Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      6 (6.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.4%)
      Kolo Toure
      8 (9.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (3.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      21 (23.9%)
      Joe Allen
      33 (37.5%)
      James Milner
      9 (10.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1.1%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: May 01, 2016 10:00:21 pm

Villarreal 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debates

Read 40784 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Villarreal 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debates
      Reply #736: Apr 30, 2016 10:21:45 pm
      None of those players have anywhere near the pace to get near that chance to start with, they would have been caught and never even got the shot away. Even after that I'm not convinced any of them would have scored or worked the keeper, look at the chance again.

And for the record your ignorance about thinkingas a left back by trade shows how little you know about this.
      Was not talking about their pace, was talking about thier Composure... But just for you, Luke Shaw is faster than Moreno

Vertonghen Left back for Ajax, and on loan to RCK and only after John Heitinga left for Atlético Madrid, Vertonghen became Thomas Vermaelen's first-choice partner in central defence for Ajax... But I guess Football Manager does not teach you that
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #737: Apr 30, 2016 10:44:13 pm
      Luke Shaw?  :o

F**k sakes, get a grip on what you are saying, or you hold a grudge against the name "Moreno"?

I doubt the fullbacks you've listed would even reach their box with a man pressuring beside them.
      I quite like Moreno... Do I think that he is perfect, No... and again i was not talking about speed, I was talking about  Composure

Both Leighton Baines (Everton) Aleksandar Kolarov (City) Have a better goal scoring record than Moreno, and shoots on target ratio

You are talking out of your arse fella ffs.

Really please tell me how... I stated that thier are plenty of LB in the Premier league who at very least have worked the goal keeper...I would have expected no less from him

BOOM!

I'm guessing your lack of response to numerous posters is you're still trying to lift that head of hanging shame?

Stop. It.

When you see my name it will always have the little "green box" denoting "online next to it, and that is because I always leave my PC on, day and night. It does not how ever mean that (a) I am sitting by the PC... (b) I am at home... (c) I am on the site... Guess what I am heading to bed in the next five minutes xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #738: Apr 30, 2016 11:23:23 pm
      Was not talking about their pace, was talking about thier Composure... But just for you, Luke Shaw is faster than Moreno

Vertonghen Left back for Ajax, and on loan to RCK and only after John Heitinga left for Atlético Madrid, Vertonghen became Thomas Vermaelen's first-choice partner in central defence for Ajax... But I guess Football Manager does not teach you that

I'm not the biggest Moreno fan, but that is utter sh*te. And is that with or without Shaws dangling leg!! Shaw's a fat c**t compared to Moreno.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #739: May 01, 2016 09:10:16 am
      I'm not the biggest Moreno fan, but that is utter sh*te. And is that with or without Shaws dangling leg!! Shaw's a fat c**t compared to Moreno.
      I am not talking about whether you or anyone else like or dislike a player... I can admit whether a player is good or not, and it has nothing to d with who he plays for, the point I was making was about composure on the ball, and shooting... At this point I give up  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #740: May 01, 2016 09:11:46 am
      Jesus, you think I care enough to look at your green box?
      When you say it like that you make it sound so dirty   :angel:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #741: May 01, 2016 09:28:16 am

Good lord you're so uninformed. Good luck finding anyone who is going to agree with you that Luke Shaw is faster than Moreno. Also Vertonghen played left back very briefly when he was a young player and then moved to centre back where he has spent the vast majority of his career. To say Vertonghen is a left back by trade is like saying Jamie Carragher is a centre midfielder by trade, it's just wrong.

Also for the record football manager would actually tell you Vertonghen is accomplished at playing left back but is more of a natural centre back. But I'm sure your football knowledge is more in depth than the largest database of scouted football statistics and information gathered in the history of mankind.

Also what is the difference in someone getting knowledge about players from FM and you who have clearly just went through his Wiki page, it even says "Vertonghen became Thomas Vermaelen's first-choice partner in central defence" you're too lazy to even change the wording! :lmao: Well genius even if you had read the entire article it'll tell you he was forced out wide for one season because of the amount of CBs in the team. It'll tell you he played centre back as a youth player and on loan too. It'll tell you since 2009 he was a starting centre back... That's 7 years in a row he's been playing there. But hey I'm sure that one season he played at left back makes him one by trade.

Would you like to argue that the world is actually flat or are you happy with your current ignorant arguments?
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2016 09:40:42 am by Magillionare »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #742: May 01, 2016 05:12:09 pm
      The inference was more towards you having Gonorrhea. ;D
      Did mummy teach you that one  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #743: May 01, 2016 05:24:37 pm
      Also what is the difference in someone getting knowledge about players from FM and you who have clearly just went through his Wiki page, it even says "Vertonghen became Thomas Vermaelen's first-choice partner in central defence" you're too lazy to even change the wording!
      Yes I looked for something to back up what I said and found it here..... http://player-profiles.co.uk/player-profiles/player-profiles-jan-vertonghen.php in Player Profiles Hardly the Wiki Page; or did it not occur to you that there many be more than one source of information ?.... and why would i change the wording? To make it sound as if i was smarter than I am?... No I will leave that to people like you who need to have people think that they know everything about football... Me I have always maintained I do not know everything, and that I am always willing to learn
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #744: May 01, 2016 05:29:47 pm
      Yes I looked for something to back up what I said and found it here..... http://player-profiles.co.uk/player-profiles/player-profiles-jan-vertonghen.php in Player Profiles Hardly the Wiki Page; or did it not occur to you that there many be more than one source of information ?.... and why would i change the wording? To make it sound as if i was smarter than I am?... No I will leave that to people like you who need to have people think that they know everything about football... Me I have always maintained I do not know everything, and that I am always willing to learn

Well all this proves is your ability to research online is poor at best. We all need to learn, you more than most. Let's leave it at that.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #745: May 01, 2016 05:49:40 pm
      See that's an inference too far.

When you've lost just take it like a man eh?

I wouldn't hold your breath mate
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #746: May 04, 2016 10:57:43 am
      Well all this proves is your ability to research online is poor at best. We all need to learn, you more than most. Let's leave it at that.
      Sorry only just read this today....So let me see if I have this Right...You accuse me of poor research and laziness as you believe I have gone to Wiki' to look up and quote from thier pages. Yes.... When I point out and prove (By giving you the HTTP, of the site I visited) that I did not use Wiki'... you comeback with "Well all this proves is your ability to research online is poor at best." ... This from someone who goes straight to Wiki' to disprove my claims????....That's Classic and speak volumes to your self professed knowledge... A little tip  when claiming that you are more knowledgeable  than someone else about Football, give them the benefit of being as smart as you at least. That way you will not make the same error you just made when accusing someone from quoting from a source you then go direct to in a effort to prove what you are saying is right...

If you choose to reply feel free as for me I am done here
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #747: May 04, 2016 06:20:46 pm
      Sorry only just read this today....So let me see if I have this Right...You accuse me of poor research and laziness as you believe I have gone to Wiki' to look up and quote from thier pages. Yes.... When I point out and prove (By giving you the HTTP, of the site I visited) that I did not use Wiki'... you comeback with "Well all this proves is your ability to research online is poor at best." ... This from someone who goes straight to Wiki' to disprove my claims????....That's Classic and speak volumes to your self professed knowledge... A little tip  when claiming that you are more knowledgeable  than someone else about Football, give them the benefit of being as smart as you at least. That way you will not make the same error you just made when accusing someone from quoting from a source you then go direct to in a effort to prove what you are saying is right...

If you choose to reply feel free as for me I am done here

No you're poor at research not because of your sources but your ability to read them. You are arguing Jan Vertonghen is a left back. You are wrong. You really should be done replying as you are making yourself look like an ass by, surprise surprise; not reading my comment carefully enough and thinking I had issue with your research method. I don't care where you get information from, just don't use it incorrectly.

I shall never assume someone is as knowledge as me until they show me they are and quite frankly you've not come close.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #748: May 04, 2016 06:25:16 pm
      No you're poor at research not because of your sources but your ability to read them. You are arguing Jan Vertonghen is a left back. You are wrong. You really should be done replying as you are making yourself look like an ass by, surprise surprise; not reading my comment carefully enough and thinking I had issue with your research method. I don't care where you get information from, just don't use it incorrectly.

I shall never assume someone is as knowledge as me until they show me they are and quite frankly you've not come close.

Knowledgeable ;)

I'm more worried about the mis-spelling of Reid quite honestly.  :laugh:
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #749: May 04, 2016 06:36:12 pm
      Knowledgeable ;)

I'm more worried about the mis-spelling of Reid quite honestly.  :laugh:

Hahaha it was auto-correct I swear  :f_doh:

Quick Reply