Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool being lined up for 700m Middle Eastern takeover.

Read 22920 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Liverpool being lined up for 700m Middle Eastern takeover.
      Apr 19, 2016 10:07:39 am
      Liverpool being lined up for 700m Middle Eastern takeover by ‘secret’ Sheikh billionaire

Liverpool have become the latest Premier League club to be targeted by a Middle Eastern billionaire eyeing a £700m takeover, according to reports.
      Despite the Merseyside club having established an aspect of stability under current owner John W. Henry and his American sports investment company Fenway Sports Group, a mystery bidder, thought to be from the United Arab Emirates, is confident of landing a mega deal.
      A number of Europe’s leading football clubs have successfully overseen a takeover from wealthy Arab owners, most notably Manchester City who are already owned by Sheikh Mansour, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family.

Sheikh Khalifa thought to be the man interested in buying Liverpool (Picture: Getty)
      Sheikh Mansour’s wealthier half-brother, Sheikh Khalifa, who is the current president of the United Arab Emirates and is rumoured to be worth in excess of £30bn, is thought to be the man behind a supposed Liverpool takeover, according to the Daily Star.
      ‘There is no Premier League rule in terms of relations owning different clubs,’ A Premier League spokesperson confirmed during the exclusive.
      Liverpool are thought to be worth an estimated £650m after Fenway Sports purchased the club from previous owners Tom Hicks and George N. Gillett, Jr. for £300m in October 2010.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/19/liverpool-being-lined-up-for-700m-middle-eastern-takeover-by-secret-billionaire-5825910/#ixzz46GHPyCkH

Any truth to this or is it just lazy journalism?..
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Liverpool being lined up for 700m Middle Eastern takeover.
      Reply #1: Apr 19, 2016 10:12:48 am
      If it is true I can see Fenway taking the money and running.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Apr 19, 2016 10:21:45 am
      Liverpool being lined up for 700m Middle Eastern takeover by ‘secret’ Sheikh billionaire

Liverpool have become the latest Premier League club to be targeted by a Middle Eastern billionaire eyeing a £700m takeover, according to reports.
      Despite the Merseyside club having established an aspect of stability under current owner John W. Henry and his American sports investment company Fenway Sports Group, a mystery bidder, thought to be from the United Arab Emirates, is confident of landing a mega deal.
      A number of Europe’s leading football clubs have successfully overseen a takeover from wealthy Arab owners, most notably Manchester City who are already owned by Sheikh Mansour, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family.

Sheikh Khalifa thought to be the man interested in buying Liverpool (Picture: Getty)
      Sheikh Mansour’s wealthier half-brother, Sheikh Khalifa, who is the current president of the United Arab Emirates and is rumoured to be worth in excess of £30bn, is thought to be the man behind a supposed Liverpool takeover, according to the Daily Star.
      ‘There is no Premier League rule in terms of relations owning different clubs,’ A Premier League spokesperson confirmed during the exclusive.
      Liverpool are thought to be worth an estimated £650m after Fenway Sports purchased the club from previous owners Tom Hicks and George N. Gillett, Jr. for £300m in October 2010.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/19/liverpool-being-lined-up-for-700m-middle-eastern-takeover-by-secret-billionaire-5825910/#ixzz46GHPyCkH

Any truth to this or is it just lazy journalism?..

There's rumours and nothing more at this point I think.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #3: Apr 19, 2016 10:41:45 am
      Fenway bought LFC at a bargain. No way anyone would pay near to £700m. Its lazy journalism and thats it.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #4: Apr 19, 2016 10:43:39 am
      Don't think it would be a good thing for the club if it were to happen, this club is too important to be the play thing of two brothers trying to out do each other
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #5: Apr 19, 2016 10:54:17 am
      metro reporting on the daily star? that's not just lazy journalism it's lazy posting!!!! :D
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #6: Apr 19, 2016 11:00:07 am
      Fenway bought LFC at a bargain. No way anyone would pay near to £700m. Its lazy journalism and thats it.

In fairness I don't think any middle eastern buyers really care about getting value, they would pay whatever it takes
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7: Apr 19, 2016 11:36:52 am
      Click bait.

Besides I'd hate this club to become the playground for an Arab multibillionaire.

I would hate this club to become 'winners' on the back of financial doping and turned into a soulless commodity which sucks any joy and achievement out of victory ala Man City and PSG. It's a tacky way to 'success' and would stand against everything this club has been built on. At least FSG put emphasis on sustainability and genuine financial growth.

We'll win it out own way and that way will be on the pitch - the way we've always done it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #8: Apr 19, 2016 11:38:03 am
      The rumoured bidding value of LFC has increased from £450m as reported last year with the interest from the house of Al Maktoum (Dubai royal family) to a proposed £700m figure from the president of UAE Sheik Khalifa.

If anyone has the spondoolies to launch a take-over and pump money into the club it's your man there. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #9: Apr 19, 2016 11:55:53 am
      Metro enough said!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Apr 19, 2016 11:59:08 am
      We've also lined up Messi Suarez and Ronaldo to spear head our attack, Neymar to be our super sub. :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #11: Apr 19, 2016 12:03:06 pm

It is also reported in the Express and Star.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/662242/Liverpool-talks-over-huge-700m-Middle-Eastern-takeover-deal-LFC-News

Let's not forget the Abu Dhabi dynasty could buy and sell the Dubai royal family, the two are linked by marriage and Dubai is in debt to Abu Dhabi to the tune of trillions of dollars.
      Sheik Bin Rashid Al Maktoum the ruler of Dubai was rumoured to be putting a bid in last year, rumours which did evaporate subsequently with growing talk of Dubai's shrinking wealth.

Sheik Khalifa the rumoured bidder of the Abu Dhabi royal family with an estimated wealth of £30b, who is related to the City owner, could buy the asset that LFC represents as a hobby.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2016 05:32:58 pm by stuey »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #12: Apr 19, 2016 12:07:36 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #13: Apr 19, 2016 12:09:27 pm

Two papers from the same stable though and I'd put money on it being made up. Don't even need half truths to make the 'news' today, though I was surprised the Express didn't add that Princess Diana's ghost was looking to take up a 10% stake.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14: Apr 19, 2016 12:24:16 pm
      Could be some meat on the bones.
      The same deal is going to materialise at some point sure as sh*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #15: Apr 19, 2016 12:28:48 pm
      Could be some meat on the bones.
      The same deal is going to materialise at some point sure as sh*t.

Nah mate if there was, the Echo and some of the journo's like Barrett, Joyce, Bascombe and Reade would be all over it like a rash.

I think it's bullshit personally.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Apr 19, 2016 12:43:18 pm
      Not happening.

And as if FSG would sell for £700m when the value is just going to go up and up.

I think people need to realise we wont have new owners in the next five years at absolute minimum.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17: Apr 19, 2016 12:50:57 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/662242/Liverpool-talks-over-huge-700m-Middle-Eastern-takeover-deal-LFC-News

Let's not forget the Abu Dhabi dynasty could buy and sell the Dubai royal family, the two are linked by marriage and Dubai is in debt to Abu Dhabi to the tune of trillions of dollars.
      Sheik Bin Rashid Al Maktoum the ruler of Dubai was rumoured to be putting a bid in last year, rumours which did evaporate subsequently with growing talk of Dubai's shrinking wealth.

Sheik Khalifi the rumoured bidder of the Abu Dhabi royal family with an estimated wealth of £30b, who is related to the City owner, could buy the asset that LFC represents as a hobby.

The Express says ''according to reports''
      so it is reporting something reported by some reports
      YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18: Apr 19, 2016 12:53:30 pm
      Nah mate if there was, the Echo and some of the journo's like Barrett, Joyce, Bascombe and Reade would be all over it like a rash.

I think it's bullshit personally.

Know what you're saying mate - no credible reporting an all that but it is just the scenario that JWH&Co are looking for.
      It will come around eventually.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #19: Apr 19, 2016 12:53:34 pm
      Fenway bought LFC at a bargain. No way anyone would pay near to £700m.

I'm no finance expert but I would argue that £700 million or thereabouts is what the club would fetch were it to be bought. The common held belief seems to be that FSG got the club at a bargain price. Throw in a ridiculous new domestic TV rights deal which kicks in next season, a huge increase in international EPL rights (I believe that kicked in last season), the stadium expansion, chuck in a widely respected world class manager and a world-wide fan-base and it starts to look like another bargain at that price.

Lazy journalism it might be but it doesn't mean we can't discuss it!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20: Apr 19, 2016 01:08:19 pm
      Show me the money!

I know it is fashionable or maybe just more honourable to say "I prefer Liverpool to win without mega bucks" but given the opportunity I would snatch their hand off. We have been trying for nearly 30 years to win the title on the cheap, maybe it's time to join the less honourable and more successful clubs for a while.

I know this is just a rumour, but due to the problems in the Middle East and the drop in oil revenues many of the richest over there are looking to invest abroad... so why not invest in Liverpool especially as the stadium problem has been removed (at least in the short term).

Only a rumour but hopefully there is no smoke without fire...come back Suarez all is forgiven :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21: Apr 19, 2016 01:08:19 pm
      Yes folks, it's takeover rumour time...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: Apr 19, 2016 01:17:07 pm
      Yes folks, it's takeover rumour time...

You mean in the lead up to a big game and a European semi final on the horizon?

This sh*t usually pops up around the big moments at the club!

Quick Reply