Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Everton Wed 20th April KO 20:00

Read 16063 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Everton Wed 20th April KO 20:00
      Reply #115: Apr 20, 2016 02:33:28 pm
      there is something about their fans and ground that is the opposite of joy and sports. it's a bleak set up

:D The Moysey effect!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #116: Apr 20, 2016 02:35:24 pm
      3-1 to Liverpool. I think we will have 7 shots on target and Everton 4 shots on target.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #117: Apr 20, 2016 02:37:50 pm
      3-1 to Liverpool. I think we will have 7 shots on target and Everton 4 shots on target.

That's interesting.  :D

How did you come by that particular stat if you don't mind my asking?  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #118: Apr 20, 2016 02:37:58 pm
      For anybody in Anfield Road end tonight...

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #119: Apr 20, 2016 02:38:42 pm
      I hope you ain't jinxed us now S@int ;D

fixed it now mate... good spot.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #120: Apr 20, 2016 02:42:13 pm
      That's interesting.  :D

How did you come by that particular stat if you don't mind my asking?  ;D
      Crystal ball.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #121: Apr 20, 2016 02:54:06 pm
      The thing with Martinez is he can't tell his arse from his elbow, I don't think he has a direction. He's never going to manage a big team if he doesn't like the money from those marketing tools.

He's not likely to until he can work out how to defend  ;D

So he's ideal at a small club like Everton  :)

Exactly!

But all the stuff that everyone laughs at like giving away tickets to locals is his way of keeping the place "the peoples Club" and it's also one of the reasons they have almost a monopoly on recruiting the best local talent, that we all moan about.  They have open training sessions where the fans can go and watch, for free.

We'll hammer them tonight but I hope they do the same to the mancs at the weekend.

I'd rather Merseyside had success than Greater Manchester.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #122: Apr 20, 2016 02:55:17 pm
      For anybody in Anfield Road end tonight...

Nice touch Danny.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #123: Apr 20, 2016 02:55:38 pm
      We'll hammer them tonight but I hope they do the same to the mancs at the weekend.

I'd rather Merseyside had success than Greater Manchester.

Beat the mancs in the semi, then beaten in a reversal of the 1984 Cup Final ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #124: Apr 20, 2016 02:56:52 pm
      Beat the mancs in the semi, then beaten in a reversal of the 1984 Cup Final ;)

Yep don't care what happens in the final mate  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #125: Apr 20, 2016 02:58:44 pm
      Yep don't care what happens in the final mate  ;D

I do, I'd like the continuation of our "Tell me ma, me ma" song  >:D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #126: Apr 20, 2016 02:59:03 pm
      Derby's are always massive events, Hard fourth and hard won.....It will be again, but with one eye on the Cup i can only see this as a win for Liverpool as long as the players and manager do not enter this one too over confident. 2-0 Liverpool
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #127: Apr 20, 2016 03:01:38 pm
      I do, I'd like the continuation of our "Tell me ma, me ma" song  >:D

It'll take more than an FA Cup Final win for us to stop singing that one mate  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #128: Apr 20, 2016 03:09:06 pm
      Liverpool FC bring in sniffer dogs to stop flares and smoke bombs at Anfield tonight
      12:24, 20 APR 2016 UPDATED 12:50, 20 APR 2016
      BY JAMES PEARCE
      Fans urged to turn up early with security ramped up as club look to respond to growing issue

Liverpool have stepped up security for tonight’s Merseyside derby in a bid to stop flares and smoke bombs being set off inside Anfield.

Sniffer dogs will be outside the turnstiles and the Reds have warned that any supporter found trying to bring such devices into the game will face prosecution and a stadium ban.

Liverpool are facing a hefty fine having been hit with seven charges by UEFA already this season and three of them relate to the setting off of flares.

The club are working closely with Merseyside Police to address the issue and increased searching will take prior to tonight’s game. As a result supporters are urged to get to Anfield earlier than normal.

A Liverpool FC statement read: “Ahead of tonight’s derby against Everton FC, Liverpool FC would like to remind supporters that flares, smoke bombs and pyrotechnics are illegal and prohibited.

“Any individual who is found taking these items to Anfield will face prosecution and a stadium ban. Merseyside Police will be using trained sniffer dogs in and around the stadium tonight.

“The use of such devices breaches ground regulations and poses serious risk of injury, health and safety to fellow fans.

“Pyrotechnic devices could also set fire alarms off at Anfield causing a stadium evacuation and potentially abandonment of the match.

“The club has been charged recently for Liverpool supporters using pyrotechnics during recent matches and this may result in sanctions being imposed on the club and supporters at future games.

“We would like to remind supporters of the serious consequences they will face surrounding the possession or use of pyrotechnics and any other illegal items in Anfield Stadium. Thank you for your continued support in keeping Anfield a safe and welcoming environment for all fans.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-bring-sniffer-dogs-11213974
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #129: Apr 20, 2016 03:12:15 pm
      Liverpool FC bring in sniffer dogs to stop flares and smoke bombs at Anfield tonight
      12:24, 20 APR 2016 UPDATED 12:50, 20 APR 2016
      BY JAMES PEARCE
      Fans urged to turn up early with security ramped up as club look to respond to growing issue

Liverpool have stepped up security for tonight’s Merseyside derby in a bid to stop flares and smoke bombs being set off inside Anfield.

Sniffer dogs will be outside the turnstiles and the Reds have warned that any supporter found trying to bring such devices into the game will face prosecution and a stadium ban.

Liverpool are facing a hefty fine having been hit with seven charges by UEFA already this season and three of them relate to the setting off of flares.

The club are working closely with Merseyside Police to address the issue and increased searching will take prior to tonight’s game. As a result supporters are urged to get to Anfield earlier than normal.

A Liverpool FC statement read: “Ahead of tonight’s derby against Everton FC, Liverpool FC would like to remind supporters that flares, smoke bombs and pyrotechnics are illegal and prohibited.

“Any individual who is found taking these items to Anfield will face prosecution and a stadium ban. Merseyside Police will be using trained sniffer dogs in and around the stadium tonight.

“The use of such devices breaches ground regulations and poses serious risk of injury, health and safety to fellow fans.

“Pyrotechnic devices could also set fire alarms off at Anfield causing a stadium evacuation and potentially abandonment of the match.

“The club has been charged recently for Liverpool supporters using pyrotechnics during recent matches and this may result in sanctions being imposed on the club and supporters at future games.

“We would like to remind supporters of the serious consequences they will face surrounding the possession or use of pyrotechnics and any other illegal items in Anfield Stadium. Thank you for your continued support in keeping Anfield a safe and welcoming environment for all fans.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-bring-sniffer-dogs-11213974

Man Utd tried this against us a couple of seasons back. Hope they ain't the same dogs that were used at Manchester Airport.

Sniffing for cheese and sausages ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #130: Apr 20, 2016 03:18:00 pm
      Man Utd tried this against us a couple of seasons back. Hope they ain't the same dogs that were used at Manchester Airport.

Sniffing for cheese and sausages ;)

:lmao: :lmao:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #131: Apr 20, 2016 04:04:28 pm

Crikey, who are you, Mystic Meg!  ;D

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #132: Apr 20, 2016 05:25:52 pm
      We interviewed Martinez did we not ?  2012.
      Bullet and dodged come to mind...

Tonto says ''close thing kemosahbee''.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #133: Apr 20, 2016 05:42:41 pm
      We could be no worse than 4 points off 4th with 4 games to go.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #134: Apr 20, 2016 05:42:50 pm
      Really looking forward to this but as others have mentioned there's a little too much over confidence around for my liking. I think it will be a tough game which we'll shade by the odd goal. I'd love to think we'll destroy them but it happens so rarely that I'm not expecting it. Also don't expect to see both Divock and Studge in the starting XI, as much as it would be nice to see what they can do together I think for now we'll approach things cautiously with regards keeping them both near their peak.

Migs
        Clyne   Lovren     Sakho  Moreno
                      Allen  Lucas
           Milner     Firmino   Coutinho
                       Sturridge

Lallana definitely in with a shout of playing either in place of Firmino or Lucas (with Milner switching centrally). As much as 4th seems unreachable all we can do is apply pressure and hope Arsenal crumble, but aside from that this is the Derby and in total agreement with the OP, let's smash these off the park!

Come on Reds!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #135: Apr 20, 2016 05:43:04 pm
      Will you stop swearing please you may well upset someone who thinks it's unnecessary :f_tongueincheek:
      It is unnecessary  most times mate but not on a Wednesday night when we plan on tonking the fckin bitters  ,
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #136: Apr 20, 2016 05:51:55 pm
      Klopp:

"They are not used to, at the end of the season, playing two games a week too often".

:D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #137: Apr 20, 2016 05:53:47 pm
      We interviewed Martinez did we not ?  2012.
      Bullet and dodged come to mind...
      Was driving home from work Skip and the same thought happened on me , I seem to remember a few reds in favour at the time like you say bullet dodged .

Quick Reply