Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC

Read 50435 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #138: Apr 24, 2016 09:27:21 am
      The black eye Keegan "got when he slipped in the shower" :)

I dunno mate, I went that final against the mancs and I do know Keegan never tried a jot that day. Saving himself for the European cup final I suppose.

Found this in Jimmy Case's book mate:-

Kevin Keegan came home from Rome wearing a big pair of sunglasses, covering up a black eye. The story was that I had had a go at him for not trying his best in the FA Cup final a few days earlier because he was saving himself for the big European game.

Well, as my dad once said, ‘That was a rumour that was started on the Number 86 bus to Penny Lane.’ It was all based on other people’s perceptions of how they thought I would feel and how I would react because, top and bottom of it, Kevin didn’t have a particularly good game at Wembley.
      But I would never have thought of Kevin not trying, and I would certainly never have dreamt of accusing him of not doing so. No, I had nothing to do with his black eye.

The truth is, it was an accident. The morning after the European Cup final some of the Press lads were milling around the hotel pool. We didn’t always get on with the Press, especially the London boys, because they only ever came to see us get beat.

Anyway, some of the lads grabbed hold of one of them, it might have been Jeff Powell or Steve Currie, I can’t really remember, and they decided to throw him in the swimming pool and, as it was kicking off, Phil Neal’s elbow came up and caught Kevin in the eye.

It was as simple as that.

That is why I mentioned Jimmy Case ,he was indeed pissed off with Keegan that day.One other thing s@int with Keegan giving the club plenty of notice that he would not be staying after the end of the season it enabled us to put the wheels in motion for Kenny Dalglish to come to Anfield.That mate was the signing of the century alongside Billy Liddell.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #139: Apr 24, 2016 09:53:32 am

Ach Skip I hate mysteries, now you've got me thinking who could be this other WUM be,?
      After some deliberation,I've come to the conclusion that the suspect in question comes from somewhere around Sunset Boulevard and plays with his balls alot,!!

Am I correct or do you have someone else in mind?

YNWA

:lmao:

Your level of perception and insight is unsurpassed Billy mate .

10 points .

;D

Now another 10 points if you can guess his best mate on here... ?

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #140: Apr 24, 2016 02:48:55 pm
      :lmao:

Your level of perception and insight is unsurpassed Billy mate .

10 points .

;D

Now another 10 points if you can guess his best mate on here... ?

Does he hail from Peru by any chance or am I barking up the wrong Yucca plant?

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #141: Apr 24, 2016 06:39:53 pm
      Does he hail from Peru by any chance or am I barking up the wrong Yucca plant?

YNWA

Clue :

Who was Gazzas best mate ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #142: Apr 24, 2016 06:51:56 pm
      Clue :

Chris Evans? ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #143: Apr 24, 2016 07:06:10 pm
      Clue :

TBH mate, I think you and BB got off on the wrong foot. He's not a bad lad really and I will tell him your not such a bad lad either when I get the chance (I don't mind lying when it's in a good cause :) )
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #144: Apr 24, 2016 11:34:00 pm
      As good as he was (and he was bloody good) I still can't get rid of that "shithouse" feeling when I think about Owen. Suspect I'm not the only one.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 723 
      Reply #145: Apr 25, 2016 03:28:03 am
      calling him a 'judas manc' is so petty. He left us for Madrid not Manure. He went to man u when he was 30 after an injury prone run at newcastle. Dude was in the twilight of his career pretty much.

Owen was always in business for michael owen, ill say that. But he was one of our best strikers of all time, theres no denying it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #146: Apr 25, 2016 08:07:44 am
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Blocked by who? Rafa I am guessing. Well, first time he tried to return to the club Madrid wanted more than what we could afford, hence why he went to Newcastle for £17mill and we ended up signing Crouch for £7mill. Also, he only wanted to return because he found out the grass wasn't greener elsewhere and had enough of warming the bench.

Second time he was linked with returning was when he was then ravaged by injuries that included a broken foot and his knee so we done the right thing opting against it.

Real wanted a fair price for a quality international player on a long term contract, and we had more than enough chances to pay up. It's not we couldn't afford it, we just refused to. Instead of getting a proven quality goalscorer at this club, we signed Crouch who couldn't score in a brothel, the start of the following season was a disaster, and the European Cup defence ended before the quarter finals.

I said before that I don't like him going to his last club no more than anyone else. But he wasn't allowed come back here, so had to look elsewhere. That I can understand, even if I don't like where he ended up. He was past his best at the time, and had several injuries. Then again, we had Torres around, who seemed to be injured every second week. We also had paid megabucks for a useless, injury prone, Italian who basically contributed nothing to the side. At the end of the year we finished 7th, and barely qualified for Europe. So the decision to let him go somewhere else backfired again.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2016 08:27:25 am by lfc across the water »
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #147: Apr 25, 2016 09:20:20 am
      Crouch wasn't  a bad signing was he?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #148: Apr 25, 2016 02:46:04 pm
      Real wanted a fair price for a quality international player on a long term contract, and we had more than enough chances to pay up. It's not we couldn't afford it, we just refused to. Instead of getting a proven quality goalscorer at this club, we signed Crouch who couldn't score in a brothel, the start of the following season was a disaster, and the European Cup defence ended before the quarter finals.

I said before that I don't like him going to his last club no more than anyone else. But he wasn't allowed come back here, so had to look elsewhere. That I can understand, even if I don't like where he ended up. He was past his best at the time, and had several injuries. Then again, we had Torres around, who seemed to be injured every second week. We also had paid megabucks for a useless, injury prone, Italian who basically contributed nothing to the side. At the end of the year we finished 7th, and barely qualified for Europe. So the decision to let him go somewhere else backfired again.

you really are Walter Mitty
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #149: Apr 25, 2016 04:41:56 pm
      As long as we don't have to pay for the medical bill when he breaks his fingers shaking peoples hands and sprains his neck nodding along to them pretending to care.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #150: Apr 25, 2016 05:06:30 pm
      As long as we don't have to pay for the medical bill when he breaks his fingers shaking peoples hands and sprains his neck nodding along to them pretending to care.

I can do the finger breaks .
      With pleasure.

Special Offer : I can throw in water-boarding for free.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #151: Apr 25, 2016 06:10:33 pm
      I can do the finger breaks .
      With pleasure.

Special Offer : I can throw in water-boarding for free.

You've always been a generous man Skip  :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #152: Apr 25, 2016 08:29:55 pm
      Real wanted a fair price for a quality international player on a long term contract, and we had more than enough chances to pay up. It's not we couldn't afford it, we just refused to.

We spent £20mill that summer, Mostly split across Crouch at 7m, Pepe Reina at around 7 and Momo Sissoko. We got barely any money from player sales; not even £15mill as it goes. If you think we could go spending £17mill on a player we sold for £8mill then you are in dreamland. We could have signed him for that price, but I expect it would have meant we wouldn't have had Pepe Reina or anyone else that summer and I know who I would rather have been signing out of them two options and it wouldn't have been Owen.

Also we didn't have more than enough chances. He went from saying he would only be prepared to join Newcastle on loan for a season until he could hopefully rejoin is the following season if we didn't make it happen that summer. So if he was that desperate to return he could have held off on Newcastle whilst we were still negotiating a fee the same as what we sold him for. He also would have had to take a pay cut to re-join so that was probably what made him opt for Newcastle in the end.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2016 08:44:49 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #153: Apr 25, 2016 08:48:13 pm
      You've always been a generous man Skip  :laugh:

;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #154: Apr 26, 2016 02:39:40 pm
      micky fu**ed up, he MAY have been on a flight but he still should've known what day and time it was. Apparently he posted the tweet about his flight after the verdict was read out but as I say, as an ambassador (bizarre), he shouldn't of tweeted at all, never mind tweeting about his flight and what he's doing for BT sport this week.

Get. Shut.

In the space of 18 mins Owen shows why he is not fit enough to represent us as an international ambassador...

Show some class you *#%$
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #155: Apr 26, 2016 04:26:35 pm
      How dare a kid cry when they're not comfortable with something nevermind a longhaul flight from China to the UK.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #156: Apr 26, 2016 04:32:59 pm
      How dare a kid cry when they're not comfortable with something nevermind a longhaul flight from China to the UK.

From China to Uk first class too I bet. c**t.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #157: Apr 26, 2016 04:49:38 pm

Is this China trip club related & are the club picking up his expenses?..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #158: Apr 26, 2016 09:44:18 pm
      micky fu**ed up, he MAY have been on a flight but he still should've known what day and time it was.

Switched his phone on first thing he should have had was a text perchance.

Fella's a grade A bellend.  There aren't many LFC related people who I wouldn't be excited to see or meet - but he's definitely one of them.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #159: Apr 26, 2016 09:54:33 pm
      Just don't like him anymore, nothing is going to change that! Don't want him representing the club, he lost that right when he pulled on a Scum shirt.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #160: Apr 26, 2016 10:15:58 pm

I'm sure I remember him playing for Man U I must of dreamed it, there's no way LFC would employ a traitor.........is there?

:f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply