Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Sakho fails drug test - Update: Case dropped by UEFA

Read 48254 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Sakho fails drug test
      Reply #46: Apr 23, 2016 02:26:57 pm
      I take a nap before the game and wake up to this. Bloody hell.

If he's guilty, he's an idiot. If he's suspended, get it imposed ASAP and he's back before the new year.

Hope it's some confusion but I can't see how, unfortunately.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #47: Apr 23, 2016 02:28:11 pm
      Heard the B sample is back, he's not only guilty, he's pregnant.

I just spat out my coffee reading this, too funny
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #48: Apr 23, 2016 02:31:44 pm
      Heard the B sample is back, he's not only guilty, he's pregnant.

there's an old story from south America where supposedly a team got other people to supply urine tests and one came back pregnant (and yes it was a male team)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #49: Apr 23, 2016 02:34:57 pm
      I wonder if Jan Molby knew about this drug? :roll:

(Sorry Jan) :D

:D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #50: Apr 23, 2016 02:36:36 pm
      Apparently a lot of them contain a stimulant. Depends which drug he has taken I suppose.   

Yep.

Stupid as it sounds but fat burners and anti-ageing supplements are becoming very common in sport.

Both are easy to get a hold of, rarely considered to be a banned substance and both can have stimulants in them which aid either muscle boosting, muscle recovery or weight loss.

Ridiculous you'd need to take them at 26 and in decent shape. Nothing a professional athlete's fitness regime couldn't fix if he felt like he needed to trim down.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #51: Apr 23, 2016 02:39:17 pm
      No big deal as long as LFC face no sanctions. We've got Kolo, Skrtel, Caulker and Ilori as alternatives. Lucas can fit in too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #52: Apr 23, 2016 02:45:26 pm
      It's all a load of crap. I read of a Shampoo once that it contained Caffeine so there was a disclaimer for athletes, as if athletes can't drink coffee? There seems to be a big confusion of what athletes can and can't have.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #53: Apr 23, 2016 02:49:11 pm
      It's all a load of crap. I read of a Shampoo once that it contained Caffeine so there was a disclaimer for athletes, as if athletes can't drink coffee? There seems to be a big confusion of what athletes can and can't have.

They can be investigated if they have high levels of caffeine in their system, depending on the sport or the organising body of the sport.

Lots of products have labels on them even if it contains 0.01% of a certain substance in it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #54: Apr 23, 2016 02:52:23 pm
      They can be investigated if they have high levels of caffeine in their system, depending on the sport or the organising body of the sport.

Lots of products have labels on them even if it contains 0.01% of a certain substance in it.
      it's nuts. I drink that much tea I would not get past the caffeine checks. He is not suspended, I would just play him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #55: Apr 23, 2016 02:53:51 pm
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #56: Apr 23, 2016 02:55:16 pm
      F**k sake.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #57: Apr 23, 2016 02:55:29 pm
      Reading on another site that Kolo's 6 months was an F.A. charge. Sakho has been charged by UEFA and the ban is likely to be two years.

Hopefully bollocks!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Apr 23, 2016 02:58:17 pm
      Reading on another site that Kolo's 6 months was an F.A. charge. Sakho has been charged by UEFA and the ban is likely to be two years.

Hopefully bollocks!
      Sounds like it is bollocks.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #59: Apr 23, 2016 03:00:00 pm

Hopefully bollocks!

Does UEFA have the power to ban him from domestic competition aswell?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Apr 23, 2016 03:32:48 pm
      Not good news at all, but let's just hang on and see what the result of the B test is,
      It could be something totally innocent like a nasal spray or migraine pill,

Some of you lot are holding the hangmans noose without knowing the actual facts,

Ask yourself this, your playing regularly in a exciting side, with possible Euro tin on the horizon, playing for a top boss who believes in you,....
      ...why then take a performance enhanced drug, or suck on a doobie or worse snort a white line,
      Very much doubt it, but let's just wait and see eh!

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Apr 23, 2016 03:44:10 pm
      Not good news at all, but let's just hang on and see what the result of the B test is,
      It could be something totally innocent like a nasal spray or migraine pill,

Some of you lot are holding the hangmans noose without knowing the actual facts,

Ask yourself this, your playing regularly in a exciting side, with possible Euro tin on the horizon, playing for a top boss who believes in you,....
      ...why then take a performance enhanced drug, or suck on a doobie or worse snort a white line,
      Very much doubt it, but let's just wait and see eh!

YNWA

can't remember a "B"sample ever being different. the drug banned list is huge down to stuff that you would never imagine could be performance enhancing but buried away with in simple potions are drugs considered to be performance enhancers. Rumours of a dietary pill seems bizzare and unnecessary but lets just see how this pans out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Apr 23, 2016 04:56:25 pm
      Well considering someone sanctioned a £33mill move for Benteke, he's not the only one who should in question over drugs.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #63: Apr 23, 2016 05:38:14 pm
      Could Skrtel and Mignolet not get banned for failing a drugs test instead - they both seemed baked and pissed whenever they play.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #64: Apr 23, 2016 08:35:32 pm
      Tony Barrett: Liverpool have clarified that Sakho has not been suspended but he will not be selected while the process is ongoing.

He's not suspended ? But won't be selected ! I presume the club are following EUFA or whoever's rules on this. And it's not us that have decided to 'not select' him of our own accord.
      F***ing bad timing. Sakho and Lovren were settling into a really good groove. Origi and now Sakho, jayzus bleedin wept :(
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #65: Apr 23, 2016 10:32:05 pm
      Well fu ck me! This is just a shocker! No professional footballer should ever be in this position. He's going to get a 12 month ban? They come down hard on this sh it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #66: Apr 23, 2016 10:48:15 pm
      Well fu ck me! This is just a shocker! No professional footballer should ever be in this position. He's going to get a 12 month ban? They come down hard on this sh it.

Won't be 12 months, Kolo did get a 6 month ban for something similar while at City.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #67: Apr 23, 2016 10:49:27 pm
      Well considering someone sanctioned a £33mill move for Benteke, he's not the only one who should in question over drugs.

Drugs would make his performances understandable oh hang on they talk about "performance enhancing drugs" that's not our big Ben is it nobody could ever accuse him of having his performance enhanced mores the pity
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #68: Apr 23, 2016 11:47:03 pm
      There's plenty of Footballers out there doing it and with the sanction of their clubs . Look at Leicester with there  Chinese owners , those fuckers have the pick of PED's  that can't be detected . How can Leicester go from relegation fodder to champions elect in one season and Vardy , where the F**k was he all along until this season .

Quick Reply