Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Sakho fails drug test - Update: Case dropped by UEFA

Read 48293 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Sakho fails drug test
      Reply #322: May 03, 2016 11:46:43 am
      I must have missed the line where it says 2 years and I read that twice. Is that F***ing for real? 2 F***ing years?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #323: May 03, 2016 11:56:56 am
      I must have missed the line where it says 2 years and I read that twice. Is that F***ing for real? 2 F***ing years?

Not sure mate that's why I questioned [?] the duration myself. Two years or two months - either way you know you're still getting caught. Makes no sense (to me) whereas taking it unwittingly does but maybe I'm being soft.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #324: May 03, 2016 12:04:31 pm
      Not sure mate that's why I questioned [?] the duration myself. Two years or two months - either way you know you're still getting caught. Makes no sense (to me) whereas taking it unwittingly does but maybe I'm being soft.

Yep he's a dummy, that's for sure mate. Just hoping 2 years isn't the correct sentence.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,539 posts | 725 
      Reply #325: May 03, 2016 04:53:40 pm
      Fat burners can be used to mask other drugs, if the disciplinary committee feel this is the case, you can make sense of the two year possibility.

wouldnt he have to know in advance he was going to be tested? Maybe he should have just legged it like rio
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #326: May 03, 2016 06:01:34 pm
      wouldnt he have to know in advance he was going to be tested? Maybe he should have just legged it like rio

No mate, can just be picked at random after a game.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #327: May 03, 2016 07:50:29 pm
      Fat burners can be used to mask other drugs, if the disciplinary committee feel this is the case, you can make sense of the two year possibility.

It would be way outside their remit to do so. It's like presuming guilt for someone who declines to comment, it may look like it but there is no legal grounding for it. Sakho would sue if they banned him for something he didn't test positive for or banned him on presumption.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #328: May 03, 2016 08:08:12 pm
      there is a true and humorous story about a cyclist in the 60's called for a urine sample and he had expected it and come prepared with a vile of his wifes urine. the sample was negative but he was 3 months pregnant.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #329: May 03, 2016 08:11:52 pm

Failing to provide a sample can also be used to mask other drugs, but yet Rio only got Six months! If Sakho getvmore than that, then it's not right!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #330: May 03, 2016 08:13:28 pm
      Failing to provide a sample can also be used to mask other drugs, but yet Rio only got Six months! If Sakho getvmore than that, then it's not right!

both he and the club have responded in the right way and he will miss the Euro's so I think it will be 6 months and a warning
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #331: May 03, 2016 08:15:24 pm

I get your point mate but this is UEFA not the FA and Sakho plays for Liverpool not the manc scum.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #332: May 03, 2016 08:19:01 pm
      there is a true and humorous story about a cyclist in the 60's called for a urine sample and he had expected it and come prepared with a vile of his wifes urine. the sample was negative but he was 3 months pregnant.

:lmao:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #333: May 03, 2016 08:40:25 pm

Also difference between UEFA and the FA to take in to account. I'm not going in to the right and wrongs but, in the very least, it's dumb.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #334: May 06, 2016 10:54:12 am
      Apparently Sakho will find out in the next 7 days what his ban is (subject to appeal). 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #335: May 06, 2016 03:58:06 pm
      Apparently Sakho will find out in the next 7 days what his ban is (subject to appeal). 

missing a European final and then the Euros is a pretty steep punishment in itself.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #336: May 06, 2016 04:17:56 pm
      missing a European final and then the Euros is a pretty steep punishment in itself.

I'm gutted for him for our sake but genuinely gutted for him that I won't be seeing him play at this summer's Euros. France were one of the teams I was most looking forward to and seeing Sakho leading the defence was something I was looking forward to. Such a let down that this won't happen now.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #337: May 16, 2016 02:00:19 pm
      I may have missed it, but did we ever find out what the punishment is? We will need to know soon as some of our transfer business will need to revolve around his potential availability....
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #338: May 16, 2016 02:02:56 pm
      I may have missed it, but did we ever find out what the punishment is? We will need to know soon as some of our transfer business will need to revolve around his potential availability....

I can't remember what the exact date would be but it should happen within the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately the date of the punishment doesn't revolve our transfer dealings.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #339: May 16, 2016 02:03:32 pm

Not yet mate, it was supposedly going to be announced before the French squad was picked but that's been and gone.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #340: May 16, 2016 03:31:06 pm
      If he isn't suspended, then why not select him? I don't think any official suspension time period will be changed or reduced by self imposed suspension.

It could potentially invalidate the result of the match - best to avoid the thorny legal issues that would ensue.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #341: May 16, 2016 05:25:22 pm
      It could potentially invalidate the result of the match - best to avoid the thorny legal issues that would ensue.

"You cheating scouse bas**rds" for years on end at Old Trafford.

Marvellous!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #342: May 16, 2016 05:58:05 pm
      "You cheating scouse bas**rds" for years on end at Old Trafford.

Marvellous!!

think Rafa could have used some of his stuff to avoid the "fat Spanish waiter "jibes. I still think with missing the final and the Euros 6 months is punishment enough.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #343: May 16, 2016 09:06:59 pm
      I think they'll hit him hard and wouldn't be surprised at 1 year to 18 months.
      Not sure we'll see him in a Liverpool shirt again, and if he has been blatantly taking banned drugs and then trying to mask it, I'm not sure I want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again to be honest.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #344: May 17, 2016 05:30:06 pm
      It's been confirmed, Sakho is on Coke!  :D

Quick Reply