Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who's going to the final?

Villarreal
      10 (11.6%)
      Liverpool
      76 (88.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: May 05, 2016 01:52:18 pm

Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg

Read 19164 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg
      Reply #161: May 05, 2016 03:06:38 pm
      Couldn't stand that n*b on the sidelines last week. Typical Spanish demeanor of shouting in the 4th official's/referee's face after every decision regardless of whether it's right or wrong and going ape-sh*t running up and down the line. I'd love Klopp to knock him out (in more ways than one).

Little F***ing turd.

Now saying we spent more on Benteke than their whole squad cost. F**k off.

God I hate these clubs. The drop in class from Dortmund and Tuchel to this Marcelino fella.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #162: May 05, 2016 03:08:03 pm
      The submarine needs to F***ing sink tonight !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #163: May 05, 2016 03:13:13 pm
      Rumour is that Sturridge will start.

He must start.

And Can will be a 2nd half sub.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #164: May 05, 2016 03:14:06 pm
      Seems that ALLEN has some sort of problem so CAN starts in his place.

ah ffs. after what I just said above as well. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #165: May 05, 2016 03:15:13 pm
      I'm off to Anfield....oh god the butterflies have started  :D

I just want to win...that's all  :laugh:

Have a great night everyone and let's hope we're all celebrating going to yet another European Final.

YNWA

Hope the game goes well for us all.

I will be in a Glasgow bar watching, ditched my daughters fitbaw training for this one. ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #166: May 05, 2016 03:15:44 pm
      He must start.

And Can will be a 2nd half sub.

Rumour that Allen has picked up a injury so Can starts!

Edit: looks like others read the same rumour mongers as myself!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #167: May 05, 2016 03:19:10 pm
      Rumour that Allen has picked up a injury so Can starts!

Edit: looks like others read the same rumour mongers as myself!

Yip I seen that after I said he would be sub. ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #168: May 05, 2016 03:25:17 pm

Nothing against Can starting as a considered gamble but if we're being forced to through yet another injury that's cruel luck. Jürgen's mentioned Pirlo's propensity for picking up the odd niggle here and there and that might well have a big influence on Jürgen's thinking if Joe can indeed hold a long term squad space.

Hopefully the rumours are wrong though because starting a less than match fit Can and Lucas as our midfield would be nobody's idea of the perfect centre for a game of this magnitude. Milner in the centre and leaving Emre exposed doesn't fill me with any kind of confidence either, considering they will set up for the full on counter we can't afford to go wandering, positional discipline will be crucial.

At this point the only decision Jürgen will really have to make is if Sturridge starts and of course it's a big decision but at home I think it's much easier to let him off the leash. What we do need is a much better performance from Sturridge than we got at Swansea, we need him firing on all cylinders and making himself and others available with plenty of movement up top. If they sit, as we suspect, then just dropping into midfield occasionally probably wont cut it, we need to pull their defenders out of position. So if he does  get the nod I want to see him really put maximum effort. Anyone watching Real v City last night when Ronaldo got switched to CF will have seen him sprinting after defenders, closing down and forcing errors, if it's good for someone as self obsessed as that then Danny should realise it's the least we can expect from him.

Obviously it's not just Studge's responsibility, everyone needs to realise if we're having to throw Emre into the mix that they need to up their workload, take on the responsibility and produce "a game to tell their grandchildren about". Let's get through to the final and listen to Anfield roar, the ingredients are all there for a special occasion, a special night and Anfield has delivered so many in the past here's hoping she serves up another treat.

Come on Redmen!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #169: May 05, 2016 03:35:44 pm
      whoever starts lets hope ......no I know we will have eleven heroes on the pitch tonight. Its a semi final at Anfield we need a goal at some point and a clean sheet but for some reason the opposition never seem to read the script and we have make the magic happen once again.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #170: May 05, 2016 03:43:48 pm
      Nothing against Can starting as a considered gamble but if we're being forced to through yet another injury that's cruel luck. Jürgen's mentioned Pirlo's propensity for picking up the odd niggle here and there and that might well have a big influence on Jürgen's thinking if Joe can indeed hold a long term squad space.

Hopefully the rumours are wrong though because starting a less than match fit Can and Lucas as our midfield would be nobody's idea of the perfect centre for a game of this magnitude. Milner in the centre and leaving Emre exposed doesn't fill me with any kind of confidence either, considering they will set up for the full on counter we can't afford to go wandering, positional discipline will be crucial.

At this point the only decision Jürgen will really have to make is if Sturridge starts and of course it's a big decision but at home I think it's much easier to let him off the leash. What we do need is a much better performance from Sturridge than we got at Swansea, we need him firing on all cylinders and making himself and others available with plenty of movement up top. If they sit, as we suspect, then just dropping into midfield occasionally probably wont cut it, we need to pull their defenders out of position. So if he does  get the nod I want to see him really put maximum effort. Anyone watching Real v City last night when Ronaldo got switched to CF will have seen him sprinting after defenders, closing down and forcing errors, if it's good for someone as self obsessed as that then Danny should realise it's the least we can expect from him.

Obviously it's not just Studge's responsibility, everyone needs to realise if we're having to throw Emre into the mix that they need to up their workload, take on the responsibility and produce "a game to tell their grandchildren about". Let's get through to the final and listen to Anfield roar, the ingredients are all there for a special occasion, a special night and Anfield has delivered so many in the past here's hoping she serves up another treat.

Come on Redmen!!
      Confirmed Allen is out
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Toure
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Milner
      Can
      Lallana
      Firmino
      Coutinho
      Sturridge
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2799 
      Reply #171: May 05, 2016 03:51:07 pm
      Absolutely crucial that we don't concede early like the Dortmund game. 3 goal comebacks don't happen every week. If we score first I think we'll find a way to get through - it'll be tense as F**k I'm sure as no away goal means we've got to go 3/4 up for it to get comfortable!

Confirmed Allen is out
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Toure
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Milner
      Can
      Lallana
      Firmino
      Coutinho
      Sturridge

Bold move to put Can in there from the start if that's true!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #172: May 05, 2016 03:52:50 pm
      Feel sorry for lucas tbh. if Can starting
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #173: May 05, 2016 03:56:39 pm
      Might be a little harder for the fans to really ramp up the atmos' given it'll be still daylight when we kick off.

Didn't bother us 11 years ago in 2005 or 2007, it shouldn't tonight either.

Everyone going tonight just get behind them, make sure you leave the ground with no voice.

Let's intimidate these cu*ts before the game has even kicked off and then batter them out of F***ing sight.

C'mon Redmen let's get em'

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #174: May 05, 2016 04:18:52 pm
      I think tonight we just have to BELIEVE and we will go through. No doubts, no if's or maybe's, no matter what's thrown at us, if we and the players believe we will go through ...we will.

Jürgen's the man with the plan and we will win.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #175: May 05, 2016 04:37:21 pm
      where are people seeing Allen is injured? I can't find that.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #176: May 05, 2016 04:38:58 pm
      Why is the time moving so slow ! Lets F***ing start already !
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #177: May 05, 2016 04:39:31 pm
      Where are you getting the info? I don't doubt it since you predicated the line up in the last leg perfect, but it is strange how you know this and there has been nothing released.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #178: May 05, 2016 04:41:58 pm
      Where are you getting the info? I don't doubt it since you predicated the line up in the last leg perfect, but it is strange how you know this and there has been nothing released.

Not any stranger than you knowing Origi's injury timeline 30 minutes after that c**t stomped on him.  :P, just kidding mate.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #179: May 05, 2016 04:48:30 pm
      Didn't bother us 11 years ago in 2005 or 2007, it shouldn't tonight either.

Everyone going tonight just get behind them, make sure you leave the ground with no voice.

Let's intimidate these cu*ts before the game has even kicked off and then batter them out of F***ing sight.

C'mon Redmen let's get em'

This is spot on. I have never seen a European match at home, especially in the latter stages of the competition, where I thought the supporters could have done more to improve the atmosphere and make it more intimidating.

Anfield will be roaring tonight, of that I have no doubt. We are just two games away from another European trophy and a place in next season's CL.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #180: May 05, 2016 04:49:01 pm
      So 10 going for Villa real wow.
      Will not be long now before  Villa Real have to run the gauntlet of our fans flags and smoke bombs just to get into Anfield. The atmosphere will be crucial tonight.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #181: May 05, 2016 04:55:57 pm
      I think the nerves will get to Villareal & panic in their play...

I fancy Danny & Benteke to start with Klopp sending out the troops to go for the throat..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #182: May 05, 2016 05:11:18 pm
      I think the nerves will get to Villareal & panic in their play...

I fancy Danny & Benteke to start with Klopp sending out the troops to go for the throat..

hope you're right but can't see Klopp playing Two stikers just hope he plays Danny

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #183: May 05, 2016 05:12:01 pm
      I am absolutely nervous wreak and that is 3 hours before the game. :(  I wonder what's is going to be like during the game.

Not sure on this one at all - I was far more confident for the Dortmund game.  :-\  :f_sorry:

Quick Reply