Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      5 (5.7%)
      Flanagan
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.3%)
      Lucas
      4 (4.5%)
      Moreno
      3 (3.4%)
      Allen
      58 (65.9%)
      Stewart
      1 (1.1%)
      Ojo
      4 (4.5%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.1%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.1%)
      Benteke
      2 (2.3%)
      Firmino
      7 (8%)
      Brannagan
      0 (0%)
      Randall
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: May 11, 2016 05:59:20 pm

Liverpool 2:0 Watford: In game & post match debate.

Read 23601 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,676 posts | 6688 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 2:0 Watford: In game & post match debate.
      Reply #299: May 09, 2016 05:14:32 am
      Set the alarm for 12.45AM KO as had a heavy day being Mothers Day, for a 1am KO.   

Went to bed at 9.30pm, as I was toast and then woke up at 2.53am to see Alarm going off but no sound out of it as I had accidently muted it.

Saw that we were winning 2-0 so watched the last 5 minutes then went back to bed.

Get the F**k in!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #300: May 09, 2016 08:11:09 am
      I did not see the match but the result did not surprise me as that is what I forcast in the prediction league.Well done to our young lads for helping us to another 3 points. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #301: May 09, 2016 08:48:25 am
      I'm a bit worried about the Chelsea game on Wednesday. I can see it now that gobs***e Costa out to purposely injure somebody.

I hate Chelsea more than anybody, possibly even more than United and Everton combined, so I hope it's a strong 11 and we F***ing tw*t them.

But I won't mind if Jürgen plays 11 kids either.

Horrible dirty cheating c**t of a team them.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #302: May 09, 2016 09:16:58 am
      Waited up to watch the game at midnight on LFC tv.Really encouraging that with a "B" team we can beat a/ another prem team.Pirlo Joe was outstanding yet again.Also with just a 10 min "cameo" I thought Cameron Brannigan showed some lovely skills and a sort of maturity/calmness that tells me he has defo got a big future ahead of him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #303: May 09, 2016 11:28:34 am
      I'm a bit worried about the Chelsea game on Wednesday. I can see it now that gobs***e Costa out to purposely injure somebody.

I hate Chelsea more than anybody, possibly even more than United and Everton combined, so I hope it's a strong 11 and we f**king tw*t them.

I don't see Chelsea or Liverpool playing with high intenisty. Nothing to play for in the game and nobody wants to risk injury before Euro. Any serious foul play red cards means the suspention carries over till next season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #304: May 09, 2016 11:34:30 am

We have plenty to play for!

Win our last 2 league games, with favourable results for West Ham and Saints and we could finish 6th with a guarantee of European footy again next season.

I really don't want there to be any undue pressure on the lads going into the Europa League final, which they will have if we've failed to get that 6th place.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #305: May 09, 2016 11:48:54 am

I hate Chelsea more than anybody, possibly even more than United and Everton combined, so I hope it's a strong 11 and we F***ing tw*t them.

Isn't Costa injured, sure he picked up an injury during the Sunderland game on Saturday.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #306: May 09, 2016 11:57:28 am
      Isn't Costa injured, sure he picked up an injury during the Sunderland game on Saturday.

He finished the game, so he looks to be fine. :-/
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #307: May 09, 2016 12:05:43 pm
      In fact, looking at it now, it's farcical that a European final is so close to the end of a domestic season.

Won the league on May 14th

Lost to the Scum in the FA Cup  on the 21st  ( Case scored a cracker)

Four days later ...

Won the European Cup on May 25th in Rome .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #308: May 09, 2016 03:02:07 pm
      Quote from RedPuppy
      Nice slow win, no injuries, clean sheet.... nothing really to argue about really, is there?

Quote from HamannsTheMan
      the game itself was super sh*t, I was bored out of my mind. Very slow boring game. I can't ever remember us winning a league game yet being desperate for it finish so I could go home and watch paint dry.

Mission Accomplished.

No classic admittedly, but an essential 3 points in the race to guarantee automatic European qualification, should Basle not work out.

It's also funny to see people complaining about the quality, when they would normally be complaining that a) we never do things the easy way, and/or b) we can't shut up shop and see a game out. Well here was both. Still not happy though.

On the game itself, Skrtel made two goal saving clearances in a minute at 0-0, which would have made the day much more difficult. Despite setting up the opener, Benteke was his usual standard, his miss in injury time was the miss of the season, even topping his miss against Leicester. However, I thought we finished the game strongly and should have scored a couple more.

Onto the last week, and if we win on Wednesday, and West Ham do their job in midweek also, there will be 4 sides separated by 4 points for two European spots going into the last day. But it will receive no attention or live tv coverage either. Despite how well we've done in Europe, the UEFA Cup just can't shake off it's image issue in England.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #309: May 09, 2016 09:22:27 pm
      I was in the upper cenny mate at the kop end. It was dead by me.

Noticed that for league games before, I sit in block 7, mostly for cup games. Very few of the fans, at the few league games I got to, were at the cup games.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #310: May 10, 2016 10:21:30 am

Mission Accomplished.

No classic admittedly, but an essential 3 points in the race to guarantee automatic European qualification, should Basle not work out.

It's also funny to see people complaining about the quality, when they would normally be complaining that a) we never do things the easy way, and/or b) we can't shut up shop and see a game out. Well here was both. Still not happy though.

On the game itself, Skrtel made two goal saving clearances in a minute at 0-0, which would have made the day much more difficult. Despite setting up the opener, Benteke was his usual standard, his miss in injury time was the miss of the season, even topping his miss against Leicester. However, I thought we finished the game strongly and should have scored a couple more.

Onto the last week, and if we win on Wednesday, and West Ham do their job in midweek also, there will be 4 sides separated by 4 points for two European spots going into the last day. But it will receive no attention or live tv coverage either. Despite how well we've done in Europe, the UEFA Cup just can't shake off it's image issue in England.

Probably didn't bother you as much because you were sat in your armchair watching your laptop. 

Me on the other hand paid a fortune to go on Sunday as I took my girlfriend and paid for her ticket as well as my own. The game was sh*te, we were sh*te, Watford were sh*te, everything about it was sh*te. It was slow and boring from start to finish. I didn't enjoy this particular game and I'm entitled to an opinion. Just because we won shall I come on here and lie and say how great we were and how fantastic the match was?

I wasn't expecting an explosive end to end match 3 days after a semi final, with a reserve team out, in the blazing heat by the way. But the game was still incredibly sh*te.

Before you knock my support though and claim that I'm 'still not happy', I'll be going tomorrow and I'll be going to Basel too. On Friday I'll be buying my season ticket for next year.

So cheers xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #311: May 10, 2016 10:34:48 am
      Probably didn't bother you as much because you were sat in your armchair watching your laptop. 

Me on the other hand paid a fortune to go on Sunday as I took my girlfriend and paid for her ticket as well as my own. The game was sh*te, we were sh*te, Watford were sh*te, everything about it was sh*te. It was slow and boring from start to finish. I didn't enjoy this particular game and I'm entitled to an opinion. Just because we won shall I come on here and lie and say how great we were and how fantastic the match was?

I wasn't expecting an explosive end to end match 3 days after a semi final, with a reserve team out, in the blazing heat by the way. But the game was still incredibly sh*te.

Before you knock my support though and claim that I'm 'still not happy', I'll be going tomorrow and I'll be going to Basel too. On Friday I'll be buying my season ticket for next year.

So cheers xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Your support can't be knocked obviously but you can't expect exciting football at every game when we've had games every 3 or 4 days for over a month. There's going to be times when a game is slow and boring so I'm not sure how you didn't expect that. If we can win a game by a comfortable margin without expending too much energy then why is that not a good thing with the fixtures we have coming up? I'd rather that then bust a gut, get injured and be without somebody for the final.

Sounds like you're basing your opinion on how many tickets you bought and not the situation that the team finds itself in. Chill out man, we got the points.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #312: May 10, 2016 11:03:11 am
      If we can win a game by a comfortable margin without expending too much energy

That scenario used to be one of our trademarks back in the 70s and 80s mate. 

Didn't the FA change the back pass rule to try and stop us winning everything  ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #313: May 10, 2016 11:06:32 am
      great win again using the squad.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #314: May 10, 2016 11:43:37 am
      Your support can't be knocked obviously but you can't expect exciting football at every game when we've had games every 3 or 4 days for over a month. There's going to be times when a game is slow and boring so I'm not sure how you didn't expect that. If we can win a game by a comfortable margin without expending too much energy then why is that not a good thing with the fixtures we have coming up? I'd rather that then bust a gut, get injured and be without somebody for the final.

Sounds like you're basing your opinion on how many tickets you bought and not the situation that the team finds itself in. Chill out man, we got the points.

You've quoted me saying I didn't expect an explosive game just three days after a semi final, with a reserve team and in the hot weather and then go on to say I don't know how you didn't expect that. The beauty of this forum.

I am chilled, just thought Sunday was a boring game of football. So maybe you need to chill. I'm not criticising anybody or anything I'm just saying it was a boring 90 minutes of football. One of the most boring games of football I've ever watched actually.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #315: May 11, 2016 07:17:33 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan

Me on the other hand paid a fortune to go on Sunday as I took my girlfriend and paid for her ticket as well as my own. The game was sh*te, we were sh*te, Watford were sh*te, everything about it was sh*te. It was slow and boring from start to finish.

You don't know how or where I watched the game tbh.

When posters queue up here to tell us when the fixture list is released, that it doesn't matter when we play teams, I tell them otherwise. This game was a fine example of why the list matters. A home game in the run in against a side with nothing to play for, and can't be bothered. A nice handy three points thank you very much.

I admitted the game was no classic, it didn't have to be, the result is what counts. We needed three points and we got them. Win the game first, ask questions later.

Quick Reply