Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tougher pre-season training on the way?

Read 3672 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Tougher pre-season training on the way?
      May 12, 2016 10:37:45 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is introducing a pre-season boot camp with his players facing triple training sessions each day & 7am starts. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp has told his players they will have only two weeks’ complete break this summer. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp believes a strong pre-season is crucial to Liverpool’s ambitions & is mindful of the complications Euro 2016 will bring. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp: “Football is about training and all that we have done is because of the work we’ve done together."

Klopp: "It’s triple training sessions (in pre-season), of course. I’m really looking forward to pre-season."
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Tougher pre-season training on the way?
      Reply #1: May 12, 2016 10:42:15 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is introducing a pre-season boot camp with his players facing triple training sessions each day & 7am starts. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp has told his players they will have only two weeks’ complete break this summer. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp believes a strong pre-season is crucial to Liverpool’s ambitions & is mindful of the complications Euro 2016 will bring. (Paul Joyce)

Klopp: “Football is about training and all that we have done is because of the work we’ve done together."

Klopp: "It’s triple training sessions (in pre-season), of course. I’m really looking forward to pre-season."

Should have kept that quiet until after we have made our summer signings. :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: May 12, 2016 10:46:11 pm

Sturridge's whole body has just shut down on hearing that. :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: May 12, 2016 10:47:27 pm
      That's going to be brutal for the lads. I expect to see quite a few injuries being suffered. The hard work will pay off though.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: May 12, 2016 10:53:55 pm
      That's going to be brutal for the lads. I expect to see quite a few injuries being suffered. The hard work will pay off though.

FFS      HB may be lurking in the skirting boards  ... and deign ourselves with his presence .*
                 He will have Klopp out to dry and impose himself as our new manager from the comfort of his armchair.

(* Fly fishing . )
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: May 12, 2016 11:01:53 pm

I doubt it. All the great athletes in the world have been straight to the training at the rise of dawn. I think Klopp's high fitness standards came as a bit of a shock to our players where it was quite clear, from the hamstring injuries, that they were soft and not at all hardened. Anyone complaining should remember that they are earning 100k to be the fittest and the best. Pisses me off to hear of stories from some  football clubs (including, allegedly during Roy Hodgson's time at the club here) of players sauntering into training at 10 o clock and then driving off home at 2pm.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: May 12, 2016 11:06:34 pm
      Pisses me off to hear of stories from some  football clubs (including, allegedly during Roy Hodgson's time at the club here) of players sauntering into training at 10 o clock and then driving off home at 2pm.

Roy needed his nanna naps. :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7: May 12, 2016 11:34:11 pm
      Sturridge's whole body has just shut down on hearing that. :D

:lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: May 13, 2016 02:55:51 am
      Jürgen Klopp bringing in nutritionist Mona Nemmer from Bayern Munich this summer.

He's not going to leave any stone unturned is this man!
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #9: May 13, 2016 10:05:39 am
      Pre-season is definitely the right time to introduce a tougher new regime.

It was definitely a mistake to push too hard during the season and resulted in a string of injuries - all too predictable for anyone who knows anything about sports science.

It will be interesting to see whether the advantage of high-intensity, high pressing will translate to the Premiership as the pace of the game is much faster.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4877 
      Reply #10: May 13, 2016 12:16:39 pm
      He means business this summer.

Good news from my perspective.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: May 13, 2016 12:35:38 pm
      It was definitely a mistake to push too hard during the season and resulted in a string of injuries

I think we can all agree Klopp wasn't too happy with the fitness of the squad when he took on the job.

Club Melwood is dead now and we're going back to being a professional outfit again.

Klopp is definitely the real deal.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016 02:54:57 pm by HUYTON RED »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #12: May 13, 2016 01:24:42 pm
      Should have kept that quiet until after we have made our summer signings. :)

Even better. We have no room for lazy players. Or players looking for higher wages then slacking off as footballers. We want players who consistently want to improve, hate losing and strive to become world class footballers.

They owe it to us as we are paying their salary through ticket sales, merchandise, stadium tours, meals at the bootroom, tv rights etc.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: May 13, 2016 01:57:25 pm
      Unlike everyone else, it seems, I don't know what pre-season training consisted of before Jürgen - I honestly don't know if it was 'single', 'double' or even 'quadruple' sessions so... I can't really make an informed comment on the "new" regimen.

I guess it will be a case of 'the proof of the pudding...' and all that.  :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: May 13, 2016 02:06:10 pm
      Pre-season is definitely the right time to introduce a tougher new regime.

It was definitely a mistake to push too hard during the season and resulted in a string of injuries - all too predictable for anyone who knows anything about sports science.

It will be interesting to see whether the advantage of high-intensity, high pressing will translate to the Premiership as the pace of the game is much faster.

You're here !

We missed you ! Especially on this topic . xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Did you know we are in a Final ?

Thought I'd give you a catch up.
      I'm nice like that .
       ;D

Now what did I put on the end of the rod ?
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2016 02:42:52 pm by eurored »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15: May 13, 2016 02:18:45 pm
      Unlike everyone else, it seems, I don't know what pre-season training consisted of before Jürgen - I honestly don't know if it was 'single', 'double' or even 'quadruple' sessions so... I can't really make an informed comment on the "new" regimen.

Good point.

If we judge it in a vacuum, I'd say it sounds like Jürgen takes his conditioning seriously and I'd say we all understand his desire to have a fit group that can run for days.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: May 13, 2016 02:40:50 pm
      Good point.

If we judge it in a vacuum, I'd say it sounds like Jürgen takes his conditioning seriously and I'd say we all understand his desire to have a fit group that can run for days.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Ever see Stuey on Family Guy say "  vac-uum "  when he had mouthed something else at Brian?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #17: May 13, 2016 02:45:05 pm
      I would pay money to see his training, I love seeing him work. He is a passionate manager which I love as well. He needs to break or make certain players (I'm not speaking about injuries).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: May 13, 2016 06:36:53 pm
      Exactly how it should be. Can see how much our players get tired after a pressing start to games, we always drop right off in the second half.

Going into the new season hopefully fitter and stronger than any other team and benefit as a result.
      Mattie 84
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #19: May 13, 2016 07:17:39 pm
      Find out the passengers and get rid
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20: May 13, 2016 09:20:47 pm

Now what did I put on the end of the rod ?

KopiteLuke?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21: May 13, 2016 09:25:04 pm

Maybe Fat Burners wont be needed next season ? :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22: May 13, 2016 09:58:44 pm

Was that your best  ... or was that funny ?
      Let me know.

Quick Reply