Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool being lined up for 700m Middle Eastern takeover.

Read 22805 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool being lined up for 700m Middle Eastern takeover.
      Reply #23: Apr 19, 2016 01:19:23 pm
      You mean in the lead up to a big game and a European semi final on the horizon?

This sh*t usually pops up around the big moments at the club!

Good point ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Apr 19, 2016 01:57:17 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25: Apr 19, 2016 01:59:38 pm

isn't that site run by that Duncan Oldham, the money-grubbing arsehole?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #26: Apr 19, 2016 02:07:35 pm
      Show me the money!

I know it is fashionable or maybe just more honourable to say "I prefer Liverpool to win without mega bucks" but given the opportunity I would snatch their hand off. We have been trying for nearly 30 years to win the title on the cheap, maybe it's time to join the less honourable and more successful clubs for a while.

I know this is just a rumour, but due to the problems in the Middle East and the drop in oil revenues many of the richest over there are looking to invest abroad... so why not invest in Liverpool especially as the stadium problem has been removed (at least in the short term).

Only a rumour but hopefully there is no smoke without fire...come back Suarez all is forgiven :D

Let's just say Saudi Arabia are more fooked than other gulf countries with the drop in oil prices.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: Apr 19, 2016 02:09:11 pm
      Thought so.

Cheers mate.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #28: Apr 19, 2016 02:30:29 pm
      Cant believe this has come up top from the bottom of the trash. Didn't these "reports" come out a month or so back when we were playing the Scum in Europe?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Apr 19, 2016 02:33:35 pm

I see the c**t is still trying to charge people, wonder if he still getting his stories from the scum.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30: Apr 19, 2016 02:35:00 pm
      craptalk Shabs? You've seen that come and go many times.

As for the sheik, one 5-4 European night and he jizzed and wants to hand over £700bn.

Lazy journalism indeed.

Yep indeed, but I do know Henry flew out to Dubai to meet some senior officials with Rick Parry if I'm not wrong, I used to follow the chap on Twitter so I was thinking there was some truth in there somewhere...

The original link was sent to me via a friend..
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: Apr 19, 2016 02:35:39 pm
      I don't know if it's true but I would not like it. I would hate to see LFC become a club like Chelsea, PSG or Man City. Yes football is about winning and LFC like any club needs money to win but I think that Liverpool has something which should never be sold: it's unique identity. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #32: Apr 19, 2016 02:38:43 pm
      Let's just say Saudi Arabia are more fooked than other gulf countries with the drop in oil prices.

Abu Dhabi are by far the richest of the Arab states, a few billion Dirhams either way would hardly be missed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #33: Apr 19, 2016 02:39:58 pm
      I don't know if it's true but I would not like it. I would hate to see LFC become a club like Chelsea, PSG or Man City. Yes football is about winning and LFC like any club needs money to win but I think that Liverpool has something which should never be sold: it's unique identity. 

Well that identity has already been sold twice over.

Would rather have a cash rich arab than a load of hedge-funders.

We need to get back to when we were the main dog in the yard, not some plucky underdog!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #34: Apr 19, 2016 02:50:22 pm
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #35: Apr 19, 2016 04:25:33 pm
      Mate. Click on it. Take three seconds looking at it. What in the hell makes you think it has any sort of access to inside information?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #36: Apr 19, 2016 05:12:55 pm
      Well that identity has already been sold twice over.

Would rather have a cash rich arab than a load of hedge-funders.

We need to get back to when we were the main dog in the yard, not some plucky underdog!!
      Seems you can't have it all mate , we got lots of I don't want Arabs using us as a plaything , well I'd rather be used as.a plaything  and keep our best players  , than be used as a stepping stone to millions , people mourn about the Arabs then mourn like fck half way through a season when the league has gone and there's not much to play for , we always used to buy the best fck all has changed its just a bit dearer to do it now ,even the king was bought for a healthy sum ,

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Apr 19, 2016 05:23:22 pm
      It is also reported in the Express and Star.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/662242/Liverpool-talks-over-huge-700m-Middle-Eastern-takeover-deal-LFC-News

Let's not forget the Abu Dhabi dynasty could buy and sell the Dubai royal family, the two are linked by marriage and Dubai is in debt to Abu Dhabi to the tune of trillions of dollars.
      Sheik Bin Rashid Al Maktoum the ruler of Dubai was rumoured to be putting a bid in last year, rumours which did evaporate subsequently with growing talk of Dubai's shrinking wealth.

Sheik Khalifi the rumoured bidder of the Abu Dhabi royal family with an estimated wealth of £30b, who is related to the City owner, could buy the asset that LFC represents as a hobby.

What the F**k does somebody do with £30bn :lmao: I wouldn't buy a club, I'd buy a league! :D

This has been getting reported for a month or two, safe to say the only ones who have bitten are Metro, Daily Star, Express etc. Not seen anybody with anything reliable.

RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #38: Apr 19, 2016 05:28:50 pm
      It is lazy journalism, however I can see a bid from the Gulf States in the future eventuating as our 'stock' rises.

I actually do believe that we are worth at least 700m at the moment with that figure riding in the future. Off the field we are going great guns. Let's just hope that on it, we continue to catch up, which is looking a very mouth-watering prospect indeed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Apr 19, 2016 05:30:11 pm
      Even if this rumour is bollocks its only a matter of time before someone with more money than sense buys the club. I would be more than happy if someone came in and brought with them enough money to bring the top players in the world. Liverpool would still be Liverpool, it would just have better players.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #40: Apr 19, 2016 05:40:25 pm
      My frustration with FSG is the inability to put in place people able to change our decades long sh*t transfer business.

If push came to shove, I'd rather stick with what I know than be a play thing for an Arab with a dubious history or a Russian oligarch with mafia connections.

FSG aren't perfect, but the club is being run like a "big" team off the pitch now. It is performing better and now we have a manager to fit our status.

I'd be worried we needed up with an Arab Vincent Tan or someone who is going to treat the club as a dictator not a custodian.

I have no respect for City, Chelsea and PSG largely on the basis of their ownership and I don't think really want us lumped in with that crowd.

I don't think you have to be owned by Arabs to be relevant.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #41: Apr 19, 2016 05:57:41 pm
      My frustration with FSG is the inability to put in place people able to change our decades long sh*t transfer business.

If push came to shove, I'd rather stick with what I know than be a play thing for an Arab with a dubious history or a Russian oligarch with mafia connections.

FSG aren't perfect, but the club is being run like a "big" team off the pitch now. It is performing better and now we have a manager to fit our status.

I'd be worried we needed up with an Arab Vincent Tan or someone who is going to treat the club as a dictator not a custodian.

I have no respect for City, Chelsea and PSG largely on the basis of their ownership and I don't think really want us lumped in with that crowd.

I don't think you have to be owned by Arabs to be relevant.

And what is noticeable with those clubs is how they ignore youth development and have a tendency to replace managers on a regular basis - they think money is the solution to all their problems, short term and long term. Given Jürgen's love of developing players with all that money to spend he'd be forced to go out and buy the biggest and best. I doubt he'd like that and we'd be levied with egocentric arseholes who are all 'me me me' the sort of Grade A wankers they have at Man City. In Jürgen we have a manager who will buy young, hardworking players and develop them into superstars very much like he did at Dortmund. Didn't he say in his first press conference 'why are you obsessed with money?' alluding to the fact that success can be achieved by other means?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Apr 19, 2016 06:16:45 pm
      Been a while since we had any talk of a takeover. Personally think it's a load of crap to be honest.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #43: Apr 19, 2016 07:44:05 pm

absolutely spot on, it's taken over from the usual transfer bullshit we used to get on the eve of a big game.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #44: Apr 19, 2016 07:44:34 pm
      It's a funny one this. This place is full of so much frustration at our mediocrity under FSG (bar one season) and yet so many are appalled at the thought of some rich ownership, big wages, top players etc.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #45: Apr 19, 2016 07:56:06 pm
      Been a while since we had any talk of a takeover. Personally think it's a load of crap to be honest.

These guy's really are not into "doubling" they're money, I could see them selling someday but more like 1.2B-1.5B

Not like they are hurting for cash.

Quick Reply