Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (10.3%)
      Connor Randall
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (4.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      11 (16.2%)
      Kevin Stewart
      2 (2.9%)
      Joe Allen
      6 (8.8%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.4%)
      Adam Lallana
      24 (35.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      11 (16.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2016 04:58:12 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle: In game and Post Match debates

Read 25899 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #368: Apr 23, 2016 05:56:04 pm
      It is unacceptable for a Liverpool team to be cruising 2-0 up at home, in total control of the game and finish it 2-2 because we somehow lost that control. That simply cannot happen if we want to be successful. In terms of Migs, he isn't solely responsible for the dropped points but his error again undermines the confidence of our defence and enhances the confidence of the opposing team's attack. Until that point they never looked like getting back in. We will never be comfortable defending high balls whilst our defence has no f**king clue what the goalkeeper is going to do behind them. At least with Randall you can chalk it up to inexperience, with Migs he's just simply sh*t.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #369: Apr 23, 2016 05:59:09 pm
      When your on the very edge mate, you push back harder, just ask Scottish shepherds, and their sheep, they've always got a smile on their faces,    ;)  ;D

YNWA
      Billy, really starting to worry about you mate, what with Divock, his sock,and  his cock, and now Scottish shepherds,their sheep,pushing harder, and smiles?... A word of warning.... If you push too hard it can all end in tears  >:D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #370: Apr 23, 2016 06:13:39 pm
      I prefer the Welsh method... a pair of Wellies for their back legs and then take a long run up. :)

Dunno mate, it's difficult to run with wellies on     ;D

Back to the game, another two pts dropped kind of kills our far flung hopes of 4th,
      I suppose until it's mathematically impossible we'll hang in there,  I think we should now fully concentrate on Europa and let our league position look after itself,  I've said before I'm not averse to missing euro football for one season, giving us a major advantage in our assault for no 19,

If we were to make the EC through our final league position then fine but I'd much prefer the CL and we're only going to get to that by winning the EC this season.

Oh yeah nearly forgot,... Mignolet is a kunt!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #371: Apr 23, 2016 06:20:29 pm
      Billy, really starting to worry about you mate, what with Divock, his sock,and  his cock, and now Scottish shepherds,their sheep,pushing harder, and smiles?... A word of warning.... If you push too hard it can all end in tears  >:D

Ach I know mate,  I have to have some excitement in my life, not much happens at home, the missus legs for instance have been together longer than the Beatles, and aunty Pamela  and her wee sisters isn't the same anymore    >:D

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #372: Apr 23, 2016 06:22:05 pm
      Dunno mate, it's difficult to run with wellies on

The Wellies go on the sheep, sheep can't run with wellies on. Saves chasing them all around the field. Listen and learn mate... listen and learn :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #373: Apr 23, 2016 06:26:18 pm
      The Wellies go on the sheep, sheep can't run with wellies on. Saves chasing them all around the field. Listen and learn mate... listen and learn :)

Dammit, I knew I was doing something wrong, Baaaastards!!

I love ewe!

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #374: Apr 23, 2016 06:35:51 pm
      I know he has just come back from injury but Lucas was absolutely pants.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #375: Apr 23, 2016 06:36:31 pm
      Hopefully the lads can make this result irrelevant by putting in a good enough display on Thursday to give us confidence for making the final.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #376: Apr 23, 2016 06:47:36 pm
      I Haven't seen the game but it sounds like a continuation of a season where we have struggled all season to put together 3-4 performances on the bounce. My disappointment is tempered By 7 points from 9 with a European Quarter Final victory thrown in for good measure. We all know the squad is not strong enough, Toure, Randall, Stewart aren't players for this level despite turning in the occasional decent performance and fingers crossed Jürgen is on the look out for a new keeper in the summer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #377: Apr 23, 2016 06:49:53 pm
      I prefer the Welsh method... a pair of Wellies for their back legs and then take a long run up. :)

ewe'll never walk alone
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #378: Apr 23, 2016 08:24:16 pm
      Ah well. Not massively surprised at the result, just the manner of it. To let 2-0 slip at home, that's a bit frustrating. But can get these results against the relegation strugglers, so my nicks will stay untwisted.
      Didn't see the match, it'll have to be MOTD highlights. Would have been nice to keep the winning run going, but for me this was the starter, Villareal is the main course. Klopp will have them ready. roll on Thursday...
      Btw, the Sakho thing, only just heard about that too. FFS, can we please stop loosing our first XI starters!!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #379: Apr 23, 2016 08:28:21 pm
      I really feare another Southampton style F**k up was on the cards after they equalised,  but we were actually the better team in the second half, so it wasn't as bad as some make out. We should have won the game, but you can't legislate for Migs mistakes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #380: Apr 23, 2016 08:41:45 pm
      I really feare another Southampton style f**k up was on the cards after they equalised,  but we were actually the better team in the second half, so it wasn't as bad as some make out. We should have won the game, but you can't legislate for Migs mistakes.

In what way were we the better team second half, how many saves did their keeper have to make??

Sorry but this loss is mostly on Klopp and whatever the f**k he said at half time because the lads came out second half as if they had already won. They were fast asleep and didn't really wake up until the last 10 minutes by which time we couldn't get back into gear.

Very very disappointing but I expect us to bounce back against Villareal, we are playing some damned good football at the moment but our focus and mentality still needs a lot of work, but i don't expect that to be an issue on Thursday, well unless we are leading 2-0 at half time ;-)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #381: Apr 23, 2016 08:51:20 pm
      Truly a game of two halves and to be honest, they deserved a draw based upon how poor we were for pretty much the whole of the second half.
      Not good.
      Perhaps in a weird way, it wasn't the worst result for the club
      We have been on a roll and this result brings the players back down to earth and hammers home the need to stay focused and committed for an entire game.
      It's all about Thursday now. Have to perform. Have to deliver. No one can go hiding.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #382: Apr 23, 2016 10:18:15 pm
      Two nil up and cruising and we pretty much threw away the three points. Again gifting goals to the opposition.

Hopefully the team plus the Mignolet F**k up is out of their system by Thursday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #383: Apr 23, 2016 11:59:05 pm
      Today was a prime example of the weak mentality that is mentioned regularly.

We still lack players with that never lose attitude before we we are ever considered a top team , although some posters on here get fooled very quickly with a good result.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #384: Apr 24, 2016 12:21:50 am
      Another 2 goal lead squandered.

Embarrassing stuff.

Who gave our keeper a new 5 year deal?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #385: Apr 24, 2016 12:55:00 am
      I thought we played very well first half, (apart from in midfield). I thought we controlled the pace of the game and we scored a couple of cracking goals.

Second half we took our foot off the gas, Mignolet made his mistake and after that the feeling was more of  another Southampton disaster than of us going on to win comfortably.

Maybe it will be yet another wakeup call that we are not yet world beaters and we need to really put the effort in for 90 mins to get results. Hopefully in time for Thursday too.

Trying to see the positives but after throwing away another 2 goal lead it gets harder.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #386: Apr 24, 2016 03:05:15 am
      In the first half the lads were greedy and had the desire to punish Newcastle,we seemed to have 4 or 5 players around the ball every minute of the half.I don't know  what went wrong in the second half but we run out of steam.Was this due to a RAFA masterstroke by making us kick into the KOP end in the first half.
                             It was good to see Jürgen welcome RAFA back to Anfield even if RAFA did rob us of a couple of points.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #387: Apr 24, 2016 03:16:13 am
      In addition to everything has been said, I also think the F***ing Blueshite are to be blamed, they rolled over so easily mid week, our boys came out so casual after the break, thinking it would be another walk in the park, a F***ing cardinal sin against a relegation battling team coached by Rafa.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #388: Apr 24, 2016 07:18:12 am
      [/quote

Ah.........Wales, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.........
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #389: Apr 24, 2016 07:29:35 am
      Mignolet began our disastrous second half. We need to re-focus on next Thursday.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #390: Apr 24, 2016 09:21:05 am
      Did,nt watch the game but us losing a 2 goal lead again gets me worried for Thursday.

Quick Reply