Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Sakho fails drug test - Update: Case dropped by UEFA

Read 48282 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: Sakho fails drug test
      Reply #299: Apr 28, 2016 11:39:19 am
      I may be wrong here but I hope I'm not cos I love sakho and his legs of body independence.

Those saying that we should 'get fackin shu' me old china' or that he'll be sold are wrong.

Here's my thinking, IF Jürgen was going to sell he'd of told sakho to do his B and then appeal and he'd of had him till the end of the season and crucially for our EL matches. By not doing the B his ban of (imho) six months will be over in October.

I'm looking at it the same way mate....

Poor Sakho.... What a time to do your cruciate ligaments in....  ;D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,183 posts | 832 
      Reply #300: Apr 28, 2016 01:38:25 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #301: Apr 28, 2016 01:44:31 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #302: Apr 28, 2016 02:05:32 pm
      We stick by our own even when they make a mistake as he has done and admitted as much..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #303: Apr 28, 2016 02:07:41 pm
      Sakho has let the club down. No two ways about it.

He's lucky in many ways, he is one of the very few that will be forgiven by most of the fan base.

Certain players in our team wouldn't have a Liverpool career left worth returning too once their ban was up.

True.

Imagine if it was Lovren before his recent renaissance.

I love Sakho as a footballer and he seems like a great guy and a leader type player but he has made a mistake here.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #304: Apr 28, 2016 02:42:47 pm
      Can't you get suspended from the forum for 2 years?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #305: Apr 28, 2016 02:48:59 pm
      Got told by two people today (one a Manc) that "Sakho only got 30 days, can you believe that?". Deary me.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #306: Apr 28, 2016 03:04:01 pm
      30 days for a fat burner seems about right

its not like he was on roids or EPO or summin
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #307: Apr 28, 2016 03:11:25 pm

It's provisional...30 days until a decision.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #308: Apr 28, 2016 03:24:52 pm

That's the club suspension.

He will get a 6 month ban minimum.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #309: Apr 28, 2016 03:29:17 pm
      That's the club suspension.

He will get a 6 month ban minimum.
      UEFA gave him a temporary suspention to cover the proceedings. I think 6 months to a year is likely.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #310: Apr 28, 2016 03:44:34 pm

Ha ha fair play
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #311: Apr 28, 2016 03:48:44 pm

Please if he does, can he take you with him ?

He'll treat you well, like a little shelf elf.

We need a Ripa break ...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #312: Apr 28, 2016 03:51:49 pm
      Please if he does, can he take you with him ?

He'll treat you well, like a little shelf elf.

We need a Ripa break ...
      i'd usually respond and argue to comments like that. Not taking the bait.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #313: Apr 28, 2016 03:53:19 pm
      So basically a month of his ban will be pretty much served before the outcome of the UEFA investigation and subsequent punishment.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #314: Apr 28, 2016 03:57:01 pm
      i'd usually respond and argue to comments like that. Not taking the bait.

Probably for the best, you'd be left wondering if you really do have sh*t for brains.

Altho, it's in no doubt to the majority on here.   :f_whistle:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #315: May 02, 2016 05:56:27 pm
      Liverpool FC's Sakho given worldwide ban by FIFA after anti-doping violation
      World football's governing body extends initial UEFA sanction to include all domestic, international and friendly fixtures

Mamadou Sakho is now banned from football worldwide after FIFA extended the Liverpool man's provisional sanction for an anti-doping violation.

Sakho was given a 30-day suspension by UEFA last month after testing positive for a banned substance - understood to be a fat burner. The Reds defender elected not to contest the charge, and will instead plead mitigation in an effort to avoid a lengthy ban.

The Frenchman will not play again for his club this season, but FIFA have now increased his sanction to include international and friendly fixtures.

A statement released on FIFA.com said: “The chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided to extend the sanction imposed on 28 April 2016 by the chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body of UEFA on the French player Mamadou Sakho for an anti-doping rule violation to have worldwide effect in accordance with article 136 ff. of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.

“As a consequence, Mr Sakho is provisionally suspended worldwide for 30 days as of 28 April 2016 in accordance with the terms of the decision passed by the chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body of UEFA. This suspension covers all types of matches, including domestic, international, friendly and official fixtures.

“The decision of the chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee was notified today to The Football Association Ltd., the French Football Association and UEFA.”

Sakho tested positive for the banned substance following Liverpool's Europa League tie at Manchester United in March, and was immediately made unavailable for selection by the Reds. He was suspended by UEFA later, pending further investigation.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-sakho-given-worldwide-11273585

FIFA, if only they could act so quickly to sort their own sh*t out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #316: May 02, 2016 08:04:24 pm
      Liverpool FC's Sakho given worldwide ban by FIFA after anti-doping violation
      World football's governing body extends initial UEFA sanction to include all domestic, international and friendly fixtures

Mamadou Sakho is now banned from football worldwide after FIFA extended the Liverpool man's provisional sanction for an anti-doping violation.

Sakho was given a 30-day suspension by UEFA last month after testing positive for a banned substance - understood to be a fat burner. The Reds defender elected not to contest the charge, and will instead plead mitigation in an effort to avoid a lengthy ban.

The Frenchman will not play again for his club this season, but FIFA have now increased his sanction to include international and friendly fixtures.

A statement released on FIFA.com said: “The chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided to extend the sanction imposed on 28 April 2016 by the chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body of UEFA on the French player Mamadou Sakho for an anti-doping rule violation to have worldwide effect in accordance with article 136 ff. of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.

“As a consequence, Mr Sakho is provisionally suspended worldwide for 30 days as of 28 April 2016 in accordance with the terms of the decision passed by the chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body of UEFA. This suspension covers all types of matches, including domestic, international, friendly and official fixtures.

“The decision of the chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee was notified today to The Football Association Ltd., the French Football Association and UEFA.”

Sakho tested positive for the banned substance following Liverpool's Europa League tie at Manchester United in March, and was immediately made unavailable for selection by the Reds. He was suspended by UEFA later, pending further investigation.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-sakho-given-worldwide-11273585

FIFA, if only they could act so quickly to sort their own sh*t out.

a nice brown envelope could have sorted this out
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #317: May 02, 2016 08:17:50 pm
      By the noises FIFA are making, i.e. already moving the goal posts, I'm thinking it is gonna be 2 years to make an example. End of Liverpool career me thinks. And I was just coming round to thinking he could turn into a great for us. Two years with NO football whatsoever, will take another one to recover from. And if he was aware of what he was doing, that comes down to cheating, and there's no place for that at Liverpool in my opinion.
      Lots of questions to be answered before we hang him out to dry, but I think the general feeling about this is pretty grim.
      I'm hoping there are some pretty strong mitigating circumstances in his favour, but I won't be betting my mortgage on it !
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #318: May 02, 2016 08:25:33 pm
      a nice brown envelope could have sorted this out

Or some clean piss.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #319: May 02, 2016 08:31:49 pm
      why would it be 2 years for a fat burner? i dont get it.

rio skipped his goddamn test. kolo got 6 months for a fat burner. abel xavier got 18 mons for anabolics.

2 years makes no sense to me
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #320: May 03, 2016 09:39:51 am
      why would it be 2 years for a fat burner? i dont get it.

rio skipped his goddamn test. kolo got 6 months for a fat burner. abel xavier got 18 mons for anabolics.

2 years makes no sense to me

Fat burners can be used to mask other drugs, if the disciplinary committee feel this is the case, you can make sense of the two year possibility.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #321: May 03, 2016 10:40:08 am
      Ha ha... so true and you've hit on a good point Pups.

A diuretic may indeed be used to produce a more diluted piss sample. And... yes, it has been inferred by Collymore, amongst others, that Mama used a "Fat Burner" to hide [mask] illicit drug(s). But... the substance he used was banned - think about it.

Drinking high levels of water every day (or 'unintentional' dilution) also does exactly the same thing - i.e. dilute the urine sample... and does it without the risk of showing a positive test for "Fat Burners". Admittedly there is no guarantee that it will produce a negative result but it will certainly stand a better chance than using a banned substance.  :laugh:

The inference is that Mama chose to take the hit (max 2 years?), for using "Fat Burners", over the hit for something else - I can't see that myself but stranger, more F***ing stupid, things have happened.

Personally speaking - call me naive but I still like to believe that he took them unwittingly and without malice.

Quick Reply