Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

English Premier League Winners

Read 7491 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 2,004 posts | 224 
      Re: English Premier League Winners
      Reply #23: May 02, 2016 10:44:18 pm
      Then what the f**k you moaning about?

Be f**king grateful, think of the younger generation that have still yet to see us do even that!

coz its been 27 years now
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,618 posts | 2159 
      Reply #24: May 02, 2016 10:44:19 pm
      Yeah but you do realise all this whinging makes you sound like what the mancs were like in the 80s

Oh come on dude The amount of whinging that goes on in this place! It's in every bloody thread!

The only consolation is that the mancs have come full circle and are whinging even more than us now
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #25: May 02, 2016 10:45:40 pm
      Manchester United – 13 Titles
      Chelsea – 4 titles
      Arsenal – 3 titles
      Manchester City – 2 titles
      Blackburn Rovers – 1 title
      Leicester City F.C. – 1 title
      Liverpool F.C. – 0 title  :mad:

This might be hard for some people to take, coz it's killing me just don't know if i will ever see them lift it in my life time  :f_wah: watching since the late 70s watched the good times but man its 27 fvking years now  :mad:

If you been watching from the late 70s how have you not seen it in your life time?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 2,004 posts | 224 
      Reply #26: May 02, 2016 10:48:22 pm
      If you been watching from the late 70s how have you not seen it in your life time?

missed out the word --- again
      don't know if i will ever see them lift it in my life time again
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #27: May 02, 2016 10:48:31 pm
      For those crying their little hearts out, think of this, it took us 21 years to win the European Cup again.

Just have a bit of F***ing faith, we'll win that league!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28: May 02, 2016 10:48:45 pm
      If you want to point out how long it's been since we've won it, and the unlikely teams that won it since we have, then that's fine, but I don't get why you're highlighting the premier league years! That's all I here from the Scum fans.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #29: May 02, 2016 10:52:09 pm
      Congratulations Leicester!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: May 02, 2016 10:55:36 pm
      Ms Gerrard and myself both got season tickets, try again divvy!!

And we've seen Liverpool win the league ;)

Careful mate, MsG may not want people to know she is that old  :)   
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: May 02, 2016 11:03:35 pm
      And we've seen Liverpool win the league ;)

I haven't :(
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #32: May 02, 2016 11:27:51 pm
      Chelsea – 4 titles
      Arsenal – 3 titles

This might be hard for some people to take, coz it's killing me just don't know if i will ever see them lift it in my life time  :f_wah: watching since the late 70s watched the good times but man its 27 fvking years now  :mad:

Ha ha haaaa.

Football didn't start when Sky Sports did and the top English league got a nice new name and sponsor you complete and utter twerp.

Christ.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #33: May 02, 2016 11:37:00 pm
      Tell me another trophy we haven't won since 92 and include the European competitions in that.

Levels.

Manc behaviour that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: May 02, 2016 11:38:09 pm
      sky generation yer right

try reading my post again, you guys probably never been to a Liverpool match

What a n*b :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #35: May 02, 2016 11:39:38 pm

You seen it? Flops the whole 9 inches from his forehead to his chin.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: May 02, 2016 11:50:10 pm
      Chelsea – 4 titles
      Arsenal – 3 titles

I can't be doing with this. This is not ideal support. Heck - that isn't even support. First of all - stand up and f**king applaud Leicester City for this incredible, mind blowing achievement.

Secondly, stop the head banging self pity and get on board with trying to help us get to where Leicester are tonight as opposed to sitting by the sidelines and crying like a petulant little sh*t demanding 'WHY DO I NOT HAVE THAT!!!'. That's the worst kind of support and as I've said it's not support. This forum has got a few but I won't mention names.

I look at Leicester tonight and the yearning has never been stronger. USE THEM as inspiration of what we can do if we all pull together in one direction. We f**king did it a couple of weeks ago against Dortmund when EVERYONE - players, staff, supporters, neutrals even, were willing us on. If we could cultivate that evening, that moment, that solidarity and transpose it onto a whole season, then we will do something just like Leicester have done. They've had to dig into unbelievable reserves of belief that I'm sure they didn't know they even had and they found it and ran on it for a whole season.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #37: May 03, 2016 12:16:40 am
      I'm happy for Leicester City. If anything, them winning the title suggests that you don't need tons of money to win the Premier League. I remember how that rhetoric had been repeated time and time again on the media or even in this forum, that only mega-rich clubs like Chelsea and ManC could win it. Sure it's one hell of a crazy season too. But we came so close to winning it a few times in recent history, and I believe we will eventually get it. And once we do, the floodgate will open for a lot more to come  ;D
      This is coming from a twenty-seven-year-old who has never seen us lift the EPL title throughout my 18 years supporting the club. But I have faith  :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #38: May 03, 2016 12:18:14 am
      What a weird thread.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #39: May 03, 2016 12:25:21 am

Lots of those them the past couple of years.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #40: May 03, 2016 08:07:39 am
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      I can't be doing with this. First of all - stand up and f**king applaud Leicester City for this incredible, mind blowing achievement.

And I can't be doing with that. I think this club should be taking a good look at itself, in light of what has happened. Along with the other big clubs and megabuck spenders. There we are, told for 20 years that you can't succeed without spending so much that you risk breaking FFP, then Leicester take the pis out of everyone by doing it on a budget of €50m, with a bunch of journeymen, loanees, and freebies that nobody else wanted. Furthermore, they have done it with a coach in his first season in the job, with someone else's players and even a 4-4-2 formation, and there we are with another league season in tatters, struggling to keep up with the West Hams and Southamptons. If that's not embarrassing, what is?

I look at Leicester tonight and the yearning has never been stronger. USE THEM as inspiration of what we can do if we all pull together in one direction. We f**king did it a couple of weeks ago against Dortmund when EVERYONE - players, staff, supporters, neutrals even, were willing us on. If we could cultivate that evening, that moment, that solidarity and transpose it onto a whole season, then we will do something just like Leicester have done. They've had to dig into unbelievable reserves of belief that I'm sure they didn't know they even had and they found it and ran on it for a whole season.

Reserves? They've been 3-5-7, at times 8 points clear this year. They've got over the line 2 games early. What reserves did they need? It's not like they were going into the last two games trying to play catch up on goal difference. Nobody else in the run in put them under serious pressure, so they could afford a stumble or two and still comfortably get over the line.

Their achievement is also a kick in the teeth to certain coaches who value transfer figures over team spirit. And it's a victory for a combination of good team spirit, solid leadership, and man-management of squad personnel that every team needs, regardless how big they are or how much they spend, and something not every coach in the league has.

As for us, we don't have to aspire to be Leicester, we just need to do our jobs properly, coaches, players, board and backroom staff. When that is done, we'll be ready to challenge for the big prizes more consistently once again.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #41: May 03, 2016 09:15:35 am
      Well done Leicester

It's interesting to note they have only played 5 cup games, I thing we have played 23.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: May 03, 2016 09:45:25 am
      Although you'll have the odd fan heralding their 'winning on a shoestring' as the way forward [totally disregarding all previous winners, as they do]: It'll be interesting to see how Leicester approach the defence of the crown. Will they spend or will they still maintain the 'shoestring approach'? Silly question really - of course they'll spend.

Leicester had the perfect storm; an experienced manager, motivated and talented players, in a small squad, with no distractions and few injuries - they stole a march by catching teams out with their excellent counter-attacking style. Where teams invariably sit deep against us (for example) they didn't with Leicester. I guess they will next season.

Still that said... big respect and congratulations to the Foxes - Although I won't be putting any money on them to retain their title next year.  :-\

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #43: May 03, 2016 09:48:36 am
      I think I understand the OP and it relates to something similar I've just posted in the Leicester City thread.

I'm 28 years old and I've never experienced Liverpool win the league. We have won it during my lifetime but I wasn't old enough to remember it.

It's incredible that Leicester City are champions, a truly remarkable achievement, but I'm scratching my head wondering how on earth I'm watching Wes Morgan lift the bloody thing and I never saw Stevie do it. Very frustrating and to be honest I'm just gutted. 

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: May 03, 2016 10:05:51 am
      Bravo Leicester

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Incredible team work.

we are coming for you next season, enjoy while you can

YNWA

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #45: May 03, 2016 10:27:38 am
      Then what the F**k you moaning about?

Be F***ing grateful, think of the younger generation that have still yet to see us do even that!

Yeah think of us, we're not even young any more haha!

Quick Reply