Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Sakho fails drug test - Update: Case dropped by UEFA

Read 48284 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Sakho fails drug test
      Reply #69: Apr 24, 2016 11:39:22 am
      Good point. Rest of the league must have been on the :cool-smiley-027: :cool-smiley-027:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #70: Apr 24, 2016 11:43:54 am
      Surely the club would or should have their own screening programme to pick this sort of stuff up? Failing that - it's quite simple: take F**k all without the okay from the club [doctors].
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #71: Apr 24, 2016 01:55:40 pm
      Surely the club would or should have their own screening programme to pick this sort of stuff up? Failing that - it's quite simple: take f**k all without the okay from the club [doctors].

Interesting point mate.

Conspiracy theory number 1

Sakho drugs test 17/3/16

Ryland Morgans Doctor in charge of fitness unexpectedly leaves Liverpool 31/3/16

Second theory... using the Oliver Stone method. Who benefits... who has most to gain from Sakho's absence... who would have previous knowledge of such drugs and the consequences of taking them...who plays at the "back and to the left" with Sakho out. :)

Sadly I am no Sherlock

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #72: Apr 24, 2016 02:03:58 pm
      Second theory... using the Oliver Stone method. Who benefits... who has most to gain from Sakho's absence... who would have previous knowledge of such drugs and the consequences of taking them...who plays at the "back and to the left" with Sakho out. :)

Sadly I am no Sherlock

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #73: Apr 24, 2016 02:51:06 pm
      B sample is invariably the same as the first.
      Drug charges by Uefa are much harsher than those handed down by national asociations

Uefa surely has a much better lab than we can access. The list of banned substances is so big i cant imagine liverpool being able to detect them all. I figure we screen for the usual suspects: recreational drugs and a few if the common enhancers

If hes guilty, and it is confirmed it was the fat burner, the guy is an idiot. Thise things wont do anything a good training regime cant do

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #74: Apr 24, 2016 02:59:12 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #75: Apr 24, 2016 03:04:40 pm
      B sample is invariably the same as the first.
      Drug charges by Uefa are much harsher than those handed down by national asociations

Uefa surely has a much better lab than we can access. The list of banned substances is so big i cant imagine liverpool being able to detect them all. I figure we screen for the usual suspects: recreational drugs and a few if the common enhancers

If hes guilty, and it is confirmed it was the fat burner, the guy is an idiot. Thise things wont do anything a good training regime cant do

I'd prefer to say he's been extremely naive here, I cannot imagine for one second Mama jeopardising his career foremost and of course damaging the club's chances of Euro success and not forgetting letting all his teammates down,

It's probably safe to say he's facing a six month ban at the very least, Kolo went through it at City, it's bad but not as bad as Camel face Ferdinand who tried to hide his guilt by twice dodging the test, MUPPET!

YNWA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #76: Apr 24, 2016 03:08:28 pm
      Apparently UEFA's minimum ban for a first offence is two years?

Let's hope for a miracle from the B sample otherwise his Liverpool career could be over.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #77: Apr 24, 2016 03:09:44 pm
      I think he would need glasses to look like Heisenberg.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #78: Apr 24, 2016 03:10:48 pm
      Apparently UEFA's minimum ban for a first offence is two years?

Let's hope for a miracle from the B sample otherwise his Liverpool career could be over.
      I think it is over now. Not because of the offense, but because we need a defense.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #79: Apr 24, 2016 03:21:24 pm
      October was quoted this morning not two years but 6 months similar to Toure got at City a few years back.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #80: Apr 24, 2016 03:24:29 pm
      October was quoted this morning not two years but 6 months similar to Toure got at City a few years back.
      So the ban would include the summer?
      evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #81: Apr 24, 2016 04:10:18 pm
      If he isn't suspended, then why not select him? I don't think any official suspension time period will be changed or reduced by self imposed suspension.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #82: Apr 24, 2016 04:11:49 pm
      If he isn't suspended, then why not select him? I don't think any official suspension time period will be changed or reduced by self imposed suspension.

My thoughts too.

We should play him at Villarreal.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #83: Apr 24, 2016 04:24:29 pm

Might cause a shitstorm if we played him mate. It is one thing a player getting caught for using banned substances, another if a club willingly play a player whilst knowing that he may have used a banned substance.

Wenger has already tried to get a result overturned because a player was using a banned substance.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #84: Apr 24, 2016 04:33:11 pm
      I'd prefer to say he's been extremely naive here, I cannot imagine for one second Mama jeopardising his career foremost and of course damaging the club's chances of Euro success and not forgetting letting all his teammates down,

It's probably safe to say he's facing a six month ban at the very least, Kolo went through it at City, it's bad but not as bad as Camel face Ferdinand who tried to hide his guilt by twice dodging the test, MUPPET!

YNWA

The idiot part was in regards to the effect of the drug ( IF confirmed) . For what i read it does nothing a good workout routine wont do.

Im pretty sure Uefa bans are 2 years min, but i could be wrong. Toure was banned by the FA hence the shorter period.

Can anyone find a respectable link to regulations or similar cases on uefa rulings?
      evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #85: Apr 24, 2016 04:52:14 pm
      Might cause a shitstorm if we played him mate. It is one thing a player getting caught for using banned substances, another if a club willingly play a player whilst knowing that he may have used a banned substance.

Wenger has already tried to get a result overturned because a player was using a banned substance.

I can see that, but I think it would have to be more than one player for that type sanction.

Who knows?  maybe choosing not to play now can be taken into consideration.

Let's hope it's not 4 years as this site states for first time offence

http://www.uefa.org/protecting-the-game/anti-doping/news/newsid=2310786.html
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #86: Apr 24, 2016 05:28:57 pm
      Four years if intentional.

Up to two years if he bears no significant fault.

Zilch if it wasn't his fault at all.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: Apr 24, 2016 05:41:32 pm
      Four years if intentional.

Up to two years if he bears no significant fault.

Zilch if it wasn't his fault at all.

It's always the athletes fault, ignorance is not a defence.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #88: Apr 24, 2016 05:47:21 pm

Big Bad Kolo!!

Heisenberg would sh*t his pants   8)
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #89: Apr 24, 2016 07:34:45 pm
      It's always the athletes fault, ignorance is not a defence.

Tend to agree. Any supplements, weight loss pills etc. should be checked by the club doctor before anything is taken. That way there are no excuses.

Based on what I've read I think he'll get a ban of between 6-12 months if found guilty.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #90: Apr 24, 2016 07:42:48 pm
      Tend to agree. Any supplements, weight loss pills etc. should be checked by the club doctor before anything is taken. That way there are no excuses.

Based on what I've read I think he'll get a ban of between 6-12 months if found guilty.

It could easily be longer than that going off the UEFA link posted earlier.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #91: Apr 24, 2016 07:51:46 pm
      If it's years, do we sack him and sue for compensation at a later date if another club signs him (Mutu & Chelsea) or do we keep him on and just not pay his wages for those years?

Quick Reply