling about him that he won't accept being a squad player at all and the second this happens he will leave. We saw his reaction to being subbed against Spurs the other week (coincidentally for Origi). Imagine if we make it to the Europa League final. Who does Jürgen start? You could play both but it would completely change our usual set up. So if we play with one upfront then at the moment you would probably go with Divock who you would have to say has earned his place in the team.

Against Bournemouth yesterday then Jürgen has quite clearly fielded a second team. A team that aren't regular starters for us at the moment.  Danny featured in this line up so I'm wondering what his thoughts are at the moment. For a player of his quality then Im sure he isn't happy being left out of the Dortmund games and then put with the kids/second team against Bournemouth.

Hopefully Im just thinking too much into things but I'm starting to doubt whether Danny has a future here under Jürgen.

I get what you're saying from Sturridge's perspective. And Sturridge really showed against Bournemouth that he's getting up to speed with his fitness and sharpness and is knocking on the door to be numero uno of Klopp's one-striker set-up.

I'm intrigued to see how this plays out now and what Everton brings. On one hand, I'd like to believe Klopp is 'managing' Sturridge back into the fold. On the other, the cynic in me thinks Klopp isn't keen on the 'look at me' character that is Sturridge first and foremost, secondly, I don't think Klopp thinks Sturridge works hard enough off the ball either. And rather plays for himself more than the team.

I couldn't hear Darren Lewis' comments to Klopp after the game yesterday, I thought he asked Klopp something along the lines of 'was Sturridge an inspiration in that win'? For me, that is a fair question I don't see the harm in that but I don't know for sure if that was the question. However, Klopp's response was a bit narky IMO. I maybe wrong, but I think I'm sure I've heard him respond to questions where Origi has been singled out by a reporter after a game and he has obliged. Maybe he feels the media are scratching at something with re. to Sturridge but it certainly got his back up being asked about Sturridge's contribution towards the game.

I hope I've got this all wrong and Klopp is managing (the games against Villareal and Everton will be interesting to see), Sturridge back. Because there is no doubt he's the better striker of the two, and for all the superlatives laid at Origi's feet on Thursday, I thought the hype was OTT myself. He put in a good shift, that's it. I don't think he was as excellent as everyone has been banging on about.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #425: Apr 18, 2016 11:24:13 am
      I think we all saw exactly why Origi was picked over Sturridge in those two games because of the runs he made, and I think that tactical decision is why we are in the semi final.

Starting Origi in both games turned out to be the right decision by Jürgen. Divock played very well in both legs and contributed a lot to the team. Im not disputing that.

I also think if Sturridge had been playing the full 90 every 3 days in recent weeks he would almost certainly be on the treatment table.  Maybe Danny isn't pissed off - maybe he's pretty pleased that being eased back in to the side has kept him fit and thus involved?

He might not be pissed off at all you're right but for somebody of his quality and his experience then I can only presume he expects to start in games such as a quarter final against Dortmund and not be dropped for a young kid - despite how well he played in both legs.  I can imagine Danny perhaps feeling a little embarrassed about the situation and he might see his arse over it.

Danny won't be able to play every single game for us you're right but Jürgen rested Coutinho, Milner, Sakho, Lovren etc yesterday so he could have rested Danny - if he was chosen to play V Dortmund.

Was still a Premier League game though.  It's not like he's being left out of the big games and being played in the League Cup 3rd round like Jose Enrique is it? 

EDIT: In fact that was the first time in 2 years that he's started 4 league games in a row.  What's he got to be pissed off about!?

It was a premierleague game but it was clear that Jürgen fielded a second team which Danny featured. Again, I can just imagine him being a bit pissed off and maybe feeling a little embarrassed by that.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #426: Apr 18, 2016 11:32:19 am
      Danny was pretty pleased with our win the way he joined in Lovrens winner.

Hardly the response from someone not happy at coming on as a sub.

Too many people making assumptions without knowing the full facts.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #427: Apr 18, 2016 11:35:32 am
      I get what you're saying from Sturridge's perspective. And Sturridge really showed against Bournemouth that he's getting up to speed with his fitness and sharpness and is knocking on the door to be numero uno of Klopp's one-striker set-up.

I'm intrigued to see how this plays out now and what Everton brings. On one hand, I'd like to believe Klopp is 'managing' Sturridge back into the fold. On the other, the cynic in me thinks Klopp isn't keen on the 'look at me' character that is Sturridge first and foremost, secondly, I don't think Klopp thinks Sturridge works hard enough off the ball either. And rather plays for himself more than the team.

I couldn't hear Darren Lewis' comments to Klopp after the game yesterday, I thought he asked Klopp something along the lines of 'was Sturridge an inspiration in that win'? For me, that is a fair question I don't see the harm in that but I don't know for sure if that was the question. However, Klopp's response was a bit narky IMO. I maybe wrong, but I think I'm sure I've heard him respond to questions where Origi has been singled out by a reporter after a game and he has obliged. Maybe he feels the media are scratching at something with re. to Sturridge but it certainly got his back up being asked about Sturridge's contribution towards the game.

I hope I've got this all wrong and Klopp is managing (the games against Villareal and Everton will be interesting to see), Sturridge back. Because there is no doubt he's the better striker of the two, and for all the superlatives laid at Origi's feet on Thursday, I thought the hype was OTT myself. He put in a good shift, that's it. I don't think he was as excellent as everyone has been banging on about.

Good post.

It's certainly a headache for Jürgen isn't it and depending how things go in the next couple of weeks could determine the future of Danny.

If Jürgen wants Danny to be a part of his plans then he needs to manage this carefully because I just get the feeling Danny is the type of person to see his arse and leave over things like this.

To be fair to him though he was very much a part of the celebrations after Lovrens goal so im probably talking sh*t anyway.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #428: Apr 18, 2016 12:33:32 pm
      Good post.

It's certainly a headache for Jürgen isn't it and depending how things go in the next couple of weeks could determine the future of Danny.

If Jürgen wants Danny to be a part of his plans then he needs to manage this carefully because I just get the feeling Danny is the type of person to see his arse and leave over things like this.

To be fair to him though he was very much a part of the celebrations after Lovrens goal so im probably talking sh*t anyway.

Also He has been quoted as talking about next season at LFC, and Klopp always praises him, he is obv. our best striker, but he also is our most Injury prone striker, so Klopp is managing him properly now, maybe if other managers had done the same over past 2 seasons we might have seen more of him.

I too was worried, but now I firmly believe he is enjoying playing again, whenever the manager calls, the main thing for danny will be staying fit to get a good pre-season under his belt, and just maybe stay fit for a whole season with LFC.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #429: Apr 18, 2016 12:38:48 pm
      We won the Dortmund tie overall. Klopp's decision was vindicated. But we might also have won if Studge had started :)

We were 3-1 down in 2nd leg until Sturridge and Allen came on. Then the game turned. Daniel was instrumental in the last goal.

And thought he was really good against Bournemouth, looks sharp, scored one, setup one, hit woodwork twice, in a 2nd string side.

I'd start him vs. Villareal, just think he's the better player. It is great though that Origi is in a really good vein of form, so it is a close run thing. But imo an in form Danny has to start.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Bournemouth V Liverpool
      Reply #430: Apr 18, 2016 12:51:55 pm
      Lucas has to go. He has no pace, fouls continuously and has no vision. Yaya as his replacement.
      Everyone posts a bad comment now and then.... Try to think about what you want to post before doing so....BTW welcome to the site
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #431: Apr 18, 2016 12:58:04 pm
      I've just taken a look at the table, what if what if say Man City wins the CL and we sneaked into 5th place, will we sneak into the CL? Just wondering.
      I don't think so, based on the 2005 Everton finishing 4th
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #432: Apr 18, 2016 01:49:49 pm
      I don't think so, based on the 2005 Everton finishing 4th

Thanks for the update mate. I was trying to look for route 2 but now it appears their is only one route to that destination.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #433: Apr 18, 2016 01:59:19 pm
      Thanks for the update mate. I was trying to look for route 2 but now it appears their is only one route to that destination.

I read up on this the other day to see if any of the top four lose out on champions league football - if we win the Europa League.

The top four qualify for champions league football.

If City win the champions league but finish outside the top four then Uefa will allocate England/Premierleague  five places in next years competition. The top four and city.

If we win the Europa League and finish outside the top four, and City win the Champions League and finish outside the top four, then Uefa will still only allocate five places to England/Premierleague  so we will take the place of whoever finishes fourth.

So if City finish fourth and win the Champions League then Uefa will only allocate four places to England/Premierleague - unless we win the Europa. So unless we finish top four or win the Europa we won't be getting CL football next season.

Hope that makes sense and clears anything up.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #434: Apr 18, 2016 02:06:09 pm
      Somebody suggested yesterday that seeing as Flanagan is not registered for the Europa League - Randall is backup for Clyne there - thus maybe the manager wanted to give Randall the opportunity for more first team experience.

In addition to the fact that Flanno is still getting up to speed - he was out for nearly two years so he's going to take time to bed in again and get up to speed.

Going for Randall is the smart option.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #435: Apr 18, 2016 02:14:44 pm

Not sure if this is right, but I read on another site that Stewart can't play in the Europa either ?

Presumably because he is 22?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #436: Apr 18, 2016 02:42:59 pm
      Not sure if this is right, but I read on another site that Stewart can't play in the Europa either ?

Presumably because he is 22?

Originally he was on loan at the start of the season so wouldn't have been included in the squad. Since the start of the knockout rounds Klopp obviously needed a spot for somebody else/another position so Stewart didn't get given one.

Quick Reply