Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

50 Goals for Sturridge

Read 2432 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      50 Goals for Sturridge
      Apr 17, 2016 08:57:11 pm
      After finding the net today against Bournemouth, Danny Sturridge netted his 49th Liverpool goal in just his 86th game. That is a phenomenal record. So the next time he scores for the club, hopefully this Wednesday against those bitter cu*ts - of whom he has a record of 3 goals in 5 games against.

I reckon my favourite Sturridge goal is probably against Everton as well although he has scored very special goals in his short time with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMurVPRAVUc

He'll become just the 52nd person to score 50 goals for the club, joining Steve McMahon on the milestone figure.

Great achievement Danny lad and here's to many, many more.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: 50 Goals for Sturridge
      Reply #1: Apr 17, 2016 10:17:37 pm
      What a player and it feels so good to have him fit.

West Brom lob for me...

http://youtu.be/wf9Xbvo4YVk
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #2: Apr 17, 2016 11:26:16 pm
      Yeah, mine is also the chip.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Apr 17, 2016 11:53:56 pm
      Great shouts with the Everton and West Brom goals. I especially loved his Everton one as I believe it was his finest performance in a Red shirt. An unbelievable night of classy football that was and Danny was at the heart of it all. One goal that often comes to mind is his goal against Man City in February 2013 to level things up in what would be a 2-2 draw. The power and precision he got it in from 30 yards out or so with the ball almost dead still was fantastic. You just knew we had one hell of a player on our hands, better than any of us believed he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3otycmGo6SU

(apologies for the crappy youtube video - it's the only one I could find!)
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4: Apr 18, 2016 01:07:26 pm
      Congratulations Danny & welcome to the 50 club.
      would have picked the west brom lob myself which was fantastic.
      Here's to another 50 in LFC red.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #5: Apr 18, 2016 01:21:55 pm
      No doubting his class, just needs to keep injury free and he will double the 50 in no time
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #6: Apr 18, 2016 01:26:56 pm
      Should have been 52 if he wasnt unlucky last night.. Easily our best striker at the moment imo.

Sturridge, Kane and Aguero are possibly three of the best strikers in the league.

My favorite was the loob against West Brom.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #7: Apr 18, 2016 01:30:58 pm
      He has scored some beautiful goals in his LFC career.  I'd say the lobby against WBA has been the pick of the bunch but he's had so many.  The volley against Villa earlier this season, or the goal against them a couple seasons back where he danced past 3 defenders and Guzan before clipping into the roof of the net.  He is an absolutely world class finisher -- when he plays he scores at an alarming rate!!  Keep it up Danny boy!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Apr 18, 2016 01:34:26 pm
      I can't remember what game or what season it was but for it's sheer audaciousness it's the one that everyone thought had gone out near the goalpost only for him to juggle it, keepy uppy style before putting it in the net.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9: Apr 18, 2016 02:25:44 pm
      I can't remember what game or what season it was but for it's sheer audaciousness it's the one that everyone thought had gone out near the goalpost only for him to juggle it, keepy uppy style before putting it in the net.

Was that the one in the Stoke 3-5 Liverpool in January 2014? I'm sure it was. Ridiculous match!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Apr 18, 2016 02:42:03 pm
      Was that the one in the Stoke 3-5 Liverpool in January 2014? I'm sure it was. Ridiculous match!

It could well have been mate but it made me smile.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #11: Apr 19, 2016 04:51:31 am
      That one against the bitters was exceptional in itself, his awareness of the keeper coming out and closing and the perfect timing was jaw dropping, but just shading it was the West brom lob,

To do that, with the ball at his feet at pace with the added pressure of defenders around him, his little sneaky peek at where the goals were and to dink it over one of the tallest keepers was truly world class,  had Messi scored that, it would have been ranked as one of his best,

Wonderful world class effort, should have been goal of the season imo.

YNWA

Quick Reply