Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: West Brom v Liverpool Sun 15th May 15:00ko

Read 9396 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre-Match: West Brom v Liverpool Sun 15th May 15:00ko
      Reply #23: May 13, 2016 06:56:17 pm
      Wonder will Danny Ings be on the bench Sunday?

I've not heard anything about his recovery unfortunately. I guess he could be with the idea of giving him a short run out at the end just so that he doesn't end the season having not played in all this time.

I'm going to this match, but I'm not expecting too much, still be quite nice to get a win on the last day of the season though, like others have said, expecting the fringe players to play, Klopp won't risk anyone getting an injury only a few days before the final. Hopefully it will be a bit of a party atmosphere as we send the lads off safely to Switzerland.

Come on you mighty redmen, something for a few to prove to Jürgen.

YNWA

Have West Brom been posing a threat to anybody lately? I've not seen the results of many other teams lately with all of our games coming thick and fast. I'm hoping for a positive performance with the hope of picking up the 3 points. It'd be a big boost to some of the young lads after the Swansea result.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: May 13, 2016 07:09:19 pm

Have West Brom been posing a threat to anybody lately? I've not seen the results of many other teams lately with all of our games coming thick and fast. I'm hoping for a positive performance with the hope of picking up the 3 points. It'd be a big boost to some of the young lads after the Swansea result.

I think they've been pretty dire of late, so we should have enough in our tank to get the three points, even with our second team out.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25: May 13, 2016 08:22:20 pm
      the last two games have been a bit of a anti climax for me, this game will be the same... With Wednesday to look forward to I just hope no one gets injured and that everyone are just hitting form... 1-1
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #26: May 13, 2016 08:42:39 pm
      even if our u18s conceded 6 to this west brom side, i'd be ashamed of every single 1 of them.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: May 13, 2016 08:44:47 pm
      I think they've been pretty dire of late, so we should have enough in our tank to get the three points, even with our second team out.

I'm hoping to see Canos and Ojo on the wings. Benteke will benefit from Ojo's crosses like he did in midweek and like Sturridge did against Stoke. Not seen a full game of Canos since last season so will be interesting to see how much he's developed (if he does get some game time).

I think/hope the team might look something like this...

Ward (if fit)

Flanno Skrtel Lucas Smith

Stewart Brannagan

Canos       Ibe       Ojo

Benteke
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: May 13, 2016 08:47:41 pm
      even if our u18s conceded 6 to this west brom side, i'd be ashamed of every single 1 of them.

So if a bunch of 16/17 year olds conceded 6 goals to a team full of season professionals you'd be ashamed? Come on now, don't be a dick!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29: May 13, 2016 08:54:35 pm
      European qualification should be minimum target every season, this fear of the el is hard to understand, if we have to start early with qualities so be it,
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #30: May 13, 2016 11:06:01 pm
      this fear of the el is hard to understand, if we have to start early with qualities so be it,

Can see your argument but disagree this time. Think its different if you've just lost a final 8 weeks before.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #31: May 14, 2016 12:13:15 am
      Dunno if it's been posted but West Brom have put 96 red seats in The Hawthornes with the names of our lost brothers and sisters from Hillsborough. The seats will remain empty all game.

Credit to West Brom, lovely gesture!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: May 14, 2016 01:01:04 am
      Dunno if it's been posted but West Brom have put 96 red seats in The Hawthornes with the names of our lost brothers and sisters from Hillsborough. The seats will remain empty all game.

Fantastic gesture, very well done WBA, hope other clubs follow suit, at the end of the day no matter who you support its about human life, WBA recognise this and have acted appropriately, kudos to whoever came up with this idea.

PEACE & JUSTICE '96'

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33: May 14, 2016 01:02:15 am

Fantastic gesture, very well done WBA, hope other clubs follow suit, at the end of the day no matter who you support its about human life, WBA recognise this and have acted appropriately, kudos to whoever came up with this idea.

PEACE & JUSTICE '96'

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: May 14, 2016 07:05:59 am
      More I've been thinking about this the more I'm thinking 8th looks better than 7th.

Potential play offs for the Europa League with West Ham, potential early start in qualifiers.

If we don't win next week can't see the value in what could be potentially an extra 20 odd Europa League games.

Reckon Southampton may be thinking similar too. Cant see them winning Sunday.

Have to agree.

Klopp mentioned this week that we may have played more games this season than anyone else in Europe.

Would give us a better chance of a run at the top four next season.

Good Plan .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: May 14, 2016 07:08:40 am

Respect .

RIP the 96

YNWA.

Hope that we may have 96 dedicated seats in our new stand.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: May 14, 2016 08:40:42 am
      Respect .

RIP the 96

YNWA.

Hope that we may have 96 dedicated seats in our new stand.

How about giving the 96 seats a name instead of a number   at Anfield.That would be a fitting tribute to the 96.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37: May 14, 2016 09:21:48 am
      I expect us to do well tomorrow as WBA will not be up for facing our second X1and I expect our lads to be up for impressing Jürgen.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: May 14, 2016 09:30:36 am
      How about giving the 96 seats a name instead of a number   at Anfield.That would be a fitting tribute to the 96.

Going off what I read the other day each seat will have a name on it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #39: May 14, 2016 09:34:27 am
      Have to agree.

Klopp mentioned this week that we may have played more games this season than anyone else in Europe.

Would give us a better chance of a run at the top four next season.

Good Plan .

I've mentioned this on many occasions, it would do us no harm to miss European football for one season, especially the gruelling Europa league,
      We have a fantastic opportunity to give absolutely everything we have to bring home no 19,
      We all know the importance of playing at Europe's top table but at the end of the day our domestic league is 'Our Bread and Butter' it's this we need to strive for each and every season,
      Champion's of England that's what's missing from our Resume for the last 26 years, how much longer are you prepared to wait for that to be rectified?

Fans of other club's goad us,  saying we are living on past glories, well F**k them, who the F**k cares what they think,  at the end of the day only we can shut them to F**k up,
      But we have to do it for us, no one else,!

This next season is the chance to set up the start of a new era, through the last few years we've seen the end of the Munts success period and the new we'll buy the league by any means clubs like Chavs and Abu Dhabi United,
      This season we have witnessed Leicester city's one off miracle,
      Next season we can start the new 'Liverpool way' era with Jürgen steering the ship,
      within 7 months he has delivered two finals, has us beating the best the league has to offer, beaten two of Europe 's finest and instilled a never say die, winning mentality, all with players not of his choosing,  without a pre season in a campaign where there is little time to work with his players, and a injury list that would scupper any club's ambitions globally,

Jürgen has already began his preparations for next season, he knows already who he wants to bring in,those targets will fit in to a system tailor made to suit their skills, he has already told his players they need to go through hell and back again if they want success under him, his bootcamp will sort the men from the boys,
      In a word he's using the well known 5 P's...

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss- Poor Performance,
      THIS will get us into the top 4, and without any European football will have the luxury to work with his players, have a virtual injury free fully fit squad,
      We all want the League title more than any other trophy, we want to put a end to the 26 years, a club of our standing should not be waiting this long to be Champions of your domestic league,

CL and all its glory and the money will come it's written in Jürgen's stars, we just need to turn from doubters to believers

BOSS THA!!

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #40: May 14, 2016 09:35:30 am
      Nice touch that by WBA  well done to those at the club .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41: May 14, 2016 09:58:42 am
      Not sure why but I fancy us to win this game with our B-team, I reckon they'll be fired up and wanting to prove a point to Jürgen before the summer. If not then who cares, the only game that matters is the one on Wednesday.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: May 14, 2016 09:58:53 am
      Going off what I read the other day each seat will have a name on it.

Thank you ,that is how it should be.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #43: May 14, 2016 12:09:07 pm

Great gesture from West Brom
      That,& very thoughtful of them to leave them unoccupied and each seat to carry  the name of each victim.

R.I.P the 96

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #44: May 14, 2016 01:52:19 pm
      Massive respect to West Brom for the tribute.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #45: May 14, 2016 02:23:54 pm
      Ward/Bogdan  Randall Skrtel Maguire/Illori Flanagan Stewart Rossister Ibe Canos Brannagan Benteke.

I won't risk anyone who is starting on the weekend or even on the bench especially Smith, considering how easily Moreno loses his head. The game means nothing to us.

Quick Reply