Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Are we going to become the new Leicester?

Read 7849 times
      Mattie 84
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Re: Are we going to become the new Leicester?
      Reply #23: May 13, 2016 07:16:15 pm
      Let's give up our history to be a one season wonder
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24: May 13, 2016 08:41:15 pm
      Or we can debate a decent topic like adults maybe?

Were's the fun in that meany moo!! ;)

Spot F***ing on!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: May 13, 2016 10:01:02 pm
      Were's the fun in that meany moo!! ;)

Spot f**king on!

;D

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #26: May 13, 2016 10:56:13 pm
      Leicester were totally lucky with key players not getting injured, they played great football of course and Ranieri instilled belief in them, I think the lack of injuries and other teams just being a bit crap was the key to how it happened.

As for the premise or should I say title of the thread, I cringed when I saw it and just thought oh no, you haven't have you, yes you have.

Become the new Leicester, what the hell?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #27: May 14, 2016 01:57:30 am
      The new Leicester? I can only hope, to get one premiership win on the board would be nice!

However, no, we will become the awakened giant. We wont require daft amounts of money, we just need the man in charge we have now.

We will not only win domestic trophies, we will dominate abroad, something Leicester have no chance of doing.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #28: May 14, 2016 07:29:07 am

And some millions of our fans around the world...

Then we can exchange Klopp for Ranieri !!!
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2016 08:57:33 am by nikos »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #29: May 14, 2016 09:35:53 am
      How about we'll become the old Liverpool.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30: May 14, 2016 10:33:02 am
      How about we'll become the old Liverpool.

Dear Mr Balls .

This statement is what it is about.

Your fascination of seeing your name on screen and people actually responding to inane theme questions such as this one ... might have some credibility ... if you had made any meaningful contributions to the Inquest threads ,  the VillaReal thread and the Borussia thread.

When also asked to prove your ludicrous statements you are unable to ... you hide.

Comparing us to another club? 
      Subject of an LFCReds thread FFS ?

Completely ridiculous and bizarre in the extreme.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #31: May 14, 2016 10:52:38 am
      Why the new Leicester? It's not even like the tactics used by Ranieri are anything 'new', they've just been implemented very well.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #32: May 14, 2016 01:10:10 pm

Lot of contempt here for Leicester - let's face facts, they have managed to win the Premiership, something that we have yet to achieve.

Not only that but the odds they had to overcome to do it, being nearly relegated last year and with their financial handicap were 5000-1 - in other words, higher than any of the titles or cups we have won. To put it in perspective, the odds for us winning the match at half time in Istanbul were 100-1.

Yes they may only have done it once but you have to respect the fact they are Champions. Thinking we are automatically going to dominate the league and Europe just because of our history in the 70s and 80s is just entitlement culture. We last won the league at (around) the same time Everton did.

I'm not too arrogant to think we can learn something from a team which has scaled the biggest footballing heights since Clough's Forest.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #33: May 14, 2016 01:12:41 pm
      Dear Mr Balls .

This statement is what it is about.

Your fascination of seeing your name on screen and people actually responding to inane theme questions such as this one ... might have some credibility ... if you had made any meaningful contributions to the Inquest threads ,  the VillaReal thread and the Borussia thread.

When also asked to prove your ludicrous statements you are unable to ... you hide.

If you took the effort to read the article I posted and had the brains to understand what it meant you would see that becoming "the old Liverpool" is precisely what it's NOT about.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34: May 14, 2016 01:34:54 pm
      Lot of contempt here for Leicester - let's face facts, they have managed to win the Premiership, something that we have yet to achieve.

Not only that but the odds they had to overcome to do it, being nearly relegated last year and with their financial handicap were 5000-1 - in other words, higher than any of the titles or cups we have won. To put it in perspective, the odds for us winning the match at half time in Istanbul were 100-1.

Yes they may only have done it once but you have to respect the fact they are Champions. Thinking we are automatically going to dominate the league and Europe just because of our history in the 70s and 80s is just entitlement culture. We last won the league at (around) the same time Everton did.

I'm not too arrogant to think we can learn something from a team which has scaled the biggest footballing heights since Clough's Forest.

Mate your once again talking out of your chocolate star fish, what exactly can we learn from Leicester f***in city,? OK fair play to them they won the f***in league and deservedly so, but c'mon look at the factors, Chavs being sh*te, Citeh capitulating, Arse once again flattering to deceive, Munts the same, and Spuds bottling it,
      That's the facts, Leicester City, with no European football to contend with, no major injuries, a fully committed squad singing from the same songsheet and playing once sometimes twice a week,

They took full advantage of their opportunity, kept their momentum and got there,
      So go on, tell us all exactly what is their magic formula of which we can learn from??

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: May 14, 2016 01:40:57 pm
      If you took the effort to read the article I posted and had the brains to understand what it meant you would see that becoming "the old Liverpool" is precisely what it's NOT about.

OK
      Let me delete the bit that disturbs you .

Dear Mr Balls .

Happy ?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36: May 14, 2016 01:43:26 pm
      They took full advantage of their opportunity, kept their momentum and got there,
      So go on, tell us all exactly what is their magic formula of which we can learn from??

Take full advantage of our opportunity, keep our momentum and get there :)

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #37: May 14, 2016 01:47:49 pm
      OK
      Let me delete the bit that disturbs you .

Happy ?

Even though you were completely wrong about it you deleted the only bit of your post that had something do with the football and the title of the thread.

The rest of if is about me - once again you manage to ruin another thread with your bizarre obsession with me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #38: May 14, 2016 01:50:40 pm
      Take full advantage of our opportunity, keep our momentum and get there :)

It's a winning formula S@int especially if you only have domestic football to contend with, the whole lot changes when you add weekly European football, have only recovery time with your charges, playing 4 times within a fortnight, not forgetting injuries sustained by having to over play your staff, etc etc,

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #39: May 14, 2016 01:59:38 pm
      It's a winning formula S@int especially if you only have domestic football to contend with, the whole lot changes when you add weekly European football, have only recovery time with your charges, playing 4 times within a fortnight, not forgetting injuries sustained by having to over play your staff, etc etc,

YNWA

I agree mate. So I suppose the answer is either that we prioritize more, or have a squad of sufficient size and strength to cope with the extra demands.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #40: May 14, 2016 02:03:48 pm
      I agree mate. So I suppose the answer is either that we prioritize more, or have a squad of sufficient size and strength to cope with the extra demands.

Either way, come next season these excuses of playing too many games certainly won't wash.

When your fan-base demands cups, title challenges, then these same demands cannot be used as excuses forever.

Klopp is supposedly getting them fitter for it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #41: May 14, 2016 02:08:38 pm

Mate your once again talking out of your chocolate star fish, what exactly can we learn from Leicester f***in city,? OK fair play to them they won the f***in league and deservedly so, but c'mon look at the factors, Chavs being sh*te, Citeh capitulating, Arse once again flattering to deceive, Munts the same, and Spuds bottling it,
      That's the facts, Leicester City, with no European football to contend with, no major injuries, a fully committed squad singing from the same songsheet and playing once sometimes twice a week,

YNWA

Got to pick out your last paragraph fella, are you honestly compairing Leicester winning the league
       to that of Forest not only winning the league and winning the European cup and defending it,are you actually saying Leicester's is a better achievement?

You really are talking absolute bollocks if you honestly think that??

Ffs honestly.!!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #42: May 14, 2016 02:28:19 pm

Squad size would certainly help for sure, as for prioritising we would have to seriously think about it, we might have our hands forced by the end of next week in any case, worse case scenario for example is we miss out league position wise and by some miracle Sevilla get the better of us Wednesday, a double kick in the nuts for sure,

I make no secret that I wouldn't mind a European free season to help us bring home no 19, CL and all the trimmings will come eventually under Jürgen imho , so we miss out for one season, but I refer back to the advantage Leicester had with only domestic football to contend with, the problem with that is of course keeping everybody happy as far as game time goes, it's a head scratcher alright, a solution of course is winning next Wednesday and Jürgen giving it bifters, and putting LFC very much back on the European map ?

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #43: May 14, 2016 02:42:37 pm
      Mate your once again talking out of your chocolate star fish, what exactly can we learn from Leicester f***in city,?

We can learn that if the coach assesses his squad and plays football to maximize their ability and plays to their strengths you can win the league.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #44: May 14, 2016 04:11:02 pm
      We can learn that if the coach assesses his squad and plays football to maximize their ability and plays to their strengths you can win the league.

All true and correct Si, sounds simple doesn't it, perhaps Jürgen has been assessing our squad so that he will have us playing football that will maximise the players ability , and will add strength and quality in the summer, we are all aware that to win the league you need the rub of the green as well as a hell of a lot of other things to go your way throughout the entirety of the campaign,

a larger squad with added quality is key, having two players for each position for instance would go a long way in rolling with consistency, imho I don't think we are far off achieving that, of course it's rare to have a complete squad with all at their peak all at the same time,

It's clear that Jürgen wants a certain level of fitness to allow him to play the style that he believes in, we've seen evidence recently to suggest he's getting there, the difference in key players such as Lallana, Allen, Sturridge, Lovren, Moreno is testament to that, most of those players were being ridiculed earlier in this season mostly for lack of effort or so it seemed,

I think we will see a Liverpool capable of running 120 minutes of high octane , high pressing football that most in the EPL will struggle to deal with, I think we will see key players in Can, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana Sturridge, Lovren, et al reach a level even they would be surprised with add the new quality players Jürgen will bring in, and then add a team mindset where everyone has the same goal, consistency, a winning mentality and a attitude of never say die, put all this together and we become a very formidable side and one very much to fear,

We all go into a new season with fresh optimism and hope we're up there competing at the top of the table, it is my belief we will not only be within the top 4 I think we will be in contention for no 19.

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: May 14, 2016 05:20:22 pm
      The rest of if (sic) is about me

Self Obsessed.?

Box Of Frogs had your shirt  ....

"Why Always Me ? "

;D

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016 12:50:23 am by eurored »

Quick Reply