Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC compensation for Danny Ings announced - £8M!

Read 3022 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      LFC compensation for Danny Ings announced - £8M!
      Apr 28, 2016 05:31:09 pm
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016 09:22:56 pm by JD »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: LFC compensation for Danny Ings announced
      Reply #1: Apr 28, 2016 05:42:06 pm
      That's not too bad. Think the 20% is taking the piss though :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2: Apr 28, 2016 05:59:18 pm
      I think that's about right. Over £10million would have been taking the piss, under £5million wouldn't have been very fair to Burnley.

Ings is still very much a gamble at this level and hopefully will prove we got a great bargain over the next few years.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3: Apr 28, 2016 06:36:10 pm
      Can anyone explain why? Did Chelsea have to pay a dime for Ballack? Arsenal for Campbell? Bayern for Lewandowski? Even us with Milner?

Can't understand why Ings is any different than those deals  ???
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Apr 28, 2016 06:46:41 pm
      Can anyone explain why? Did Chelsea have to pay a dime for Ballack? Arsenal for Campbell? Bayern for Lewandowski? Even us with Milner?

Can't understand why Ings is any different than those deals  ???

It only exists between English clubs and only for players under the age of 24. Chelsea had to pay Man City about 4m for Sturridge, Spurs had to pay comp for John Bostock from Palace.

We'll be owed compensation when Sinclair moves at the end of the season. It's common practice, been around for years but we don't hear about it a lot because of the low profile of players that are normally involved.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: LFC compensation for Danny Ings announced - £8M!
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2016 04:47:02 pm
      Good.

If he gets 20 goals a season  for us ... that will be cheap.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6: Apr 29, 2016 05:10:47 pm
      I agree with S@int here (and in most other places to tell the truth), 8 million quid is about right. Burnley probably think it's a bit cheap in truth, and probably the fact he's been injured all season helped us out a bit. If he'd had an Origi type season we'd have had to pay half as much again IMHO. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Apr 29, 2016 05:59:38 pm
      Considering we paid double that for Balotelli, can't complain.
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #8: Apr 29, 2016 06:34:52 pm
      Thing is though, would we have paid 8m and a 20% sell on fee before signing him? I think not........
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #9: Apr 29, 2016 06:37:02 pm
      Fair enough if you ask me. I reckon Danny will flourish under Klopp.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Apr 29, 2016 06:41:29 pm
      Thing is though, would we have paid 8m and a 20% sell on fee before signing him? I think not........

Hmm not sure what market you think we were shopping in but £8m for a lad scoring at 1 in 3 for a team like Burnley at 22 years old was an absolute steal.

The 20% sell on clause is undoubtedly the point we may have had a sticking point but to remove that would have probably cost us a few million more. Put in perspective you've got players like Jonjo Shelvey moving hands for £12m and it should highlight just how much of a bargain we've got.

Strikers are premium.
      English in this league is premium.
      Youth is premium.
      Proven goal record (1 in 2 in the Championship at age (20) and then 1 in 3 in the prem).

We've got an absolute bargain I've no doubt about it. I honestly believe he'd have made an enormous difference to our season if he didn't pick up that injury. Really looking forward to seeing him play again in our colours next year. The work ethic, attitude and of course talent, right up Klopp's street this lad and mine.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #11: Apr 29, 2016 07:03:05 pm

We got him really cheap didn't we? He looked to be very useful before he got injured. I do think from time to time that I'd love for him to to be ready to play again, haven't forgot he's our player.
      He's young too and already confident. They deserve their money.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: May 01, 2016 10:04:50 am
      Hmm not sure what market you think we were shopping in but £8m for a lad scoring at 1 in 3 for a team like Burnley at 22 years old was an absolute steal.

The 20% sell on clause is undoubtedly the point we may have had a sticking point but to remove that would have probably cost us a few million more. Put in perspective you've got players like Jonjo Shelvey moving hands for £12m and it should highlight just how much of a bargain we've got.

Strikers are premium.
      Youth is premium.
      Proven goal record (1 in 2 in the Championship at age (20) and then 1 in 3 in the prem).

We've got an absolute bargain I've no doubt about it. I honestly believe he'd have made an enormous difference to our season if he didn't pick up that injury. Really looking forward to seeing him play again in our colours next year. The work ethic, attitude and of course talent, right up Klopp's street this lad and mine.

Luke is right. 

Tell you who we did miss out on.

18 goals for a team relegated from the Premier League.

English striker.

Charlie Austin   £4m.  QPR - Saints. January.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #13: May 01, 2016 10:31:00 am

Strikers are premium.
      Youth is premium.

Totally agree with you mate ,think we got him at a steal,taking into account all the points you have made.
      Can't help but think what a difference he may have made to our season if he hadn't have suffered that injury.
      Agree with lfcexiled also when he mentioned that he has a good
      Feeling about the lad as I do myself,think he's going to be great for us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: May 01, 2016 11:27:10 am
      I think Jürgen will love this lad as he is first and foremost a team player who scores goals and for Jürgen its all about the team. Cant wait to see him again next season
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #15: May 01, 2016 04:26:26 pm
      I'd start him on Thursday... ;-)
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #16: May 01, 2016 07:03:07 pm
      8m was F**k all for him, an absolute steal for us . The club knew that there would be a compensation package due to Burnley . We hardly thought he would be free  . This man can score all types of goals , outside the box , headers, from tight spaces and he's pacey and not lazy either .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: May 01, 2016 09:35:22 pm
      Doesn't seem over the top. Hopefully he comes back from injury in good shape and form, and can be in Klopps plans. If not, would think we can get more than that for him.
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: May 01, 2016 10:59:38 pm

My point isn't what he's worth or if he's classed as a bargain, my point is knowing what we would have paid, would we have used the funds somewhere else?
      I personally think he won't do anything special and we will get back what we invested in the lad! Looks to have a great desire to do well so wish him luck
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: May 01, 2016 11:54:49 pm
      I agree with S@int here (and in most other places to tell the truth), 8 million quid is about right. Burnley probably think it's a bit cheap in truth, and probably the fact he's been injured all season helped us out a bit. If he'd had an Origi type season we'd have had to pay half as much again IMHO. 

From what I understand the fee is only related to how much it has cost Burnley to train the player and give him the facilities to develop his talent to his level at the end of the contract. I don't think his injury came into it mate because he wasn't injured when we signed him.

He could have scored 20+ goals and I still don't think we would have paid more than we will do. The fee in theory should have been agreed before the start of the season which means it'd be unfair to include any success or failure he has when playing for us. You could also argue that if he did score a fair few goals for us then that would be a result of our training and not Burnley's (comparing his goal tally from his Prem season with Burnley). Burnley were supposedly asking for about 12m from what I read last on the situation but that was edging towards silly. That's around where his market value is and I don't think the compensation fee should match market value IMO.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: May 02, 2016 01:45:40 am
      From what I understand the fee is only related to how much it has cost Burnley to train the player and give him the facilities to develop his talent to his level at the end of the contract. I don't think his injury came into it mate because he wasn't injured when we signed him.

100% correct.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #21: May 02, 2016 04:10:23 pm
      Luke is right. 

Tell you who we did miss out on.

18 goals for a team relegated from the Premier League.

English striker.

Charlie Austin   £4m.  QPR - Saints. January.

Austin is no where near good enough to be a Liverpool player. He's on massive wages and he's done nothing for Southampton other than score against United.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #22: May 02, 2016 08:36:37 pm
      I personally think Ings will do well for us. Two seasons down the road, I think we'll have a £30 mill striker.

Quick Reply