Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Swansea 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 28208 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Swansea V Liverpool
      Reply #506: May 01, 2016 08:12:16 pm
      Stewart looks a good championship player on his best day. He is in no way a youth player anymore. At nearly 23 he should be looking like a premier league player, he never has and never will. I think we should cut our losses with him and start playing young Brannagan in that position instead.
      Yes I can see your point, But how many time has he been given the chance in the first team?... There is a big difference between looking the part in training and performance in the first team... It takes time to adjust....  have seen him play one bad game, and i won't write him off just yet based on one game
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Swansea 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #507: May 01, 2016 08:17:42 pm
      Piss poor.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #508: May 01, 2016 10:16:51 pm
      Only saw the first half because I had a christening to attend.

That seems to be going around ;D

The Redmen TV @TheRedmenTV No post match content today as it's my kids Christening. If you're missing it, just imagine me doing a big sigh on camera. Paul #LFC

If the second half was anything like the first I won't be bothering.

Nice of us to give Swansea their first 3 goal scoreline of the season.

The 'league campaign' lets face it ended a long time ago for us so I hope we are a different proposition Thursday, but lets face it our defending isn't going to improve massively.   Could be a long night.

Don't bother watching the second half, will just frustrate you. Hopefully adding back the senior players will yield better results.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #509: May 01, 2016 10:20:57 pm
      Midfield was nonexistent, Skrtel and Lovren together was a disaster, Smith must have been on the beer before the game! That's it in a nutshell!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #510: May 01, 2016 11:48:39 pm
      In the prediction league I had the 3 goals correct,the sad part was I had us scoring 3 goals.That first half was a complete shambles and I thought the lads would of shown more fight than they did. :f_steam:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #511: May 01, 2016 11:54:10 pm
      Midfield was nonexistent, Skrtel and Lovren together was a disaster, Smith must have been on the beer before the game! That's it in a nutshell!

Just watched the highlights on M.O.T.D. as my stream was piss poor this afternoon. Skrtel was a disgrace today. I rarely have a real go at players but Skrtel deserves it for that performance.

Midfield has been non existent for a lot of games especially since Christmas, even when we have been winning well we haven't controlled the midfield.   
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #512: May 01, 2016 11:57:13 pm
      Just watched the highlights on M.O.T.D. as my stream was piss poor this afternoon. Skrtel was a disgrace today. I rarely have a real go at players but Skrtel deserves it for that performance.

Midfield has been non existent for a lot of games especially since Christmas, even when we have been winning well we haven't controlled the midfield.   

Skrtel's beyond redemption.

Every time he plays, the defence is too deep. Sure enough, we invited all kinds of pressure onto every player.

Utterly F***ing abject player.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #513: May 02, 2016 12:11:29 am
      Ok smith did not have great game but l keep him think he good young player and ojo going be a greatplayer for us in long-term, young players had one bad game people what get rid of them all what about senior players that be sh*t for years and somethem still here like Lucas and Henderson of these world
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #514: May 02, 2016 01:52:43 am
      So sh*t was yesterday's game that it didn't even merit a MOTM vote...
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #515: May 02, 2016 07:17:28 am
      A few players today showed quite clearly they aren't cut out to play at the top level.

If we're ever going to get back to the top of English football we can't pretend guys like Smith, Stewart and Ibe are what we need to progress and be able to win games when injuries/suspensions hit.

Danny Ward should be our no.1 on a more positive note.
      That was the first poor game i have seen Smith have in the first team , so a bit harsh i think . And he certainly wasn't alone , with more experienced players showing no leadership, composure or intelligence on the pitch.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #516: May 02, 2016 09:09:49 am
      That was the first poor game i have seen Smith have in the first team , so a bit harsh i think . And he certainly wasn't alone , with more experienced players showing no leadership, composure or intelligence on the pitch.

I certainly wouldn't single out Smith either, at least he showed he was willing to give his all, even if he was a little overzealous. None of the young guys did themselves proud, but then again no one else did.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #517: May 02, 2016 09:15:24 am
      We lost at Swansea and that has put a damper on the season,we cannot change the result but we can regroup and get behind Jürgen and our REDS for a very important match against Villarreal.Onwards and upwards  for the mighty reds. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Jimsouse67

• 9,374 posts | 1454 
      Reply #518: May 02, 2016 10:33:50 am
      We lost at Swansea and that has put a damper on the season,we cannot change the result but we can regroup and get behind Jürgen and our REDS for a very important match against Villarreal.Onwards and upwards  for the mighty reds. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Totally agree mate,awful performance matched by an equally poor result.
      As you say the game & result has been and gone & it's vital we  pick ourselves up and get it out of our system by Thursday & I'm sure we will do just that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #519: May 02, 2016 11:16:54 am
      A really really poor performance but with the exception of Skrtel there is no need to throw any of the players under the bus, I have seen enough from the youngsters to suggest they are capable of much much more than they showed yesterday, especially Smith, Stewart and Ojo. I also thought that Ward looked good but I'd probably stick with Migs for the game on Thursday.
      Mattie 84
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #520: May 02, 2016 11:28:27 am
      A really really poor performance but with the exception of Skrtel there is no need to throw any of the players under the bus, I have seen enough from the youngsters to suggest they are capable of much much more than they showed yesterday, especially Smith, Stewart and Ojo. I also thought that Ward looked good but I'd probably stick with Migs for the game on Thursday.
      stewarts hardly a youngster he's older than Emre can, the difference is clear to see
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #521: May 02, 2016 11:32:27 am
      That f**kin mongs tackle on Origi in the derby finished our league campaign off as far as i'm concerned.

F**k it! Throw everything at Villarreal on Thursday!! we have no choice!
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #522: May 02, 2016 12:40:31 pm
      have to slightly disagree on defending won't improve massively. Skrtel won't play on Thursday. Any other defender is better I think. I'd rather have 10 men than 11 men including Skrtel.

Martin has been a soldier  for all the managers he's  worked under. We all have bad day's  some more than other's  but I'd  have him all day. As for the game all eye's  where on  Thursday.  League  over, 2nd leg European  semi in the pipeline  let's  get  pumped for that.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #523: May 04, 2016 08:55:44 am
      Having watched the goals, not for the first time I'm left wondering if some of the more vocal people on here have ever played the game before. Either they haven't, or they allow pre ordained agendas to completely cloud their judgement as to what they're watching.

First goal: Yes you'd like Sturridge to be better at holding off Ayew, and yes you'd like Lovren to get there a tenth of a second earlier so he heads the ball rather than Ayews head. The problem though when you defend zonally is people will ALWAYS get a run on you and get there first. The way you alleviate that (and I personally am an advocate of zonal systems) is that your goalkeeper clears anything out close to goal. Ward simply MUST come and punch a cross which ends up on the edge of the six yard box in the centre of the goal, it is an absolute no brain error from the youngster. Under these circumstances you don't blame the fella who conceded the corner, or the fella who gave possession away so they could get the corner, you blame the fella who cost you the goal. It's yet another goalkeeping error I'm afraid, and had it been Mignolet in there people would have been all over it.

2nd goal: We get completely overpowered in midfield to firstly lose possession and then not get back and snap at Cork. You'd like Skrtel to get closer to make the shot more difficult and you'd like Lovren to succeed in his efforts to head it (those who said he "ducked under it"  :lmao:). Keeper could do nothing. Nobodies fault as such, things could have been done better but ultimately a good goal.

3rd goal: Lucas on the edge of his own box dillies and dallies then gets robbed by a fella who was initially five yards away. Awful play from him, and from there we don't IMHO scramble hard enough. I think the cross could have been prevented coming in, Skrtel actually flicks it over Lovrens head, then I think both centre halves could close down with more gusto before it goes in. Keeper has no chance, but ultimately it's the poor play from Lucas which dropped us in it.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #524: May 04, 2016 10:57:17 am
      Ward simply MUST come and punch a cross which ends up on the edge of the six yard box in the centre of the goal, it is an absolute no brain error from the youngster. Under these circumstances you don't blame the fella who conceded the corner, or the fella who gave possession away so they could get the corner, you blame the fella who cost you the goal. It's yet another goalkeeping error I'm afraid, and had it been Mignolet in there people would have been all over it.

Spot on.

Quick Reply